Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) (78162 Views)

Pete Edochie And Wife Relax With Yul Edochie As He Visits Them (Photo) / Nina, Osita Iheme And Kanayo O Kanayo On Set Of A New Movie / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu And Kanayo O Kanayo Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by justdream(m): 10:49pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:

Exactly my brother

Pete is supposed to summersault for Horrny of Ife

After summersaulting Pete will enter kitchen and fry egg for him

Pete even try sef to give him three hands shake of a titled man

If na me I go claw am Vikings handshake

Ha ha ha u be mad man. Finally Beast U dia.
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Thonee(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2023
Afonjas with unnecessary fury, Ooni no be human being?
I can never bow to greet him, he's not my God and aside that you cannot enforce your tradition on every Nigerian but worship the white people.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 10:51pm On May 25, 2023
Glock22:
Lol

Clash of traditions!

The yorubas expect Pete to bow as per Yoruba tradition.

Igbos do not bow to anyone as per igbo tradition.

So no one should expect the other to conform with their own tradition, especially as this is not the Ooni’s palace.

But your pete came to meet us in our land and he should behave like a roman when in rome.
Well you guys are so rude anyways, una dey kuku use slap wake una parents up normally.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by imbless: 11:03pm On May 25, 2023
Barims:

Ooni and obasanjo aren't age mate and the obasanjo prostrated before the ooni. So what's your point?
Obj is from Yoruba, oni is not a king in Igbo land. How would you feel when a king or titled man from Yoruba prostrate to other king on a neutral ground such as a party ground? If una Oni wants to be always revered and worshipped, he should also stay amongst his subjects, do you even know what a titled man, or a king/ chief or red capped chief means in Igbo land? Una always want make other tribes adhere to una culture at the detriment of their own culture.
Whatever the oni is in Yoruba land, don't extend to Igbo land or other tribes. I repeat an Igbo man only bows to his chi.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Ttipsy(f): 11:07pm On May 25, 2023
I don't really understand; do you want him to roll on the floor?
?

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Yesboss0009: 11:11pm On May 25, 2023
Rubbish . Trying to divide two tribes because of a mere handshake.... It's just an handshake.... Besides it's a birthday party ...we have better things to worry about. Stop instigating hatred.
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Glock22: 11:17pm On May 25, 2023
SugarGirl44:

But your pete came to meet us in our land and he should behave like a roman when in rome.
Well you guys are so rude anyways, una dey kuku use slap wake una parents up normally.

Sorry sis, it doesn’t work like that.

I don’t see moslems in UK going to church because they are in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 11:19pm On May 25, 2023
If they bow, prostrate for him outside his palace, what would they now do inside his palace? they will turn to his foot match naaaa abi.
The Ogadagidi,Ebubedike & KOK wey I know well well would never do it no matter the pressure.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Swissli(f): 11:21pm On May 25, 2023
Pls What's Strange About This? undecided
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Kingbuhari(m): 11:22pm On May 25, 2023
What ever he is, is in Ife not in Anambra or anywhere in igboland... less u forget igbos don't bow
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Shancca: 11:22pm On May 25, 2023
Naijalarry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im0cHn2jXGc

Source- https://punchng.com/ooni-pete-edochie-handshake-stirs-controversy-on-social-media/

We should be careful how we bias what should be and spew rubbish without context. Nigeria is simply a geographical expression and so different ethnic group have their culture and traditions. If the eastern Nigeria were to be a different country, how will anyone from the west juxtapose or dictate how people from other extraction should greet their kings? Kings are made to be respected by his people and not people outside his clan. Respect is admiration. If Pete Edochie feels the need to show that respect, he would have gone ahead to do so, but then Pete is even a strong titled Chief in Eastern Nigeria and so command his own respect. Please Nigerians, let us respect and enjoy the British contraception called Nigeria in peace. We can build a lot economically together.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by baby124: 11:26pm On May 25, 2023
thatigboman:
Enough said
That guy that was claimed to be Igbo in your picture is the Oba of Lagos. You don’t know how revered an Ooni is supposed to be. Such position is too big for the one that sits there right now and he should leave there if he does not understand the role. Real Ooni would not even shake Elizabeth and should never be seen at such parties. He needs custodians of the stool to really school him on etiquette because he has no respect for himself and his throne. Our Ooni stands shoulder to shoulder with any king in the world and does not shake the hand of a commoner or so called title owner which you can buy 2 for 10 thousand. The one you claim is Yoruba is Oba of Benin.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by imbless: 11:33pm On May 25, 2023
grin grin grin
Pandev:
Yes, e be alien 👽
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by AllDModsAreMaad: 11:35pm On May 25, 2023
SugarGirl44:

Sen se, you no get...

Did you bother to know the location of the event?

It is better than not knowing your parents that is common among you people.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Lasien: 11:52pm On May 25, 2023
Pandev:
You don't shake a king

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Metrofox(m): 11:57pm On May 25, 2023
[quote author=IamtheTruth1 post=123366147][/quote]
You quote noble for traditional matter. Lol funny lots stands one place make the tiger fire your nyash well grin
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Metrofox(m): 12:15am On May 26, 2023
Lukuluku69:

What do you expect from a child that slide tackles both father and mother as wake up Alarm?

Nothing new to see here Emeka, just continue...

better than a child that licks his father's buttocks only to uproot their skulls from the grave at night grin

4 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Goldymafia: 12:51am On May 26, 2023
Naijalarry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im0cHn2jXGc

Source- https://punchng.com/ooni-pete-edochie-handshake-stirs-controversy-on-social-media/
the next 8yrs na Yoruba and Igbo go fight scatter this nation...the Mata tire person
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:58am On May 26, 2023
Shalommy:
They're cultists naundecided. Abi una dey jonz
NO DOUBT,SELLING THEIR PRECIOUS SOUL FOR MONEY. grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Ogiame: 1:02am On May 26, 2023
Barims:
This is insolent 😕 those two ought to prostrate before the ooni; he possesd the highest title in Yoruba land they suppose to show a little prestige, maybe a slight bow as a sign of respect to the king. sad angry angry
So says an clown.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by gbishman: 1:12am On May 26, 2023
This Ooni lacks the requisite grooming hence no one should feel surprised at some of his behavior.
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by gbishman: 1:13am On May 26, 2023
This Ooni lacks the requisite grooming hence no one should feel surprised at some of his behavior.
Jumping from one party to the other, from one govt parastatal to the other.
Its unbecoming of someone of his statute
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Manuel400: 1:13am On May 26, 2023
[quote author=ucsquare post=123365526]So a whole Odogwu go dey bow for common Ooni no be juju be that?.. grin

It should be the other way around, with the Ooni humbly prostrating before the esteemed Odogwu..

Contact me lets design a compelling CV for you that stands out from the competition

Tell your odogwu pikin to contact oo
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by MrColdsweat: 1:21am On May 26, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Baby Factory product, a pity you don't have any parent to practice wake up sliding tackle on.....
Actually yarriba women are the real baby factory. 5 children for different fathers. The number of single mothers in yarriba land is enough to populate a country.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Godson32(m): 3:40am On May 26, 2023
That place is not Ooni Palace and those elite actors are not his tribesmen. I don't even see enough space where people will be bowing for the ooni 😉
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Alpharey: 3:52am On May 26, 2023
Something even Kanayo collect, and nobody is complaining about Kanayo. Our minds as NIGERIANS are so poisoned by tribal differences. The Ooni might shake Oyibo man with two hands and nothing will happen. Please leave this people alone and hold our leaders responsible for anyhow they handle our collective wealth. Thanks
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by homehunters(m): 4:36am On May 26, 2023
An Igbo man only bow to his Chi

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Danny1974: 4:41am On May 26, 2023
Ooni is a young modern King who don't see himself as God, he is humble despite his exalted position and riches.
I think he is a good example to other kings. I love his style of doing things
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Orgym(m): 5:30am On May 26, 2023
The current Ooni of Ife is a disgrace to the Traditional sit of Ife.
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Jazzman01: 5:52am On May 26, 2023
I dont see any big deal there. It would have been wrong and disrespectful if it was a fellow Yoruba man that greeted the ooni that way. But Pete is not Yoruba
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Father4all: 6:24am On May 26, 2023
taylor89:
is Pete Oonis mate?

As you be king for your land na so another person be king for him land

Even me wey no be anybody I no fit bow my head for Ooni

Ooni wey dey marry different women per week dey find respect horn.y of Ife grin

Rubbish

No be Ooni wan use two hands shake white man so?

E don reach Pete una penis stand

If Ooni waka anyhow for night sef guys wey he collect their babes go knack am 2 by 2

Ooni should be thankful say Kanayo no use am complete June sacrifice
horn.y of Ife grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy Gifts Anthony Joshua A Cake, Organizes A Welcome Home Party For Him / Izaak Theo Adu Flaunts His Chest After Removing Boobs / Actress Nkechi Blessing Imitates New Naira Notes In New Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.