Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married (52588 Views)

35-Year-Old Kenyan Man Praises Sexual Prowess Of His 70-Year-Old American Wife / My 83-Year-old Father Is Getting Married To A 60-Year-Old Lady / My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by ericmor: 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

I am 35 years old and everybody keeps reminding me that age is no longer on my side.

My fiance and I have been dating for more than one year and we are getting married soon.

My fiance is 40 years old and he has never been married.

The relationship was really good when we started but now that our wedding is in a few weeks time, he has shown how controlling he can be.

From the choice of the wedding dress, to the bridesmaids selection, to the colour of the day, he wants to be in charge.

He also wants his mum to buy the cloth for our engagement as well as buy our wedding ring.

He does whatever his family says without seeking my opinion and it almost seems as if I am not the one getting married.

I told my parents about how this makes me feel and they just asked me to endure because I am getting older but I really fear for what is going to happen after the wedding.

Are these not red flags I should run from?

I am confused, please advise me.

Yes, they are warning signs, with the exception of the guy in charge portion because men should always act like men, but why didn't you catch all of that throughout the year you were seeing him? Were you enamored with money or anything else? If not, you are not paying attention.

It's great that you're getting married, but if you've asked him about what you noticed, what was his response? If not, confront him with your concerns before we proceed, that is, if you truly adore him and are prepared to wed him. No matter how challenging a man may be, there is always a way to deal with them but only if you have the endurance. In case I forgot, is he a christian or a Muslim?
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
milky3:
β–  Seeking the face of God does not mean that the husband or the wife will not misbehave...., She needs to talk to him about how displeased she is with d whole thing and if there is anything they should both reach a conclusion as per Couple they are.
Interesting assertion! If the husband and wife will misbehave in much the same way as those who never sought the face of God would, then what was the point of "seeking the face of God" ritual, to begin with? undecided
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Caleycash(m): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
OChimex:

Quote me anywhere dude, most times, if you treat women so well, they give you so much and contribute I. Your life so much, it might not be financially, it those things can save you a lot more money. Although a few bad eggs here and there.
Nigerian women!?? πŸ˜† 🀣 πŸ˜‚ 😹, epitome of stinginess, selfishness and narcissists, Bros no go there πŸ˜† 🀣 πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Jahsdaughter052(f): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
please don't because of pressures to get married and enter a marriage not meant for you.
Pray to God and see how he will help you
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Jossibest(m): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
If you can't cope with that man pls run for your dear life before it is too late
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by OChimex: 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Caleycash:
Nigerian women!?? πŸ˜† 🀣 πŸ˜‚ 😹, epitome of stinginess, selfishness and narcissists, Bros no go there πŸ˜† 🀣 πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚ They learn it from their dads the Nigerian men.

But I tell you, all my life, all the women I dated then my wife, they aren’t stingy. I am serious,
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by kunle75(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

I am 35 years old and everybody keeps reminding me that age is no longer on my side.

My fiance and I have been dating for more than one year and we are getting married soon.

The relationship was really good when we started but now that our wedding is in a few weeks time, he has shown how controlling he can be.

From the choice of the wedding dress, to the bridesmaids selection, to the colour of the day, he wants to be in charge.

He also wants his mum to buy the cloth for our engagement as well as buy our wedding ring.

He does whatever his family says without seeking my opinion and it almost seems as if I am not the one getting married.

I told my parents about how this makes me feel and they just asked me to endure because I am getting older but I really fear for what is going to happen after the wedding.

He's taking pressure off you and you're here complaining, if he gives you headache you will complain,which one you want self?
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by riverbird: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2023
Why do I feel she just told us what's has been keeping her from getting married?
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by HaneefahRN(f): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
40 year old mummy's boy, it is well with you
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2023
Toscarel:
Marry him, you divorce later atleast you would have kids and no one would say you didnt marry.

Na wa.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Okere18: 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
I will advice her to be submissive
Your husband to be is cutting down on cost..
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by milky3(f): 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Interesting assertion! If the husband and wife will misbehave in much the same way as those who never sought the face of God would, then what was the point of "seeking the face of God" ritual, to begin with? undecided
My point still remains that seeking the face of God does not Connotes Romeo and Juliet relationship, even people that receive direct confirmation to their marriages without applying wisdom will not end well
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by ericmor: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
Toscarel:
Marry him, you divorce later atleast you would have kids and no one would say you didnt marry.

divorce latter is when things goes wrong. sometimes it's always rough when they get started but with time, they will get to understand each other and live a happy home

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Honestfrend: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

My advice is that you try 2 look for his mumu button first..every man have it.

Another thing is that try 2 talk 2 him about it.. Marriage no be anybody mate o. Once u re in u re in.. So 2 talk 2 him about it.. A 40years old man should be mature enough to make decision on his own.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
milky3:
β–  My point still remains that seeking the face of God does not Connotes Romeo and Juliet relationship, even people that receive direct confirmation to their marriages without applying wisdom will not end well
1. If the "seeking the face of God" exercise yields no real guarantees or advantages, why do it anyways? undecided
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by shineeye1: 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

These are just the white flags(not red) of losing your self governance. In marriage, as a lady, you forfeit your self governance and surrender it to your new boss - the husband. If that seems too difficult to contemplate or comply with, you have no business marrying! Marriage is not a union of two equals. It is an institution of hierarchy in which the husband is the head of organization. He receives all advice but to him belongs the inalienable privilege and prerogative of decisions by which the organization(home) must operate. You hypocrite feminists find it convenient to comply with this natural order in your cooperate or work places because without compliance your salaries are gone but when you get home , you bloody hypocrite cannot follow same routine because God is your mate and His orders are not for you since it does not guarantee your salary. Hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Janosky: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

Madam, you are the neck of your forthcoming marriage and your spouse is the head, please apply wisdom and experience peace in your home.

In the holy scriptures,Can you cultivate the patience of Sarah, the smartness of Abigail & the heart of Rebecca?

In your convo with him,massage his bloated ego & make your opinions be seen as coming from him.

Shalom.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
shineeye1:
β–  These are just the white flags(not red) of losing your self governance. In marriage, as a lady, you forfeit your self governance and surrender it to your new boss - the husband. If that seems too difficult to contemplate or comply with, you have no business marrying! Marriage is not a union of two equals. It is an institution of hierarchy in which the husband is the head of organization. He receives all advice but to him belongs the inalienable privilege and prerogative of decisions by which the organization(home) must operate. You hypocrite feminists find it convenient to comply with this natural order in your cooperate or work places because without compliance your salaries are gone but when you get home , you bloody hypocrite cannot follow same routine because God is your mate and His orders are not for you since it does not guarantee your salary. Hypocrites!!!
A hierarchy in marriage was a result of the curse God placed on marriage when He wished His hands off it in Genesis 3 vs 16. . Man and Woman were formerly meant to live as Partners - one - until the curse. So any woman who submits in marriage instead chooses to submit to God's curse. lipsrsealed
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Fireboy02: 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Dont listen to those ppl telling u to quit.
They are all married and submissive to there husbands
Women and jealousy.
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by komzy589(m): 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
shineeye1:

These are just the white flags(not red) of losing your self governance. In marriage, as a lady, you forfeit your self governance and surrender it to your new boss - the husband. If that seems too difficult to contemplate or comply with, you have no business marrying! Marriage is not a union of two equals. It is an institution of hierarchy in which the husband is the head of organization. He receives all advice but to him belongs the inalienable privilege and prerogative of decisions by which the organization(home) must operate. You hypocrite feminists find it convenient to comply with this natural order in your cooperate or work places because without compliance your salaries are gone but when you get home , you bloody hypocrite cannot follow same routine because God is your mate and His orders are not for you since it does not guarantee your salary. Hypocrites!!!
So apt πŸ‘Œ
Ironically, the best advice is the last comment
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Exceed15: 8:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
Even though if we don't know full story, madam pull out if you're not comfortable with the relationship again. Na u dey wear the shoes.

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by EmyGod(m): 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
adetunrayo:
Did you seek the face of God before getting this far? It is never to late to ask God before you tie the knot.

Let God direct your choice not your age. Marriage without seeking God's direction before proceeding is baba ijebu.

God is the foundation of marriage. Seek His face before it's too late.
God will only intervene when they do not have sex with each other but they have then she has no business with God.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Emdebby2: 8:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
If I may ask...have you watched "act like a lady think like a man". You see that Mama's boy.. that's exactly your fiancee.
Why would your future mother-in- law buy your wedding cloth and wedding ring for you. Who does that?
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
EmyGod:
β–  God will only intervene when they do not have sex with each other but they have then she has no business with God.
LOL.... look at this one. God instead said that if you have lusted in your heart you have sinned against Him - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. So, before you go casting others down the unrighteousness of others, be certain to beyond yours. grin

By the way, God does not answer the prayers of all unrighteous people; the prayer, pleas, offerings, giving, works, praises, etc., of the unrighteous, are made filthy by their sins and are hence an abomination to God. undecided
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by adelafe2019: 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pls. Think we'll. Or else the Marriage may end within a year:
The man does not see you as a wife but as a subordinate that should not be involved in any decision making process.
He is not matured enough to get married. Every activity at home will be controlled by him and his immediate family members.
If you think you can change him later, then you are deceiving yourself.Such men never change their character.
I cannot advise my own sister to marry such man.
So if both of you contribute money to buy a propertysuch as a land or a house he will write his name on the document instead of including your own FULL NAME. FOR more legal and moral advice contact me through my WhatsApp no 090769768sixtytwo.

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
adelafe2019:
Pls. Think we'll. Or else the Marriage may end within a year:
The man does not see you as a wife but as a subordinate that should not be involved in any decision making process.
He is not matured enough to get married. Every activity at home will be controlled by him and his immediate family members.
If you think you can change him later, then you are deceiving yourself.Such men never change their character.
I cannot advise my own sister to marry such man.

So if both of you contribute money to buy a propertysuch as a land or a house he will write his name on the document instead of including your own FULL NAME. FOR more legal and moral advice contact me through my WhatsApp no 090769768sixtytwo.
smiley
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by jamoyakz: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

I just have this feeling I know who this annoymous person is πŸ€”

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by bukatyne(f): 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
Originalsly:
At 35 ... you see the path to marriage lined with red flags ... UT you don't know if to go ahead. He is 40 ... and his senior citizen 20th century mom is making 21st cent decisions for him. Really.... I believe you two would make a fine couple.... you deserve each h other.

@bold:

Hahaha
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by jamoyakz: 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
I just have this feeling I know who this person is lol
I feel if the red signs are too glaring please use the exit door
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by 43Ronin: 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
nairaland you should be ashamed of yourselves. There are decent topics out there but you decide to push fiction to FP. This same 35 yo OP claimed to be married and hubby used her funds to buy house in his name. Truly tinubu had bought this platform
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by bukatyne(f): 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
Funny thread and funnier OP who has tasted both genders and all the marital situations in this life. cheesy

So some people marry with the intention to divorce shocked

Advise dey NL sha!

No wonder miserable marriages are littered about.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by remele2(f): 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
Whats your financial involvement in the wedding plan

Whats percent are u contributing ?? Give me the ans and i will advice you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / Jos Bride Electrocuted Days To Her Marriage To Two-Time FiancΓ© / How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.