Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. (62195 Views)

Petrol Prices To Fall Over Refineries’ Take Off, Says Cardoso / Reno Omokri Compares Petrol Prices In Ghana And Nigeria / Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by DOptical: 12:19pm On May 31, 2023
saysoo:
You see how every Nigerian is grapping about this PMS hike, am worried of the ripple effects. May be our minute values may drop further.

Because most Nigerians are useless cold hearted thieving retards themselves. Tinubu shouldn't renege on his subsidy removal policy. In fact, he should take the marketers to court for having the audacity to sell already subsidised products at exorbitant prices! Such pump stations should be sealed off for life and confiscated! Are they mad?
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by emmyblow: 12:19pm On May 31, 2023
I was dreaming am now in USA, only for me to wake up and see my self in this wicked country called Nigeria, where leaders don't care about the poor massis. Only God will judge them

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Xano(m): 12:19pm On May 31, 2023
The subsidy money for June, where is it then?
Looted or its already paid for before 29th May crude oil refining outside Nigeria, before the man said no more subsidy.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Agadinaagwuofe: 12:19pm On May 31, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
How can the nnpc pre-roll out supposed post subsidy prices when mr president's announced date is not yet upon us? Is he losing control of his government already?

There was a front page news of NNPC MD meeting Tinubu yesterday so don't rule out this might be one of the instructions given out. So the government might be in support.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by BreconHills(m): 12:21pm On May 31, 2023
Binancian:

Lol suvs for sell go plenty. Ghana people use tiny cars cause of fuel costs

We will get sense by force.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Babawee: 12:22pm On May 31, 2023
Nigeria is a country that only God will save
this same issue happened in Haiti and we all knew the outcome...the government removed subsidy that the money will be channelled into infrastructure but reversed was the case
they embezzled the money and the country went into chaos
I pray we don't experience such,but this man in question is an elderly state man in corruption the money saved from the subsidy will later be embezzled and he will still borrow more funds in his government...this I have seen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Nchenches: 12:22pm On May 31, 2023
nlfpmod:
New NNPC Pump Price per state, regions - 31st May 2023

Source

It's cheaper in Lagos because the petrol is delivered to Lagos and distributed from there.

That's a New Nigeria. If you can't live in it, die.
Oyibo that created the impossible country even owns the crude oyel.
With trillion dollars earned from oil since the 1960s, Nigeria can't subsodise the living of its people.
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Babathanks(m): 12:23pm On May 31, 2023
Lordkratus:
what about people in the private sector? Would they increase their wage too? Minimum wage settles just a minute group of people
Is even few people that are working with the government. I doubt is going to affect state Govt too just only federal government ooo

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Mummyfour(f): 12:23pm On May 31, 2023
Sermwell:
When Nigerians keep electing stupid leaders, people like us will keep cashing out!!

I have already called my managers to sell at #550 per litre. Whoever cannot afford it should go and sleep!

When I said thiefnubuu's government will be a useless one some hopeless agbado nitwits thought I was joking.

I cashed out during Buhari's useless government, and now it's time to cash out under this corrupt government!

You guys should keep electing them for us! Na una go suffer am grin grin
bros abeg, I am humble o. Na beg I dey beg help me. Una when God do am, make una remember people like me
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by yaki84: 12:23pm On May 31, 2023
Kion:
But they said it will take effect from July 1st na
Why selling old stock at that ridiculous price all for excess profit gains
If they sell the old stock at old price, where will they get money to add and buy the new stock?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Kbidi: 12:23pm On May 31, 2023
Let's enjoy all these as it is ..... Obidients, Emilokan and others. This is our Nigeria, all of us dey inside. We go dey manage am as e dey.... If I hear say anyone wan Japa eeh,. The thunder.....infact is doing press up.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by kiddkash(m): 12:24pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Tinubu should be firm with his decision.

Criminals benefiting from the subsidy scam can cry blood, subsidy is gone, make dem go chop the one wey dey don save.

Funds for fuel subsidy will be invested in other sectors for the benefit of Nigerians instead of few criminals.

Yes, it will be difficult but for our good.

For those who said Tinubu is not their president, they can ignore this subsidy removal from Tinubu and comply with Peter Obi's contrary directive.

I thought yesterday, you said it is Igbos that have hiked the prices

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by yaki84: 12:24pm On May 31, 2023
Ventura1:
This should be for NNPC filling stations .
Others will sell higher
it shouldn't be more than 600naira
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Azularis: 12:24pm On May 31, 2023
As a nation, we deserve leaders, we get. Nigerians are wicked. This is not the government. Fellow Nigerians are wicked to one another.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by enemyofprogress: 12:25pm On May 31, 2023
stewiepeter:
You never see anything yet, stupid fool. When you start eating once in a week your eyes go clear. Shei nah tribalism full your empty head.
shut up ode! Na all of us go suffer am, including you the Obi supporters
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by davillian(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2023
Octopusssy:
Issokay. Selling the old, subsidised stock at the new price. Black man black heart
They shifted the effect of the new price to the consumers....
The increase is much and they don't want to handle it alone...
If they sell the stock for the old price
Capital and Thier profit might not be enough to purchase the products

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by pendragonbladgo(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2023
Sermwell:
When Nigerians keep electing stupid leaders, people like us will keep cashing out!!

I have already called my managers to sell at #550 per litre. Whoever cannot afford it should go and sleep!

When I said thiefnubuu's government will be a useless one some hopeless agbado nitwits thought I was joking.

I cashed out during Buhari's useless government, and now it's time to cash out under this corrupt government!

What do you know, that's the solution to eradicate poverty and corruption in the NNPC.

Have you travel abroad, see how things are so expensive but economic is stable.
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by yaki84: 12:26pm On May 31, 2023
ozo13:
no wonder even nnpc in my area were selling at usual price in the morning yesterday and was close to my turn , they suddenly stopped without good explanation.
Na only for nairaland wey u go see people wey something bad dey happen to them once e reach their turn.
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by clinician2x: 12:27pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Criminals benefiting from the subsidy scam can cry blood, subsidy is gone, make dem go chop the one wey dey don save.

Funds for fuel subsidy will be invested in other sectors for the benefit of Nigerians instead of few criminals.

For those who said Tinubu is not their president, they can ignore this subsidy removal from Tinubu and comply with Peter Obi's contrary directive.

When very ignorant fools use these lines and actually believe words like this, e de shock me.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by pdozie: 12:30pm On May 31, 2023
Sermwell:

Point of Correction == >> When leaders are being selected

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Agadinaagwuofe: 12:32pm On May 31, 2023
Octopusssy:

Na you no well. Shey na the government say make the marketers and fuel stations hoard fuel?

Even after this news you still believe marketers are wrong in hoarding fuel? The rise in cost by NNPC shows the marketers are really in touch with the market. The reason they have to stop selling is simply the announcement because it determines the flow of the market. NNPC reeling out new prices shows that the implementation is immediate so stop blaming marketers it is actually the government that caused the hike

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by YouandiAllofus: 12:33pm On May 31, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

There was a front page news of NNPC MD meeting Tinubu yesterday so don't rule out this might be one of the instructions given out. So the government might be in support.
Then, why announce something else and implement another? Is this not the gross incompetence being talked about? Can somebody remind us why Liz Truss was forced to resign as british prime minister after only a few weeks in office? Gullible Nigerians can defend and endure rubbish!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by benjaminlawson(m): 12:33pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

You that support this,I hope you are in Nigeria also, will we all see, how would those that corruptly enriched themselves, will tell us it is not sustainable, since mele kaiyari don't know the quantity of fuel we consumed, how did he then arrive at more than two trillion he claimed government owned him. God will judge all the corrupt politicians and their supporters.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by comodo: 12:34pm On May 31, 2023
DOptical:

Because most Nigerians are useless thieving retards themselves. Tinubu shouldn't renege on his subsidy removal policy. In fact, he should take the marketers to court for having the audacity to sell already subsidised products at exorbitant prices! Such pump stations should be sealed off for life and confiscated! Are they mad?
Once upon a time things.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Heffalump(m): 12:36pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

I know if it were PO that removed the fuel subsidy, by now you would have been wailing like a widower.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Agadinaagwuofe: 12:36pm On May 31, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
Then, why announce something else and implement another? Is this not the gross incompetence being talked about? Can somebody remind us why theresa may was forced to resign as british prime minister after only a fews week in office? Gulliable Nigerians can defend and endure rubbish!

Very true! I believe the government not only been out of touch but wants to play "smart" with the removal.

I also agree many gullible Nigerians can defend rubbish.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by einsteine(m): 12:36pm On May 31, 2023
Market based.

Too bad it is being done 11 years late.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by einsteine(m): 12:37pm On May 31, 2023
DOptical:

Because most Nigerians are useless thieving retards themselves. Tinubu shouldn't renege on his subsidy removal policy. In fact, he should take the marketers to court for having the audacity to sell already subsidised products at exorbitant prices! Such pump stations should be sealed off for life and confiscated! Are they mad?

He should take NNPC to court too?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by PussyKing(m): 12:37pm On May 31, 2023
GeneralPula:
Subsidy ends by June ending and June is starting tomorrow..

Now, they’ve started selling at new price already. I assume they’ll do this for 30days!

From between May31-June31..

By July 1, What now happens? Will prices come down or goes up or remain this same?

I smell some sort of set up in this whole thing. Seem the previous government had it all in plan!

But it seem tinubu has/is trying to outsmart whatever plan, with the pronouncement..

Observation is on-going..

Stop abeg

Let's not start the blame game

We have new Government now, so they should start work

I no wan hear say paste administration did this and that

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by DOptical: 12:39pm On May 31, 2023
einsteine:

He should take NNPC to court too?

Nnpc hasn't even been remitting any kobo to the federal government because the money was meant for the subsidy.. Nnpc are part of the useless cold hearted greedy thieving retards!
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by GeneralPula: 12:40pm On May 31, 2023
PussyKing:

Stop abeg

Let's not start the blame game

We have new Government now, so they should start work

I no wan hear say paste administration did this and that

I’m with you bro..

Not blaming the previous government in my comment..

Was just outlining the possible problems!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Donates N1million To A Disabled Woman (Photos) / Orji Uzor Kalu's Daughter, Neya Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos / Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.