Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,089 members, 7,953,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married (53584 Views)

35-Year-Old Kenyan Man Praises Sexual Prowess Of His 70-Year-Old American Wife / My 83-Year-old Father Is Getting Married To A 60-Year-Old Lady / My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by joyousever(f): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
I just love your input! You've said it all!!

Kobojunkie:
Leave God out of all this abeg! God washed His hands off marriage back in Genesis 3 vs 16 so you are supposed to use your brain for your own self when picking a partner. Look around you, even your pastors don't get spouses from God who said your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. undecided

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by ogawisdom(m): 4:13pm On Jun 03, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

I am 35 years old and everybody keeps reminding me that age is no longer on my side.

My fiance and I have been dating for more than one year and we are getting married soon.

My fiance is 40 years old and he has never been married.

The relationship was really good when we started but now that our wedding is in a few weeks time, he has shown how controlling he can be.

From the choice of the wedding dress, to the bridesmaids selection, to the colour of the day, he wants to be in charge.

He also wants his mum to buy the cloth for our engagement as well as buy our wedding ring.

He does whatever his family says without seeking my opinion and it almost seems as if I am not the one getting married.

I told my parents about how this makes me feel and they just asked me to endure because I am getting older but I really fear for what is going to happen after the wedding.

Are these not red flags I should run from?

I am confused, please advise me.

Submit to your husband that is godly marriage
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by LaJoe2: 4:27pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kaido:
Call off the wedding, and hunt for a man who is less controlling.

Who knows you might find one in few weeks time or even when you clock 48 years old.

Good luck!

Madam Hunter...
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Wealth3g: 4:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
If u are[/color] a women with brain/wisdom, u will go very close that his family.

E get why..[color=#990000]
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Okimski(m): 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2023
Chibuzoc:
Is he the only one doing the expenses? At 35 u should be able to to contribute in order to have a stake.

Seems like you want aj wedding and not marriage
This is the comment of the day, the best comment. He is just trying to dodge spending too much by not making her have her choice which might be more expensive.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Emmanuel909090: 5:13pm On Jun 03, 2023
vickydevoka:

Have you heard from the man. Don't believe anything from a woman

Fact, wisdom encrypted.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2023
Okimski:
This is the comment of the day, the best comment. He is just trying to dodge spending too much by not making her have her choice which might be more expensive.
If he is already dodging her at this point in the relationship, what makes you think the relationship will not be marred by pretty much more of the same afterwards? Clearly, what you suggest is obviously a lack of respect of her ability to reason expenses so why marry such a person to begin with?. undecided
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by SweetyZinta(f): 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

I am 35 years old and everybody keeps reminding me that age is no longer on my side.

My fiance and I have been dating for more than one year and we are getting married soon.

The relationship was really good when we started but now that our wedding is in a few weeks time, he has shown how controlling he can be.

From the choice of the wedding dress, to the bridesmaids selection, to the colour of the day, he wants to be in charge.

He also wants his mum to buy the cloth for our engagement as well as buy our wedding ring.

He does whatever his family says without seeking my opinion and it almost seems as if I am not the one getting married.

I told my parents about how this makes me feel and they just asked me to endure because I am getting older but I really fear for what is going to happen after the wedding.

In a case where the groom's family is sponsoring the wedding, things like that can be expected.
But if you are contributing to the wedding, you can make demands
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by EndRape2(f): 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2023
[You better run, or married him, give birth to your children because you ned children now , before monopause sets him,

He is a mummy's boy, reason he is still single at 40.

quote author=Fineman2 post=123528172]My name is Dora.

[/quote]
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Smilynsimi: 10:20pm On Jun 03, 2023
My sister run o...........
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by UmmuHaneef22: 12:10am On Jun 04, 2023
To be honest, it’s a red flag 🚩
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by camaraderi(m): 2:59am On Jun 04, 2023
Question for you;
How much of the wedding cost is borne by you?
If he is the one doing everything then STFU and let him take charge but if he is not, you either stand your ground or remove yourself from the relationship.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by ryfoz(m): 5:10am On Jun 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There you go. Yes! undecided
grin thanks
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Babalola0920: 9:59am On Jun 04, 2023
Kajaard:

Who says a woman cannot live without being married? Why is the Nigerian society so toxic towards single women?

Look if you have noticed these signs before marriage, just know that it will continue after marriage as well. If you are really saying the truth about him being very controling and domineering, as well as always listening to his family and you having no say in any decision making, then lady you have a serious decision to make. Cheers.

Trying to repelled your husband to be is also controlling I'm sure you never sees it from such angle
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Cromagnon: 1:58am On Jun 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Where is his stats you speak of from abeg? undecided
Center for disease control
Depression medication increase prescription for women
Good enough for you?
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Kobojunkie: 2:12am On Jun 07, 2023
Cromagnon:
■ Center for disease control
Depression medication increase prescription for women Good enough for you?
provide reference as what you posted makes no sense. undecided
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Raalsalghul: 9:59am On Jun 07, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
I can’t tell you what or what not to do. But, you could really use my bad advice urgently. It may sound harsh but it should work.

Use him to your advantage. That is, play along till the wedding has been done. After the wedding, stand your ground and be rigid about it. No one can trespass into your territory. Not even his territorial mother. If she does otherwise, boot her out.

Also, try to get pregnant ASAP. Use him to be a legal donor for your child/dren. That's if you are lucky to have twins or can be patient to have two kids with him whilst tolerating his bad attitude. After you must have had your child/dren in your arms, you have your rights in glory. Dump his sorry ass after everything. Thankfully, he’s useless already. You only needed him for the child/dren after all. But, you should make sure you are financially capable to be a single mother should in case he decides to be irresponsible. If he can not be tamed, serve him the divorce papers while it’s hot. One useless man down after all.

OR

Go get a sperm donor. Cost-effective and drama free. And stay single as well. Marriage will be going extinct in few years to come. Don’t even bother going into it. It’s not worth it. My golden advice.

grin
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2023
Raalsalghul:

grin

What’s funny? Only you gave me 3 mentions with laughing emoticons. Kilode?

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Cromagnon: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
provide reference as what you posted makes no sense. undecided
giggle really is your friend
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db377.htm
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Cromagnon: 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You lied! undecided
Proof
Cos everyone can see I backed mine up
But don't worry
Keep severing the foolish ones
Young men will need sex alacrity to practice with
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
Cromagnon:
Proof Cos everyone can see I backed mine up But don't worry Keep severing the foolish ones Young men will need sex alacrity to practice with
You backed it up when the reference you provided says absolutely nothing of any of what you claimed. undecided

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Cromagnon: 4:28am On Jun 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You backed it up when the reference you provided says absolutely nothing of any of what you claimed. undecided
Ok
the hard way it is
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Zyzxx10: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2023
God.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Zyzxx10: 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
God please help me.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Zyzxx10: 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
True.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Zyzxx10: 3:03am On Jun 28, 2023
He doesn't seem to be online through his silence.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Zyzxx10: 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
Who will I run to for help now? God please.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Zyzxx10: 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
God I'm sorry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen / For Ladies And Wives Only / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.