Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? (12926 Views)

Poll: Are you tired of being single?

Yes: 62% (106 votes)
No: 37% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / #singles Only: 9 Different Types Of Sex You Should Have Before You Get Married / Ashamed And Tired Of Being A Virgin... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by aloyemeka1: 12:46am On Sep 29, 2011
Are you tired of being single or are you still enjoying your status as a single man/woman?. If you are tired of being single,  what made you get tired of the singles lifestyle and  what efforts are you making to hook up with someone?.

PLZ-Vote
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by HighChief4(m): 1:23am On Sep 29, 2011
Being single is not a crime thou
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 29, 2011
I'm tired of being single. I need a smushing partner asap
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by aloyemeka1: 2:03am On Sep 29, 2011
REALITY101:

I'm tired of being single. I need a smushing partner asap

Don't you have a mango tree in front of your house?.

1 Like

Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Ranoscky(m): 2:17am On Sep 29, 2011
Comment loading. . . .98%
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 29, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Don't you have a mango tree in front of your house?.

Is that where you normally stick your d1ck into? undecided
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 29, 2011
Being single gives a person so much freedom and its good to learn to be comfortable with that and enjoy it. But as humans with needs for companionship, at some point we all want to share lifes experiences,ups,downs etc with another. And we cant cuddle up at night alone!
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Dyt(f): 7:26am On Sep 29, 2011
Yh ryt
i expected d poll
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Vicjustice: 8:05am On Sep 29, 2011
It is not a bad thing to be single, many western people prefer to be so all their lives, but unfortunately, a single person in Nigeria attracts many negative interpretation, some might even be labelled as barren or impotent (if not eunuch)
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Tosinville(m): 9:06am On Sep 29, 2011
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by hassymo5(m): 10:01am On Sep 29, 2011
from the way marriages are down these days. married men goin afta young ladies, women also cheating, with this im happy to be single till when im ready !!!!
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 29, 2011
I miss being in LOVE! U know the kind of love that u can't just get tired of the girl. I had it once and it has evaded me ever since!
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by freecocoa(f): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2011
Being single can be fun but it gets lonely most times cos I miss the companionship and bond I had with my ex,I miss being in love and a relationship.
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by danben(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2011
Being single is not a disease and one should not be tired untill s/he is ready
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by bizgirl(f): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2011
am damn tired ot this single life, sleep alone, wake alone, think alone, take decision alone and a lots of "ALONEs".
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by chynwaa(f): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2011
YES i am , b/c  married life brings respect and keep you away from distractions, with all the presures from family and frieds, seeing your frreinds with their spous in a happy mode all the time ,not cat and rat, i pray God will give me that kind of happy home, amen, marriage is very imporrtant if not, God would'nt have made eve from adam, i realy dont like the single life though you have your freedom but you realy need a companion in life,

wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by jnrprof(m): 10:32am On Sep 29, 2011
I've single my entire life and i'm ready to change that status, not because of anybody but because i just feel the time is right.
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by SwiftSMS(f): 10:34am On Sep 29, 2011
bizgirl:

am damn tired ot this single life, sleep alone, wake alone, think alone, take decision alone and a lots of "ALONEs".

You cracked me up, LOL grin

@ topic/question

Not yet, I love being single and I am enjoying it.For me this is the time to invest in my hobbies, discover new interests and explore since I am not tied into a relationship and it's the time to just go out there & do somethings I've always wanted to do.

I'm actually using this time to make myself a better person and just getting involved in the things I love. Am not stressing about boyfriends & marriage when the time comes love will find moi cheesy
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Tosinville(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2011
I love p1mpin'
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Ofido(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2011
freeTobacoo sorry freecocoa when am here with you and you are stil missing him, Chei, !!!!!!
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by estman: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2011
Being Single can be very frustrating and sometimes its hard to understand when there are too many ladies out there seeking for love, i still can get it

but i know that soon Love will come knocing on my door, and i wont hestitate a bit to open,
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by IbroSaunks(m): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2011
nah, yeah it sucks sometimes, but generally i like having me-time. And i have plenty of distractions diverting my attention from relationship issues.
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by manchy7531: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2011
its not bad to be single but when a i meet a girl and she tells me how fun it is being single and that she is not ready for any kind of emotional relationship but one way or the other we find ourselves in the room and OK it happens.fine. but its funny to see that this same girl that has be having fun as a single lady will turn out to be a pest on you cos she will just keep calling and wanting more and putting pressure on you to ask her out so we can seal the relationship and make it formal and defined.does that mean that she has forgotten that is is fun being single or she actually wants a relationship just that she was trying to make me feel she is ok and secure be single or maybe she has just found the right people she looking for in me.in the first place i thought we where having a fling which is one of the reason she is enjoying being single so that she can Bleep all the guys that she likes and owe nobody any explanation(boyfriend), pls its funny ladies
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by mopol2(m): 11:21am On Sep 29, 2011
single for life , still counting grin
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by frenchman2: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2011
All the guys who have posted a reply, let me tell you why you're still single;
financial constraint, period. Admit it and stop fooling anybody here
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by eminemkayc: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2011
Yep . . am enjoying it. drive to work in the mornings, come back in the evenings, put on the home theater, play EMINEM feat ROYCE Da 5'9 (fast lane) or DRE's KUSH so loud without a lady screaming from the kitchen " turn down the volume ooo" . . .the next day comes up and the cycle repeats itself. . grin grin

so much peace of mind. . . wink
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by tonylane: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2011
im single and dont last with girls but i see a guy and fall in love immediately that i sometimes have erection,i think im g.a.y
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by joanana(f): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2011
If u feel that being single is tiring, please read the article below, grin grin grin

Diary of a Mad Single Nigerian Woman

There is a general misconception that every single woman is praying day and night, for a spouse. This is incorrect. Personally, I find myself praying more about my career and bank account balance than I do about a potential life partner.

This isn’t an article about how I don’t need a man or how men aren’t important. Truth be told, men are important and marriage, when done properly, can be a wonderful thing. But I have come to the realization that marriage is a part of life and not life itself. I came to this realization a few years ago. There I was, 27, single and heart broken over another failed relationship when the thought hit me. “Glory, what if God, has decided that you won’t get married for another 5 years? Are you really going to spend the next 5 years of your life, throwing pity parties and wondering if the next guy, who says ‘hello’ is the one? Surely, there has to be something more fulfilling to do with your time”. There and then I made my decision to focus on things that were within my control. i.e. finishing graduate school, my career, focusing on building my character and other aspects of life.

It’s amazing what such an outlook does to your mind set. It’s utterly liberating. I no longer wonder if the guy I met last week Saturday, is going propose in 6 months. I don’t spend my free time idly browsing through wedding dresses while sighing hopelessly and I find my emotions so at peace that I am able to be absolutely happy for all my friends who are currently in fabulous relationships, engaged or married. Unfortunately those around me are not so liberated in their own thinking.

A few weeks ago, a friend of a colleague came to the office, sporting a baby bump. I congratulated her on her upcoming bundle of joy and new marriage. Only to find her praying for me and advising me to be patient, “that my time would soon come”. I thought it strange that someone who barely knew me would think that my congratulatory messages somehow masked any form of envy for her situation. I mentioned this to my colleague later in the day and she admitted she felt awkward about it too but mentioned that she had done similar to a single friend of theirs earlier.

I’d have put her actions down to pregnancy hormones, if I hadn’t experienced various versions of this ‘single woman needs a man’ attitude in various aspects of society. A friend of mine, recently, went to speak to her pastor about some challenges she was facing at work. After 30minutes of speaking with him, she left without discussing her problem. Why? Because the pastor had decided the bigger issue, was her unmarried status and began to pray about that instead. Another friend of mine complained to me about how her married friends completely cut her out of social activities because she always had a different date and their husbands think she is a ‘bad influence’.

Single men are also not excluded from this new form of single women xenophobia. For some reason, men think, hinting at the prospect of marriage is sufficient to keep any single women under lock and key. Recently, a guy who I had decided not to date told me he didn’t understand my reason for being unnecessarily picky. Apparently, my age didn’t afford me the luxury of time and since he had already told me he was willing to propose, in a few months, he didn’t see why I was being hesitant. Clearly, he had me mistaken for someone who actually gave a damn.

With these various attitudes, it’s no wonder some single women find life frustrating. Sometimes, I wonder if we actually want to get married because we’ve found the right person or because society wont leave us alone. You’d think with all the stories of divorce, people would be a little more careful before they said their ‘I do’s’. On the contrary, our society has made marriage into this utopia that is the answer to all things. Whereas, life itself still continues after marriage. The woman you are, your career, your values, education, financial status and character are still ingredients you need to make life pleasant after marriage.

I see getting married, like the days after secondary school when everyone was anxiously waiting to enter university. Some of my friends traveled immediately after the final secondary schools exams, while I waited to write JAMB. Those days, conversations were filled with who got what result, what school they got accepted into and what they were studying. Some people had to repeat various exams just to enter their preferred universities. Today, no one remembers any of that because we are all at enviable levels in our respective careers. The same is true about marriage, one day, in a few years time, no one will care who got married first or who got married last.

I think accepting being single is a big step in accepting who you are and giving yourself room to enjoy life and all it holds, instead of constantly concentrating on what’s missing. Most guys can spot a woman fishing for a proposal a mile away and will use that as a tool to play you as they see fit. But when you are a confident woman, who is about her business, you wouldn’t have time for any time wasters and only the truly serious men will be able to get your attention. The sooner everyone admits that there is more to life than being married, the sooner we single ladies can have some peace. We will all get married at some point, but in the meantime there are other things to get on with. There are places to visit, new people to meet, promotions to fill and money to be made! So please, the next time the urge takes you to pray about my single status, kindly include my need for a bigger account balance in such prayers. Many thanks!

1 Like

Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by dking123: 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2011
afraid of being cheated grin
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2011
joanana:

If u feel that being single is tiring, please read the article below, grin grin grin

Diary of a Mad Single Nigerian Woman

There is a general misconception that every single woman is praying day and night, for a spouse. This is incorrect. Personally, I find myself praying more about my career and bank account balance than I do about a potential life partner.

This isn’t an article about how I don’t need a man or how men aren’t important. Truth be told, men are important and marriage, when done properly, can be a wonderful thing. But I have come to the realization that marriage is a part of life and not life itself. I came to this realization a few years ago. There I was, 27, single and heart broken over another failed relationship when the thought hit me. “Glory, what if God, has decided that you won’t get married for another 5 years? Are you really going to spend the next 5 years of your life, throwing pity parties and wondering if the next guy, who says ‘hello’ is the one? Surely, there has to be something more fulfilling to do with your time”. There and then I made my decision to focus on things that were within my control. i.e. finishing graduate school, my career, focusing on building my character and other aspects of life.

It’s amazing what such an outlook does to your mind set. It’s utterly liberating. I no longer wonder if the guy I met last week Saturday, is going propose in 6 months. I don’t spend my free time idly browsing through wedding dresses while sighing hopelessly and I find my emotions so at peace that I am able to be absolutely happy for all my friends who are currently in fabulous relationships, engaged or married. Unfortunately those around me are not so liberated in their own thinking.

A few weeks ago, a friend of a colleague came to the office, sporting a baby bump. I congratulated her on her upcoming bundle of joy and new marriage. Only to find her praying for me and advising me to be patient, “that my time would soon come”. I thought it strange that someone who barely knew me would think that my congratulatory messages somehow masked any form of envy for her situation. I mentioned this to my colleague later in the day and she admitted she felt awkward about it too but mentioned that she had done similar to a single friend of theirs earlier.

I’d have put her actions down to pregnancy hormones, if I hadn’t experienced various versions of this ‘single woman needs a man’ attitude in various aspects of society. A friend of mine, recently, went to speak to her pastor about some challenges she was facing at work. After 30minutes of speaking with him, she left without discussing her problem. Why? Because the pastor had decided the bigger issue, was her unmarried status and began to pray about that instead. Another friend of mine complained to me about how her married friends completely cut her out of social activities because she always had a different date and their husbands think she is a ‘bad influence’.

Single men are also not excluded from this new form of single women xenophobia. For some reason, men think, hinting at the prospect of marriage is sufficient to keep any single women under lock and key. Recently, a guy who I had decided not to date told me he didn’t understand my reason for being unnecessarily picky. Apparently, my age didn’t afford me the luxury of time and since he had already told me he was willing to propose, in a few months, he didn’t see why I was being hesitant. Clearly, he had me mistaken for someone who actually gave a damn.

With these various attitudes, it’s no wonder some single women find life frustrating. Sometimes, I wonder if we actually want to get married because we’ve found the right person or because society wont leave us alone. You’d think with all the stories of divorce, people would be a little more careful before they said their ‘I do’s’. On the contrary, our society has made marriage into this utopia that is the answer to all things. Whereas, life itself still continues after marriage. The woman you are, your career, your values, education, financial status and character are still ingredients you need to make life pleasant after marriage.

I see getting married, like the days after secondary school when everyone was anxiously waiting to enter university. Some of my friends traveled immediately after the final secondary schools exams, while I waited to write JAMB. Those days, conversations were filled with who got what result, what school they got accepted into and what they were studying. Some people had to repeat various exams just to enter their preferred universities. Today, no one remembers any of that because we are all at enviable levels in our respective careers. The same is true about marriage, one day, in a few years time, no one will care who got married first or who got married last.

I think accepting being single is a big step in accepting who you are and giving yourself room to enjoy life and all it holds, instead of constantly concentrating on what’s missing. Most guys can spot a woman fishing for a proposal a mile away and will use that as a tool to play you as they see fit. But when you are a confident woman, who is about her business, you wouldn’t have time for any time wasters and only the truly serious men will be able to get your attention. The sooner everyone admits that there is more to life than being married, the sooner we single ladies can have some peace. We will all get married at some point, but in the meantime there are other things to get on with. There are places to visit, new people to meet, promotions to fill and money to be made! So please, the next time the urge takes you to pray about my single status, kindly include my need for a bigger account balance in such prayers. Many thanks!

Very articulate article, I must say! I really enjoyed reading it,
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Ofido(m): 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2011
Jouanana you are the bomb and i so much like that article, If only most lady's wil ve that kind of mind set the world wil be a better place. I once said in this forum that marriage is not and can never be the ultimate thing, that our ladys are very much talented and can inpact so much to our society but ther lazy so much in the name of marriage. I wish i wil see a lady like that to hook up with, Correct girl with a great future.
Re: Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? by Jenticles(f): 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2011
@Frenchman2 dats d fact hehehehe they'won't admit it even some ladies they all wanna settle down, who wants 2 be single i doubt it. Pls stop blabbing get a wife or husband n stop finding reasons 2 be single when its obvious u don't have a choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teenager Dies After Maturbating Straight 56 Times / Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? / She Doesn't Moan During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.