Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC (22341 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Jossibest(m): 8:13pm On May 21, 2023
There's nothing good about this country na or Abi you no hear?
Our food or drugs which one good?
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by yom2(m): 8:30pm On May 21, 2023
inoki247:
Lol to even eat outside come dey hard like kilode...

If person wan live long you've to be watching where u eat...
occasionally if I don't have a choice and must eat out I always insist they make it burning hot in microwave. That helps halfway
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by frozen70(f): 8:42pm On May 21, 2023
ExAngel007:

https://punchng.com/over-70-nigerian-foods-rejected-abroad-nafdac-2/

How old is this woman sef?
I think we need an active head to revamp that Agency
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by caandi: 8:43pm On May 21, 2023
360command:
You are not watching the news.. yes it is a choice but when the african leaders are invited and you say you won't come, they will tell you, there will be consequences.
Yes it is a choice, but when you are asked to do something your constitution, religion, traditional values does not conform with it, they will impose sanctions, cutting aid for refusing to heed to their commands.
so in essence you’re saying if we don’t import their processed foods that they will sanction us?
Im not sure about this info you’re giving me
If it’s rules like accepting gay gay marriage I can understand
But food??
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by gaddafe(m): 8:56pm On May 21, 2023
baralatie:

You noticed that all the nafdac is after is about how to collect fees for quarantine

You see my brother, I was into exportation of food products to European countries before I left the business. Currently most European countries export food products from Asian countries and this trend will not stop soon. What I think we should be looking at is to dominate the African countries. Anyway that is a topic for another day...

When food products are rejected, it is usually because the foods are damaged before it gets to the final destination. Even if they show you the condition the goods are when they arrive at the destination, you will never consume it. It is truly usually bad. That particular problem was what Peter Obi used in campaigning...

After our goods gets into the container, it takes too long to leave the port. As a result of different bodies that will need to clear, sort and all that rubbish. Your goods end up damaged when it arrives and you loose out

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by AfonjaPriest: 8:58pm On May 21, 2023
Good! They can reject our food; we will eat them as usual.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by KingRoiz: 9:13pm On May 21, 2023
"Banned seedlings" haba na.... Why would they allow such things be sold to farmers?

CodeTemplar:
The core of your soul is hardwired to spin everything against political adversaries.

Banned seedling, deadly insecticides, deadly pesticides and poisonous organic manure are not the fault of those who export food but those farming them and the cow focused govt who leave citizens to compete with cows as well as the office loving NAFDAC.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by CodeTemplar: 9:17pm On May 21, 2023
KingRoiz:
"Banned seedlings" haba na.... Why would they allow such things be sold to farmers?

who are they?
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by KingRoiz: 9:19pm On May 21, 2023
Sadly, microwaving isn't so healthy for Ur food. Our wahala plenty, the whole country needs a total cleansing, when I go to the markets and see how foods are handled I almost want to make every food I eat. I can never buy certain foods even in their pre-made forms in certain places,never. From Garri to palm oil,to cooked foods, to suya to kilishi, to everything

yom2:
occasionally if I don't have a choice and must eat out I always insist they make it burning hot in microwave. That helps halfway
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by baralatie(m): 9:30pm On May 21, 2023
gaddafe:

You see my brother, I was into exportation of food products to European countries before I left the business. Currently most European countries export food products from Asian countries and this trend will not stop soon. What I think we should be looking at is to dominate the African countries. Anyway that is a topic for another day...

When food products are rejected, it is usually because the foods are damaged before it gets to the final destination. Even if they show you the condition the goods are when they arrive at the destination, you will never consume it. It is truly usually bad. That particular problem was what Peter Obi used in campaigning...

After our goods gets into the container, it takes too long to leave the port. As a result of different bodies that will need to clear, sort and all that rubbish. Your goods end up damaged when it arrives and you loose out
Problem created solely by government agencies
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by mariovito(m): 9:49pm On May 21, 2023
juman:

Reason.
@bolded.
Our people dont meet the regulatory requirements of the importing countries and destinations.
Many atimes packaging are wrong.

That reason stated is ambiguous.

One time, it was reported that food exports from Nigeria were rejected because of presence of dangerous pesticides and chemicals.

I was expecting a detail like that
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by JuanDeDios: 9:59pm On May 21, 2023
mariovito:
I wish they stated the reason(s) for the rejection.
Oh, they're always stated. E.G., Nigerian traders preserve beans with chemicals and Nigerians eat it like that. They then take it abroad and it's rejected for having unsafe levels of chemicals.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by armyofone(m): 10:01pm On May 21, 2023
mariahAngel:
Don't be deceived; their genetically modified foods are far far worse.

Exactly.

The organic foods we eat is luxury to them.
We eat foods in their season, unlike them.

Cough cough - eh

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by ahamonyeka(m): 10:26pm On May 21, 2023
Nigeria get food before?
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by juman(m): 11:04pm On May 21, 2023
mariovito:

One time, it was reported that food exports from Nigeria were rejected because of presence of dangerous pesticides and chemicals.

That is another reason.
Some years back beans from nigeria were rejected in western countries because of that reason.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Nolevel666: 11:36pm On May 21, 2023
HacheNoire:
What an irony.

Even when Nigeria has more quality food than them.

Which yeye quality food?
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by HacheNoire: 11:56pm On May 21, 2023
Nolevel666:

Which yeye quality food?

Everything!
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by 360command: 12:01am On May 22, 2023
caandi:
so in essence you’re saying if we don’t import their processed foods that they will sanction us?
Im not sure about this info you’re giving me
If it’s rules like accepting gay gay marriage I can understand
But food??
You really don't know who they are. Many of us are happy when we see them and smile to them but whenever they see you, they feel disgusted by your existence. You must learn to think outside the box. When they ban your food or try to stall the process of your food coming in, they leave you with poverty, unemployment, low foreign exchange etc and when your government is asking for aid, then they begin to control and manipulate you in whatever resources they can.

They will rather buy farm produce in South America, or Asia than to buy from Africa. I have seen a factory in the western nation buy cocoa from Malaysia when we have abundance of cocoa in cote d'ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria. Tell me, do you know malaysia to produce cocoa? I have seen a Dutch company buy our cocoa and then rebranding it to theirs, selling it to another western country.

They will reject your own and tell you to accept theirs so that you can be dying in your youth and when you fall sick, you will begin to buy medication from them.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by HacheNoire: 12:14am On May 22, 2023
mariovito:

Like the GMO within their country is not dangerous.

Have you ever thought why cancer is ravaging the West, it’s starts from their diet.

You cannot get anything natural again, from fruits, vegetable, meat, down to dairy. They all modified. Even the one with non-GMO tag, me and you know it’s a scam!

So that excuse of pesticides is just an excuse to deny exportation access.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Originalsly: 12:47am On May 22, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Sometimes it is not just about quality, it is also about Politics. No serious country likes having food imported into its country.

I was shocked when my luggage was checked by Customs at JFK (New York) .... had cooked food ... and was asked what meat is in this stew?... what? ... he repeated .... I told him beef and he immediately responded beef is not allowed ..... cooked or uncooked ... not even canned beef .... and I think he also said pork. ... $300 fine for the first offence ... $1500 for the second. He let me off the hook.... confiscated the dish ... handed me a leaflet on the subject ... processed my passport... and let me go. This just to show the extent they will go to protect their local industry while we encourage others to bring their products into our country and even give them concessions... and hail it as foreign investments while the masses shout with pride. .. good development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Pablo9090: 12:50am On May 22, 2023
HacheNoire:

Like the GMO within their country is not dangerous.

Have you ever thought why cancer is ravaging the West, it’s starts from their diet.

You cannot get anything natural again, from fruits, vegetable, meat, down to dairy. They all modified. Even the one with non-GMO tag, me and you know it’s a scam!

So that excuse of pesticides is just an excuse to deny exportation access.

Hi bro , can i chat you on WhatsApp - Zero 8 one 2 six 8 seven 8 three two 2 . It is concerning that rare coins.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Af0nja: 1:52am On May 22, 2023
HacheNoire:
What an irony.

Even when Nigeria has more quality food than them.

That's what the st.upid nairaland commenters and tribalists don't understand
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Af0nja: 1:54am On May 22, 2023
Nolevel666:

Which yeye quality food?

You know nothing but you go still grow
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Af0nja: 1:57am On May 22, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Read niggar

Always read
Real niggars read
The reason for the rejection is stated in the body of the topic

Even the goat way them dey use na goat way never strong...kid goat abi na baby goat lol

Hausa goat, west African dwarf goat is best
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Af0nja: 1:58am On May 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Importers and exporters quickly come to mind. Those people who usually boast of containers on high sea.

Even in Nigeria, I have stopped buying anything in traffic hold up especially in Lagos because everything is fake including food items. The only item I buy in traffic these days is bottled water and I have to carefully check if it is properly sealed.

Imagine plantain chips fried with a mixture of condemned palm oil and black engine oil. Is that not murder?

Jobless disabled boi always quick to comment without sense.

The dirtiest tribe with the worst type of food is your people. Be worried
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by HacheNoire: 2:09am On May 22, 2023
Af0nja:

That's what the st.upid nairaland commenters and tribalists don't understand

It’s not debatable. Debating it is baseless!

Everything in the West is GMO!

People who have spent time in both worlds won’t argue.

I mean everything! They all induced. From plants to Animals.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by obama99: 4:04am On May 22, 2023
When we have incompetent people in power, what do you expect . Any country especially the small ones that reject your food. Put them on the ban list of countries whose food cannot come into your country. They will change . It's simple. Ho can Spain, Portugal or some small eastern countries be banning our food?
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by OChimex: 5:09am On May 22, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
Sometimes it is not just about quality, it is also about Politics. No serious country likes having food imported into its country.

Una go just dey Nigeria open mouth waaaaa dey yarn. Drink coke or juice in Nigeria come drink same in America you go understand.
Buy Nike shoes in Nigeria , come buy one in America you go understand.
Most Nigerians are bunch of morally bankrupt conscienceless criminals who don’t care about safety and quality, except money when it comes to goods and services.

Nigeria’s life expectancy now na like 45. Just observe the posters of death for your area, you go know say many Nigerians no dey live pass Sixties. Burial every weekend. Burial ground dey one pole away from my house but I hardly see people conducting funeral here in America.
Attack, village people, poison, bla bla bla na all these chemicals people dey consume in Nigeria dey cause those deaths. Oo

Nobody wants dirty foods and low quality things in their country,
China, India, Mexico etc items full America.
I dey go one Nigerian market for US here, other African country products full there pass Nigerian products oo

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by sonnie10: 5:46am On May 22, 2023
OChimex:

Una go just dey Nigeria open mouth waaaaa dey yarn. Drink coke or juice in Nigeria come drink same in America you go understand.
Most Nigerians are bunch of morally bankrupt conscienceless criminals who don’t care about safety and quality, except money when it comes to goods and services.

Nigeria’s life expectancy now na like 45. Just observe the posters of death for your area, you go know say many Nigerians no dey live pass Sixties. Burial every weekend. Burial ground dey one pole away from my house but I hardly see people conducting funeral here in America.
Attack, village people, poison, bla bla bla na all these chemicals people dey consume in Nigeria dey cause those deaths. Oo

I dey go one Nigerian market for US here, other African country products full there pass Nigerian products oo
You dey mind them? I read the comments from page 1 and came to conclusion that most people are either ignorant or delusional.
People don’t know what they consuming in Nigeria in the name of organic. Almost all poultry farms use a lot of antibiotics in their farms. Even fish farms are the same.
They talk about cancer, forgetting that lack of appropriate diagnosis and treatment is why people hardly even know they have cancer in Nigeria . Those that know, often keep it secret due to the general culture of shame surrounding such in Nigeria.
In the US, produce like fresh avocado is steadily coming from Mexico . Plantain from the Caribbeans fresh and green. Coconuts, cassava from Brazil.
Internally, grass fed cows is everywhere in some southern states. Corn is like nothing.
It makes me wonder what food commodities exactly someone would want import from Nigeria. Add all these to the substandard processing and packaging,
Nigeria exporters are not ready for the competition in that sector.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by Nolevel666: 5:51am On May 22, 2023
Af0nja:

You know nothing but you go still grow
Says he with an empty skull
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by AdaojoTheUrchin: 7:55am On May 22, 2023
OChimex:

You can pass your message appropriately without generating a lot of noise. Manners..

Go pick up books and journals on trade wars, global economics and geopolitical trade.

Trade is a war instrument, nobody wants to be at losing end. Open your brain and read.
Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by baralatie(m): 7:58am On May 22, 2023
JuanDeDios:

Oh, they're always stated. E.G., Nigerian traders preserve beans with chemicals and Nigerians eat it like that. They then take it abroad and it's rejected for having unsafe levels of chemicals.
Where was it stated in the op report?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Is A Sachet Of Water In Your Area? / See How I Made This Simple Sauce Using Minced Meat (pics And Vid) / The Two Apple I Bought Today. The Price Shock Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.