Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,009 members, 7,828,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 (30403 Views)

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima / Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Supreme Court Stands Down To Deliver Judgement On Ihedioha’s Review Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Jostoman: 7:52pm On May 22, 2023
Agbadocassava:

Time to be a lawyer, Atiku has money to hire even 500 SANs only OBI I pity.
Attention seeker.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by onatisi(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2023
Xscape1993:
Anything can happen....
nothing go happen . Just wait and see. Las Las we go curse Buhari and APC on social media and life goes on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Jostoman: 7:54pm On May 22, 2023
Noerection:
Peter Pandora obituary is a thief
talk about Atiku mr Attention seeker
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by sangresan(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2023
Henix:
So how come the same APC people were rejoicing over a similar court case that APC member filed in Kano state against Abia state governor elect of LP? Nawaoooo

Why do we have a lot of mumus on Nairaland these days?

The LP case was filed by aggrieved Labour Party members. You people should be using una heads for reading and comprehension.

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Antimandatethie(m): 7:59pm On May 22, 2023
Penguin2:
Tor!

Nairaland why the misinformation?

Sorry bro its my fault not NL i misinterpreted the headline... Wish i can modify it know.

Meanwhile our PO's case is the main deal hia!! grin
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Toks2008(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2023
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by OsasMorrison: 8:01pm On May 22, 2023
Penguin2:
Tor!

Nairaland why the misinformation?💁

It is the Supreme Court that will rule on the case on 26th May, and not Tribunal.

Why not tell your audience the truth for goodness sake?

What is aTribunal ?

1 Like

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Ayopercent(m): 8:03pm On May 22, 2023
Penguin2:
Tor!

Nairaland why the misinformation?💁

It is the Supreme Court that will rule on the case on 26th May, and not Tribunal.

Why not tell your audience the truth for goodness sake?
The admin should kindly edit it.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by sangresan(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2023
eeetuk:
"The judgment will be delivered three days before the inauguration of the president-elect and the vice-president-elect."

The fix is in! I told you guys that the so-called Supreme court judges have already determined to award the presidency of Nigeria to Tinubu. One evidence is issuing judgement three days before the inauguration of Bola Tinubu and Alhaji shetima. They did this to prevent anybody from stopping a moving train. You cannot change the mind set of criminals. You have a convicted drug dealer, named Bola Tinubu representing Nigeria. So, shameful! I never in my lifetime thought Nigeria will turn into this kind of route.
Yab, the fix is in!

There are big buckets here in case you need them to store your tears.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Ayopercent(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2023
OsasMorrison:

What is aTribunal ?
It's a pre-election matter...
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by rolams(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2023
Abemy:

Abundaga described the PDP as a “busybody”, who dabbled into issues that were internal affairs of the APC.

Is the law prohibiting double nominations an APC or Nigeria's constitution?

Our judges! Tueh.

Atiku is a contestant. He has the right to sue.

Again, this is a Nigerian constitution not an APC constitution.

Finally, this is not an internal party crises, it is co contestants thing.

My view oooo.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by rolams(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2023
Omobada:

But nothing different from Lawan and Akpabio's judgements seems not to be expected in this case.

Co contestant is suing here not the party alone.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 8:21pm On May 22, 2023
Abemy:

Abundaga described the PDP as a “busybody”, who dabbled into issues that were internal affairs of the APC.

Is the law prohibiting double nominations an APC or Nigeria's constitution?

Our judges! Tueh.
Oga try to read and know that court cases are not done by emotions or baseless argument that is outside the laws and constitution. The new electoral law who h you cheered up prohibits anyone that's not an aspirant from challenging the nomination of a party's candidate.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 8:23pm On May 22, 2023
SonofGod231:
Which one be Busybody?! which law did the Pdp use to nullify the canditure of Apc's David Lyon and deputy in Bayelsa?!
Loci theorem?!
Always try to be updated. The new electoral law prohibits it, and it's signed into law way after the Bayelsa incident.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Armaggedon: 8:26pm On May 22, 2023
eeetuk:
"The judgment will be delivered three days before the inauguration of the president-elect and the vice-president-elect."

The fix is in! I told you guys that the so-called Supreme court judges have already determined to award the presidency of Nigeria to Tinubu. One evidence is issuing judgement three days before the inauguration of Bola Tinubu and Alhaji shetima. They did this to prevent anybody from stopping a moving train. You cannot change the mind set of criminals. You have a convicted drug dealer, named Bola Tinubu representing Nigeria. So, shameful! I never in my lifetime thought Nigeria will turn into this kind of route.
Yab, the fix is in!
or, that the judgement will determine who would be sworn in like in Bayelsa.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 8:26pm On May 22, 2023
eeetuk:

Yab, the fix is in!
So, you have already known the outcome of the judgment?? You must be an insider grin grin grin
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 8:30pm On May 22, 2023
rolams:

Atiku is a contestant. He has the right to sue.

Again, this is a Nigerian constitution not an APC constitution.

Finally, this is not an internal party crises, it is co contestants thing.

My view oooo.
It's an internal party matter because the party has the sole right of nominating candidates; whether single or double, it's their doing. So, anyone that didn't participate in the primary of the said election lacks the locus standi to sue the candidate.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Afamed: 8:32pm On May 22, 2023
dustmalik:
fergie001, garfield, Does PDP and Atiku have the locus standi to ask for this prayer, as in to ask the court to disqualify a candidate that is not of the PDP, because of double nominations? What does the new electoral act 2022 say about this?

It is purely a party/ Apc affair.

PDP and LP are just busy body

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 8:33pm On May 22, 2023
rolams:

Co contestant is suing here not the party alone.
Qualification matter matter here is not coming from the main election, but the primary which is an internal party affair. Those that have the right to sue Shettima are Amaechi, Osinbajo and other contestants of the primary.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by ElectGINeer(m): 8:40pm On May 22, 2023
These obidients are funny people.
Do PDP have the locus standi to litigate the issue of double nomination in APC? The obidients would keep hanging their hope on a failed project, instead of think first, you'll see their failed troll lawyers on twitter giving them fake analysis, they'd now lose, they'd claimed that the justice are bribed.
I'm not surprised a bit though, what do you expect from people that buy Biafra dollars with Naira.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by emerged01(m): 8:41pm On May 22, 2023
Antimandatethie:
its time to let the world know

Am Against APC not Tinubu i really like the man buth i hate his party the man is full humour. cheesy

I know they will start with atiku's petition, PO's own ain't ending anytime soon. cheesy grin
You guys should calm down and read. The suit was filed July 28,2022. Court appeal dismissed but taken to supreme court for final Judgement.
It is a pity your kind liked the post.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by famology(m): 8:47pm On May 22, 2023
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by rolams(m): 8:47pm On May 22, 2023
Peacecore:
It's an internal party matter because the party has the sole right of nominating candidates; whether single or double, it's their doing. So, anyone that didn't participate in the primary of the said election lacks the locus standi to sue the candidate.

Internal party matter Over Nigerian constitution?

Is Atiku not a contestant?

Is Nigerian constitution worthless in this regard?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Amah70: 8:47pm On May 22, 2023
"....The party argued that Shettima’s nomination to contest the position of vice-president and Borno central senatorial seat — at the same time — contravened the law."---

Well, I am sitting akimbo, waiting to hear how acceptance of two nominations shall not amount to contravention of the Electoral Act of 2022, and the Constitution of Nigeria. After all, the same. APC judges ratified the Senator Lawan and the other man as normal with their double nominations.
This is APC's Nigeria 🇳🇬.

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Basic123: 8:54pm On May 22, 2023
Dshocker:

So to you Peter Obi is a poor man?

Before he became governor, he used to be one of the biggest importer in Nigeria.

Major shareholder in 2 banks.
Where did he get the money to start importing?

Where has he ever worked before in his life?

1 Like

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Abemy(m): 8:54pm On May 22, 2023
OgaSeun:

INEC should have disqualified him from the on-set...
Since they didn't... Nobody else can.

Is Inec it self a constitution?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Amah70: 8:56pm On May 22, 2023
dustmalik:
fergie001, garfield, Does PDP and Atiku have the locus standi to ask for this prayer, as in to ask the court to disqualify a candidate that is not of the PDP, because of double nominations? What does the new electoral act 2022 say about this?

For patriotic purposes, any Nigerian is obliged to kick against double nominations for a single candidate; because such nominations ruin the political and electoral process of Nigeria. It does not have to be someone from the offending political party to kick against such double nominations. Who expects a member of a political party to go against the action of his/her political party?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by samfrancis1(m): 8:59pm On May 22, 2023
Agbadocassava:

Time to be a lawyer, Atiku has money to hire even 500 SANs only OBI I pity.
And you think Obi doesn’t have the money? Quit playing o.. that man is damn rich
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 9:02pm On May 22, 2023
rolams:

Internal party matter Over Nigerian constitution?

Is Atiku not a contestant?

Is Nigerian constitution worthless in this regard?
it's the same Nigeria constitution that stated it so. I'm not quoting Ghananian constitution chairman. Atiku didn't participate in APC primary or did he??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shekarau's Supporters Block Roads To Pray As He Is Arraigned In Court Today / Abia: Alex Otti Commissions Emelogu, Shallom And Cemetery Roads In Aba / Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.