Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal (68809 Views)

Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos / Tinubu Announces Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff, Akume As SGF / Petrol Queues Resurface In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by inoki247: 4:40pm On May 29, 2023
nedekid:

Why will their license be seized? They bought the fuel with their money, if they like, they sell if not they keep. Subsidy has been removed, it is private business with private money.

Is a Private business why trying to sell Fuel you bought with Tax payer Subsidy money at high rate....

You guy's just like supporting Lawlessness....

When they start buying at high rate they can start keeping the fuel in dere tank and start drinking it....
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:40pm On May 29, 2023
Seefinish:
This decision is too hasty. He would have studied the situation first before making any pronouncement. I support fuel subsidy removal

Unfortunately, he is polar opposite of Yar'Adua SMH so you know he won't do that.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:41pm On May 29, 2023
Bobloco:

Oga stop typing gibberish

Tinubu, from day one has already thrown the entire country and its citizens into suffering

You dey mind am?
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:41pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:
You have not put your petroleum team in place and you are standing in eagle square to speculate about fuel subsidy..this man is starting on a bad note

Very bad note! You can see why I never supported him despite he being my tribesman.

2 Likes

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by SalamRushdie: 4:41pm On May 29, 2023
yemi1504:

Person with a runny mouth and knee-jerk reactions evaluate? You don't know this man at all at all!

LoL..the man doesn't even have a petroleum strategy team in place ooo😁😁
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:42pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

LoL..the man doesn't even have a petroleum strategy team in place ooo😁😁

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Also, no labour team in place for new minimum wage negotiations SMH.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by pacesetting: 4:43pm On May 29, 2023
He didn't say Tinubu should not remove it. He said there is no need saying it, because it will cause panic buying. Why is he already inviting chaos the first day in office?
nairalanda1:

The subsidy removal announcement has been there for months, ever since the past government said that they won't fund the subsidy beyond June.

At the end, Tinubu just confirmed what has been old news. He won't continue the funding.

Oga, you want us to borrow again to fund subsidy? Shey you know that Obi and Atiku too were saying that subsidy has to go in their campaign.?

God knows I hate this new APC government, but on subsidy we got to face the reality, or we keep lying to ourselves at the expense of a growing deficit.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by sonnie10: 4:43pm On May 29, 2023
ppogba:

1. He has resumed duty.

2. If not today, any day he announces it, be it june or august, the same scenario will play out.

Nigerians, we ALL are the same. Inflicting pain on others for personal gain.
This is not true. Effective Policy implementation is related to communication. Stakeholders consultations would have offered the appropriate approach, and an implementation strategy developed thereafter.
Nigeria economy is not only unstable but fragile and the slightest unguarded utterance could send the wrong signals with negative impact on the life of the people.
Ask yourself, why didn’t this panic start when the budget for subsidy was actually removed?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Bobloco: 4:43pm On May 29, 2023
Britishpea:

Na only you go suffer till death until you learn to see good in things and others. Otherwise your suffering go happen on earth and den go hear am for heaven

Abusing me won't change the fact that Tinubu made a blunder on his first day as president

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by skj1377(m): 4:43pm On May 29, 2023
The leadership of Buhari is a failure. The actual cost of crude from a producing nation is $6 to $12 dollars per barrel. The market price of $85 is due to the demand from wealthy Nations . In the heat of the pandemic fuel was sold as low as $8 per barrel despite all opic cuts to production.

The question to answer is how do you produce crude from Nigeria at a production cost of $6 sell it to wealthy Nations at $85 then still go ahead to buy petrol from those same people you sold the crude to after they have added their profit, then incure additional cost of shipping the finished product back. Only to tell your people that your paying subsidies
The second question is how difficult is it to fabricate a local refinery, fractional distillation of crude can't be that difficult, granted the first refinery was probably built in 1908. Am sure the technology can't be beyond the reach of our capable universities and their students.
I wonder how long it will take the federal government to look inwards for solutions to Nigerian problems .
The huge amount of foreign exchange expended in the last 25yrs on importation of petrol into the country could have made Nigeria a more habitable country.
Let's see how Tinubu resolves the crisis in few days time when fuel will be selling at N750 per liter just above the price of diesel.
It is well.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by onuman: 4:43pm On May 29, 2023
Next day; Tinubu must also commence political restructuring of Nigeria; subsidy removal and political restructuring of Nigeria 🇳🇬 have been two signature tunes of Tinubu's politics since the 1990s.

It's most fraudulent to say that the National Assembly is the place to carry out political restructuring of Nigeria.

The National Assembly is unduly overpopulated by legislators from the core northern region as a result of the undue large number of states created by northern military dictators in the core northern region.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 29, 2023
yemi1504:

Very bad note! You can see why I never supported him despite he being my tribesman.

I strongly believe agbado fc will start buying their own fuel for 10 naira per liter..bunch of kolo people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:45pm On May 29, 2023
osuofia2:
Oboy no be small que. Immediately Tinubu pronounce it. See que every where for Abuja.

Hmmmm
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by DJInfluence: 4:46pm On May 29, 2023
These fuel stations are crooks. The supply they have is already subsidised but they want to hoarding it so they can sell at increase price thereby making 4 times the profits they are currently making.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:46pm On May 29, 2023
mbahdi:
Tinubu is a slowpoke
He will be worst dan d dick head buhari.tnk God am no longer a student cause I can never call Tinubu my president

Me too! He is definitely not my President.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by ozo13(m): 4:47pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Dobodobo04 shebi you can see what I predicted
all the major candidates in the last election (Obi, Atiku,Tinubu and kwankwaso) agreed fuel subsidy must go so no big deal
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Jagabanarmy: 4:48pm On May 29, 2023
dre11:
Petrol stations in Lagos started witnessing queues few hours after President Bola Tinubu announced that “fuel subsidy is gone”. Daily Trust observed that NNPC stations…

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-queues-resurface-as-tinubu-announces-fuel-subsidy-removal/

I don't think announcing it now is necessary because I knew filling stations will start hoarding fuel. Since dangote's refinery is coming on and we expected it to start functionally full by August then the subsidy will be removed. It can't be removed now as long as we aren't refining locally. I support subsidy removal but not now until dangote's refinery can supply our local consumption
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by pacesetting: 4:50pm On May 29, 2023
Allow them to wail, is it your wailing. Any govt without a strong criticism has already failed. Abi you want everybody to agree on everything?
MisterBanny:

Una go wail tire
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by ubox: 4:50pm On May 29, 2023
tobenuel:
Dem announce something for Abuja, buh na Lagos go first bear the heat.. Dangote na confirm monopoly him be
This is an incentive for other refineries to spring up
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Jagabanarmy: 4:51pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Exactly
Absolutely, he should have waited when dangote's refinery is functioning fully and can supply our local consumption. It's a hasty decision

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by MisterBanny(m): 4:51pm On May 29, 2023
pacesetting:
Allow them to wail, is it your wailing. Any govt without a strong criticism has already failed. Abi you want everybody to agree on everything?

Criticism is fine, no qualms. But do so with Sense.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yaki84: 4:51pm On May 29, 2023
You announced subsidy on ur first day in office...
Now all filling stations are in the dark cos there is no agency now saddle with the responsibility of fixing price of petroleum products..

Most independent stations won't open till they get the official price of fuel.

So let's braze up for another era.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemi1504: 4:52pm On May 29, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
Why announce when none of the refineries is working? Or they hope to use dangote refinery as naija own?
Wen NLC and TUC starts to protest now, they will call n tag it another thing from the east...
Its not a good way to start a govt that has a divided populace!

Abi. You can see why we said he should not be anywhere close to the corridors of governance! Nigerians made another costly mistake in voting him which of course they did on tribal and religious sentiments as usual. We will all bear the pains for that foolish decision.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by JJuanMiguel: 4:52pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

My mind is free , I am a strategist so I like to make calls , I remember I warned here 8 years ago that Buhari will achieve nothing after studying his early decision and I was right , bad action beget bad result it has nothing to do with me looking for bad news ..How can your first action less than 13 hours of inauguration is to trigger a needless fuel scarcity
You think the problems of Nigeria are the politicians alone?

70 of the problems are from the citizens themselves.

There's no fuel scarcity, many fuel stations out of greediness have stopped selling the fuels they have in their reservoirs, waiting for when they can be able to sell at higher price cos of greediness.
It's the same greediness that push you people to crimes, fraud and all sorts of vices
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by ppogba: 4:52pm On May 29, 2023
sonnie10:

This is not true. Effective Policy implementation is related to communication. Stakeholders consultations would have offered the appropriate approach, and an implementation strategy developed thereafter.
Nigeria economy is not only unstable but fragile and the slightest unguarded utterance could send the wrong signals with negative impact on the life of the people.
Ask yourself, why didn’t this panic start when the budget for subsidy was actually removed?

Very well said.

I can deduce your are not arguing based on sentiment with this your comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Johans2023: 4:53pm On May 29, 2023
Good! Una never see anything.
Tinubu is coming to finish you people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by nairalanda1(m): 4:53pm On May 29, 2023
pacesetting:
He didn't say Tinubu should not remove it. He said there is no need saying it, because it will cause panic buying. Why is he already inviting chaos the first day in office?

Erm, subsidy removal has been basically on ever since Auntie Zainab, the outgoing minister of finance and money matters not covered by budget planning....stated that the budget for this year's subsidy would last through June.

Unless you did not want to believe it, this has been basically set in stone for months. It is just that most of us...even me, did not believe it.

Well, here it is.

In a way, removing subsidy was going to be like shock theraphy. No matter how nicely it was said.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by onuman: 4:53pm On May 29, 2023
ozo13:
all the major candidates in the last election (Obi, Atiku,Tinubu and kwankwaso) agreed fuel subsidy must go so no big deal
At times, Petroleum products are more scarce and more expensive in the Niger Delta region than in Daura.
Fuel subsidy is a distortion of reality.
Unitary government does nobody any good.
Restructure Nigeria politically now in a National CONFAB.

1 Like

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Jagabanarmy: 4:54pm On May 29, 2023
ozo13:
It's a big deal ooo. I support subsidy removal but not now until dangote's refinery is functioning fully because oil importation is dollarized. The pain will be too much for our people. It's a hasty decision and it can't stand for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ofemannnu: 4:55pm On May 29, 2023
dre11:
Petrol stations in Lagos started witnessing queues few hours after President Bola Tinubu announced that “fuel subsidy is gone”. Daily Trust observed that NNPC stations…

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-queues-resurface-as-tinubu-announces-fuel-subsidy-removal/

I have noticed it since last week.It didnt start today.
It is a must.Fuel subsidy must go.
Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Karlifate: 4:55pm On May 29, 2023
inoki247:
Any filling station that hoard fuel without selling it out there license should be seized.....

Nigerians always trying to take advantage of everything....

Some month back Ghana remove Subsidy no single queue like this or fuel scarcity in derr country buh Nigeria greedy people everywhere....

Yet, the most religious grin grin

Always attending church programmes & other religious gatherings, but very wicked angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal by Laple0541(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

We know we have to face reality , I am not saying he shouldn't remove subsidy I am saying he should have kept quiet about till he resumes office properly and evaluates the whole thing and take action not this kind of talk ..

Even if he waits till your so called right time, the queue will still happen, this is a serious and ready government, an everlasting solution will be preferred to the problem promptly.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles / Again, Twitter Deletes President Buhari’s "Genocidal Threat" Video / Dibbo, Hajo Sani's Son Flaunts His New Mercedes Benz (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.