Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal (68825 Views)

Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos / Tinubu Announces Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff, Akume As SGF / Petrol Queues Resurface In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Tflex01: 4:28pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:
This is not a good sign the first reaction to his govt is Fuel scarcity, Nigerians have started suffering from day 1 of Tinubu govt ..This is not a good sign , let's see how the first week goes

Congratulations to you. grin
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by inoki247: 4:28pm On May 29, 2023
Oboto700:
Ghana wey be like Lagos population.. don't even compare

I'm not comparing if Nigeria is splitted into 50 countries today with this our Mentality we all will still be looking for way to rip each other see the Cash crunch policy....

We no dey use any small opportunity play na how to milk am....
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by CodeTemplar: 4:29pm On May 29, 2023
nairalanda1:
Subsidy corruption is over, we hope.

congrats to infrastructural project corruption and every other corruption. RIP to petrol subsidy corruption.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by SalamRushdie: 4:29pm On May 29, 2023
blowjohn:

If he keeps quiet even u will not know why the queues are everywhere.

Let him be open and carry us along.

U can see that people have started hoarding the fuel. Nigerian citizens are very greedy and heartless people when money is involved.

Well, it won't last long

It will actually for the following reasons :

NNPC currently has low quantity in the country

Dangote refinery will not produce till early next year

TINUBU hasn't put his petroleum team in place yet so everything in that sector is running on auto pilot as we speak
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by prigoz(m): 4:30pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:
This is not a good sign the first reaction to his govt is Fuel scarcity, Nigerians have started suffering from day 1 of Tinubu govt ..This is not a good sign , let's see how the first week goes
This is Genesis, by the time he gets to exodus, your eyes will open but I pray that it will not swallow some believer of BAT. 😂 😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by MisterBanny(m): 4:30pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Okay fine then

I only pity the financially-disadvantaged Nigerians
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by OMBIIGA: 4:31pm On May 29, 2023
Guys the President statement is a policy thrust on fuel subsidy. Accordingly, the relevant government agency should apply maximum sanction on licensee or marketers hoarding petroleum products and profiteering. In either case consequent management applies.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by SalamRushdie: 4:31pm On May 29, 2023
MisterBanny:

I only pity the financially-disadvantaged Nigerians

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by XtraFortunes: 4:31pm On May 29, 2023
nairalanda1:

The subsidy removal announcement has been there for months, ever since the past government said that they won't fund the subsidy beyond June.

At the end, Tinubu just confirmed what has been old news. He won't continue the funding.

Oga, you want us to borrow again to fund subsidy? Shey you know that Obi and Atiku too were saying that subsidy has to go in their campaign.?

God knows I hate this new APC government, but on subsidy we got to face the reality, or we keep lying to ourselves at the expense of a growing deficit.

How many times have they removed subsidy? Did buhari not say there is nothing like subsidy? Have previous governments not removed it? Subsidy is a government scam on the citizens in Nigeria.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by ppogba: 4:31pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

He resumes at the office tomorrow, he has only been sworn in ..

Na tomorrow he go show up fro office

There is no sin in making a critical policy statement the day you are sworn in.
Buhari announced the movement of the theatre command fighting insurgency to the NE the day he was sworn it.
He never waited till he resumed.
Let us leave semantics of sworn in and resumption aside.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2023
Why announce when none of the refineries is working? Or they hope to use dangote refinery as naija own?
Wen NLC and TUC starts to protest now, they will call n tag it another thing from the east...
Its not a good way to start a govt that has a divided populace!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by nairalanda1(m): 4:32pm On May 29, 2023
XtraFortunes:

How many times have they removed subsidy? Did buhari not say there is nothing like subsidy? Have previous governments not removed it?

It's called a partial removal, yes the government was lying then....and that is why fuel no longer costs 15 kobo per liter as it did in 1981.

And government does that to reduce subsidy costs.

Finis.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by JJuanMiguel: 4:33pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

You need to free your mind and reduce your eagerness for bad news and bad things

2 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:33pm On May 29, 2023
dre11:
Petrol stations in Lagos started witnessing queues few hours after President Bola Tinubu announced that “fuel subsidy is gone”. Daily Trust observed that NNPC stations…

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-queues-resurface-as-tinubu-announces-fuel-subsidy-removal/

A ti kofa nle, ifa ti n she. Buroda enu jawaya yii to pe ra re ni President yin ti tun fa wahala fun awon to n joba le.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Harrynight(m): 4:34pm On May 29, 2023
The ONLY thing I will always ask of from Nigeria leaders is give me either light or fuel
And let there be motorable road

I know they're all corrupt and here to loots and makes life difficult for the poor masses
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by bukatyne(f): 4:34pm On May 29, 2023
inoki247:
Any filling station that hoard fuel without selling it out there license should be seized.....

Nigerians always trying to take advantage of everything....

Some month back Ghana remove Subsidy no single queue like this or fuel scarcity in derr country buh Nigeria greedy people everywhere....

@bold:

While this new government is not my cup of tea, the bold part of your post are the major issues.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by abibun: 4:34pm On May 29, 2023
What is bad in him having a supplementary budget to cater for that?
The same man that told us Jonathan was lying about subsidy
inoki247:

Like the Obi and Atiku y'all worship didn't say they won't remove Subsidy or you think 2023 budget comes with budget for subsidy....

No be say you guys really love the country is just that you hate it when the person dishing out the policy is not who you love.....

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by SalamRushdie: 4:35pm On May 29, 2023
ppogba:

There is no sin in making a critical policy statement the day you are sworn in.
Buhari announced the movement of the theatre command fighting insurgency to the NE the day he was sworn it.
He never waited till he resumed.
Let us leave semantics of sworn in and resumption aside.

That is different from this .. Tinubu made some good statements today one of which he said he will create 1 million jobs , that's positive even though he hasn't done it it will encourage Nigerian and the market but that subsidy announcement today was poorly thought out , he should have left it out today completely at least till he sets up his petroleum team. , If I was the one I won't even speak about , people will just notice new pump prices

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by blowjohn(m): 4:35pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

It will actually for the following reasons :

NNPC currently has low quantity in the country

Dangote refinery will not produce till early next year

TINUBU hasn't put his petroleum team in place yet so everything in that sector is running on auto pilot as we speak

Dangote already said they will start producing I'm July. They will get their crude frm nnpc.

Look it up frm google

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by nedekid: 4:35pm On May 29, 2023
inoki247:
Any filling station that hoard fuel without selling it out there license should be seized.....

Nigerians always trying to take advantage of everything....

Some month back Ghana remove Subsidy no single queue like this or fuel scarcity in derr country buh Nigeria greedy people everywhere....
Why will their license be seized? They bought the fuel with their money, if they like, they sell if not they keep. Subsidy has been removed, it is private business with private money.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by condralbedez: 4:35pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

He should have just kept quiet
One of the characteristic of someone that talks to much,he can't keep quiet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Britishpea: 4:36pm On May 29, 2023
Bobloco:

Oga stop typing gibberish

Tinubu, from day one has already thrown the entire country and its citizens into suffering

Na only you go suffer till death until you learn to see good in things and others. Otherwise your suffering go happen on earth and den go hear am for heaven

2 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by worksmart(m): 4:36pm On May 29, 2023
A welcome present from the Tinubu adminstration . I remain hopeful that he surprises me though sad
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by blowjohn(m): 4:36pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

That is different from this .. Tinubu made some good statements today one of which he said he will create 1 million jobs , that's positive even though he hasn't done it it will encourage Nigerian and the market but that subsidy announcement today was poorly thought out , he should have left it out today completely at least till he sets up his petroleum team. , If I was the one I won't even speak about , people will just notice new pump prices

U know tinubu already had the subsidy thing planned out. That's why he spilled it out.

He's someone that's into the know in the oil industry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by inoki247: 4:37pm On May 29, 2023
abibun:
What is bad in him having a supplementary budget to cater for that?
The same man that told us Jonathan was lying about subsidy

Lol do you think all this clueless people knows about Govt from outside if you were in dere Shoes naso u go dey see Govt like Paradise till u reach dere nd start seeing you've to embark on things you campaigned against...
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:37pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

We said it that that knee-jerk reaction of his portends bad omen for his government but his zombies were attacking me. I ignored them as I usually do.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:37pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Baba even 800 naira a litre we can afford can U?

Help me ask him.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by SalamRushdie: 4:37pm On May 29, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

You need to free your mind and reduce your eagerness for bad news and bad things

My mind is free , I am a strategist so I like to make calls , I remember I warned here 8 years ago that Buhari will achieve nothing after studying his early decision and I was right , bad action beget bad result it has nothing to do with me looking for bad news ..How can your first action less than 13 hours of inauguration is to trigger a needless fuel scarcity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:38pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Someone that has a runny mouth keep quiet? You are very funny.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by SalamRushdie: 4:38pm On May 29, 2023
yemi1504:

We said it that that knee-jerk reaction of his portends bad omen for his government but his zombies were attacking me. I ignored them as I usually do.

Exact you did and now we are there

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ezmans: 4:39pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

part one of tinubu suffering have started I told them they refused

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:39pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

We know we have to face reality , I am not saying he shouldn't remove subsidy I am saying he should have kept quiet about till he resumes office properly and evaluates the whole thing and take action not this kind of talk ..

Person with a runny mouth and knee-jerk reactions evaluate? You don't know this man at all at all!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months / MC Oluomo Talks Tough At Oshodi APC Mega Rally, Vows To End PDP In Lagos (Pics) / Yusuf Buhari In Power Bike Accident, Unconscious, Suffers Head Injury - DAILY NG

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.