Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC (22299 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by ExAngel007(f): 1:22pm On May 21, 2023
Prof Mojisola Adeyeye, the Director-General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, has revealed that over 70 per cent of food exported from Nigeria are rejected abroad which is a major concern.

Prof Adeyeye said this at the official commissioning of the New NAFDAC Office complex for the Murtala Muhammed International Airport/NAHCO in Lagos.

In a statement by the Resident Media Consultant to NAFDAC, Sayo Akintola, on Sunday, Adeyeye said the incidence of rejection of food exports from Nigeria in some European countries and the United States of America may soon become a thing of the past if collaboration between the agency and other government agencies at the ports is strengthened.

Adeyeye said the deplorable state of export trade facilitation for regulated products leaving the country has continued to be a serious cause for concern for the agency, adding that a trip to NAFDAC Export warehouses within the international airport will explain the major reason for the continuous rejection of Nigerian exports abroad.

She, however, noted that the agency is responding to the challenge by collaborating with the agencies at the Ports by ensuring that goods meet the regulatory requirements of the importing countries and destinations.

‘’The mandate to safeguard the health of the populace through ensuring that food, medicines, cosmetics, medical devices, chemicals, and packaged water are safe, efficacious, and of the right quality in an economy that is overwhelmingly dependent on the importation of the bulk of its finished products and raw materials could never have been actualised without the effective presence of NAFDAC at the ports and land borders,’ ’ she said.

Commending the Nigeria Customs Service, she said, ‘ ’Without customs, we will not be able to do a lot of what we have been able to do.

The collaboration between Customs and NAFDAC is huge. NAFDAC is a complex organisation. We are scientific.

We are police and we work with the Department of State Services. We work with Interpol and the Federal Bureau of Investigation because of the few unscrupulous stakeholders.

NAFDAC collaborates with Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Services to ensure that due diligence is done because over 70 per cent of the products that leave our ports get rejected.

Considering the money spent on getting those products out of the country, it is a double loss for both the exporter and the country.

‘’Without the police, we cannot do much in terms of investigation and enforcement. We have over 80 policemen with us in NAFDAC. They help us a lot when we are doing raids or investigations as the case may be’’.

https://punchng.com/over-70-nigerian-foods-rejected-abroad-nafdac-2/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by LeoDeKing: 1:24pm On May 21, 2023
Importers and exporters quickly come to mind. Those people who usually boast of containers on high sea.

Even in Nigeria, I have stopped buying anything in traffic hold up especially in Lagos because everything is fake including food items. The only item I buy in traffic these days is bottled water and I have to carefully check if it is properly sealed.

Imagine plantain chips fried with a mixture of condemned palm oil and black engine oil. Is that not murder?

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by 1Alex: 1:25pm On May 21, 2023
Me wey wan export garri

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Hezzyluv: 1:26pm On May 21, 2023
Most of their foods are chemical! Chemical!! Chemical!!! and unsafe for consideration too. undecided

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by HacheNoire: 1:40pm On May 21, 2023
What an irony.

Even when Nigeria has more quality food than them.

35 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by AdaojoTheUrchin: 1:43pm On May 21, 2023
Sometimes it is not just about quality, it is also about Politics. No serious country likes having food imported into its country.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by optionalY09: 1:44pm On May 21, 2023
processing is too nasty dirty!

6 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by GeneralPula: 2:10pm On May 21, 2023
Why won’t they..

When 70% of what Nigerians love to consume are imported things..

If you as a Nigerian doesn’t like to use Made in Nigeria produce, why should a foreigner likes it? Are we leading by example?

Jokes on Nigerians!

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by mariovito(m): 2:14pm On May 21, 2023
I wish they stated the reason(s) for the rejection.

36 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by GeneralPula: 2:18pm On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Importers and exporters quickly come to mind. Those people who usually boast of containers on high sea.

Even in Nigeria, I have stopped buying anything in traffic hold up especially in Lagos because everything is fake including food items. The only item I buy in traffic these days is bottled water and I have to make sure it is properly sealed.

Imagine plantain chips fried with a mixture of condemned palm oil and black engine oil. Is that not murder?
It’s terrible my brother!

The only thing I eat outside now is goat meat pepper soup! I cook 99.5% of whatever I wanna fucckin eat bro!

This country needs serious cleansing!

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by flokii: 2:23pm On May 21, 2023
The money they are supposed to use in educating and informing farmers, buyers and citizens on dangers of excessive use of Chemicals on food items and farmlands, some corrupt public officials are thete sitting on it, embezzlong without regard for safety of others. What is the work of NOA and likes?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by CodeTemplar: 3:16pm On May 21, 2023
Yes now. We use banned seedlings, insecticides, pesticides and manure containing poisolonous elements like lead a lot. Illiteracy giant of Africa.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by CodeTemplar: 3:20pm On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Even in Nigeria, I have stopped buying anything in traffic hold up especially in Lagos because everything is fake including food items. The only item I buy in traffic these days is bottled water and I have to make sure it is properly sealed.

The core of your soul is hardwired to spin everything against political adversaries.

Banned seedling, deadly insecticides, deadly pesticides and poisonous organic manure are not the fault of those who export food but those farming them and the cow focused govt who leave citizens to compete with cows as well as the office loving NAFDAC.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by CodeTemplar: 3:21pm On May 21, 2023
GeneralPula:

The only thing I eat outside now is goat meat pepper soup! I cook 99.5% of whatever I wanna fucckin eat bro!

brother indeed. Braindeadness.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by ThatrealestApex: 5:08pm On May 21, 2023
C
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by slawomir: 5:09pm On May 21, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

mariovito:
I wish they stated the reason(s) for the rejection.

Read niggar

Always read
Real niggars read
The reason for the rejection is stated in the body of the topic

GeneralPula:

Even the goat way them dey use na goat way never strong...kid goat abi na baby goat lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by mayowascholar(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2023
Bring them back ooo
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by silvoclaira: 5:10pm On May 21, 2023
That's why Hlda Bacci need to repackage her food she is selling
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Starboytwo(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2023
Our food to get pepper that’s why. You know oyinbo no Dey eat pepper.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by paymentvoucher: 5:11pm On May 21, 2023
So all those people spewing r*bbish about empty containers leaving Nigeria will rest now.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by SwissMass: 5:11pm On May 21, 2023
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by maureensylvia(f): 5:12pm On May 21, 2023
Chineke nnam

2 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Terver90: 5:13pm On May 21, 2023
Exporting from nigeria is not easy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Itisallright: 5:13pm On May 21, 2023
What do you expect when we fail to control quality, 90 to 95% of Nigerians are always in hurry to make money and never have time for quality process, govt that suppose to also check are busy sharing our money. I wonder how dollar want take come down when we are not ready to export.....

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by nwakibie3(m): 5:13pm On May 21, 2023
And una still allow them here
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by hardon1(m): 5:13pm On May 21, 2023
Starboytwo:
Our food to get pepper that’s why. You know oyinbo no Dey eat pepper.

How that one take concern me, make Dem bring am back na undecided undecided undecided
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:13pm On May 21, 2023
Considering the money spent on getting those products out of the country, it is a double loss for both the exporter and the country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by 96ACE: 5:14pm On May 21, 2023
grin
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by inoki247: 5:14pm On May 21, 2023
Lol to even eat outside come dey hard like kilode...

If person wan live long you've to be watching where u eat...

4 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Pwettylinda(f): 5:15pm On May 21, 2023
Thiefnubuu should be rejected too undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) / Who Else Finds It Difficult Eating Food Without Meat, Fish Or Egg? / See How I Made This Simple Sauce Using Minced Meat (pics And Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.