Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,247 members, 7,957,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:30 PM

Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? (21670 Views)

Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / Time To Divorce My Wife? / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Victor2707: 8:25pm On May 29, 2023
It is better to avoid her.

If you must marry her, then you must be a strong leader.

You must take the role of her father.

Correct her like a child whenever she is wrong, and reward her when she behaves well.

You should not get emotionally attached to her, so that you will be able to father her well.

In this relationship be ready to become a teacher.

Show and teach her the benefits of having a family stay together.

It is better to dump her, if you can't go through the stress.

Good luck.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by royalfly(m): 8:25pm On May 29, 2023
Fiscus105:
Not divorced per say, but girl that solely brought up by single mother (divorced or widow)

Many hardly known how to lived under husband.

Same with the brought up by a domineering woman even with the father at home. They find it difficult to live with a man and not rabel
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Kingcalls: 8:25pm On May 29, 2023
Pure No No... especially women

2 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Kobicove(m): 8:25pm On May 29, 2023
kamtrix:

But what of in a case where the lady is well cultured and we'll mannered. The kind that you will never know her parents are divorced unless she tells you? And she is close to both her parents

Divorce is part of modern society therefore people should not be descriminated against based on it
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by bolabadmus38: 8:26pm On May 29, 2023
It's 80% possible because of the experience the lady must have had then. The lady will sometimes bring her experience and it only take God intervention to sustain such marriage because the behavior from that woman will be alien to the man. Seriously, speaking a Man should as a matter of necessity find out the real cause of the separation of his fiancee's parents so that he will know whether to continue with her or learn how to manage the situation when it comes .For example,if a lady is from a narcissistic background,the Man may find it difficult to cope which can result in separation.
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by royalfly(m): 8:27pm On May 29, 2023
Victor2707:
It is better to avoid her.

If you must marry her, then you must be a strong leader.

You must take the role of her father.

Correct her like a child whenever she is wrong, and reward her when she behaves well.

You should not get emotionally attached to her, so that you will be able to father her well.

In this relationship be ready to become a teacher.

Show and teach the benefits of having a family stay together.

It is better to dump her, if you can't go through the stress.

Good luck.

Good but doing all that guarantees nothing. Only if she is willing
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by sonofthunder: 8:29pm On May 29, 2023
Letsmeet:
Please everyone, what's your opinion on this?
Is it wise to date a young lady from a divorced home?
If She is very nice, quiet, respectful, the most understanding person in the world, doesn't even quarrel. Has a good job and many other good qualities.
But if her parents are divorced, and live in the same area, and she lives with both of them.
What is the likelihood of her divorcing in future? Anyone with similar experiences please?

How does she handle difficult issues/situations. Especially when they aren't going her way clearly.
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Klass99(f): 8:29pm On May 29, 2023

5 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Powersurge: 8:32pm On May 29, 2023
kamtrix:

But I think his question is what is the likelihood that she will divorce him later in future. Scientifically it seems children from divorced homes are a lot more likely to get divorced

What am about to say are statistical facts. However, there is always an exception to every rule. And humans have complex nature.

1. A girl from a divorced home is more prone to divorce than the ones raised by both parents. Just as a man raised by a single mother is prone to either be a criminal or been a simp (over 70% of criminal males in US prisons are raised by single mothers)

2. 95% (this is my own stats) of single mothers would pump poison into the mind of their children against their fathers. No single mother is ever guilty. It's always the father's fault. You raise a girl like that, you have already established anger in her against men. And the Idea that she can always step out of marriage at every slight misunderstanding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Victor2707: 8:32pm On May 29, 2023
royalfly:

Good but doing all that guarantees nothing. Only if she is willing

If she respect him, she will learn.

A woman will never listen to a man she doesn't respect.

Don't be with a woman that doesn't respect you.

4 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Adekaka12345: 8:32pm On May 29, 2023
frozen70:

No one enters into marriage to get a divorce

But situations and circumstances always lead to such

Children from divorced homes are not happy about it and will do everything possible to avoid being in that situation especially for the children

What caused divorce in home is the same thing another home managed to get through

So it's about individuals and their attitudes

In addition, the children from broken home didn't play any part in the break. It's a factor that cannot either affect or change.
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by DigitB: 8:32pm On May 29, 2023
If she was raised by her father then she's good.

Is she was raised by her mother, thread with care.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by apesinola001: 8:33pm On May 29, 2023
Yes.yes and yes

2 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by ackifemmy(m): 8:33pm On May 29, 2023
They easily give up in a blink on marrital issues..
Letsmeet:
Please everyone, what's your opinion on this?
Is it wise to date a young lady from a divorced home?
If She is very nice, quiet, respectful, the most understanding person in the world, doesn't even quarrel. Has a good job and many other good qualities.
But if her parents are divorced, and live in the same area, and she lives with both of them.
What is the likelihood of her divorcing in future? Anyone with similar experiences please?

1 Like

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Styluss: 8:34pm On May 29, 2023
There are people who are mentally prepare for a divorce, there are people who sees nothing good in marriage but just did what they had to do, Ive met people like that. Ive seen them and they are both from a broken home

frozen70:

No one enters into marriage to get a divorce

But situations and circumstances always lead to such

Children from divorced homes are not happy about it and will do everything possible to avoid being in that situation especially for the children

What caused divorce in home is the same thing another home managed to get through

So it's about individuals and their attitudes
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by razzydoo(m): 8:35pm On May 29, 2023
From this thread, you'll know likely divorcees. Better to dwell in the wilderness than to dwell with an angry and contentious woman...

3 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by aklion: 8:37pm On May 29, 2023
YES. Except they choose not to. But the forces behind it is higher. So it takes both her and her hubby to join hands against it. If not only her no go fit overcoming except God intervene
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Mayeldah(m): 8:37pm On May 29, 2023
Stop the sentiment, it is not hereditary!

There are children from homes where their parents are still together yet the lady or guy divorced.

If the lady is good, wife her!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Karlifate: 8:38pm On May 29, 2023
Nice2023:
Very,very likely.

Brainwashed children.

My friend is already experiencing same,he got married to this lady whose mum got divorced to by two men on different occasions and now,the same is happening to her with my friend.

U are just right.

Damn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Gyarah: 8:39pm On May 29, 2023
Sir, my opinion is that, the likely chances of her opting for a divorce is high. However, it equally depend on her upbringings/exposure, especially if she has had an encounter with God.

In conclusion, I'll like to suggest that you prayerfully consider your options, because it is not oh him that wileth nor of him that runneth, but it is of him whom the Lord showeth mercy.

The Lord show you mercy my dear

2 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Shokoloko(f): 8:40pm On May 29, 2023
Curiouscity:

If and only if she will be sincere. This is good start.

Op, If she is sincere and discusses it openly with you, telling you how such divorce could have been avoided, then go ahead.

But from experience, most girls from divorce home tend to be too secretive about the divorce, and even about their private life.

Discovery of this secrets, and sometimes lies give rise to trust issues, then if not well managed, divorce. The circle continues.
Wait, so the girl is supposed to tell the suitor how her parents divorce could have been avoided??
She is also supposed to know the root cause and expose it to the whole world.
Really??

2 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Karlifate: 8:43pm On May 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Divorce, is not infectious.......

A child from a divorced home, is more likely to avoid going down the path of divorce...... But thunder, might strike twice at the same spot....... 🤣😂

Maybe Thor landed on the spot, twice. cheesy
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Styluss: 8:44pm On May 29, 2023
Same as me, when I use my parents as a case study how marriage works, she would say she will only do her best, and if it dosent work, then she move on, that day, I decided this girl is just for knacks and she remained so till she got tired.
ebenezary:
Yes o, l met a lady, she was living with her single mum, she said no big deal in divorce and she doesn't care if her marriage end the same, wetin l know
I just walk away gently

Bring your permanently limited PayPal account funds for withdrawal always at your service
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by BrutusOj(m): 8:46pm On May 29, 2023
Like someone said above, somethings are spiritual. I met a lady whose mum was divorced. The aunt who is a younger sister to her mum married within the period I was with her, I asked of her aunt some months after her (aunt) wedding, she told me the marriage had crashed. I began to advise myself oo. I lost interest.

1 Like

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Exceed15: 8:47pm On May 29, 2023
Before "love" carry you go the answer is YES. I can prove it . A girl from a broken home is more likely to end up as one. They can be all nice , respectful etc to prove other wise but when they enter the marriage proper she begins to exhibit some characters.

The worst are the ones raised by a single mother. She'll be raised to stand up against men, defensive and hard hearted. I pity anyone who Marry woman from a divorced home.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Karlifate: 8:47pm On May 29, 2023
Styluss:
Highly likely, they are messed up mentally.
I have dated two of them, they are both same, they see guys as cheaters and they have this believe that no matter the efforts they put in place, the union still not work becos men are scum
They lost the zeal for Love

So many [mentally] messed up people out there. ☹️
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Skyehigher1: 8:48pm On May 29, 2023
70 percent possible because even no matter how good that girl maybe there some things that can happen even if it is just lightly can cause your own divorce. In my own perception divorce is a cause that can be regenerate
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Guava: 8:48pm On May 29, 2023
Very likely that she'll divorce you.
Why? Because you've not married her you're already looking for faults where there are none. What then would you do when you're married?

Please break up with her now. Thank you
There are good single men that'll love her better and gladly marry her if you don't. She's not her parents nor the cause of her parents divorce.
She's nice, respectful, understanding, bla bla bla yet you still dey find wetin no loss undecided

5 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Favourchris(f): 8:50pm On May 29, 2023
kamtrix:

But what of in a case where the lady is well cultured and we'll mannered. The kind that you will never know her parents are divorced unless she tells you? And she is close to both her parents

Exception are never the standard, research and figures shows that kids from divorced homes are likely to divorce them selves… just search u will see the report
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by vickydevoka(m): 8:50pm On May 29, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Divorce is very dangerous especially to the girl child.

Apart from the death of a partner, bringing up kids as a single parent should be highly discouraged
Very right. Happened to someone I know
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Yomit71(m): 8:50pm On May 29, 2023
kamtrix:

She might have a big dislike for anything divorce (broken home) because of her sad experience about her parent's divorce. So that makes the intelligent ones crave for a happy family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? / Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? / 'my Husband Is Stingy, He Goes To Market To Buy Foodstuff' - Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.