Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? (21145 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Exceed15: 8:50pm On May 29, 2023
kamtrix:

But what of in a case where the lady is well cultured and we'll mannered. The kind that you will never know her parents are divorced unless she tells you? And she is close to both her parents

Guy beware o. Don't come to NL and start lamenting. Any girl who raised by single parents is psychologically damaged. Na when she enter u go hear am

4 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by frozen70(f): 8:52pm On May 29, 2023
Adekaka12345:

In addition, the children from broken home didn't play any part in the break. It's a factor that cannot either affect or change.

It really affected them because they are neither here nor their with the parents

Each of the parents are staying separately and you go to this parent he or she has something to say and you go to another same thing

It takes a rich parents lots of money to fill in the gap of the other partners vacuum
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by MemoriesAndMe: 8:53pm On May 29, 2023
It's risky marrying someone from a broken home no matter how well-cultured she is, unless she is able to stand tall and and stay tough in her marriage without external interference.

Otherwise, the same factors that ruined her mother's marriage to her father may ruin yours too. Don't wait till when you start hearing stories like "that's how my daddy was to my mom", "my mom says you will never change because you didn't come back home on time" etc.

Just do you research bro.

2 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 29, 2023
The Kind Of Mentality You Must Have To Excel.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

Listen And Remain Blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laCyXQp7n7U
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by jaxxy(m): 8:54pm On May 29, 2023
Letsmeet:
Please everyone, what's your opinion on this?
Is it wise to date a young lady from a divorced home?
If She is very nice, quiet, respectful, the most understanding person in the world, doesn't even quarrel. Has a good job and many other good qualities.
But if her parents are divorced, and live in the same area, and she lives with both of them.
What is the likelihood of her divorcing in future? Anyone with similar experiences please?

it's doesn't matter. it depends on the girl herself especially if the mother has no bad character herself. Not almost divorce was caused bt the mothers some the problem was from the man's attitude and the woman can't control that.

I know a family where the mum is divorced bt her 2 daughters are happily married.

1 Like

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Thegoodone13(m): 8:54pm On May 29, 2023
Don't make that mistake. I can't advise anybody to marry from a broken home. I'm regretting married from broken home now. I'm just trying my best because of my children, I could have divorce my wife since but I don't want my children to be trained by single mothers.

3 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Saintinoo(m): 8:54pm On May 29, 2023
Letsmeet:
If She is very nice, quiet, respectful, the most understanding person in the world, doesn't even quarrel. Has a good job and many other good qualities.
But if her parents are divorced, and live in the same area, and she lives with both of them.
What is the likelihood of her divorcing in future? Anyone with similar experiences please?

Love still dey dis one eye, those qualities you mentioned is because you are in love, when she go show you shege, your eye go clear.
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by indigenous234(f): 8:57pm On May 29, 2023
Statistically, women from a divorced home or home of a single parentage are more likely to tow the line of thier parents. Ample evidence abound even around you if you care enough to observe.

4 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Kennyquestt: 8:58pm On May 29, 2023
If she was raised by her mother alone, there is possibility she will end up like her mother, because such mothers feed their daughters with stories denting the image of the father and in turn denting the image of men. The mothers are always putting up stories to make the children see their mother as not the cause of the separation or divorce even if they were.
In your case you are lucky the lady has a good relationship with her father.
Which might give the lady a good stand in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Emaprince: 9:01pm On May 29, 2023
A woman brought up by a single mother will likely grow up with bitterness in her heart towards men. Those single mothers are good in feeding their kids with poison.

Women training kids with no father is NO NO.

Do whatever you wish....but I surely won't advice any man to marry a girl brought up by a single mother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by jahsharon: 9:01pm On May 29, 2023
100% YES
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Nyceguy92: 9:02pm On May 29, 2023
CuriousCart:
I think they will even want to do anything to prevent a repeat. The main problem should be if they will agree to marry - which isn't the case here - so I'm wondering what your problem is.

Exactly my view.
What actually do happens is that those affected would want to avoid the incident.

Reasons for divorce are many and individualized.
And there is no proven scientific way to support an assumption that divorced home means divorced females.
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by jeff1607(m): 9:05pm On May 29, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Women from divorced homes tend to also have failed marriages. If her mom could not make it work, there is little incentive for your woman to want to put in all it takes to make her marriage work.
These things tend to be a circle and it may be a pattern that runs in some families. Once divorce, child out of wedlock, drunkenness, gambling, murder, madness etc takes presence in a particular family, you tend to see it repeat across multiple generations. These things are very spiritual.

Always investigate the background of the person you want to marry. Some people should make excellent spouses but that negative family circle and pattern will always be fighting against them.

They also tend to walk away from marriages on the slightest issues ,since the mum did it she can survive
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Escapist(f): 9:08pm On May 29, 2023
isabi2lof:
What of males from divorced homes , so ladies shouldn't get married to them .

Only you said the lady is good , respectful and every other good qualities and yet you're not still convinced she's the one for you .

Nobody wish to get married and later divorced, it takes two to tango .

Will you act like her dad or will she act like her mom ??

I wonder why he is more concerned with stereotypes than the person he is dealing with.

1 Like

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by diogo23: 9:12pm On May 29, 2023
Letsmeet:
YES in capital letters
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by lonelydora: 9:16pm On May 29, 2023
kamtrix:

But what of in a case where the lady is well cultured and we'll mannered. The kind that you will never know her parents are divorced unless she tells you? And she is close to both her parents

I think you are blinded by love for now.

There's no way you won't know a girl that grew up in a separate home. It will always show.

If she followed her dad, you are lucky. Those that followed their mom have character issues.
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by cococandy(f): 9:17pm On May 29, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Divorce is very dangerous especially to the girl child.

Apart from the death of a partner, bringing up kids as a single parent should be highly discouraged
For some magical reason it only affects the girl 🙄🙄
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by cococandy(f): 9:17pm On May 29, 2023
Is there anything in this world that’s not a reason for them to discriminate against women?

isabi2lof:
What of males from divorced homes , so ladies shouldn't get married to them .

Only you said the lady is good , respectful and every other good qualities and yet you're not still convinced she's the one for you .

Nobody wish to get married and later divorced, it takes two to tango .

Will you act like her dad or will she act like her mom ??
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by cococandy(f): 9:19pm On May 29, 2023
Don’t mind them. The way they are talking as if divorcees are not from two parent homes.

Klass99:

You are better off knowing and understanding the sort of woman you plan to end up with in marriage.

I grew up in a two parent household, my parents are still married and living together in their 70's, I never witnessed acrimonious fights that led to threats of separation or divorce.

However, I will not hesitate to divorce a man in certain instances like these;

1. The day I have to treat myself for an STD and I know I didn't step out on him.

2. The day he starts clamouring for anal sex and trying to manipulate me into it

3. And other instances I feel too tired to type.

Dem no use marriage swear for me! So where another woman will stay to endure nonsense and stupidity, I will be long gone like the wind.

1 Like

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by harsysky(m): 9:21pm On May 29, 2023
There are different kinds of divorce if you ask me. We have a kind of divorce where an irresponsible dad or mum leaves his/her family. When you meet a girl or guy from that kinda divorce, you will have to use the advice you get here to judge them.

My take on this is try to know what could have caused the divorce when you are about to marry a person from a divorced home. Surely, it has a great toll on whom ever it happens to. It takes the grace of God for a marriage to last because the devil knows that the rot of a nation starts from destroying a family. From courtship, you should know whether you and your partner to be are intertwined or not. Provoke eachother and watch out how you settle your disputes. When you see that the person whether from broken home or not isn't ready to bring about reconciliation easily, flee for your life

1 Like

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by bolabadmus38: 9:21pm On May 29, 2023
Thegoodone13:
Don't make that mistake. I can't advise anybody to marry from a broken home. I'm regretting married from broken home now. I'm just trying my best because of my children, I could have divorce my wife since but I don't want my children to be trained by single mothers.

Very sensible decision
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by SmileDance(f): 9:26pm On May 29, 2023
Guava:
Very likely that she'll divorce you.
Why? Because you've not married her you're already looking for faults where there are none. What then would you do when you're married?

Please break up with her now. Thank you
There are good single men that'll love her better and gladly marry her if you don't. She's not her parents nor the cause of her parents divorce.
She's nice, respectful, understanding, bla bla bla yet you still dey find wetin no loss undecided
now this is it

1 Like

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by adanny01(m): 9:27pm On May 29, 2023
Letsmeet:

It takes 2 to marry and have a child but it takes 1 to divorce.

So. It depends on who caused the divorce and who the daughter takes after.

A polygamous or divorced man who is responsible for his way of life could pass the trait to a child genetically.

My opinion on this matter is that she could have the trait and you are responsible for knowing her traits. No one here can find that out.

My advice is to know the history of the divorce and which party was at fault then comparing her traits to that parent.

I have a friend who was from a polygamous father, his trait is not far off. He is not polygamous yet but I know if his wife makes trouble, he won't blink in making that decision. Infact, he didn't marry in church, only got to do traditional while she was pregnant. He emphasized that she had to be pregnant before he did the traditional.

Lastly, marriage is not all cozy, women naturally drive men to the edge, not every man can handle it and stay married.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Brush1: 9:28pm On May 29, 2023
gidjah:
Life is more spiritual than you think oga.Confirm from her history if there are divorce or Polygamy cases and if that's true ,I bet you , it runs in the blood .it is very spiritual no matter the excuses any of the party might Wana give .Even if it is not a pattern in the family,IT HAS ALREADY STARTED and likely to CONTINUE UNLES she is ready to stand her ground both physically and spiritually too. I understand few children here without the knowledge of spiritual reality would come out for me,but that's not a problem ,we would always say the truth as it appears.

You are wrong.
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by GistFullGround: 9:29pm On May 29, 2023
Yes
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Psammmy(m): 9:30pm On May 29, 2023
Letsmeet:

Not true in some cases. My wife of 15 years although white European, is from a divorce family, and her eldest 2 sisters are all married for long time too.
In some instance, these children, after seeing what thier single mothers went, will vow never to end up like that, or alternatively thread the same part of thier parents.. I think k it's either way
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by yommen: 9:30pm On May 29, 2023
kamtrix:

But I think his question is what is the likelihood that she will divorce him later in future. Scientifically it seems children from divorced homes are a lot more likely to get divorced

He answered already. Things usually have spiritual roots that won't easily go away.
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by kingviny: 9:32pm On May 29, 2023
My thinking was that haven seen the effect of divorce between her parents and grand parents, that she would be so strong willed to ensure it doesn't repeat itself in her marriage.

Unfortunately, even with the highest level of maturity and endurance to cope with her un warranted actions and sharp tongue, I really want out. But for my children's sake that's why I am still hanging on and hoping she would change .

To save yourself migraine headache in the future, go and pray about her . Forget about the acting before marriage that both ladies and men put up just to get married. It is a facade.

If Doctors need to scan to properly diagonise an ailment, why won't one use multiple prophetic confirmation to ensure one does not go wrong when making the most important decision of one's life. I didn't do this, and I am regretting it.

You can make or mar your life if you marry a narccisist . For if you are depressed in your marriage, how can you find happiness and peace ?

But if you have a clearance spiritually and she also exhibits good character, you can go ahead with her. The rest, you can always work on it. But don't ever ever marry a narcissistic woman.

Intellectual evaluation of a woman would fail you but Spiritual fundamentals would really help you for you need to be able to know who she really is !
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Cantona05: 9:39pm On May 29, 2023
Foodqueen:
If she have a good relationship with both parent especially her dad, then u can go ahead cos in her mind, she would really wish her parent weren't seperated.

But if she doesn't and always blame her father for everything, then move cos she will put her frustration on you.
.... take this advice.talk from experience
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Klass99(f): 9:40pm On May 29, 2023
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:42pm On May 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Divorce, is not infectious.......

A child from a divorced home, is more likely to avoid going down the path of divorce...... But thunder, might strike twice at the same spot....... 🤣😂
Any man or woman that was raised by a single parents will likely hate the opposite sex that raised him/her up, except he/her has matured before his parents separate. Take your time and visit any home of a single parents and see how the woman or man inconcates and feeds his little child's spirit with hates against the other parent that is not there for him. If he grows up in this manner, tell me how he will like to leave happily with opposite sex?
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by isabi2lof: 9:44pm On May 29, 2023
cococandy:
Is there anything in this world that’s not a reason for them to discriminate against women?

Absolutely, they discriminate women against everything in this world .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mother Of 7 Docked For Abducting Another Woman’s Husband / Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action / Nigerian Couple Who Got Engaged 3 Days After They Met,celebrate 16th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.