Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal (68810 Views)

Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos / Tinubu Announces Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff, Akume As SGF / Petrol Queues Resurface In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Unrated900(m): 5:15pm On May 29, 2023
This is nairaland
Not cedisland

uote author=inoki247 post=123447395]Any filling station that hoard fuel without selling it out there license should be seized.....

Nigerians always trying to take advantage of everything....

Some month back Ghana remove Subsidy no single queue like this or fuel scarcity in derr country buh Nigeria greedy people everywhere....[/quote]
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:16pm On May 29, 2023
Dunno why you guys always view everything from petty tribal bigotry mentality.
FYI BAT is no longer APC Presidential candidate or Yoruba leader, he is Nigeria's President ( unless the courts says otherwise) and answerable to all Nigerians.
How can he announce subsidy removal without first forming a govt for effective monitoring of the implementation ?
Is he not aware that unscrupulous individuals will take advantage of the chaotic situation to impoverish Nigerians as the new govt is not settled ?
Who is his Petroleum Minister?
Which labour minister will negotiate with NLC if a protest should erupt tomorrow?

Laple0541:

Even if he waits till your so called right time, the queue will still happen, this is a serious and ready government, an everlasting solution will be preferred to the problem promptly.

4 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by J2381: 5:18pm On May 29, 2023
Octopusssy:
Nigerians are their own worst enemies.
All the more reason why he shouldn't have announced removing fuel subsidy. He is using his own hands to make his very nascent administration difficult.

He should just remove it when he likes without making any announcement. You don't tell a Nigerian man you want to do something, you do it and let him tag along, telling him you want to do this and that is only preparing him ahead to frustrate you.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by almarthins(m): 5:21pm On May 29, 2023
nairavsdollars:
#OccupyNigeria 2023

Abeg make we no start that one again o!
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Laple0541(m): 5:23pm On May 29, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
Dunno why you guys always view everything from petty tribal bigotry mentality.
FYI BAT is no longer APC Presidential candidate or Yoruba leader, he is Nigeria's President ( unless the courts says otherwise) and answerable to all Nigerians.
How can he announce subsidy removal without first forming a govt for effective monitoring of the implementation ?
Is he not aware that unscrupulous individuals will take advantage of the chaotic situation to impoverish Nigerians as the new govt is not settled ?
Who is his Petroleum Minister?
Which labour minister will negotiate with NLC if a protest should erupt tomorrow?

You just learned the highlighted phrase I guess? If not point to an iota of bigotry in my submission and if you can't learn to understand the meaning of words before using them.

2 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Algold: 5:24pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:
You have not put your petroleum team in place and you are standing in eagle square to speculate about fuel subsidy..this man is starting on a bad note
What do you expect from a sick fellow

2 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Tayoajii(m): 5:27pm On May 29, 2023
This is the new beginning of a new era.
God help him to end well as he has started well.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2023
I don't need a prophet to tell me that you are supporting this policy blunder simply because those criticizing it are IPOB in your little mind

Laple0541:

You just learned the highlighted phrase I guess? If not point to an iota of bigotry in my submission and if you can't learn to understand the meaning of words before using them.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by dmostcheerful(f): 5:33pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:
This is not a good sign the first reaction to his govt is Fuel scarcity, Nigerians have started suffering from day 1 of Tinubu govt ..This is not a good sign , let's see how the first week goes
Go and sit down, I don't support Tinubu but subsidy must go.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by benjaminlawson(m): 5:35pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

We know we have to face reality , I am not saying he shouldn't remove subsidy I am saying he should have kept quiet about till he resumes office properly and evaluates the whole thing and take action not this kind of talk ..

This is exactly what I think, he has not sat down weigh and study the situation, no proper planning, and just announced first official policy. That is why we missed Yaradua, when Obasanjo increased fuel price in the name of removing subsidy at the eve of his administration, he came and reverse it back, the past government claim they cant fund subsidy, in which they don't even know how much fuel we consumed, but subsidy is charged, the question is how did they come about subsidy cost without knowing actual consumption, these are things that a reasonable leader must first do before making a pronouncement that makes lives more difficult. In Nigeria corruption and inefficiency of leaders are burned by the poor, those who corruptly enriched themselves through inflation of quantity of petroleum we consumed were not jailed to recover the money, but masses have to queue for long hours and buy at higher prices, because of their corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Brushstrokes20: 5:36pm On May 29, 2023
He should have allowed dangote refineries to be fully operational before the pronouncement.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Goalnaldo(m): 5:36pm On May 29, 2023
He couldnt even wait. We have started suffering right from day 1

2 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Karleb(m): 5:38pm On May 29, 2023
grin grin
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by esemes256: 5:40pm On May 29, 2023
How much will the price of fuel be now?

If the supply is guranteed, the market will regulate itself. The new price will likely be profitable for Dangote refinery.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by orisa37: 5:47pm On May 29, 2023
THEY ARE TEETHING PROBLEMS THAT WILL SOON DISAPPEAR.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Octopusssy(f): 5:47pm On May 29, 2023
J2381:
All the more reason why he shouldn't have announced removing fuel subsidy. He is using his own hands to make his very nascent administration difficult.

He should just remove it when he likes without making any announcement. You don't tell a Nigerian man you want to do something, you do it and let him tag along, telling him you want to do this and that is only preparing him ahead to frustrate you.
Exactly!
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by obi58: 5:50pm On May 29, 2023
nairalanda1:

The subsidy removal announcement has been there for months, ever since the past government said that they won't fund the subsidy beyond June.

At the end, Tinubu just confirmed what has been old news. He won't continue the funding.

Oga, you want us to borrow again to fund subsidy? Shey you know that Obi and Atiku too were saying that subsidy has to go in their campaign.?

God knows I hate this new APC government, but on subsidy we got to face the reality, or we keep lying to ourselves at the expense of a growing deficit.

Bros I know this is a public forum but at least try to make sense.

Has Dangote's refinery started supplying the domestic market to ameliorate the effect of imported inflation from the imported fuel?

What social safety net has been provided to the masses to cushion the effect of the subsidy removal and the spike in inflation that would occur as a result?

For six months the Buhari government could not come up with agreed modalities to systematically phase out subsidy whilst making available palliatives then someone just comes and makes pronouncement overnight?

Is that how economic policy is formulated and implemented in same climates?
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by SalamRushdie: 5:51pm On May 29, 2023
dmostcheerful:

Where did I say subsidy must stay
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by obi58: 5:55pm On May 29, 2023
dmostcheerful:

The question is not If it should go but how it should go.

Subsidy came about because we were importing fuel.

If our refineries are able to meet our domestic needs then there would be no need for subsidy quite simply put.

Dangote just opened shop. They announced that their fuel will hit the domestic market in July and already subsidy is being removed. Is that not prelude to disaster? Till date we are still battling inflation caused by the border closure and COVID in addition to poor economic policies and now we are complicating same by the timing of the subsidy removal and the absence or lack of palliatives to ameliorate the expected economic shock it would cause.

This is like cutting one's nose to spite your face.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by spiralwedge(m): 5:57pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

He should have just kept quiet

I disagree.

He openly campaigned about this, it’s in his manifesto all along, everyone knows that he is passionate about removing it, and it’s no surprise that he mentioned it in his speech.

It’s good as he is hitting the ground running. He is not there to please everyone, but to have a goal and works towards it so that we can have a normal country

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Samogloby: 5:58pm On May 29, 2023
Another name for Tinubu is"problem" he started his first day in office to torment Nigeria citizens. TINUBU =FUEL SCARCITY
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by samuelson06(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:
This is not a good sign the first reaction to his govt is Fuel scarcity, Nigerians have started suffering from day 1 of Tinubu govt ..This is not a good sign , let's see how the first week goes

A wise person would first wait for Dangote to start selling and also ensure the modular refineries are working before announcing end of fuel subsidy. Now, he's introduced confusion into the system from day one. This is even in a country driven by oil. I wonder what he's going to do so Nigerians don't experience untold hardship that the subsidy removal is going to create.

2 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by eldoradoxx: 6:06pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Tinubu and his handlers are not as smart as many people think. Subsidy removal is policy that u don't wake up one morning without any arrangement and announce. You have to first of all ensure that the market is flooded with sufficient supply to discourage hoarding, you have to provide some palliatives like high capacity buses to convey people to and fro work before the economy adjust to subsidy removal. He did none, Buhari promax

2 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by SalamRushdie: 6:09pm On May 29, 2023
eldoradoxx:
Tinubu and his handlers are not as smart as many people think. Subsidy removal is policy that u don't wake up one morning without any arrangement and announce. You have to first of all ensure that the market is flooded with sufficient supply to discourage hoarding, you have to provide some palliatives like high capacity buses to convey people to and fro work before the economy adjust to subsidy removal. He did none, Buhari promax

I am afraid you are right
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by SalamRushdie: 6:10pm On May 29, 2023
samuelson06:

A wise person would first wait for Dangote to start selling and also ensure the modular refineries are working before announcing end of fuel subsidy. Now, he's introduced confusion into the system from day one. This is even in a country driven by oil. I wonder what he's going to do so Nigerians don't experience untold hardship that the subsidy removal is going to create.

I thought he was smarter than this ..there is total confusion, nobody is selling fuel
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Jboynokiaphone(m): 6:11pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Dobodobo04 shebi you can see what I predicted

You're right .

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by BJanta: 6:16pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

When

When it's your turn you can keep quiet. Or , can form your own government and keep quiet. He has done what he felt he should do. This is not a president every secondary school dropout will have need to send advice to.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 6:19pm On May 29, 2023
condralbedez:
Honestly

Abi
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by SalamRushdie: 6:19pm On May 29, 2023
BJanta:

When it's your turn you can keep quiet. Or , can form your own government and keep quiet. He has done what he felt he should do. This is not a president every secondary school dropout will have need to send advice to.

Sharap this is how people like you led Buhari to failure...When I here people that depend on others talk I know
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Mordecai(m): 6:23pm On May 29, 2023
inoki247:

What's self deceit Greedy people too much for this country this Year Ghana don remove Subsidy on dere fuel no single queue or scarcity...

Why always Nigeria having it differently....

The Citizens always looking for way to rip each other....

The excuses have started. From day 1...
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by nairalanda1(m): 6:25pm On May 29, 2023
obi58:

Bros I know this is a public forum but at least try to make sense.

Has Dangote's refinery started supplying the domestic market to ameliorate the effect of imported inflation from the imported fuel?

What social safety net has been provided to the masses to cushion the effect of the subsidy removal and the spike in inflation that would occur as a result?

For six months the Buhari government could not come up with agreed modalities to systematically phase out subsidy whilst making available palliatives then someone just comes and makes pronouncement overnight?

Is that how economic policy is formulated and implemented in same climates?

Well, at the end of the day, it does not make sense to keep on paying for subsidy.

Unless you want us to take more and more loans.

Subsidy must go now, or we would pay for petrol at IMF HQ, at a cost that would surpass anything you ever knew.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by BJanta: 6:34pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Sharap this is how people like you led Buhari to failure...When I here people that depend on others talk I know

Did I not say you're a secondary school dropout? ' When I HERE people ' So ,go back to complete your secondary school education, then you can return here to discuss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles / Again, Twitter Deletes President Buhari’s "Genocidal Threat" Video / Dibbo, Hajo Sani's Son Flaunts His New Mercedes Benz (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.