Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo (36788 Views)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / She Married My Best Man Without Divorcing Me - Nigerian Husband Cries Out / Hilarious Story Of Nigerian Man Divorcing Wife In US Because She's A Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by armadeo(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2023
Newnas:

The woman had better be sharing the financial responsibilities in the home 50-50. Else, she'll pick her career and I'll pick a second wife.

I can't be suffering for an irresponsible wife.

Still not getting it I guess. You have all the power to decide but don't make a decision that you don't like from the beginning. If she has a job that requires anything you aren't comfortable with as a man let her go!!. Don't marry her and start trying to change the rules when the match had started.

In the example you have given above I would call you a bad husband if you were aware of the nature of job, went ahead to marry her and start threatening her second wife.

In summary if you're uncomfortable with any aspect of her life that you cannot absolutely tolerate then let her go.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by BloomingDale(f): 6:47pm On May 24, 2023
felong:
Sometimes if you don't treat women this way, they won't be submissive and take you for granted. Once you install fear in her, she won't behave anyhow.

The white man says they are coming back to Africa to put you fools under slavery. I’m just happy you will learn the definition of submission as a man.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by unmask: 6:52pm On May 24, 2023
iammo:
Divorce is never the solution, marriage is not meant to be perfect
how is divorce not a solution? If you are unhappy in marriage, why stay there?
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Emaprince: 6:53pm On May 24, 2023
Yet women will never stop making marriage their number one prayer point.

They will never stop begging men to marry them?

Women should start by refusing to get married first...this world will be a very peaceful place without commitment to any one. That's exactly what men needs.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Newnas(m): 7:01pm On May 24, 2023
armadeo:

Still not getting it I guess. You have all the power to decide but don't make a decision that you don't like from the beginning. If she has a job that requires anything you aren't comfortable with as a man let her go!!. Don't marry her and start trying to change the rules when the match had started.

In the example you have given above I would call you a bad husband if you were aware of the nature of job, went ahead to marry her and start threatening her second wife.

In summary if you're uncomfortable with any aspect of her life that you cannot absolutely tolerate then let her go.
Wasn't she aware of the nature of her job before choosing to get married? Please rest.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Newnas(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2023
bukatyne:

Isn't it easier to marry a woman whose career doesn't involve night duty than marry one and start giving her hassles?

Are you allergic to soft loving with peace everywhere?

Why do you lots thrive on struggle love like this? Why do you like to marry people not your spec then break their spirit to suit your interests?

'I can't cope with night shift work'; marry a career that doesn't require such. It is a different thing if ten years down the line, night duty enters the convo.

But to start with a career that requires heavy duty night shift when you don’t want it?

I can't comprehend.
1. It's her responsibility to explain before getting married. If a part of my career requires something that I know could cause friction in my marriage then I make sure I explain it before marriage.

2. Is night duty a must? You're talking as if it's impossible to be a doctor or nurse without doing night duties.

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Idaytesj29(m): 7:04pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

If a man can’t give me enough of these 4 things I listed above in my marriage, I’ll gladly divorce him.

BTW, the lady should be happy that the ERROR called marriage has ended. A better man who would appreciate and respect her career must surely locate her.

What will you give in return?
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by harmony75: 7:07pm On May 24, 2023
Some men are useless set of people 😔

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by cococandy(f): 7:17pm On May 24, 2023
Postinor:
you would make a good wife

Right. Because I said it’s unafrican to respect women.

I guess I should be flattered to me chosen?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Idaytesj29(m): 7:31pm On May 24, 2023
JpBiz92:
I can deliver number 2 to you in large quantities

How can these marriages work when one party is always demanding many things and conditions. You must have this, provide that, ensure this, proclaim that and do this but the person demanding can only give one thing or nothing in return.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Nusooo: 7:32pm On May 24, 2023
They can’t because many of them depend mainly on men financially
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by newdawn2017(f): 7:35pm On May 24, 2023
Postinor:
is marriage not for better or worse before,u better change ur mindset before u end up as a lonely old woman without no man by her side
d man should end up with his mother with such kind of behavior. Better for worse doesnt apply to when d worse if from ur partner who has turned into a source of pain, sorrows, humiliation, sadness & unhappy, when it's ur partner who breaks down ur wall, & exposes u to wolves & d cold. Such a spouse is ur mortal enemy. Ur Kingdom won't stand as ur enemy lies on d same bed with u.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by deyplay: 7:37pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

If a man can’t give me enough of these 4 things I listed above in my marriage, I’ll gladly divorce him.

BTW, the lady should be happy that the ERROR called marriage has ended. A better man who would appreciate and respect her career must surely locate her.
Most men do that and can do those 4 crucial things you mentioned. So what are the 4 crucial things you can offer a man that should stop him from divorcing you if you were married please?
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 7:39pm On May 24, 2023
Newnas:

1. It's her responsibility to explain before getting married. If a part of my career requires something that I know could cause friction in my marriage then I make sure I explain it before marriage.

2. Is night duty a must? You're talking as if it's impossible to be a doctor or nurse without doing night duties.

It is her duty to explain before marriage? A lot of people don't have issues with night duty.

Aren't you the one who has an issue with night duty so should have researched the schedule of a doctor before proceeding with the marriage?

A doctor/nurse who would not be required to work night shifts would be scarce. If I remember correctly, a hospital operates for 24hrs and there must be personnel on site to man them.

Now you know, steer clear from a medical professional.

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by adontcare(f): 7:42pm On May 24, 2023
pocohantas:
Women and men are going through shege in Nigerian marriages, but the difference is, men are brazen about the shege they dish out. Women are hardly ever that brazen because they know the odds are not in their favour. I can't say the same for the sons of Nebuchadnezzar.

When a man sees shege, he is encouraged to get a divorce or side-chick for balance and he would most likely do that. With or without shege.

When a woman sees shege, she is encouraged to wear red pant and pray. This has never been a proven way to let out steam, so they become toxic and depressed with receding hairlines. Waiting for their kids to grow, then they go there to disturb the future daughter inlaw and the son who has failed to ask his mother why she is running from her own husband, would indulge her. Or maybe he knows why she is running. After all he saw it happen.

I am not moved by all the divorce topics in the UK or wherever. The problem is not the UK. The problem is the foundation of Nigerian marriages. We are a dangerous people. Home and abroad we are the same. Any country we enter en masse must start looking for how to close her borders. That is how dangerous we are. But we would hardly ever reflect and change. Instead we blame feminism, blame NATO, blame a Youtuber and blame Tinubu. Very anyhow people...
plain truth
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by allenpaul(m): 7:46pm On May 24, 2023
tiswell:
Na mumu dey wori u.

. ur own mumu na carry come can't be cure
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by hotwax: 7:46pm On May 24, 2023
Nigerian ladies don't like nice guys...they always look for bad guy ..happening guy... e.t.c.

When they married bad guys, they kuku secretly endure the torture ..

I have seen countless cases of them marrying animals...I used to wonder when they know a guy is an animal, yet they go ahead to marry him in the name of "he loves me".

They will come online on twitter to post their bloodied face after getting punched to seek for sympathy. When you are dating a man who scolds you at every mistake and you don't run. He even mistakenly slaps you one day and he apologize and you stay in that relationship.

Women pretend alot.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Idaytesj29(m): 7:47pm On May 24, 2023
Kinehap:
Rubbish

If you can't work your marriage out you want others to divorce and be like you. Tommorow you will still look for a man to satisfy you.

If you are divorcing, avoid anything men.

She will in fact break another woman's home to get to have a man give her some sort of lady treatment.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Idaytesj29(m): 7:51pm On May 24, 2023
Boldtrust:

Nothing. Just nothing. She goes into the marriage with a whole load of body counts, traumas and argumentative character.

grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin

She won't have a reply for this.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Almunjid(m): 7:52pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

Apart from sex what do u have to offer the man in return?
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Idaytesj29(m): 7:52pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, a doctor in training agreed to hampering her own training schedule, right? You are trying to argue that it was not really the husband who made it difficult for the lady but the lady who wanted it difficult for herself but refused the work hard and all? She also locked herself out of her own married home after it all, right? undecided

He was talking about the night shift
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On May 24, 2023
Idaytesj29:
■ He was talking about the night shift
So you no know say doctors-in-training dey work almost 80 hours per week in some places which means Night shift must dey am since there aren't enough hours in day to make up for all that? undecided

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Tenrack: 7:57pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
the man is just a foolish confused man who has no reasons for his action.

The man is also a randy man reason his wife keeps getting STDs.

Honestly, I just hate Nigerian men!! They’re so disgusting and irritating undecided
and you're currently seeing one.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by SonofGod231: 8:03pm On May 24, 2023
What is wrong with a woman putting her husband first?!It would have been a win win if the man had reciprocated by putting his wife first too in everything.
I don't generalize and hate peeps who do but many women are self-centered,once they sense you're into them,they manipulate you,they don't like to compromise or to be challenged,they want to always be in control even if it's means you pretending they're..They just live their life complaining that men are controlling.When in fact it is often the opposite. i.e My babyma wanted to control everything about me,what I eat,when I eat (because she does the cooking so if I should buy food outside without telling her she would frown),what i wear(I stopped her),what parts of my body I should or shouldn't shave,what we do at weekends and holidays.Often planned without any discussion with me,the funny part is she thinks I'm an idiot...She can watch ZeeWurld 24/7 from 6pm to 12am every day not minding if I'm interested or not since we both share a single telly.I dare not watch anything that doesn't interest her like sports or football coz she would nag the hell outta me(I would be left with my lappy).I can go on and on with her excesses to think this is someone I want to end up with...Women?!Manipulating is hard coded in their DNA.More often than not it is their way and cry fowl if they can't have it but I finally said no way.It was over
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by missyblissy: 8:19pm On May 24, 2023
iammo:

You talk as if the man isn't tolerating her bad behaviors too or she's perfect

From the story up there am sure the man has several reasons for his actions, and he is the only one in best position to throw more light

What stupid reasons? If your spouse stops and doesn't support you from growing in your career, abeg na witchcraft. Walk away as his aim is to kill your self esteem. What rubbish. Na men wey dey cheat believes their spouse too dey cheat.

Women should work for their money, if the man treats you like shit ans you have condone alot of his excesses, my dear bounce. Martiage is meant to be enjoyed not endured QED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by tonytony208(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

You are just a stupid child with a baby's brain in an adult body

3 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Princeton92(m): 8:32pm On May 24, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Wrong number even better, na better "the number you are calling doesn't exist" she be
🤣🤣🤣
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by armadeo(m): 8:49pm On May 24, 2023
DeLaRue:
In Nigeria, there's only the tiniest little chance of finding a suitable life partner that you can make a genuinely loving life with and live happily thereafter.

That's because, every facet of life here, ie. personal, professional, business and any other relationship you come into is almost always characterised by patent or latent mistrust, distrust, deceit, greed, lack of respect and decency, intolerance, bad faith, ruthless selfishness and so on.

Any expectation that a society which operates almost entirely on these flawed foundations can produce in large numbers individuals, whether male or female, of a character necessary for fostering mutually respectful, trusting, happy, and enduring marriages is misplaced.

You can't sow thorns and expect to reap oranges.

It all went wrong at the family unit. Nigerian boys and girls are not being brought up with the right values. By the time the average Nigerian chiild is in his/her mid teens, he or she's already disrespectful, deceptive, greedy, untrustworthy etc

Based on my personal observation of married friends and people around me, the vast majority of marriages are zombie marriages. The marriages are on auto pilot, years are going by, but absence of love, cheating, lack of mutual respect, intolerance, rudeness, coldness etc characterise most of the marriages.

This has to be one of the best comments i have ever read on this forum. This is the pure truth. We have already failed from the foundations ( family unit) hence the building ( society) is shaky.

Well put.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by soles21(m): 8:52pm On May 24, 2023
nlfpmod:
As shared by Vashti Vash Offo:

https://twitter.com/Vash_Offo/status/1660702453648465927?t=iG_-zSFySZJMgg1RI7BOoA&s=08
post like this are suppose to be banned for God's sake. You will just wake up, pick up your phone just to start a gender war or spread negativity. While we can all agree they're bad marriages. They're also a lot of good marriages too, yet I Don't see more threads on that. Alot of young girls and boys are seeing threads like this and it'll affect them negatively.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by olatunji390(m): 8:57pm On May 24, 2023
nlfpmod:
As shared by Vashti Vash Offo:

https://twitter.com/Vash_Offo/status/1660702453648465927?t=iG_-zSFySZJMgg1RI7BOoA&s=08

"She was the life of the party in med school and an entrepreneur".

U say make the husband don't know what he is doing!
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by beyondbasicsng: 9:01pm On May 24, 2023
felong:
Sometimes if you don't treat women this way, they won't be submissive and take you for granted. Once you install fear in her, she won't behave anyhow.

why should your wife FEAR you? that is a question that I don't understand. When you were dating was she afraid? Why should she now be afraid when she becomes a wife?

A woman shouldn't have to walk on eggshells around their husband.

submissive? I'm unsure I get this too. So much about submission but nothing about husband loving his wife as christ loved the church and gave himself for it!

The husbands love for his wife should his primary responsibility.

If the man is the right person for the woman, she would feel comfortable. Should anyone want to live in fear around their spouse?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by BloomingDale(f): 9:03pm On May 24, 2023
Emaprince:
Yet women will never stop making marriage their number one prayer point.

They will never stop begging men to marry them?

Women should start by refusing to get married first...this world will be a very peaceful place without commitment to any one. That's exactly what men needs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Boy Shows His Zanku Legwork, Gbe Body Dance Moves, People Confused About His Age / He Did Not Enjoy Intimacy With Me, And Concluded I Am Cheating / Obituary Of Couple And 2 Kids Who Were Burnt To Death In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.