Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal (68807 Views)

Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos / Tinubu Announces Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff, Akume As SGF / Petrol Queues Resurface In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Octopusssy(f): 4:55pm On May 29, 2023
Nigerians are their own worst enemies.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Johans2023: 4:56pm On May 29, 2023
inoki247:
Any filling station that hoard fuel without selling it out there license should be seized.....

Nigerians always trying to take advantage of everything....

Some month back Ghana remove Subsidy no single queue like this or fuel scarcity in derr country buh Nigeria greedy people everywhere....
the number one greedy person is tinubu.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:56pm On May 29, 2023
condralbedez:
One of the characteristic of someone that talks to much,he can't keep quiet.

Abi. Saying the same thing too. And such lousy persons are bad administrators. Yar'Adua the best President in this dispensation along with OBJ were never this lousy *tueh*.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by pacesetting: 4:57pm On May 29, 2023
So, since it's already at play, what's the need to say it, or say it with a better language? "Subsidy is gone" and "we will remove subsidy" have different impacts.
nairalanda1:

Erm, subsidy removal has been basically on ever since Auntie Zainab, the outgoing minister of finance and money matters not covered by budget planning....stated that the budget for this year's subsidy would last through June.

Unless you did not want to believe it, this has been basically set in stone for months. It is just that most of us...even me, did not believe it.

Well, here it is.

In a way, removing subsidy was going to be like shock theraphy. No matter how nicely it was said.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Karlifate: 4:57pm On May 29, 2023
inoki247:

So one day the Govt must be bold enough to remove the thing and deal with any filling station that try to take advantage of people....

Go to Neighboring countries they're not selling dere own fuel they all prefer to snuggle from Nigeria and sell to people inside Keg....

And na still our people they steal or buy the fuel carry am cross border go sell ...

Any filling station that hoard fuel should be dealt with the indiscipline is just too much other Africa countries will start something and you will never see any crisis or them wanting to rip themselves....

They will now be using the money to do 'big man' & oppress the less-privileged.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:57pm On May 29, 2023
worksmart:
A welcome present from the Tinubu adminstration . I remain hopeful that he surprises me though sad

You had better shelf the hopes. The first action by someone usually says how they will be.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Samunique(m): 4:58pm On May 29, 2023
Seefinish:
This decision is too hasty. He would have studied the situation first before making any pronouncement. I support fuel subsidy removal
I didn't hear the president making it official, it's was just a speech about it.

I don't know where this news Is coming from...

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Johans2023: 4:58pm On May 29, 2023
nairalanda1:

The subsidy removal announcement has been there for months, ever since the past government said that they won't fund the subsidy beyond June.

At the end, Tinubu just confirmed what has been old news. He won't continue the funding.

Oga, you want us to borrow again to fund subsidy? Shey you know that Obi and Atiku too were saying that subsidy has to go in their campaign.?

God knows I hate this new APC government, but on subsidy we got to face the reality, or we keep lying to ourselves at the expense of a growing deficit.
Atiku would have removed in stages and the people will not feel it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:58pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

My mind is free , I am a strategist so I like to make calls , I remember I warned here 8 years ago that Buhari will achieve nothing after studying his early decision and I was right , bad action beget bad result it has nothing to do with me looking for bad news ..How can your first action less than 13 hours of inauguration is to trigger a needless fuel scarcity

Abi

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by ufotunang: 4:58pm On May 29, 2023
Nawaoooo.,.....I hope this your government will not be worst than Buhari 🙄

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by thatigboman: 4:58pm On May 29, 2023
This administration, my own na siddon look. I'm a made man, can take very good care of myself and my family till I die. But thunder will fire any hausa fulani or yoruba that will beg me for money during this administration. I trust myself. What I will tell them, they will forever regret begging me for money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 5:00pm On May 29, 2023
Johans2023:

Abi and it will not be a knee-jerk reaction like this one that puts people in immediate pains. Atiku could be a thief but anti-people policies like the usurper there will he never do immediately. You can now see the reason why I hate APC as a party no matter the person they present.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 5:02pm On May 29, 2023
Ezmans:
part one of tinubu suffering have started I told them they refused

Abi
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by inoki247: 5:02pm On May 29, 2023
Johans2023:
the number one greedy person is tinubu.

Lol the Obi and Atiku y'all worship are not greedy...
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 5:03pm On May 29, 2023
pacesetting:
He didn't say Tinubu should not remove it. He said there is no need saying it, because it will cause panic buying. Why is he already inviting chaos the first day in office?

You can say that again!
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by nairalanda1(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2023
Johans2023:

Atiku would have removed it totally

Plus all the 'removal in stages'...we have been doing somehting similar for years. It's called partial removal of subsidy, and it always ends up with us paying more when the cost of producing fuel rises.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Johans2023: 5:03pm On May 29, 2023
inoki247:

Like the Obi and Atiku y'all worship didn't say they won't remove Subsidy or you think 2023 budget comes with budget for subsidy....

No be say you guys really love the country is just that you hate it when the person dishing out the policy is not who you love.....
see mumu. Atiku will not stand in eagle square and announced subsidy removal without forming a government.
We know a failure when we see one.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 5:04pm On May 29, 2023
Rayban25:

I strongly believe agbado fc will start buying their own fuel for 10 naira per liter..bunch of kolo people

You dey mind them? Na until e land their head, na then dem go dey wail when every body don wail their own finish.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Bluffly: 5:05pm On May 29, 2023
Why are people so dsmn. Must they rush to the station
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by nairalanda1(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2023
pacesetting:
So, since it's already at play, what's the need to say it, or say it with a better language? "Subsidy is gone" and "we will remove subsidy" have different impacts.

cheesy

I don't like Tinubu, like you do, but all this grammar is getting towards pettiness.

The news has been out for ages. Subsidy would be gone by this time. It is we...yes, that includes me, that did not believe it.

We Nigerians do not like the truth atimes.

2 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Johans2023: 5:07pm On May 29, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Before wailers begin to wail. See screenshot below:

Ps, Buhari made no provision for subsidy payment for the month of June. He effectively removed it before he left office.
too early for the blame game.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by damoobaba: 5:08pm On May 29, 2023
Viltron:
This man shouldn't start his tenure by causing more pains even though he said he'd continue from where nightmare Buhari stopped

Everybody knew subsidy was going no matter who became President
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by ukaface(f): 5:10pm On May 29, 2023
Even the BATians will join the queue Abi them get free fuel station??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Johans2023: 5:10pm On May 29, 2023
MisterBanny:
Ok. The removal of fuel subsidy was already announced by the outgone administration and it will take effect from Next month, June. Tinubu only re-announced what was earlier announced. Even if Atiku or Peter Obi had won the election, they would still remove the subsidy. It's commonsensical to know this. But wailers will always find something negative to masturbate on
blame game has started.
As a president he can stop the removal until he form his government.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 5:10pm On May 29, 2023
Johans2023:
see mumu. Atiku will not stand in eagle square and announced subsidy removal without forming a government.
We know a failure when we see one.

Abi
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by diogo23: 5:11pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:
This is not a good sign the first reaction to his govt is Fuel scarcity, Nigerians have started suffering from day 1 of Tinubu govt ..This is not a good sign , let's see how the first week goes
Is there anyone that will go for you people? Please read about subsidy then come back and comment again

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by diogo23: 5:11pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

You love self deciet
I tell you
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 5:14pm On May 29, 2023
ukaface:
Even the BATians will join the queue Abi them get free fuel station??

Maybe den get as they dey defend this mistake pass this government themselves grin cheesy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by condralbedez: 5:15pm On May 29, 2023
yemi1504:

Abi. Saying the same thing too. And such lousy persons are bad administrators. Yar'Adua the best President in this dispensation along with OBJ were never this lousy *tueh*.
Honestly

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dahiru Saleh Is Dead! Judge Who Annulled June 12 Election Dies / Orobosa Sophia Igbinedion Weds Umar Ibrahim Mantu (Photos) / Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.