Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,939 members, 7,828,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 (30402 Views)

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima / Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Supreme Court Stands Down To Deliver Judgement On Ihedioha’s Review Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by rolams(m): 5:19pm On May 23, 2023
garfield1:

But I still feel jittery

I understand you clearly bro
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 12:50pm On May 26, 2023
rolams:

I am saying this just because of the response. Everybody will analyze to suit their interest.

To be candid, I want our judiciary to be unbiased. Whoever wins, I am cool with it.
Have you now understood what I was explaining to you??
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 12:53pm On May 26, 2023
Amah70:

Yes. He cannot become president.
Because the candidate cannot be welcome in Abuja capital territory he is supposed to administer if he had won 25% of votes in the Abuja capital territory.
PDP's useless suit has been dismissed today as I explained. Are you still banking on 25% stuff??
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 12:55pm On May 26, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

But this is technicality, the constitution of Nigeria supersede that of the Electoral act. Constitutionally he cant via for two positions at the same time. It is common knowledge
You go now rest bah angry angry. Always open your mind to learn from other people insoead of making baseless argument. It doesn't make sense.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 12:57pm On May 26, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Which section of the Electoral Act supports your claims?

Quote it here, let's see.

Are now satisfied with the SC's judgment? You people should be calming down.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 12:59pm On May 26, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Young Man, you're not even conversant with what happened in Bayelsa. It was errors in certificates. The deputy to Lyon used certificates bearing different names. That case is quite different from this. Any party can take up that. There's nothing like new or old electoral law here. Stop confusing people and stay your lane because you're just ditching out unfounded info.
Who is now correct between you and I?? Are you still feeling deluded? Always drop emotions so that you can learn, Mr. Barrister.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 1:01pm On May 26, 2023
Amah70:

Then what percentage of votes did the drafters of the constitution want the presidential candidate to win in Abuja? You can bite your tongue trying to confound an educated English man with your false interpretation of the meaning of a simple phrase in English language: must win 25% of votes in 2/3 of the number of states and Abuja.
After Atiku's useless suit was dismissed today, 25% stuff to follow it. It doesn't mean that I don't like Obi but that case has no stamina at all.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 1:04pm On May 26, 2023
Amah70:

Wow. Electoral Act is not part of the Constitution. You can bamboozle only the uninitiated.
How does INEC Chairman Mahmood Yakubu, defend his acts of throwing away the Electoral Act of 2022 by saying that he employed Constitutional stipulations to collate votes during the last presidential election, if the Constitution is same as Electoral Act?
Never argue what you don't know anything about again. The electoral law(section 29(5)) that you said that it's not part of the constitution has been used against your Oga's suit today. Always choose to learn instead of displaying ignorance in a public space like this angry
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 1:06pm On May 26, 2023
IfnobeGod20:
cry[b][/b]Mr. Man, if you're a lawyer, you will be losing cases like Festus Keyamo. Shettima nominations, one was through primary and the second was through selection. Who now is opponent in the selection that will sue him for accepting to be nominated a Vice to Tinubu?
I think the judges should have dealt with the main suit than dancing macabre dance.
Two things are involved:
1. Did Shettima resigned properly from the first nomination?
2. Does accepting to be vice to Tinubu be counted as double nomination, if only if he resigned properly or not?
Between you and I now, who will make a better lawyer?? grin grin emotional lawyer!
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by rolams(m): 3:41pm On May 26, 2023
Peacecore:
Have you now understood what I was explaining to you??

You are not getting me. I am only pointing out how useless the section is.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 3:46pm On May 26, 2023
rolams:

You are not getting me. I am only pointing out how useless the section is.
Oh! It's not useless though.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by rolams(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2023
Peacecore:
Oh! It's not useless though.

Why inserting it in a general constitution when it effect can't directly be felt by all?
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by Peacecore: 4:00pm On May 26, 2023
rolams:

Why inserting it in a general constitution when it effect can't directly be felt by all?
Bro, electoral act is still part of the constitution. Just like talking about land tenure decree of 1978. It's still part of the constitution. The constitution frowned on double nomination and it's consequences are disqualification and jail term. And then remember that this crime is committed at party level, and it's a ore_election matter. What I was trying to explain to u is that section 29(5) of the constitution has barred anyone that's not an aspirant of the said primary election to sue the candidate in question.
Re: Tribunal To Deliver Judgement On PDP Suit Against Tinubu, Shettima On May 26 by rolams(m): 4:13pm On May 26, 2023
Peacecore:
Bro, electoral act is still part of the constitution. Just like talking about land tenure decree of 1978. It's still part of the constitution. The constitution frowned on double nomination and it's consequences are disqualification and jail term. And then remember that this crime is committed at party level, and it's a ore_election matter. What I was trying to explain to u is that section 29(5) of the constitution has barred anyone that's not an aspirant of the said primary election to sue the candidate in question.

I get uuuuuu! But this particular one is not supposed to be in our constitution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness / Israel-Hamas War: Obidients Attack David Hundeyin For Defending Palestinians / Shekarau's Supporters Block Roads To Pray As He Is Arraigned In Court Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.