Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? (17293 Views)

Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons / Nigeria, Where Kids That Should Be In Schools Are Breadwinners Of Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by spencekat(m): 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
Digital204:

But having children is a blessing na... Remember there are people looking for children with millions of naira, yet they don't have. Different strokes for different folks. Life is a mystery.
They are blessings,but need to be properly taken care of.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by adewale2011(m): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2023

Porverty is a State of Mind...
Wealth is a State of Mind...

Digital204:

Ref: Taken from the book "Why People Are Poor" by David Samuel.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
spencekat:
They are blessings,but need to be properly taken care of.

Yes, you're right. Proper care is essential for them.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Iluvmycontr3: 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
madridguy:
Blame our wicked government.

They created mass poverty to be able to control people.

Not only the government. Blame some of the pple too. Lack of plan n vision. Illiteracy n lack of knowledge. Lack of self rules/principles. Carelessness.

I hav carefully checked and and and examined the ways of the whites over the years
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by FireUpNow(m): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
Govt induced. Give the people work and they will work. Have you asked why so many homeless and unemployed people around? Why so many thieves and prostitutes. So many can't pay their rents?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
adewale2011:

Porverty is a State of Mind...
Wealth is a State of Mind...

Hmm.... I see....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Vision101(m): 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
Life is like a pyramid. The base is large but apex is thin. Only very few can get to the top.

Life lesson: alot of space is at the top. Struggle to leave the crowded base.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by spencekat(m): 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
Digital204:

Yes, you're right. Proper care is essential for them.
So the lesser the better in terms of care.Not to give birth like rats.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Cromagnon: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
madridguy:

how did they create poverty. How is poverty created
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by xavuv: 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2023
Oizee:
This your analysis is kind of unfair but I still agreed with some point to an extent, go out and look at some hard conditions some of them go through just for their daily survival.

There are lazy poor people I agreed but, I want you to know that poor people ain't poor bcuz they're lazy, opportunity is not there for many to succeed easily.

It's more disastrous if you are the only one struggling to pull out of poverty in the family, because the rest will keep pulling u back, in the end, same family same conditions and people wl be wondering if there's no generational curse on them.

If many of them are blessed with wealth, u will hardly notice the poor among them, at least others will support the poor one no matter how many times he/she fails in business.

Well well said. Opportunities!!

OP thought that life is like some calculus, that you can just work and calculate through it. There is no hard and fast rule to living life.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Gbenga4ever1411: 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2023
Because our leaders are wicked
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Mrbenny001: 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
Too much migrating from village to urban and cities ...our rural settlement and agriculture need to be worked on... people should stay and develop their village... Lagos and Abuja can't Carter for everybody

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by dvkot(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2023
It's their fault and not the government cos i don't really know what you want the government to do for them? Dash them money?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by mabea: 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
Exmilitant:
which government?

My tenant who is an ogwu Aja (bricklayer helper) has six children. No one dey go school. All of them dey hawk different items for Aba road. All them stays in one room.

Na government cause am? undecided
I think say you Sabi book?
Your tenant lacks the right education on family planning. Government still can't be exonerated.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by yemex04(m): 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry but what you are doing is cooking up terrible examples of excuses for the situation. There is no reason why a poor man should have more children than He is capable of raising. Absolutely none! undecided

2. You are trying to pull out of poverty in the family and so you end up breeding more kids to add to the load? I don't follow at all. undecided

3. What has "blessed with wealth" to do with this situation here? We are speaking here of those living in poverty abeg! Let's not distract from the topic abeg! undecided

Apt!
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by GeneralPula: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
The world is a jungle & only the strong survives..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by ChikezieU(m): 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry but what you are doing is cooking up terrible examples of excuses for the situation. There is no reason why a poor man should have more children than He is capable of raising. Absolutely none! undecided

2. You are trying to pull out of poverty in the family and so you end up breeding more kids to add to the load? I don't follow at all. undecided

3. What has "blessed with wealth" to do with this situation here? We are speaking here of those living in poverty abeg! Let's not distract from the topic abeg! undecided

And you think its only those that has kids are poor or rather those that has plenty kids according to you are poor... Omo you are in experienced in this subject matter... I thought you had valid points but all I see here are about parents having too much kids.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by bukatyne(f): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
theophorus:
Ask I just dey read some comment, I just dey laugh.

After Graduating, Your Papa link you up, you begin earn NGN500k/Month from there you run Business and side gig dey bring in some dough for you, you come think say your Guy wen the Papa na Transporter and the Mama and road side pepper seller na Lazy guy cos after Graduation na only Private school teaching of 12k he fit get cos He no get any connect.

The major catalyst to continued poverty is the number of children the poor have.

Let's take your example of a transporter and pepper seller. If they have just two kids, they would be able to afford at worst average education that can move their children to the next level. Imagine same transporter and pepper seller has seven kids out of whom only one went to uni, three went to poly and did OND, one went to learn a trade and the remaining two are into criminal activities.

Who do you think would climb out of poverty faster? 2 children + transporter & pepper seller or 7 children + transporter & pepper seller?

6 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by saintopus(m): 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2023
yemmit90:
What I noticed about Nigerians is that, it is very easy for us to call poor people fools when we are comfortable.

A man with wisdom will know that not all poor people are lazy or daft, though i agree with the part that said you don't have business getting married or bear many children when you are poor.

Nigeria is one hell of a country, there were many rich people that are poor today, not that they don't know what they are doing or being reckless with their money, some just lose their fortunes to unforseen circumstances.

I was wondering why nobody wants to reason this way.

You may be wealthy today and circumstances and events happened and suddenly you find yourself in poverty.

It happens.

Perhaps people would ask " Didn't the person has savings?"

There are times events would happen all your savings would go and you find yourself in poverty

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by kay29000(m): 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2023
That's because most poor men lack control over their sexual urge. They have not finish taking care of themselves, they are having babies every year...bringing more human beings to the world to suffer.

Have you ever wondered why rich men have 2-3 children, but a poor man will be having 5,6 or even 8 children...this digs him deeper into poverty, because he can't control his urge. Sex is the cheapest form of pleasure for a poor man, so when he is depressed, he turns to sex with his wife/girlfriend, which results in more mouths to feed...and then more poverty.

Even before a man learns financial literacy, he has to learn to control his sexual urge.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by IVORY2009(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2023
madridguy:

cheesy
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by saintopus(m): 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2023
Digital204:
... So a lot of factors are responsible for poverty....

But is it a crime to be poor?

... No, no, no.

... Some poor people have become rich, true.

... Some rich people have also become poor suddenly, yes, true.

... These have all happened, yes we've seen it happen.

.... Life is a mystery. Don't be too rigid in your opinions, things happen, life happens, nothing is 100% guaranteed.

... Life is a mystery.

... Do your best, hope for the best. Be positive. Don't give up.
Thank you sincerely
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by izubext007: 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
is because of too many wife demand
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by theophorus(m): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2023
bukatyne:

The major catalyst to continued poverty is the number of children the poor have.

Let's take your example of a transporter and pepper seller. If they have just two kids, they would be able to afford at worst average education that can move their children to the next level. Imagine same transporter and pepper seller has seven kids out of whom only one went to uni, three went to poly and did OND, one went to learn a trade and the remaining two are into criminal activities.

Who do you think would climb out of poverty faster? 2 children + transporter & pepper seller or 7 children + transporter & pepper seller?

If He's able to sponsor all 4 through Undergraduate school and none of dem is able to get a Job that pays NGN 100k after 5yrs of graduating nko?

See ehn, this Life get as he be ooo. If he good for you no dey think say your Guy dey lazy ooo.

Ask round and you will discover the number of Graduates Riding Okada, Tricycle and even Bolt/Uber is alarming.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by joyandfaith: 1:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
Digital204:

Ref: Taken from the book "Why People Are Poor" by David Samuel.
Fundamental issue is Spiritual
John 12:8 New International Version (NIV)
You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by highchief1: 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2023
madridguy:

eveeything no be govt.no be govt Inpregnant keke rider wife for the 12 child.When u fail to use ur head poverty will use it for u.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by bukatyne(f): 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
theophorus:

If He's able to sponsor all 4 through Undergraduate school and none of dem is able to get a Job that pays NGN 100k after 5yrs of graduating nko?

See ehn, this Life get as he be ooo. If he good for you no dey think say your Guy dey lazy ooo.

Ask round and you will discover the number of Graduates Riding Okada, Tricycle and even Bolt/Uber is alarming.

Then there is something wrong somewhere.

The beginning might be rough, but a graduate who did well in school and has a working knowledge of what he/she was taught would breakthrough at the end.

A lot of questions should be asked in your scenario: what course did they read? What learning post school? If they were not opportuned to get good jobs immediately after school, what are they doing to transition to good jobs? Are they good in their job? Do they have good work ethics? Do they carry themselves well? Is their course viable? Etc. Etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2023
joyandfaith:

Fundamental issue is Spiritual
John 12:8 New International Version (NIV)
You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me

Waaoooo....
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2023
saintopus:

Thank you sincerely

You're welcome bro!
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2023
spencekat:
So the lesser the better in terms of care.Not to give birth like rats.

Yes, give birth to what you can cater for. Give birth to the number of children you can take care of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
NobleSeed:
the government is the primary factor of the suffering rate truth be told.
If you want to talk about large family and all then China comes to mind.
Nigeria is the most populous black nation in Africa, not just that we also very blessed in all ramifications..
Even if each family has 10 to 12 children and the system we have here is working as it ought to work I can bet you no one will be complaining of poverty and starvation. But you see the Buffon's we all have as leaders? They don't care about the people who put them there ...Sad 😢

Hmmm..... I see.

Yes, Nigeria is the giant of Africa. We need good leaders and an action leader who can solve Nigeria's problems within a short period of time. Yes. It's necessary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? / How Do You Control A Rebellious Teenager? / Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.