Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria (17545 Views)

I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This / Join Freelancers In Nigeria Slack Community / Freelancers In Nigeria – Join Slack Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by dalass(f): 9:54am On Jun 30, 2023
Ogiame:
Shut up.
Nonsense

Do you need another job aside stalking me?
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Ogiame: 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
dalass:

Give the job to your late mom.
Supporting Tinubu has made you forget about her lying 6ft below frustrated 🀣🀣🀣
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Ogiame: 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
dalass:

When I am done with your silly bigotry ass, you will stop seeing the Igbo as the cause of your mom's death
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by dalass(f): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
Ogiame:
When I am done with your silly bigotry ass, you will stop seeing the Igbo as the cause of your mom's death

Go and get tested... Rabies from a rabid dog is doing a number on your brain undecided
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Ogiame: 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
dalass:

Go and get tested... Rabies from a rabid dog is doing a number on your brain undecided
That's what k!!!led your mom I guess. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 5:40am On Jul 02, 2023
dalass:

why are you responding to a brain-dead troll?

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by dalass(f): 5:59am On Jul 02, 2023
HardMirror:
why are you responding to a brain-dead troll?

I had reported and ignored him countless times, yet he keeps coming back. I wish there's a way on NL to block him permanently from quoting me.

And yes, I quite agree that he's truly braindead!

I don't know why mods don't ban people who derail threads with such impunity and malice undecided
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 6:02am On Jul 02, 2023
dalass:

I had reported and ignored him countless times, yet he keeps coming back. I wish there's a way on NL to block him permanently from quoting me.

And yes, I quite agree that he's truly braindead!
keep ignoring. bye

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by dalass(f): 6:16am On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

That's how I feel, I can't complain because of the mo ey, but you're working 24/7, even at the gym, I have to carry laptop and modem. Luckily I employed an intern from Nairaland and we've been working and sharing the profit.

But I've never really worked outside the house, does it work for you ?

Sorry to ask but do people still use modem these days? wink

I always wanted to get an office to employ an assistant that would arrange my clients, reply mails, remind on deadlines, send invoices, monitor payments and non payment etc too. Ultimately impart some training so they could help with the sometimes burdensome work, but that would also cost some good money sha

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by qtguru(m): 7:37am On Jul 02, 2023
dalass:

Sorry to ask but do people still use modem these days? wink

I always wanted to get an office to employ an assistant that would arrange my clients, reply mails, remind on deadlines, send invoices, monitor payments and non payment etc too. Ultimately impart some training so they could help with the sometimes burdensome work, but that would also cost some good money sha

Hotspot from a phone is the cheaper alternative, I had an old spectranet modem just incase MTN and Fiberone messes up. Foreign clients must not hear internet issues. But a phone still works

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by dalass(f): 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

Hotspot from a phone is the cheaper alternative, I had an old spectranet modem just incase MTN and Fiberone messes up. Foreign clients must not hear internet issues. But a phone still works

Okay. I see πŸ‘
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by chatinent: 2:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
I don't doubt all you posted a bit because it's actually true. You collect payment via dollar transfers...that is through Western Union, Ria and its kinds?

What happened to virtual accounts?

Even Fiver and Upwork accounts pay through PayPal or Payoneer! Go digital,chief.

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by qtguru(m): 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
chatinent:
I don't doubt all you posted a bit because it's actually true. You collect payment via dollar transfers...that is through Western Union, Ria and its kinds?

What happened to virtual accounts?

Even Fiver and Upwork accounts pay through PayPal or Payoneer! Go digital,chief.

I use Geegpay it works fine, but I move to Wise because I don't trust Geegpay to hold permanently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by online4business: 10:38am On Jul 08, 2023
If you know you can write just set up a website find a niche you're passionate about and start writing.

You'll learn and earn.

Just write informational article about your topic and monitize with display ads.

hosting is cheap domain name is cheap you can get someone to set it up and you're off the races.

If you've small change get project24 course and in 24 months you could be earning $4k.

That's the goal of project24 replace your income in 24 months.

Search income school on YouTube watch their video.

if you want the course the moniker haggai247 I think have the course.

Don't waste time just get something going.

You can even motitize the site with ezoic from the get-go if someone like me invite you.

If you've just get to start somewhere.

Cc bonnielove

Sheyimann

Time no dey ooo make hay while the sun shine

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by XcepXlargeGlory: 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
I quoted you in another thread --- I need your response, please.

Bonnielove:

Do you need another intern?
I’m ready to work.
I’m very diligent and attentive.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Zidoh(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
Still buying all funds and cryptos at good rate

PAYPAL, PAYONEER , WISE , AFRICARD , DORM TO DORM , FIVERR AND UPWORK WITHDRAWAL

We are available 24/7 at ZIDOH EXCHANGE ENTERPRISES

Call/Whatsapp 08088759163.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 2:21am On Sep 06, 2023
Patronize adverts at Your own risk
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 11:52am On Sep 11, 2023
Old post, though. Am I the only one here who believed this OP.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
tosyne2much:
I developed mine through consistency

I had zero writing sklls and terrible vocabulary while growing up
You are a writer but your sentence lacks punctuation ❗
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2023
042boyz:
I'm a 2d animator and illustrator. I need a badass writer to collab with so we can work on something that will generate money worldwide
Been thinking along this routes but lacks the illustration forte. We can Collab perfectly well. You can contact me on 08037810880.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
HIbreed:
You are a writer but your sentence lacks punctuation ❗
What a stupid comment. Is he going to get paid for commenting here with punctuations? Same stupid question some one asked me.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 2:01pm On Sep 11, 2023
HIbreed:
Old post, though. Am I the only one here who believed this OP.
hahaha. It is funny when last year I discovered that nigerians are actually dominating the freelance writing space along with philipians. Seen a guy in osogbo that made $100k on upwork in just 1 year. Let those who are stupid keep arguing as if it changes anything.

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Babba1: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2023
Are you looking for jobs in Federal,States,Companies,NGOs or International opportunity?? If yes!!

Congratulation!!!

We have open a WhatsApp Community where we sent the JOBS/SCHOLARSHIPS adverts. so if you are some one who is looking for this opportunity then chat me up on Whatsapp
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Slimplush: 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2023
online4business:
If you know you can write just set up a website find a niche you're passionate about and start writing.

You'll learn and earn.

Just write informational article about your topic and monitize with display ads.

hosting is cheap domain name is cheap you can get someone to set it up and you're off the races.

If you've small change get project24 course and in 24 months you could be earning $4k.

That's the goal of project24 replace your income in 24 months.

Search income school on YouTube watch their video.

if you want the course the moniker haggai247 I think have the course.

Don't waste time just get something going.

You can even motitize the site with ezoic from the get-go if someone like me invite you.

If you've just get to start somewhere.

Cc bonnielove

Sheyimann

Time no dey ooo make hay while the sun shine

please can I get across to you off-nairaland?
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2023
HardMirror:

What a stupid comment. Is he going to get paid for commenting here with punctuations? Same stupid question some one asked me.
That's what it is. You don't know the power of basic punctuation in conversations. As a writer, I can't write a single sentence without using the appropriate punctuations. Secondly, I don't use writing aids.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by online4business: 4:52am On Sep 12, 2023
Slimplush:
please can I get across to you off-nairaland?
If you ask any questions I'll answer on show you where to check.

I've too much on my plate.
I've clients work ( which I hate because I'm exchanging time for money)
I've my own blog.
I'm also learning a foreign language

Ask good questions I'll do my best to answer you.

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 11:33am On Sep 13, 2023
HIbreed:
That's what it is. You don't know the power of basic punctuation in conversations. As a writer, I can't write a single sentence without using the appropriate punctuations. Secondly, I don't use writing aids.
that is your business. Saying someone is not a writer because he chose not to use puncuations on naira land is silly. Are you his client? Does he owe you a punctuated piece?

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 11:28am On Sep 14, 2023
HardMirror:
that is your business. Saying someone is not a writer because he chose not to use puncuations on naira land is silly. Are you his client? Does he owe you a punctuated piece?
Flaty head bongos. Where did I mention he's not a writer?
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 7:01am On Sep 15, 2023
HIbreed:
Go and correct your blunders here before I take you seriously.
https://www.nairaland.com/6778555/wife-kissed-son-mouth-too
Lesson: don't judge the skills of anyone with his nairaland post. No one is posting professionally here.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2023
HardMirror:

Go and correct your blunders here before I take you seriously.
https://www.nairaland.com/6778555/wife-kissed-son-mouth-too
Lesson: don't judge the skills of anyone with his nairaland post. No one is posting professionally here.
Lol. Wasn't writing professionally at that time. BTW, that monicker is not even my main Nairaland account.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by LagosAirport: 7:28pm On Jan 16
tsmith:

Good question. All skills can be learned and developed. Some people can have an adept natural ability whilst others have to develop skills through training and practice.
good evening ma. How's the week been

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Access Bank Manager Seizes A Staff’s Phone - Twitter User / Man Owed 2 Months Salary Sent To Prison For Uprooting His Master's Cassava.Photo / Chinese Firm Incarcerates 30 Nigerian Staff In Its Premises For Three Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.