Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo (36854 Views)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / She Married My Best Man Without Divorcing Me - Nigerian Husband Cries Out / Hilarious Story Of Nigerian Man Divorcing Wife In US Because She's A Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by drololaaof: 4:55pm On May 24, 2023
[quote author=nlfpmod post=123333670]As shared by Vashti Vash Offo:

https://twitter.com/Vash_Offo/status/1660702453648465927?t=iG_-zSFySZJMgg1RI7BOoA&s=08[/quote
The case you stated above the husband is a stupid and useless man that need to be examined
by psychologist and psychiatrist . If he is rich like Yepola he will not allow his wife to go out
Any man or woman that prevent any of the partner to see their family or friend is not a normal human being
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Joshcoli(m): 4:56pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
the man is just a foolish confused man who has no reasons for his action.

The man is also a randy man reason his wife keeps getting STDs.

Honestly, I just hate Nigerian men!! Theyโ€™re so disgusting and irritating undecided

Eyaaaa.... Kpele ooo
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Fortruth: 4:56pm On May 24, 2023
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by gotnel: 4:57pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

If a man canโ€™t give me enough of these 4 things I listed above in my marriage, Iโ€™ll gladly divorce him.

BTW, the lady should be happy that the ERROR called marriage has ended. A better man who would appreciate and respect her career must surely locate her.
What will you bring into the marriage?
Good home does not have to set expectations so high.
Marriage is a give and take.
You must set up your own gifts to your man, not you just settings high expectations for your man and expect things to work like that
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 4:57pm On May 24, 2023
newdawn2017:
wizards re gurus, healers, educated, & englightened. He was malignant demonic entity.

๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ

Even you wizards are rejecting him?

Toor!

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by armadeo(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2023
Newnas:

So, asking my wife not to work night shifts makes me a bad husband?!

You should marry a woman who's career does not involve nightshift. If it does and you knowingly marry her and then decide to say no night shift then yes you are a bad husband.

5 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 4:59pm On May 24, 2023
Geovanni412:

Are there unreasonable men?

Yes, they are

Are there unreasonable women?

Yes, they are

In this scenario, it is unfair to judge without hearing the man's version of events.

What reason would warrant such behaviour?

The first poster is yet to answer.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by allenpaul(m): 4:59pm On May 24, 2023
tiswell:
with all ya experience and expertise about men and relationships, you are still very single and no serious date.

. Some people are just unlucky with relationship you don't have to disrespected pocohs like that besides you don't sound intelligent either

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 4:59pm On May 24, 2023
Cromagnon:

It I longer throat and feminism that push foolish women to marry robbing mad men

For better for worse stands
Marry with sense

Marriage is not for enjoyment
It's for procreation

You can decide not to enjoy your marriage, your business. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 5:00pm On May 24, 2023
CuriousStudent:

This is the definition of the average naija man. That explains the reproach and rejection they face from us.

Religion, culture and stigma forces women to accept them.

๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜„
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by babzlim(m): 5:01pm On May 24, 2023
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=123340377]So, in your mind, there are reasonable, rational reasons for why one adult would set strict rules of that kind for another adult when it isn't that one is an employee or slave of the other? And this is your idea of what marriage is in fact about? undecided[/quote
===โ‰ˆ================
there's this saying in yoruba language that, in a land that there're know laws there's no sin there.

their is never a smoke without fire ๐Ÿ”ฅ,
see I never said is right for a man or woman to abuse there spouse but when you leave the office your suppose to occupy and want to takeover what you ain't build to handle their will definitely be issues.

abeg I no be writer, so don't mind the errors.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by AutoConsult: 5:01pm On May 24, 2023
bukatyne:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

When they say for better for worse, they refer to challenges that life throws at the couple; childlessness, job loss, health challenges, issues from in-laws, special needs children etc.

They are not talking about one of the parties roving mad and becoming a witch/wizard to the other party.

It is this 'marriage is not meant to be perfect ' that enables you men especially to waltz in with stupid behaviours and lack of home training hoping to be tolerated and accepted.

While marriage a might not be perfect because life is not perfect and the challenges I mentioned above, marriage ought to be enjoyed by both parties.

So ask yourself: these behaviours I put up, would it make my spouse enjoy this marriage?

Life is already throwing challenges, why should someone meant to make our lives more beautiful contribute or sponsor the major challenge?
Succinctly put. Actually, some people should have no business with marriage until they've truly matured to have a partner. Lots of people out there just got married because they felt they were not getting any younger.

It never surprises me when they abandon the marriage just after three months. I've personally seen a marriage that lasted for just one night before. In fact I was the best man. I hate to recall I was part of that sham of a marriage.

It pisses me off when I see two people preparing to marry eachother despite obvious red flags around their courtship. Dey always do me like say make I dey beat them. They go through with it and as expected, things go south after a few months.

Make I just keep kwayet sha. Mtsheew

3 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Chetas81(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

If a man canโ€™t give me enough of these 4 things I listed above in my marriage, Iโ€™ll gladly divorce him.

BTW, the lady should be happy that the ERROR called marriage has ended. A better man who would appreciate and respect her career must surely locate her.
really but single mothers in every corner of Nigeria looking for new love they also forget that no football match start with 0-3 / 1-0

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Chetas81(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2023
SINGLE MOTHERS PRO MAX LOADING
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 5:05pm On May 24, 2023
1Sharon:

Isn't that what submission entails ๐Ÿฅด

Submission by whose definition?

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Posh2018: 5:07pm On May 24, 2023
pocohantas:
Women and men are going through shege in Nigerian marriages, but the difference is, men are brazen about the shege they dish out. Women are hardly ever that brazen because they know the odds are not in their favour. I can't say the same for the sons of Nebuchadnezzar.

When a man sees shege, he is encouraged to get a divorce or side-chick for balance and he would most likely do that. With or without shege.

When a woman sees shege, she is encouraged to wear red pant and pray. This has never been a proven way to let out steam, so they become toxic and depressed with receding hairlines. Waiting for their kids to grow, then they go there to disturb the future daughter inlaw and the son who has failed to ask his mother why she is running from her own husband, would indulge her. Or maybe he knows why she is running. After all he saw it happen.

I am not moved by all the divorce topics in the UK or wherever. The problem is not the UK. The problem is the foundation of Nigerian marriages. We are a dangerous people. Home and abroad we are the same. Any country we enter en masse must start looking for how to close her borders. That is how dangerous we are. But we would hardly ever reflect and change. Instead we blame feminism, blame NATO, blame a Youtuber and blame Tinubu. Very anyhow people...

You got me there
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by emynike2001(m): 5:07pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

All I see in your write up is an expression of parasitism. Its all you expect from him, which one are you giving back to balance the equation.

Don't go into marriage with this mentality, if you are already in marriage pls change this ugly notion of yours.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What valid reason would there be for a man to subjugate his partner and wife in marriage? The marriage na only him own? undecided

Bro, the people you are talking to are eyeballs deep in a culture and mentality that believes they are doing a woman a favor by marrying them hence the need to always lord over a woman.

I find it extremely funny that these men will be mean and straight-up wicked to a woman who cooks their food, watch them sleep right next to her, and know their secrets that they have no idea she knows

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Nice2023(m): 5:10pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

Nigerian men that u hate or what?

E be like ur head don dey come back home.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by jaxxy(m): 5:10pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

U didn't mention faithfulness. Thats nice. He can cheat all night long.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by youngZee23: 5:11pm On May 24, 2023
Lol..they want to a new law..to be demanding half a mans wealth..like hakims wife
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 5:11pm On May 24, 2023
Newyorkitis:
Omo, see how ladies full this thread!

Back to the topic: Nigerian Ladies usually want to eat their cake and have it but our culture has put us all in check and it is not far-fetched.

Elsewhere, bride price was cancelled because it acts as a restriction against a woman's full right to own her body as she likes.

Let us use the South-East as an example: There's no way on earth your parents will collect 1 million naira for traditional wedding and you want to enter the man's house with your full rights.

You can't go there and tell the man that you don't like how he is pressing the tooth paste tube or you are just tired and don't love him anymore for no reason, therefore you want a divorce.

My point is simple. You can't use marriage as poverty alleviation programme and make any noise about gender equality.

Ladies, .if you want gender equality, start by fighting your parents, and not your husband.

Bride price reduces your equality status.... Work.on scrapping it and see.your full rights restored.

PEACE.

This has absolutely nothing to do with bride price.

Indians pay dowry to the husbands and they still have terrible husbands; the West abolished bride price & dowry yet they still have corrosive men.

If the South East has the problem of turning it into a poverty alleviation program, then it can be discussed and treated separately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by dbestuncle: 5:11pm On May 24, 2023
nlfpmod:
As shared by Vashti Vash Offo:

https://twitter.com/Vash_Offo/status/1660702453648465927?t=iG_-zSFySZJMgg1RI7BOoA&s=08
Once again this writter believes it is only women that are seeing shege in marriage in Nigeria n therefore proposes that any divorce woman on the street did the right thing and should be applauded.
Maybe we should add all Nigerian men are scum n don't deserve a wife plus the writer's father though
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by pocohantas(f): 5:13pm On May 24, 2023
descarado:

What you see up there is a clear sign of low self esteem. They forget women don't have dik and wanna engage in dik measuring context with women. See how real men from other nationalities control them. In world stage, they are third class citizens. They can't even produce common tomatoe pastes and puree or chopped tomatoes in tins when we have tomatoes in abundance. Ginormous tomatoes is from China yet China is not a tomatoe eating country. Yet to see Chinese cuisines that involve using tomatoes like we do but they saw market opportunities and took it.

Majority of Nigerian stuffs I see here are assembled and produced in other countries eg raw foo, in one southern American country.

Them no get shame.

No single one, Des. Perpertually obsessed with vagina affairs. One second they don't benefit from marriage, the next second they are insulting single women. What is your problem with a woman who has avoided an institution you don't benefit from? I don't care about the marital status of some of these NL males because I fail to see what any woman would benefit marrying them. They can stay single or use surrogate for all I care.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Intoboy(m): 5:13pm On May 24, 2023
nlfpmod:
As shared by Vashti Vash Offo:

https://twitter.com/Vash_Offo/status/1660702453648465927?t=iG_-zSFySZJMgg1RI7BOoA&s=08

What where you expecting?
You want her to go into the marriage and start deciding for him,of course na husband go tell wife what to do and what not to do,the fact that she's married to someone will change a lot of things and she has to adapt to it so why are you here shouting like it's one big deal,if he didn't have money would she have gotten married to him,now he's telling her what to do she's crying,awon werey.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by DelphiOracle(m): 5:15pm On May 24, 2023
ibkayee:

Idibia? Ah ahn ๐Ÿคฃ

Did you watch that Young, Famous and African show?
is that movie interesting?
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by ibkayee(f): 5:18pm On May 24, 2023
DelphiOracle:
is that movie interesting?
Not a movie, itโ€™s a reality TV series. Lol depends on what youโ€™re into, it entertained me

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by 1Dray(m): 5:19pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

Says someone that is earnestly seeking a husband.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by DMerciful(m): 5:20pm On May 24, 2023
When a small child talks, you know.
You're a small girl without experience
Jennyclay:
the man is just a foolish confused man who has no reasons for his action.

The man is also a randy man reason his wife keeps getting STDs.

Honestly, I just hate Nigerian men!! Theyโ€™re so disgusting and irritating undecided
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by emmaodet: 5:20pm On May 24, 2023
bukatyne:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

When they say for better for worse, they refer to challenges that life throws at the couple; childlessness, job loss, health challenges, issues from in-laws, special needs children etc.

They are not talking about one of the parties roving mad and becoming a witch/wizard to the other party.

It is this 'marriage is not meant to be perfect ' that enables you men especially to waltz in with stupid behaviours and lack of home training hoping to be tolerated and accepted.

While marriage a might not be perfect because life is not perfect and the challenges I mentioned above, marriage ought to be enjoyed by both parties.

So ask yourself: these behaviours I put up, would it make my spouse enjoy this marriage?

Life is already throwing challenges, why should someone meant to make our lives more beautiful contribute or sponsor the major challenge?

Only if you know the huge percentage of just putting up with bad behaviors from women in Nigeria, the emotional traumas, psychological traumas women are causing a lot of men in Nigeria, you will be shocked.

5 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 5:21pm On May 24, 2023
AutoConsult:

Succinctly put. Actually, some people should have no business with marriage until they've truly matured to have a partner. Lots of people out there just got married because they felt they were not getting any younger.

It never surprises me when they abandon the marriage just after three months. I've personally seen a marriage that lasted for just one night before. In fact I was the best man. I hate to recall I was part of that sham of a marriage.

It pisses me off when I see two people preparing to marry eachother despite obvious red flags around their courtship. Dey always do me like say make I dey beat them. They go through with it and as expected, things go south after a few months.

Make I just keep kwayet sha. Mtsheew

Pele, I can imagine the feeling.

After supporting the couple to ensure the wedding is successful, you realised they are unserious elements.

With the way we like marriage, you would think we would learn how to make it enjoyable.

It is well.
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by abbey621(m): 5:21pm On May 24, 2023
It is funny, the story always comes from friend but the friend wey dey tell the story, are you married? Of course not! One thing I've noticed about such women they are miserable and are only looking to recruit more women into their misery.

We thank God this time the man has not been accused of domestic violence or rape, we thank God the brotha has not been accused of being a deadbeat!

Finally, notice how her experience of two friends led her to conclude that women are suffering in marriages but can we ask, how come she does not see any of her friends enjoying their marriage? How come all she sees is misery? Angel of sadness grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Where There's Will, There's Is A Way(photo)...Lol / Late Alao Akala Dancing On His Last Birthday (Video) / #PumPumChallenge: Video Of A Little Baby Girl Twerking Goes Viral (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.