Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. (62208 Views)

Petrol Prices To Fall Over Refineries’ Take Off, Says Cardoso / Reno Omokri Compares Petrol Prices In Ghana And Nigeria / Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Image123(m): 1:56pm On May 31, 2023
Omoooo cheesy cheesy. Na work from home and online market be the way. It is going to be well. Time for Nigeria to take injection.
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:58pm On May 31, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Things are now very expenses, everythings have gone up. Baba Seyi no try o. This is not why I voted for you o

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Tinubu should be firm with his decision.

Criminals benefiting from the subsidy scam can cry blood, subsidy is gone, make dem go chop the one wey dey don save.

Funds for fuel subsidy will be invested in other sectors for the benefit of Nigerians instead of few criminals.

Yes, it will be difficult but for our good.

For those who said Tinubu is not their president, they can ignore this subsidy removal from Tinubu and comply with Peter Obi's contrary directive.

What are you saying now that Jonathan didn't say in 2012?

Yet the same APC, backed by you people online sold Nigerians a sack of shiit back then because they wanted to win an election.

What followed was a wholesale plunder of a nation's wealth by a few, powered by APC, now you're sounding all rational all of a sudden.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by ironheart(m): 2:13pm On May 31, 2023
OneTemplate:

You're right. No way to escape cynical, desperate and last minute exploitation of Nigerians by greedy and opportunist elements. Very few Nigerians will reject doing this if similarly placed because we are a nation of hypocritical crooks.

Like someone mentioned earlier, even some who have landed stock of PMS stock government has already paid them.subsidy component on will now look to quickly sell at post subsidy prices so they can 'hammer's overnight. It is the Nigerian way.

Still, this cynical profiteering can only lasts till Dangote refinery starts to operate formally. Then it is all over for the multi-level operators who have been scamming Nigeria for decades with the subsidy largesse which is probably the most organised, wicked and evil sabotage of itself any nation of the world is guilty of today.

Nigerians will have cause to rejoice and thank God once the many thousands or even millions of scammers involved in our oil and gas sector are rendered jobless by the successful deregulation of our downstream sector Dangote refinery and others will lead.

I am personally tired of walking into gatherings with many there proclaiming they are in 'oil.and gas' . Another way of saying they too are budding scammers looking for easy overnight wealth our unregulated and corruption-ridden oil and gas sector represented.

Now, those who will be made jobless, due to the new transparency and efficiency of our downstream sector, will have no choice but to face other sectors like education, Art, creative skills, entertainment, tourism, property development, healthcare, fitness, manufacturing, vocational skills training, agriculture etc, etc if they want to remain succesful and wealthy.

The easy billions of Naira many were making from being 'oli and gas players' is over. Imaging, for example, those who made a whole industry of fraudulent subsidy payment over-invoicing of government, with the assistance of their cronies in power, are out of business overnight.

Nigerian crooks and get-rich-quick fraudsters must now take their eyes of our oil and gas sector same as Government too must focus beyond oil and gas to diversify our economy and produce new areas of wealth and posterity creation for Nigerians.

best comment. You really do have it upstairs
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by blowjohn(m): 2:14pm On May 31, 2023
TriCee:
Here we go.

That subsidy removal was necessary, but the announcement was very ill timed.
It could have been removed without any public announcement. These leaders are really not in touch with the Nigerian realities.

Small talk like this causes panic and changes everything.

They can't hide it. The marketing thieves will spill in out and the government will look like liars
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Impera(m): 2:16pm On May 31, 2023
Government has mo business running mega stations. The government should completely hands off the down stream sector. Let everyone I.port and sell at N10,000 per litre or whatever they want...other sectors will simply adjust their prices accordingly. Let inflation runaway then prices will start responding to market forces of demand and supply...after some months they will come and say they are paying partial subsidy again

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Freebills12: 2:20pm On May 31, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
GeneralPula:
Subsidy ends by June ending and June is starting tomorrow..

Now, they’ve started selling at new price already. I assume they’ll do this for 30days!

From between May31-June31..

By July 1, What now happens? Will prices come down or goes up or remain this same?

I smell some sort of set up in this whole thing. Seem the previous government had it all in plan!

But it seem tinubu has/is trying to outsmart whatever plan, with the pronouncement..

Observation is on-going..

Blame game! Tinibu is person to blame, why announcement of subsidy removal when it is starting in July. He said categorically that subsidy has been remove without plan and meeting with stakeholders. Who does that?

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Flier: 2:28pm On May 31, 2023
They are selling it 300 naira in my area
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Bimpe29: 2:31pm On May 31, 2023
It shall be well with us.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Reckonsoft: 2:33pm On May 31, 2023
My problem is after removing subsidy, how sure are we, that this money will not be embezzle again

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Kaxmytex(m): 2:40pm On May 31, 2023
Team are u buying fuel at cheaper rate?

Yes
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by maasoap(m): 2:41pm On May 31, 2023
GeneralPula:

Now, they’ve started selling at new price already. I assume they’ll do this for 30days!

By July 1, What now happens? Will prices come down or goes up or remain this same?

I smell some sort of set up in this whole thing. Seem the previous government had it all in plan!

But it seem tinubu has/is trying to outsmart whatever plan, with the pronouncement..

Previous government has gone, he's the government now.
If subsidy payment ends in June ending, why starting May 29th?
If subsidy ends May or June ending according to the previous government, what happens to sending supplementary budget to national assembly?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by famology(m): 2:45pm On May 31, 2023
The government should not pay for subsidy for June.
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by nkemjacob2(m): 2:49pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Criminals benefiting from the subsidy scam can cry blood, subsidy is gone, make dem go chop the one wey dey don save.

Funds for fuel subsidy will be invested in other sectors for the benefit of Nigerians instead of few criminals.

For those who said Tinubu is not their president, they can ignore this subsidy removal from Tinubu and comply with Peter Obi's contrary directive. Tinubu is very insensitive in this matter

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by MrBONE2(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2023
tnerro1:
grin grin grin grin grin

Sai balabu

Yeah Bwana, my BaTu till 2031 grin

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Sermwell(m): 2:59pm On May 31, 2023
Ebenezer2021:
see this useless uniben law student claiming to be a filling station owner.
Foolish Peter obi supporter that thrives on lies and blackmail.
I'll post your pictures soon with a disclaimer
Am I supposed to be responding to this??

Go and check the meaning of "disclaimer" and tell us how it fits to this your comment?? Illiterate oshi grin grin

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by DatNiggaDaz: 2:59pm On May 31, 2023
Asswipemod:

Oga, that your line on buying fuel is old record already. You keep repeating it like doing so will inflict any damage on me. But of course that's the major problem you have. You're just projecting. Pẹlẹ, ehn. Your medicine please!
Old record grin grin l said you are in a constant state of disillusion.

Your emilokan just did his gazelle fuel scam 2 days ago. By the time you finish shouting emilokan at diffrent fuel station wirh your APC membership, you will get it at 130 per litre grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Abuventure: 3:08pm On May 31, 2023
Octopusssy:

Na you no well. Shey na the government say make the marketers and fuel stations hoard fuel?
if I were among the marketers na two months I go board am. It's clueless to make them the scape goat

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Asswipemod: 3:11pm On May 31, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Old record grin grin l said you are in a constant state of disillusion.

Your emilokan just did his gazelle fuel scam 2 days ago. By the time you finish shouting emilokan in diffrent fuel station wirh your APC membership, you will get it at 130 per litre grin grin

Go and get your injection o. This your wahala is getting out of hand. If you think I am affected by your fuel wahala, you must be dreaming. Man up and face front. 😝😝😝
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by RighChannel: 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
YOU NEVER SEE ANYTHING.. JUST TWO DAYS IN OFFICE MR DRUGGIEE DON DEY DO UNA SHEGE

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by enemyofprogress: 3:22pm On May 31, 2023
stewiepeter:
😅😅😅 Oga am in Europe working as an engineer, check my quotes I left Nigerian since 2015. If you like keep opening your wide dirty smelling mouth and keep shouting big fool. You have nothing upstairs that’s why politicians are using you for their own agenda. Mumu Man
as if you no get family wey you dey send money to in Nigeria. Na all of go hear am, including you in diaspora
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by enemyofprogress: 3:24pm On May 31, 2023
codedguy1:

Imagine enemyofprogress complaining. What an irony.

You are an enemy of progress and you are complaining about not being able to progress in life after installing another supposed enemy of progress with your vote.
it is my fundamental human write to vote who I like
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by enemyofprogress: 3:24pm On May 31, 2023
egoldman:

Carry your APC membership card go filling station, you go get fuel at 185,same applies for transportation, foodstiff and other basic amenities.

If them no gree, tell them you are from same tribe as the president, if they still no gree then use the same religion format.

Agbadorians must get sense by force.
*Energy drink 250*
*Fuel ⛽ 600*

*I will drink energy drink and trek, if you see me for road no greet me ooo*
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by enemyofprogress: 3:25pm On May 31, 2023
imalexzoro:
Very vseless wailer!

e pain am

*Energy drink 250*
*Fuel ⛽ 600*

*I will drink energy drink and trek, if you see me for road no greet me ooo*
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Madups(m): 3:25pm On May 31, 2023
So there are at least 166 dumb beings here.. Cos i just cant comprehend how someone will like or share this.
LeoDeKing:

For those who said Tinubu is not their president, they can ignore this subsidy removal from Tinubu and comply with Peter Obi's contrary directive.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by OgbeniOja1: 3:26pm On May 31, 2023
You didn't state how much
SonicDre:
Fuel subsidy has been removed...save cost on fuel and time waiting on long queue's.

If you work I'm remotely, you can power your devices on the GO 🏁 A with this 72,000mah / 300w powerstation.

💻- Laptop
📱- Phone
🖨️ - Printer

🌍 Nationwide delivery

📦 Payment on Delivery via GIG Logistics !

Call or WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by edwardadex23(m): 3:27pm On May 31, 2023
"Funds for fuel subsidy will be invested in other sectors for the benefit of Nigerians instead of few criminals"

As much as the subsidy removal is good,what are the cushioning effects to aid the hardship on the masses ? What are the guide to curb further inflation ? We just don't need a leader but at this point a pure economist for our nation,Not just someone to bear the president title or to fulfil it's rightousness....When ignorant folks use the above lines and actually believe the above phrase, e de shock me. Na Today Niger**n leaders are like dogs ordered to guard a pot filled with fried meat...The good thing is if Dem born anybody well make he go protest against anything at any point in time&If God wan catch you join make dem come off light for protest ground,Then you will understand the real meaning of Democracy...Yes Goodluck Jonathan was corrupt but one thing he had was a soft spot for the masses at least,If they had allowed him removed this subsidy scam totally since his regime then I believe we would have made some development by now... 🤣🤣🤣....Welcome to 9ja Nollywood 4 years (Season 1)....Let the blame game begin...Until we all realize 9ja is being ruled and directed like a Nollywood script not until then would we have some sense !

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Satanistx: 3:31pm On May 31, 2023
GeneralPula:

it starts from may 31st read u no go read
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Ayomivic(m): 3:36pm On May 31, 2023
nlfpmod:
New NNPC Pump Price per state, regions - 31st May 2023

Source

It's cheaper in Lagos because the petrol is delivered to Lagos and distributed from there.

We can take this . Many Nigerians did not know the meaning of Subsidy that was the reason they kept silent especially the market woman and artisan. Some of them though fuel price would reduced if subsidy is removed.

We are already suffer in the hand of Buhari. Everything we buy in the market take away our hard earn money and the money is not flowing in the town . Only the LNC is fighting for the masses as of is the only one knowing what we are passing through.

We can buy fuel for #500 it is better the government lwa e the subsidy because it hold on our economic. If price of fuel is high again ,product and services would also high again. Do the government want to see us dying before they would understand that what man would eat is first of what he would do.

If food is out of poverty, poverty is minimized.

I am expecting this government to reduced the price of fuel, open the borders and make food avoidable for all people.

We want to see food surplus in the country at affordable prices . Electricity to be stable , those are what we want for now.

We would all eat food and drinks after not all of us would use this infastructurer you have in mind to spend the money of subsidy on.

What is the advantages of Dangote referniry to the Nigerian. It was refinery that Dangpte owes ,he did not owe crude oil. The crude oil belongs to Nigeria. What is the benefits of the Dangote refinery to the citizens of the country if the fuel price still can't reduce after we are not going to other countries to refine .

Economic is the first and the Petro hold the economy of this country

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by obaidan: 3:37pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Unfortunately those criminals benefitting from Subsidy are not the ones that will suffer the brunt of Subsidy removal without putting measures in place to alleviate the effect on the poor people of Nigeria. Subsidy removal should come after a free market system is put in place in the oil and gas sector. Without competition, dangote will be forced to keep the price as high as possible, except govt is now willing to subsidize dangote

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by xtervaganza(m): 3:43pm On May 31, 2023
Yoruba land as it is has the cheapest fuel in the whole of Nigeria

Make we finesse this presidency for 8 years abeg grin

Meanwhile in every ipob land offices

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter / Faces Of Suspected Boko Haram Prisoners Released Today / On Atiku Abubakar's Fresh Posters In FCT (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.