Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC (22326 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by jubrilELsudan: 5:15pm On May 21, 2023
EVEN NIGERIAN KUKUNASE IS REJECTED ABROAD

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by musicwriter(m): 5:15pm On May 21, 2023
If Nigerian foods would complete well with their local foods, they'll reject it with ridiculous terms and conditions.

But then, train you to believe that their interest represent your interest too. And subsequently rip you off by going against your own real interests to ship you everything.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Bodexinvest: 5:15pm On May 21, 2023
Nafdac is not as it used to be anymore!

2 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by DeLaRue: 5:16pm On May 21, 2023
Yet, and despite the billions NAFDAC receives in subvention annually, their website is not helpful.

Most of the required processes can be done online, but Nafdac will not move in that direction. No doubt because of the bribery that goes on in their offices.

The Director- General that moved most CAC processes online should be moved to an agency like Nafdac to do the same there, and this Nafdac woman should be kicked out.

We need people with a 'can do spirit'.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by AngelicBeing: 5:17pm On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Importers and exporters quickly come to mind. Those people who usually boast of containers on high sea.

Even in Nigeria, I have stopped buying anything in traffic hold up especially in Lagos because everything is fake including food items. The only item I buy in traffic these days is bottled water and I have to carefully check if it is properly sealed.

Imagine plantain chips fried with a mixture of condemned palm oil and black engine oil. Is that not murder?
Buhahaha, Buhari, LeoDeKing is still posting on nairaland.com, and l know who and whom, he is referring to, he post in riddles and parables but hit his target with hammer 🔨, oya Buhari, it is time to detain him at Umuahia for 800 years tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by samsard(m): 5:18pm On May 21, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
Sometimes it is not jusy about quality, it is also about Politics. No serious country likes having food imported into its country.
If it's politics they'll stop it before it leaves the exporting country

2 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by reyscrub(m): 5:20pm On May 21, 2023
ExAngel007:

https://punchng.com/over-70-nigerian-foods-rejected-abroad-nafdac-2/

Why over 70% abroad foods accepted in Nigeria right, what an abnormal society.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by 43Ronin: 5:22pm On May 21, 2023
mariovito:
I wish they stated the reason(s) for the rejection.
the reason for rejection is simple lack of due diligence on both the farmers and exporters. E.g our yam is banned in North america because we don't simply clean the earth from the yam before packing them for shipment. beans is banned in Europe because we can't simply remove the weaver's before exporting. It's the simple things like garri and na only nigerians dey chop am.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Angelfrost(m): 5:23pm On May 21, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
Sometimes it is not just about quality, it is also about Politics. No serious country likes having food imported into its country.

True... This is one thing many will not reason.

2 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by SMARTMOTORS(m): 5:24pm On May 21, 2023
WE NEED OUR OWN PORTS OOOO!!!!!.....CALABAR, PORTHACOURT, WARRI, RIVER NIGER!!
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Ykc2(m): 5:25pm On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Importers and exporters quickly come to mind. Those people who usually boast of containers on high sea.

Even in Nigeria, I have stopped buying anything in traffic hold up especially in Lagos because everything is fake including food items. The only item I buy in traffic these days is bottled water and I have to carefully check if it is properly sealed.

Imagine plantain chips fried with a mixture of condemned palm oil and black engine oil. Is that not murder?
you don't want to eat then,fake ponmo,dead cow suya,flies infested kilishi, tell me what is not fake in nigeria?even fake Facebook account full naija fake buildings wey collapse everyday for lagos, fake dollar aboki sellers ,

2 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by 43Ronin: 5:25pm On May 21, 2023
musicwriter:
If Nigerian foods would complete well with their local foods, they'll reject it with ridiculous terms and conditions.

But then, train you to believe that their interest represent your interest too. And subsequently rip you off by going against your own real interests to ship you everything.
wrong! They are importing from Ghana, Jamaica, carribeans because their exporters do basic things like clean your food and package properly before export. You need to understand that its Africans tha eat African food not oyinbo.

6 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Truthshscrazy: 5:26pm On May 21, 2023
grin
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by jaymichael(m): 5:26pm On May 21, 2023
HacheNoire:
What an irony.

Even when Nigeria has more quality food than them.

Quite ironic but UK and USA have big restrictions on imported food not only from Nigeria.
My consolation is that our food is better than theirs
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by jojothaiv(m): 5:28pm On May 21, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
Sometimes it is not just about quality, it is also about Politics. No serious country likes having food imported into its country.
Exactly
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by blowjohn(m): 5:29pm On May 21, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Thiefnubuu should be rejected too undecided

Show us ur waec result.

Just type anything anyhow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by ImpregnaTor(m): 5:29pm On May 21, 2023
A country without standards
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Asswipemod: 5:31pm On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Someone was caught on camera using a small quantity of acid to quickly roast up a large quantity of groundnuts. This same Nigeria o. What of Abokis using black gutter water to wash their oranges before peeling them for sale?

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Fearyourcreator: 5:34pm On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Those people can do anything for money... Asin anything

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 21, 2023
HacheNoire:
What an irony.

Even when Nigeria has more quality food than them.

Lol wallahi you're right. I'm surprised to see the news 😂
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by ceeceeuwa: 5:37pm On May 21, 2023
Who their foreign food help? Despite the standard their products meet they keep dieing of cancer!
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Sammy5413(m): 5:38pm On May 21, 2023
Na nonsense we just dey chop for naija
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Acidosis(m): 5:39pm On May 21, 2023
Nigerians will always overrate themselves.

I was at the market the other day and can't find a single shop with weevil-less beans. You will buy beans from the market and more than 70% have been damaged by insects and ants.

Which sane country will buy your beans with 40% weevil when they are not ma.d?? We always expect the world to tolerate our inadequacies and poor judgement. Our minds have been so remotely damaged by corruption and inefficiency to the extent that some persons now consider weevil a nutritious protein and part of the "deal".

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by maduxs: 5:41pm On May 21, 2023
Shit hole country exporting their shit hole food with a drug lord as president elect, piss-off

2 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Benjamin4388(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2023
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Pondabrown: 5:41pm On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Everything mustn't be about politics. Please detest from spinning things around politics all the time.

3 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by sanya4good(m): 5:42pm On May 21, 2023
When traders here will be preserving beans with carbide and sniper why won't it be rejected by the Europeans who value the life and safety of their citizens.

4 Likes

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by godofuck231: 5:44pm On May 21, 2023
Yes because it just wouldn't poison the blacks
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by juman(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2023
mariovito:
I wish they stated the reason(s) for the rejection.

Reason.
@bolded.
Our people dont meet the regulatory requirements of the importing countries and destinations.
Many atimes packaging are wrong.

She, however, noted that the agency is responding to the challenge by collaborating with the agencies at the Ports by ensuring that goods meet the regulatory requirements of the importing countries and destinations.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Kenneth4u205(m): 5:49pm On May 21, 2023
What do you expect when you allow Fulani and Hausa to export products?.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by 360command: 5:53pm On May 21, 2023
It is very sad how they can ban our food but they impose GM foods( genetically modified foods) on us, they also impose foods which are high fructose corn syrup food on us. How can you boil corn and in 10 to 15mins,that corn is cooked?
How can you eat a fruit and in the fruit, there are no seeds in it?
How can you eat a fruit, and when you dispose that fruit on the ground, 5 mins later , no single ant or flies are on that fruit.
How can you eat a fruit and in the first bite of the fruit, it feels like you are biting plastic and your mind tells you, this is different.
When you look at their eggs, you will see that it is all white and not brown. This is because they practice inorganic farming practices. Those who practice poultry farming, when you feed your chicken on organic matters, you will get organic eggs.

In Africa, we may have failed to apply some certain standard in farming process but I can say that our produce still come out natural and organic but the west are known to manufacture food that are making us dig our graves too early.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Boss469(m): 5:56pm On May 21, 2023
1Alex:
Me wey wan export garri

Which better food? Nigeria food is trash and dirty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Is A Sachet Of Water In Your Area? / See How I Made This Simple Sauce Using Minced Meat (pics And Vid) / The Two Apple I Bought Today. The Price Shock Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.