Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote (36590 Views)

President-Elect Bola Tinubu Moves Into Defense House, Abuja / Sirika To Tinubu: President-elect Bola Tinubu, Write Your Acceptance Speech Now / South-East Governors Thank President Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 22, 2023
Successlane:

Just Imagine this reasoning!!!.

Are these really humans?

Your previous and future lineages are those you are referring to okay.

Imagine this fuuul having the guts to Quote me. What in your pathetic life do you know. Nonsense.
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 22, 2023
APCNig:

Go back to your village before we deport you

Lol even your balabulu from Iragbiji can't dare to look us the True Bonafide Awori Lagosians in the eyes and say this Joke to Us.

If i tell you my Surname, You will prostrate for me wherever you are. Even your Balabulu knows his Place in the Grand Scheme Of Things.

https://www.nairaland.com/6469928/lagos-good-place-build-refinery
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by enobongalfred: 11:28pm On May 22, 2023
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by Owopumpy: 11:34pm On May 22, 2023
Politics... No probs
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by richie240: 12:03am On May 23, 2023
fuckJones:
Dangote is a good tenant, he is not ungrateful like the other people that want to take over Lagos by force. after Tiv people the next people to stay with are the Hausa people.
I'm sure if na some ppl now, d next tin dem go talk be "we built the first private refinery in Lagos, so automatically we own lagos".

Look at dangote humbly giving honor to whom it's due.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by Nobody: 12:20am On May 23, 2023
I'm not even looking at the crude waste which I want to believe they'll have schematics in its blueprints to accommodate waste disposal

What about the heat it generates?

If we work the maths, a cooling pot of water boils water to 100 C Celsius and becomes hot. Let's use that as a multiplier effect.

650,000 barrels daily

Fertilizer production

It's going to generate a heat wave SW has never witnessed before. Mark this comment down I said so. Even the wide Atlantic ocean won't be able to absorb the heat completely. Because before now traffic heat, and industrial capacity has been generating large amount of heat waves.

We can't be too astute in these discussions. The back lash will come. They hate Lagos, they aren't from Lagos Bla Bla bla

My own concern is I've moved myself and my family. Far as possible. I may return, b it only after I've studied the environmental impact for the first 3 to 5 years of it's operations.
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by thegrinch(m): 12:47am On May 23, 2023
patriotic007:
The whites made Lagos because it was aiding their business in the precolonial era......In the colonial era British also adopted Lagos as it's base to make it's business smoother.......Post independence saw Nigeria also adopting Lagos as it's capital for decades....... Suddenly after almost 100+ years of Lagos enjoying unlimited patronage a Man crawls from no where and says he made Lagos and people are forcing us to handover our future to him just because of that?......some even comparing Lagos to Anambra and other upcoming states...... Tomorrow people will still use Abuja to campaign for position and tell us that they made Abuja what it is.......Just tell Tinubu to return his stolen mandate that's all...... Nothing good comes out of a stolen item.

Chai!!! See the volume of tears pouring from this one's wailing. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by XAUBulls: 1:05am On May 23, 2023
jackcanfield:
grin Me I will thank Alhaji and everyone that made it possible, to think I was plotting to sell him the land sef, when he was focusing on Ondo to build the refinery, the Chinese couldn't guarantee anything in terms of infrastructure except 99 Year Federal Cof O you get at the spot while paying and to bust your bubble the land was sold in USD . .. it was a time when Ibeju has not light for months , but then everyone he thanked really make sense if you actually followed the Journey, Okay President in one week made the master plan which I hope he does same for Nigeria, but Oga Fashola was the real deal, he put in place some of the infrastructure there with Madam Olushola Oworu making all the necessary calls to make it an investors delight, anyway Incase President in one week needs a Minister he should consider her, and of course Ibeju was a sleepy town with beach resort but no light , and I think Oga Ambode corrected that, but if you go to the Epe Axis now you would realize that Oga Sanwo Olu has proven to all that not only is he a Lagosian but he is typical Omo Epe with the level of investment in terms of infrastructure.
Is Babajide Sanwo-Olu an indigene of Epe? I know he is an Ijebu man from either the Ijebu-speaking areas of Lagos or Ogun States.
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by XAUBulls: 1:11am On May 23, 2023
ryloy:

https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1660610254449590273?t=MsIuyu3c0T7Fwxn1bPiWNA&s=19
Bow down to the nigga that's greater than you... Bow down! grin History was made. Eko o ni baje.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by ozo13(m): 1:18am On May 23, 2023
richmond500:
Obidients, it's time o.

The time is "wail O' clock"
hahaha
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by Guestlander: 2:06am On May 23, 2023
Originalsly:

Ask yourself why FTZ are not in developed countries? .... wherever there are FTZ there is exploitation of labour.... always in poor countries ... it is exploitation.. the laws of the country do not apply. People who work in FTZ should break their oath and testify.

Most FTZs are located in developing countries; Brazil, Colombia, India, Indonesia, El Salvador, China, the Philippines, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Pakistan, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, and Madagascar all have EPZ programs.

What is special about Nigeria having FTZs?
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by motih35295(m): 3:44am On May 23, 2023
Check my profile fridge for sell
Location PH
Condition good
Hisense double door fridge
Contact me asap
Receipt available

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by okuta007: 4:06am On May 23, 2023
LordIsaac:
Good! Obidients oooo

so Dangote is thanking Tinubu for helping him consolidate his monopoly- so that he can confiscate more of the commonwealth of the Nigerian people in his greedy pocket is an achievement for Tinubu bah?

If Dangote were an American living in America - he can not try what he is doing in Nigeria today - being a monopoly because there are anti-trust laws to ensure no one man or company can own everything - that is called CRONY CAPITALISM —- what Dangote is doing is criminal and only in Nigeria can things like this happen with no consequences

Dangote is busy buying up the country - and you are here hailing him - is this not a form of FEUDALISM? where a super Oligarch like Dangote has monopoly over Cement / Flour / Sugar / Indomie/ Salt / and now Refinery ?

Very soon Dangote will own your wife or girlfriend kpekus and you will have to take permission from him to lash

Agbaya 😏
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by adekolaelect(m): 6:18am On May 23, 2023
Renman:

Hahahaha...Proud of gini You keep talking without facts! Lagos is a conglomerate of citizens from other countries, igbos, hausas, Yorubas etc wetin Igbo man dey find for Osun, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, and Ondo...When there's sea port and other government presence in lagos

Which terrorist dominates South East The so called terrorist that is not yet proven and full of assumptions. The herdsmen and skull miners killing and using human parts for rituals in those 5 western states, are what
Oga stop foaming from Mouth . Tell your Terrorists brothers to stop sit at home from your region before coming here to say nonsense. Try to tell your Ezes in Akure , Lagos , Oyo, Osun and Ekiti to Inform your brothers in those sw states to visited your region and establish a big market on Monday before coming here to display your stupidities. Stupidity should not be genetic , coming from a particular Tribe should not authenticate your permanent daftness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by maasoap(m): 6:57am On May 23, 2023
Tinubu, a man with a vision. Some eluuuup headless mobs are telling that we made mistake by not voting for a third class philosophy graduate instead. grin grin grin
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by maasoap(m): 7:08am On May 23, 2023
okuta007:

so Dangote is thanking Tinubu for helping him consolidate his monopoly- so that he can confiscate more of the commonwealth of the Nigerian people in his greedy pocket is an achievement for Tinubu bah?

If Dangote were an American living in America - he can not try what he is doing in Nigeria today - being a monopoly because there are anti-trust laws to ensure no one man or company can own everything - that is called CRONY CAPITALISM —- what Dangote is doing is criminal and only in Nigeria can things like this happen with no consequences

Dangote is busy buying up the country - and you are here hailing him - is this not a form of FEUDALISM? where a super Oligarch like Dangote has monopoly over Cement / Flour / Sugar / Indomie/ Salt / and now Refinery ?

Very soon Dangote will own your wife or girlfriend kpekus and you will have to take permission from him to lash

Agbaya 😏

You are spewing nonsense from the pulpit of ignorance. Do you know how many private citizens (individuals) who had gotten licences to build private refineries in Nigeria before Dangote applied for licence? I'm sure that you were not aware of this information! None of these rich businessmen ever made attempt to start construction after getting the licences.
But now, all what you see is monopoly. I'm sure that you would prefer that we don't have a single functioning refinery privately owned if it was going to belong to Dangote.
With the way you are shouting monopoly here, I'm sure you are not a business oriented individual. Dangote didn't stop anyone from investing in production, it is your own citizens who prefer importations as a good business model.

2 Likes

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by bellabello(m): 7:09am On May 23, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
Lies.
Lekki free trade zone was created by the British when Lagos was the capital.
Tibubu did nothing in Lagos than collect taxes.
*in Headless mobs voice*

sorry is your name
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by jaymichael(m): 7:09am On May 23, 2023
patriotic007:
The whites made Lagos because it was aiding their business in the precolonial era......In the colonial era British also adopted Lagos as it's base to make it's business smoother.......Post independence saw Nigeria also adopting Lagos as it's capital for decades....... Suddenly after almost 100+ years of Lagos enjoying unlimited patronage a Man crawls from no where and says he made Lagos and people are forcing us to handover our future to him just because of that?......some even comparing Lagos to Anambra and other upcoming states...... Tomorrow people will still use Abuja to campaign for position and tell us that they made Abuja what it is.......Just tell Tinubu to return his stolen mandate that's all...... Nothing good comes out of a stolen item.
Colony of Lagos did not extend beyond Lagos Island, Ikoyi , victoria Island and Apapa. All other parts of Lagos state as it is was Western Region. It took the wisdom and foresight of Awolowo's government to create Industrial estsates all over strategic parts of Western Region in Ibadan, Mushin, Ikeja Ilupeju etc to accelerate economic development of the region with money Cocoa board and Agric board generated.
Agricultural settlements were created in the hinterlands and the produce boards buys the cocoa and cash crops, sell in the international market and created those industrial estates still present today.agis State was created by the Military from the Old Lagis Colony and larger areas from the Western Region.
Making Lagos the capital brought about population explosion in such a small landmass and the effects was huge infrastructural decay and a city not conducive for habitation. General Muritala recognized this fact and stated the move away from Lagos as capital in the 70s.
In 1999, we knew how bad Lagos was. We know how it is now with increased population.
Some people with wisdom and foresight did the hard work to make that happen.
Lagos wasn't the only city "created" by the whites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by Renman: 7:20am On May 23, 2023
adekolaelect:
Oga stop foaming from Mouth . Tell your Terrorists brothers to stop sit at home from your region before coming here to say nonsense. Try to tell your Ezes in Akure , Lagos , Oyo, Osun and Ekiti to Inform your brothers in those sw states to visited your region and establish a big market on Monday before coming here to display your stupidities. Stupidity should not be genetic , coming from a particular Tribe should not authenticate your permanent daftness.
Hahahahaha,... So terrorist no dey for Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Ogun and Oyo or even Lagos. Which states in Nigeria are there no terrorist Despite the sit at home etc Yet stop getting pained that Anambra is more developed than Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti state!!!

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by Lekeash: 7:25am On May 23, 2023
Guidedee:
GOD BLESS YOU TOO.
Oil dey your head
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by jaymichael(m): 7:29am On May 23, 2023
priceactionx:
Smart business man.
He knows what he will still benefits from the government ahead. My own be say tinubu should decentralise downstream and allow many state actors to build modular refineries fast in each regions. This way, there will be competitive prices and local businesses can pick up fast.
Modular refineries can't be financially viable if subsidy isn't removed.

1 Like

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by EasternPrince: 7:43am On May 23, 2023
johnjose68:

Imagine comparing obi.d.iot with Jagaban...no be juju be dat...

You cannot even compare obi.d.iot with ambode let alone fashola or sanwo eko...

Haba...

Tinubu had better perform better than God because I'll be waiting for you
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by Sheggy13(m): 7:53am On May 23, 2023
9jatriot:
Yahaya Bello you mean. Because even compared to Wike in terms of infrastructure, Obi does not come close.
These are the issues people were supposed to be questioning about Obi. That's why I didn't fall for the hype around him during the elections. Show us what you did in the past. Putting Obi and Tinubu side by side on the basis of achievements is a huge insult to Tinubu honestly. Instead of his Igbo brothers to admit they're hyping him because they want their person to be President which is nothing bad, they were insulting our sensibilities by saying it's because of competence. Competence on which achievements? There are many other South East current and past governors that are far better than Obi on the basis of competence and achievements. Infact he can't even come close to what Umahi did in a state like Ebonyi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by 9jatriot(m): 8:24am On May 23, 2023
Obi and Umahi in same sentence when talking about achievements and competence sounds like an insult to Umahi, sir.
Sheggy13:

These are the issues people were supposed to be questioning about Obi. That's why I didn't fall for the hype around him during the elections. Show us what you did in the past. Putting Obi and Tinubu side by side on the basis of achievements is a huge insult to Tinubu honestly. Instead of his Igbo brothers to admit they're hyping him because they want their person to be President which is nothing bad, they were insulting our sensibilities by saying it's because of competence. Competence on which achievements? There are many other South East current and past governors that are far better than Obi on the basis of competence and achievements. Infact he can't even come close to what Umahi did in a state like Ebonyi.
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by adekolaelect(m): 8:39am On May 23, 2023
Renman:
Hahahahaha,... So terrorist no dey for Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Ogun and Oyo or even Lagos. Which states in Nigeria are there no terrorist Despite the sit at home etc Yet stop getting pained that Anambra is more developed than Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti state!!!
what is sit at home?? Why is sit at home ? Who are the one encouraging and enforce sit at home? Can you tell me where that type of civil disobedience in the east exist in the south west.

1 Like

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by Renman: 9:00am On May 23, 2023
adekolaelect:
what is sit at home?? Why is sit at home ? Who are the one encouraging and enforce sit at home? Can you tell me where that type of civil disobedience in the east exist in the south west.
So are there terrorist in the south west Yes or No
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by adekolaelect(m): 9:19am On May 23, 2023
Renman:
So are there terrorist in the south west Yes or No
NO !!!!! and I you know one mention the groups name and their activities with reasonable efidences of their activities. Like the one in the East.

1 Like

Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by babygirljoy: 11:18am On May 23, 2023
Omo the world is changing fast. check this video out and see how BRICS is changing Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YYoh-GY5Lc
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On May 23, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

You can say that again

I wonder how Mimiko would be feeling reading about the refinery inauguration.

It would have opened us Ondo state to another world of endless possibilities.

Very true

So annoying.
Re: I Thank President-elect Bola Tinubu For Creating Lekki Free Trade Zone- Dangote by okuta007: 1:07am On May 24, 2023
maasoap:

You are spewing nonsense from the pulpit of ignorance. Do you know how many private citizens (individuals) who had gotten licences to build private refineries in Nigeria before Dangote applied for licence? I'm sure that you were not aware of this information! None of these rich businessmen ever made attempt to start construction after getting the licences.
But now, all what you see is monopoly. I'm sure that you would prefer that we don't have a single functioning refinery privately owned if it was going to belong to Dangote.
With the way you are shouting monopoly here, I'm sure you are not a business oriented individual. Dangote didn't stop anyone from investing in production, it is your own citizens who prefer importations as a good business model.

Oga a successful thief never stopped another thief from robbing on the highway does not legitimize the first thief of carrying out his criminal enterprise / Dangote is running a monopoly and aided the Nigerian government corrupt officials and if you see nothing wrong in that then u can’t see beyond your nose - the same mindset of allowing Tinubu and INEC rig an election and telling everyone else to shut up just because the result of manipulated results was read to you by yakubu

The end surely justifies the means and the process right ? please read what anti-trust laws mean in the US - the country u so much love to compare with Nigeria when the narrative favors your weird positions - but when it doesn’t favor you …. you state that it is the norm in Nigeria and I should deal with it, double standards——agbaya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Ministers And Portfolios (Unofficial From Tribune Nigeria) / Governor Umahi's Massive Convoy At UNN (Video) / El-Rufai Curses Senators Shehu Sani, Hunkuyi, La’ah For Opposing $350M Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.