Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 (30406 Views)

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima / Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Supreme Court Stands Down To Deliver Judgement On Ihedioha’s Review Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Amah70: 9:04pm On May 22, 2023
Peacecore:
It's an internal party matter because the party has the sole right of nominating candidates; whether single or double, it's their doing. So, anyone that didn't participate in the primary of the said election lacks the locus standi to sue the candidate.

Internal What?
In other words, a political party can field one candidate it believes can win it elections as President, Governor, Senator, HoR, and State Assembly member in one constituency?

Una APC people carry lie lie like fire in your mouths.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Dshocker(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2023
Basic123:

Where did he get the money to start importing?

Where has he ever worked before in his life?

Lol, did you ask where he got the money to start importing? 🤣🤣🤣

Peter Obi has been a fucking humble and silent billionaire before you were born.

As of late 80s he has started importing, besides he came from a rich home.

He used to be the number 1 importer of wine in Nigeria, before Bishop Emma Okonkwo took over.

Since he became a politician, nobody has ever sponsor his political career, he has no godfather and not answerable to anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by fergie001: 9:10pm On May 22, 2023
dustmalik:
garfield, Does PDP and Atiku have the locus standi to ask for this prayer, as in to ask the court to disqualify a candidate that is not of the PDP, because of double nominations? What does the new electoral act 2022 say about this?
I believe the sole issue here is jurisdictional. Reading 29(5) and 84(14), I don't think they do have the locus standi.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 9:10pm On May 22, 2023
Amah70:

Internal What?
In other words, a political party can field one candidate it believes can win it elections as President, Governor, Senator, HoR, and State Assembly member in one constituency?

Una APC people carry lie lie like fire in your mouths.
Your claim can easily be attended to if an aspirant brings it up. It is part of the amendment after the Bayelsa incident, and you cheered up the new electoral law. Well, wait till SC rules on the matter. I'm not a judge or a member of NASS.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by 9jaRealist: 9:11pm On May 22, 2023
Antimandatethie:

https://www.thecable.ng/double-nomination-scourt-fixes-may-26-for-judgment-in-pdps-suit-against-tinubu-shettima/amp

The DSS won’t like this… grin grin grin

Nigeria might end up with an’ ‘interim’ government by default.

>
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Emola12(m): 9:12pm On May 22, 2023
Agbadocassava:

Time to be a lawyer, Atiku has money to hire even 500 SANs only OBI I pity.
the one wey he hire hope he no collect money from your ancestors
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Manolo3107: 9:15pm On May 22, 2023
TAGf:
Yes... Our mandate shall be returned .
Who is (our) ,speak for your self plz
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Amah70: 9:16pm On May 22, 2023
GeneralPula:
However, Inyang Ekwo, the trial judge at the court of appeal, dismissed the suit on the grounds that the PDP lacked the locus standi to institute the suit. Not satisfied, the PDP appealed the judgment.

a three-member panel of the court of appealDelivering judgment in the appeal, led by James Abundaga held that the PDP failed to establish that it had locus standi to institute the case. Abundaga described the PDP as a “busybody”, who dabbled into issues that were internal affairs of the APC.

Yes, their cho cho cho too much..

How can I be said to not have locus standi to ask for a just election system for every political party in my country, in my asking a court to nullify double nominations by another political party?
Political party that is like cult will not tolerate a party member to challenge its double nominations by the party.

Inyang Ekwo's judgment is erratic.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Menclothing: 9:26pm On May 22, 2023
We sell men cloth all sizes
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by 123yes(m): 9:27pm On May 22, 2023
Noerection:
Peter Pandora obituary is a thief
like your father!!
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by TheGift: 9:27pm On May 22, 2023
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by NothingDoMe: 9:27pm On May 22, 2023
Antimandatethie:
its time to let the world know

Am Against APC not Tinubu i really like the man buth i hate his party the man is full humour. cheesy

I know they will start with atiku's petition, PO's own ain't ending anytime soon. cheesy grin
Not the same. Read again.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by prigoz(m): 9:30pm On May 22, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
I will have preferred they start with LP so that Mr. Verify and his e-rats can give us decorum.
How old are you, pls grow up except the you need feeding bottle
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Amah70: 9:33pm On May 22, 2023
Peacecore:
Your claim can easily be attended to if an aspirant brings it up. It is part of the amendment after the Bayelsa incident, and you cheered up the new electoral law. Well, wait till SC rules on the matter. I'm not a judge or a member of NASS.

What Act says a political party can field a candidate for many elective posts at the same time; and uses the advantage over other political parties, and wins elections; thereafter, members of other political parties cheated through the double nominations cannot ask the courts to nullify the double nominations of the cheating political party?
What is the constitution of Nigeria which takes precedence over Electoral Acts for?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 9:47pm On May 22, 2023
Amah70:

What Act says a political party can field a candidate for many elective posts at the same time; and uses the advantage over other political parties, and wins elections; thereafter, members of other political parties cheated through the double nominations cannot ask the courts to nullify the double nominations of the cheating political party?
What is the constitution of Nigeria which takes precedence over Electoral Acts for?
Oga I'm done with you at the moment. I don't want to sound angry since you're using emotion to analyze what the constitution said. Just get a for NASS and go for a change, thanks.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by rolams(m): 9:48pm On May 22, 2023
Peacecore:
it's the same Nigeria constitution that stated it so. I'm not quoting Ghananian constitution chairman. Atiku didn't participate in APC primary or did he??

Did the constitution stated that it is APC or PDP internal matter it is talking about in that section?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by IfnobeGod20: 9:50pm On May 22, 2023
cry[b][/b]
Peacecore:
It's an internal party matter because the party has the sole right of nominating candidates; whether single or double, it's their doing. So, anyone that didn't participate in the primary of the said election lacks the locus standi to sue the candidate.
Mr. Man, if you're a lawyer, you will be losing cases like Festus Keyamo. Shettima nominations, one was through primary and the second was through selection. Who now is opponent in the selection that will sue him for accepting to be nominated a Vice to Tinubu?
I think the judges should have dealt with the main suit than dancing macabre dance.
Two things are involved:
1. Did Shettima resigned properly from the first nomination?
2. Does accepting to be vice to Tinubu be counted as double nomination, if only if he resigned properly or not?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by OgaSeun: 9:52pm On May 22, 2023
Abemy:

Is Inec it self a constitution?

INEC can disqualify an underage from contesting....
They can disqualify anyone that is not eligible.
Since they didn't disqualify Shettima...
It simply means he is qualify.....
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Basic123: 10:03pm On May 22, 2023
Dshocker:

Lol, did you ask where he got the money to start importing? 🤣🤣🤣

Peter Obi has been a fucking humble and silent billionaire before you were born.

As of late 80s he has started importing, besides he came from a rich home.

He used to be the number 1 importer of wine in Nigeria, before Bishop Emma Okonkwo took over.

Since he became a politician, nobody has ever sponsor his political career, he has no godfather and not answerable to anyone.
Ojukwu was his godfather as governor which he betrayed.

Obasanjo, T.danjuma and other daddy G.Os are his godfather presently.

So,he has never worked anywhere. Fine.
Where did his father get his wealth? That he inherited?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by JOemmy(m): 10:04pm On May 22, 2023
The judgements on these petitions against tinibu will really later set a precedent in future it's not actually about obi or atiku but about the future of nigeria's democracy. If the supreme court judges rules that 25% is not required in the fct that's definitely going to be the new template going further.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by hohafrank(m): 10:05pm On May 22, 2023
Tflex01:
Actually na this case I fear pass. No be all those Obi's watery petitions that are only instituted just for him to remain relevant among his supporters.
Mumu,so 25% of FCT is not enough for disqualification?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by olamieseun(m): 10:08pm On May 22, 2023
Not only mandate,madiadator nkọ?,beta things dey hungry Obi and he state school of politics early like Jagaban..him thinks say na easy something,if na easy ask your husband Atiku.
TAGf:
Yes... Our mandate shall be returned .
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by okoolori(m): 10:09pm On May 22, 2023
Mikelarteta:
All this na delay tactics, they know what they are doing. But the will of the people must prevail.

If dem ask you now, you go say u Sabi talk... Abi? Which one is the will of the people? Do you think everyone follows the mob with blind eyes while you people go astray... Abeg shit...

The will of the people yeh yen yen... Obi supporters
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by okoolori(m): 10:12pm On May 22, 2023
sangresan:

Why do we have a lot of mumus on Nairaland these days?

The LP case was filed by aggrieved Labour Party members. You people should be using una heads for reading and comprehension.

I don talk this thing tire, my bro... Many mumus yapa for seun osewa forum, wallahi.

I don dey think of deleting my membership here wallahi ... Small small boys and girls with no medulla oblongata. Abeg leave dem jaare...
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Amah70: 10:15pm On May 22, 2023
Peacecore:
Oga I'm done with you at the moment. I don't want to sound angry since you're using emotion to analyze what the constitution said. Just get a for NASS and go for a change, thanks.

Constitution you went for this time. Earlier, you mentioned Electoral Act.
Constitution of Nigeria prohibits multiple nomination for a candidate. Even without any batting of the eyelid, it can be in a country of mad people that their Constitution would permit multiple nominations for a candidate in a general election.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 10:23pm On May 22, 2023
rolams:

Did the constitution stated that it is APC or PDP internal matter it is talking about in that section?
Any party at all. Tinubu has no right to sue Atiku's nomination by PDP for instance, with the claim of over voting in the primary election that produced him but Wike has the right to do that. Read through the new electoral law as amended and get enlightened. That's why appeal court termed PDP " busybody"

1 Like

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 10:27pm On May 22, 2023
IfnobeGod20:
cry[b][/b]Mr. Man, if you're a lawyer, you will be losing cases like Festus Keyamo. Shettima nominations, one was through primary and the second was through selection. Who now is opponent in the selection that will sue him for accepting to be nominated a Vice to Tinubu?
I think the judges should have dealt with the main suit than dancing macabre dance.
Two things are involved:
1. Did Shettima resigned properly from the first nomination?
2. Does accepting to be vice to Tinubu be counted as double nomination, if only if he resigned properly or not?
What are you even saying?? So, those that contested against him in the primary can't sue him for double nomination? Make una be calming down or you PDP lots want to start crying injustice before the judgment just to play victim card? Is it that difficult for you to understand?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 10:34pm On May 22, 2023
JOemmy:
The judgements on these petitions against tinibu will really later set a precedent in future it's not actually about obi or atiku but about the future of nigeria's democracy. If the supreme court judges rules that 25% is not required in the fct that's definitely going to be the new template going further.
For a candidate to be declared a winner of the presidential election, he/she must score at least 25% of the votes in at least 2/3 of the 36 states and fct.
Explanation: since we have only 36 states, it has to be mentioned as states, and fct not being a state should be mentioned separately so as to include it among the voting geographical areas. Therefore, in this context, it's being treated as the 37th state. People in fct are not special humans nah, haha!
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 10:38pm On May 22, 2023
Amah70:

Constitution you went for this time. Earlier, you mentioned Electoral Act.
Constitution of Nigeria prohibits multiple nomination for a candidate. Even without any batting of the eyelid, it can be in a country of mad people that their Constitution would permit multiple nominations for a candidate in a general election.
Chai! Who told you that the electoral acts are not part of the constitution?? Try read nah! It's called electoral act because it's part of the constitution that takes care of elections. It has stated it clearly. I don't even know 2hat you're looking for where Atiku is sha but rest.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by rolams(m): 10:46pm On May 22, 2023
Peacecore:
Any party at all. Tinubu has no right to sue Atiku's nomination by PDP for instance, with the claim of over voting in the primary election that produced him but Wike has the right to do that. Read through the new electoral law as amended and get enlightened. That's why appeal court termed PDP " busybody"

Why is it stated in the constitution?

We are talking about our constitution not a primary election matter oo!

What does the constitution say about double nomination?

The co contestants have the right to sue a candidate for double nomination not the party.

Can a candidate be sued for improper nomination by co contestants?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by olaoye2008: 10:48pm On May 22, 2023
SonofGod231:
Which one be Busybody?! which law did the Pdp use to nullify the canditure of Apc's David Lyon and deputy in Bayelsa?!
Loci theorem?!

The Deputy Governor of Bayelsa Forged certificate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldier Murtala Danjuma Abdulsalam's Birthday Celebrated By Communities (Photos) / Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) / Abike Dabiri With Zainab Aliyu As Ganduje Donates N3 Million To Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.