Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

List Of South African Foods - Food (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / List Of South African Foods (51896 Views)

African Foods In Brazil(photos) / 10 Mouth-watering African Foods You Need To Try / South African Restaurant Refuses To Sell Food To Nigerians (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of South African Foods by Edoziesmart(m): 8:37pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
Then why state that you're a female? undecided undecided
Lol!
There are plenty of teen boys here using the "f" gender here all in the name of looking for prey to scam.

2 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 22, 2023
What we normally refer to as soup here is a liquid mixture that consists of only veggies or tiny pieces of meat.

Some can even use mug drink it or eat it with bread.

Some people like drinking it like tea while it's still hot during winter times because it keeps them warm.
Love800:
Is just like they have their own name for it by calling it pap. That is cool sha.

Bread nd soup. It sounds unique sha. But i want to know, wat is the difference btw soup nd stew because some people sometimes identify the both as the same. Maybe their soup is stew to dem(south africans)
Re: List Of South African Foods by Gamesmart: 8:42pm On May 22, 2023
Lagosianswag:

I don't think you're Nigerian. If you're then you'd know chicken head or intestine is left out of the main meal.
Even some restaurants and suya sellers reserve it for some special people who ask for them. undecided
It's not a generally eaten delicacy.
Maybe in your tribe or area you eat it, as for me and the Nigerians I know, chicken head 🐔 or intestine (asides Gizzard) is not a relished delicacy undecided

I am not talking about restaurant sales, I am talking about home pots.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 22, 2023
We also eat food from other races... Remember that we're a rainbow nation and there are a variety of food to choose from...

I still had more pictures to upload, but nairaland kept preventing me from doing it until I got tired.

It took me two hours to post those pictures when it should've just taken me 15 minutes.
MichaelSokoto:

so all my life on earth, I gor Jez dey drink akamu, eat bread & chew meat dey go like dat?

Mbanu!

grin
Re: List Of South African Foods by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:49pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
We also eat food from other races... Remember that we're a rainbow nation and there are a variety of food to choose from...

I still had more pictures to upload, but nairaland kept preventing me from doing it until I got tired.

It took me two hours to post those pictures when it should've just taken me 15 minutes.
I totally get!

Pardon som clowns on here, we Jez luv clowning...

Good job tho!
cool

2 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by Love800(m): 8:51pm On May 22, 2023
Yea. I think i like the concept of your soup. That is i like the ingredients that it consist of. Its cool.

Yea. I understand now

Samantha124:
What we normally refer to as soup here is a liquid mixture that consists of only veggies or tiny pieces of meat.

Some can even use mug drink it or eat it with bread.

Some people like drinking it like tea while it's still hot during winter times because it keeps them warm.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 22, 2023
But a lot of South Africans bear same names.

Just like me, in my province there's no place that I would go and don't find a person who shares the same name as mine.

I remember I once argued with a Venda girl who bears the same name as mine when I asked her for the meaning of her name in Venda and she told me it's the same thing is Sepedi.. grin grin grin

I had to look for another Venda person in order for me to believe her.
Styluss:
I must say. S.A. chicks are so Dramatic. Sorry I wont like to disclose that here. She might be here cos she loves Nigerian contents
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 22, 2023
Oh! Okay.. smiley smiley smiley
Styluss:
Lol, I am not old, in my late 20s. Had a friend back in 2011 who always read stories on nairaland. was so curious that i started reading too, not for stories, but for politics and the funny comments. I later joined officially in 2013 on my Nokia C1 phone. grin
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 22, 2023
Some soups can be thick and you'll need a spoon to eat it, like beans soup.
Love800:
Yea. I think i like the concept of your soup. That is i like the ingredients that it consist of. Its cool.

Yea. I understand now

Re: List Of South African Foods by lifenajeje(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
Can you taste the chicken flavour when prepared with tripe?

That is why I mentioned people won't cook other proteins with tripes ..

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Trendy05(f): 9:08pm On May 22, 2023
Lord have mercy.

If you ask me, they don't have food.

They only have bread, beans and earthworms.

Flour or bread business will blossom in that country.

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Lagosianswag: 9:11pm On May 22, 2023
Gamesmart:

I am not talking about restaurant sales, I am talking about home pots.

The restaurant sales is a reflection of the preferred choice of Nigerians though? undecided

If you serve chicken head 🐔 and chicken intestine (asides Gizzard) to a visitor to your home, how would you think they'd feel?
If you're okay with it then I guess you're not Nigerian or you're from a minority tribe that I may not know of in my country. Because the Nigerians that I know of will not serve chicken head 🐔 or intestine to their guest (unless requested).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 22, 2023
But you guys eat bush meat too from snakes to rats, yet we the South Africans are not complaining because it's your food.
Lagosianswag:

The restaurant sales is a reflection of the preferred choice of Nigerians though? undecided

If you serve chicken head 🐔 and chicken intestine (asides Gizzard) to a visitor to your home, how would you think they'd feel?
If you're okay with it then I guess you're not Nigerian or you're from a minority tribe that I may not know of in my country. Because the Nigerians that I know of will not serve chicken head 🐔 or intestine to their guest (unless requested).
Re: List Of South African Foods by ImpregnaTor(m): 9:22pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
The mighty impregnator has spoken..😂😂😂

And thank you for understanding... Any other baby on the way?🤣🤣🤣
Not yet Lol

I'm on a break; I want the next girl to be south African cheesy
Re: List Of South African Foods by Lagosianswag: 9:28pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
Some soups can be thick and you'll need a spoon to eat it, like beans soup.

Beans soup is Gbegiri (from Southwest Nigeria) and it's not thick at all here grin
You've to mix it with ewedu (another slimy vegetable) and Amala for the perfect combination and of course assorted meat is the preferred protein tongue
Re: List Of South African Foods by Lagosianswag: 9:43pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
But you guys eat bush meat too from snakes to rats, yet we the South Africans are not complaining because it's your food.

Not everyone eat bush meat. The kind of bush meat available for you to kill depends on the region of Nigeria you live in.
Wild animals differ from the sahel savannah in Northern Nigeria to the Aquatic and Tropical Rainforest in Southern Nigeria.
Personally I don't eat bush meat because as a Lagosian (a.k.a City Boy) I grew up being fed only livestock, poultry, fisheries and crustaceans. 🐑 🐐 🐂 🐓🦈 🐟 🦐🦀

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 22, 2023
To me it sounds like you're describing a stew, not soup because I'm sure the meat is in big pieces.
Lagosianswag:

Beans soup is Gbegiri (from Southwest Nigeria) and it's not thick at all here grin
You've to mix it with ewedu (another slimy vegetable) and Amala for the perfect combination and of course assorted meat is the preferred protein tongue
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
No.

Y?

NB: How do you get to know about Nairaland? Just curious.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 22, 2023
But it still doesn't change the fact that some of your people eat bush meat.

Some South Africans also don't eat some of the food I mentioned there because we have a variety of food to choose from and we also eat some food from other races.
Lagosianswag:

Not everyone eat bush meat. The kind of bush meat available for you to kill depends on the region of Nigeria you live in.
Wild animals differ from the sahel savannah in Northern Nigeria to the Aquatic and Tropical Rainforest in Southern Nigeria.
Personally I don't eat bush meat because as a Lagosian (a.k.a City Boy) I grew up being fed only livestock, poultry, fisheries and crustaceans. 🐑 🐐 🐂 🐓🦈 🐟 🦐🦀
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 22, 2023
An acquaintance.
Efisimilala:

Y?

NB: who introduced you to Nairaland? Just curious.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 22, 2023
Noo, we're fine here.. try your neighbouring countries.. grin grin grin
ImpregnaTor:
Not yet Lol

I'm on a break; I want the next girl to be south African cheesy
Re: List Of South African Foods by mariahAngel(f): 9:52pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124 havepost=123304710:

It's not our normal food o! 😲
Those nasty eaters were just being adventurous.

🗣️Seun! Sheybi you've seen what you and your mods have caused, pushing those nasty snakes and scorpions threads to the front page?
Now, people from other countries think those are what Nigerians eat on a norm. 😩

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
An acquaintance.

From SA?
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 22, 2023
Nope, Nigeria.
Efisimilala:

From SA?
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
Nope, Nigeria.

That based in SA or Naija?
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 22, 2023
You've just made my night with this comment..🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway, let me go and sleep..🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️
mariahAngel:

It's not our normal food o! 😲
Those nasty eaters were just being adventurous.

🗣️Seun! Sheybi you've seen what you and your mods have caused, pushing those nasty snakes and scorpions threads to the front page?
Now, people from other countries think those are what Nigerians eat on a norm. 😩

2 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by Lagosianswag: 9:57pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
But it still doesn't change the fact that some of your people eat bush meat.

Some South Africans also don't eat some of the food I mentioned there because we have a variety of food to choose from and we also eat some food from other races.

Of course we Nigerians eat bush meat and I have no qualms with people who eat them. Personally I'm very selective about my diet so I choose my proteinous meat carefully.
I also have no qualms about South Africans eating chicken head and intestines because it's their home meal and I respect that.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:57pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
There are a few of them, I could mention them for you, if you want.
Go ahead. Nice to have you guys here with us. One big happy family

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 22, 2023
Was based in SA, but he's now back in Nigeria.
Efisimilala:

That based in SA or Naija?
Re: List Of South African Foods by illicit(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2023
omooba969:

@bolded - That's why most of y'all look sturdy and FAT with protruding belly, fat necks & K-leg. Don't you see how majority of our Nigerian women look compared to SA chicks - chai SA chicks are 🔥🔥🔥🙌

shocked
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 22, 2023
Ok...But you should have hold him tight na and hope you guys are still in touch.

Samantha124:
Was based in SA, but he's now back in Nigeria.

Do SA have similar forum like Nairaland? If yes list some for me.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Zaccshegzy(m): 10:02pm On May 22, 2023
omooba969:

Do you Nigerians actually throw anything away? undecided You people that eat any living thing rubbish. grin
Dey play.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

The Monitor Lizard And Bush Rats We Roasted For Dinner Today (PHOTOS) / Naija Continental Dishes / Only People With No Home Training Eat Eba And Fufu With Their Hand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.