Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

List Of South African Foods - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / List Of South African Foods (51527 Views)

African Foods In Brazil(photos) / 10 Mouth-watering African Foods You Need To Try / South African Restaurant Refuses To Sell Food To Nigerians (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 22, 2023
I haven't witnessed any xenophobia happening here, so I can't make a post based on allegations... Don't believe everything you see on the media.

The only thing I've seen are South Africans trying to chase away illegal immigrants who do crimes in SA, or those migrants who come to SA to do crimes.

But you're free to ask my fellow South Africans here on nairaland to do the post for you, because I only hear you guys talking about xenophobia in SA, but I've never witnessed it before.
Jahwinaboy:
Yeah sure. Someday you will taste Nigerian delicacies. Well done. Meanwhile, awaiting the day you will make a post debunking or exposing Xenophobia in SA. Nigerian guys would like to enlightened by you
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 22, 2023
Okay.. smiley smiley smiley
Postinor:
hmm,all these south africa foods look like faeces
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 22, 2023
Amen..🀣🀣🀣
victorazy:

Jesu
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 22, 2023
I think I did mentioned 3, or is it 2

Go check and give me feedback.
Gamesmart:

I asked for your Top 3.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Godsgift7837: 6:42pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
13. Biltong. It's dried beef... I prefer eating it as a snack.
I can’t find my pap and gravy on the list.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 22, 2023
Our pap is different.

And what you guys call soup, we call it stew here.
Sultty:
god bless Africa. Sa foods got me confused your "pap" is solid. here pap is a jelly like liquid made from seived maize
Nigerian soup is made of chopped or grinded dry vegetables, with meat/fish

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by BennyDGreat: 6:43pm On May 22, 2023
ghettochild:
Goat is way cheaper than cow meat in Nigeria.

Not entirely true.
A live goat is obviously cheaper than a live cow.

However, a 5kg goat meat would cost more than a 5kg cow meat because less people consume the goats compared to cow....so it naturally drives up the cost
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 22, 2023
Oh! I see.. smiley smiley smiley
Mrtaye:

Samantha ewa agoyin is Yoruba name for marshed beans predominantly cooked by the Agonyin people from Togo but it is very popular here in Nigeria with it's special stew
Re: List Of South African Foods by Godsgift7837: 6:44pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
I haven't witnessed any xenophobia happening here, so I can't make a post based on allegations... Don't believe everything you see on the media.

The only thing I've seen are South Africans trying to chase away illegal immigrants who do crimes in SA, or those migrants who come to SA to do crimes.

But you're free to ask my fellow South Africans here on nairaland to do the post for you, because I only hear you guys talking about xenophobia in SA, but I've never witnessed it before.
I don’t agree with this entirely. Your brothers are chasing both legal and illegal immigrants. I was detained for two days last week even when I provided proof that I have permit and they even threatened to destroy my passport if I wasn’t careful. I ended up paying R3000 before they let me go. I fear PTA
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 22, 2023
Wow! A lot is happening in this pot, but I can't exactly pinpoint what, but a lot is happening..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
ogify1:

Something like this…
Re: List Of South African Foods by Lagosianswag: 6:46pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
By cooking three different types of meat altogether?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Don't mind that person. It's not for saving gas. It's just that many Nigerians (especially Southern Nigerians) like assorted meat in a pot. cheesy

But I'm surprised you find it difficult differentiating the taste of different meat in one cooking.
Maybe some of us have special taste buds grin Because there's no amount of disguise you can do to dog meat in a soup of beef, chicken and fish I'd know you added dog meat (which I don't like) undecided
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 22, 2023
What's shaki?
Smith414:
Nor be shaki and ring I dey see so
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 22, 2023
Maybe my SA food will also make you come to SA running..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
MichaelSokoto:

Ewa agonyin!

dis one alone will make u denounce ur South African citizenship & relocate down to naija here!
cool

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 22, 2023
Is Gizdodo made from gizzards?
mariahAngel:

We have some few foods in common with you people.

Pic 1 is like Nigeria's bread and beans.
Pic 2 is similar to our Gizdodo.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 22, 2023
What's that in the second picture?
Bahamas95:
But I must show you original food before I leave, not those flowers you posted. cheesy
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 22, 2023
Lol..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Dynamicboss:

Lovely meals Samantha. Can you cook all this? Let me know and text me your house address. I will board the next keke napep there wink wink
Re: List Of South African Foods by Lagosianswag: 6:54pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
What's shaki?

Shaki is the Tripe you mentioned. We like cow, sheep and goat intestines but Chicken intestines is not eaten by many Nigerians unless Sapa hold you undecided
Chicken head and feet is not a favourite, it's a sign of Sapa if you start eating chicken "leftovers".

But Alas! Cultures differ! smiley

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Blackdisciple(m): 6:55pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
White people don't eat chicken intestines.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by YemyTemmy: 6:55pm On May 22, 2023
Which ones do they eat that give them big yansh?
Re: List Of South African Foods by achimendy(m): 7:00pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
One nairalander asked that I post about South African foods and I thought since I now have all the time to myself, let me do it now before something comes up.

mariahAngel, food is ready... grin grin grin

1. Samp and beans. You can either choose to eat it as it is, or you can add some lamb or beef stew on the side, even chicken stew... Personally I prefer beef stew because I don't eat lamb.

Samantha all this for me??

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Iamkaro: 7:03pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
We all have different preferences depending on the environment we were raised it.

I find most of your food too oily too, but I understand that it's your native food.
Yeah, We all have different preferences

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Gamesmart: 7:06pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
I think I did mentioned 3, or is it 2

Go check and give me feedback.

It would been much easier and far less laborious for you to just state them, rather than write twice how you have answered.

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 22, 2023
Well, that's our local food.
IkeIgboNiile:
It seems like black south Africans were feeding on grass before the white man came. How is it that you guys don't have local dishes and not goat this, beef that.

Nigerians in South Africa are really trying because have to spend a lot on foods. All these foods here look like dessert except pap.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 22, 2023
But you guys also add meat in your food.. undecided undecided undecided
Hotwest:
seems they like meat alot
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 22, 2023
What's semo?
tonyshine01:
No wonder una dey get big big nyash.
How una nyash no go dey enormous with all these meat, milk, cheese, butter, beans and Semo?
Re: List Of South African Foods by emmyN(m): 7:12pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
When I eat chicken, I want it to taste like chicken and when I eat tripe, I want it to taste like tripe.

Personally, I've never seen any one cooking different kinds of meat in the same pot here. Most times when we have meat in our food we usually go with a single variety at a time

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 22, 2023
At least someone likes SA food in here..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
callmevirus:
I have eaten almost everything here except Samp I don't like it

My favourites are pap, braai and put (Zulu food).

Favourite early morning chops is magunye

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Jahwinaboy(m): 7:13pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:

I have not seen or hear of any south African here. You have said it all. Lets believe you then.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 22, 2023
It means they're way too soft and not solid.
pdf90:
it's only fufu you can eat days later... Semo, Eba, two, pounded yam etc... Will spoil that very day if you are not careful ,
Re: List Of South African Foods by Bahamas95(m): 7:15pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
What's that in the second picture?
Goat meat pepper soup.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 22, 2023
We clean them first.

They're delicious.. smiley smiley smiley
kasim155:

Yeah, we don't eat chicken intestine here in Nigeria, we do throw it away so I was wondering how they will be feeling eating it.

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Postinor: 7:17pm On May 22, 2023
Jahwinaboy:
Guy edit this your post. How you go dey call a whole country foods sh*t. No make sense. We are here to learn. Na im b say u no go vess if them say same of all Nigerian food
ok,sorry, just stated my observation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

The Most Popular Food In Nigeria / Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano / I Prepared Lunch For Me And My Wife Just 120naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.