Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? (17275 Views)

Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons / Nigeria, Where Kids That Should Be In Schools Are Breadwinners Of Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
Oizee:
■ I'm not even making reference to the present married folks, I'm talking about the victims(children's) of old folks.
For instance I know a guy who is a chronic hustler but, his father keeps bringing the younger ones for him to train, so how can he make headway? Someone even suggested to him that he should get married maybe the father might finally leave him alone when he sees that he is struggling with his own family. The Dad is married to multiple wives.
Wow...and if he adds this burden called marriage marriage his father continues to offload his burdens on him then what? The adviser there will ask him to have children too? undecided

If the man wants to get rid of his dad, he has a better chance by cutting ties with the deadbeat and working to find his footing first before then considering either marriage or helping his sick family. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
flokii:
Worsening economic situation.. those that lived and raised families up till 80s' can't compare life in Nigeria back then to what it is now.
You folks have been blaming the economic situation since time immemorial for the plight of the poor. Face facts abeg! Foolishness is the major problem faced by the poor. And only those in it can help themselves. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by VeryStingyMan: 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You folks have been blaming the economic situation since time immemorial for the plight of the poor. Face facts abeg! Foolishness is the major problem faced by the poor. And only those in it can help themselves. undecided

Funny how I agree with you on pretty much everything except this.

Poor people globally don't choose to be poor. They are made poor because they are not prioritized by governments across the world, not just Nigeria. Take the US for example. Why would the American government decide to give more money in tax cuts and rebates to already rich billionaires rather than taxing the rich to solve their chronic homeless problem? Why would Nigeria continue to maintain a broken, elitist neocolonialist system which serves to cater for the elite and industrial complex like Dangote, Otedola and Elumelu rather than build a system that works for the other 99.99%? And when the poor complain, they are simply told that they don't work hard undecided But the system simply doesn't allow the poor to become rich... the system allows the rich to become richer.

Which is why Elon Musk and others who all came from relatively wealthy, comfortable homes can continue to be rich but an average homeless Joe on the street of Manhattan can't be a rich tech tychoon. Though I agree with you that poor people especially in Nigeria and Africa don't help themselves with the burden they carry like the number of wives and children they have but they aren't the inherent cause of their problem - the system simply gives Otedola's daughters and Elumelu's sons a platform than it does to the guy with 5 children who live in an uncompleted building next door.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
VeryStingyMan:
■Funny how I agree with you on pretty much everything except this. Poor people globally don't choose to be poor. They are made poor because they are not prioritized by governments across the world, not just Nigeria. Take the US for example. Why would the American government decide to give more money in tax cuts and rebates to already rich billionaires rather than taxing the rich to solve their chronic homeless problem? Why would Nigeria continue to maintain a broken, elitist neocolonialist system which serves to cater for the elite and industrial complex like Dangote, Otedola and Elumelu rather than build a system that works for the other 99.99%? And when the poor complain, they are simply told that they don't work hard. But the system simply doesn't allow the poor to become rich... the system allows the rich to become richer.
■ Which is why Elon Musk and others who all came from relatively wealthy, comfortable homes can continue to be rich but an average homeless Joe on the street of Manhattan can't be a rich tech tychoon. Though I agree with you that poor people especially in Nigeria and Africa don't help themselves with the burden they carry like the number of wives and children they have but they aren't the inherent cause of their problem - the system simply gives Otedola's daughters and Elumelu's sons a platform than it does to the guy with 5 children who live in an uncompleted building next door.
1. So what you are saying is that a poor man who goes ahead to have 5 children he is unable to fend for or send to school, is poor because his poverty was not prioritized by the government? undecided

2. Are you suggesting then that a poor man should, in his poverty, compare himself and his situation to that of Otedola and Elumelu whose children are giving a platform, according to you, because they are not poor? undecided

We need to begin holding the poor responsible for their own fate abeg! The excuses don too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
I see...
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by VeryStingyMan: 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So what you are saying is that a poor man who goes ahead to have 5 children he is unable to fend for or send to school, is poor because his poverty was not prioritized by the government? undecided

2. Are you suggesting then that a poor man should, in his poverty, compare himself and his situation to that of Otedola and Elumelu whose children are giving a platform, according to you, because they are not poor? undecided

We need to begin holding the poor responsible for their own fate abeg! The excuses don too much.

If you're oversimplifying, then yes. Governments across the globe tend to prioritize the 1% over the rest of the 99%. This is a well established fact. Of course, the poor in African countries aggravate their own situation with the number of children they have but their situation in general are borne out the a deep-rooted lack of interest in their welfare by the society.

Also, the poor can't afford to compare themselves to the elites. The system makes sure that a poor person's child has to work thrice as hard as a rich person's child for only a fraction of what the rich person's child has. Is that what you call fate? sad

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
Really interesting....
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
VeryStingyMan:
Of course, the poor in African countries aggravate their own situation with the number of children they have but their situation in general are borne out the a deep-rooted lack of interest in their welfare by the society.
Also, the poor can't afford to compare themselves to the elites. The system makes sure that a poor person's child has to work thrice as hard as a rich person's child for only a fraction of what the rich person's child has. Is that what you call fate? sad
1. This discussion is about exactly that aspect in bold, and not of all the other you keep trying to force in. undecided

2. Then stop bringing up the mentions of those you consider the elites. A poor man makes it worse for himself for those children kids by having them with the expectation others --- the system--- will care for them. This is about the poor man's personal responsibility to all the many children he breeds in his poverty. undecided
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2023
... So a lot of factors are responsible for poverty....

But is it a crime to be poor?

... No, no, no.

... Some poor people have become rich, true.

... Some rich people have also become poor suddenly, yes, true.

... These have all happened, yes we've seen it happen.

.... Life is a mystery. Don't be too rigid in your opinions, things happen, life happens, nothing is 100% guaranteed.

... Life is a mystery.

... Do your best, hope for the best. Be positive. Don't give up.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
Digital204:
... So a lot of factors are responsible for poverty....
But is it a crime to be poor?
... No, no, no.
... Some poor people have become rich, true.
... Some rich people have also become poor suddenly, yes, true.
... These have all happened, yes we've seen it happen.
.... Life is a mystery. Don't be too rigid in your opinions, things happen, life happens, nothing is 100% guaranteed.
... Life is a mystery.
... Do your best, hope for the best. Be positive. Don't give up.
Life comes with a guarantee of troubles, and so there is no reason for the level of wickedness observed even among the poor. Consider for example the situation with the six kids in the comment below.
Exmilitant:
which government?My tenant who is an ogwu Aja (bricklayer helper) has six children. No one dey go school. All of them dey hawk different items for Aba road. All them stays in one room.
Na government cause am? undecided I think say you Sabi book?
Just imagine how devastating it is to be born into this world and to grow up without access to even basic opportunities available to even those others around you because your father and mother, knowing fully well they have nothing to offer you still chose to bring you into this world. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hehe... I'm coming...
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 12:19am On Jun 06, 2023
... Definitely if poor people never existed, there's no way the rich would be able to make money. So I see both the rich and the poor in every society. But when the poor population becomes alarmingly too high, it's a real problem to the nation. It even becomes a problem to the rich. Your safety is not even guaranteed as a rich man or woman when there are too many poor people around you. It's in your own interest to do your best to help the poor people around you and lift as many people as possible out of poverty as you can. As you're helping them, you're also helping yourself to protect your own life and safeguard your wealth. Think about it.

Cc: Seun
dominique
Rocktation
farano
nlfpmod

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 9:47am On Jun 06, 2023
... And it's difficult to see any nation where only the rich exist, but in Africa it's a different ball game entirely, because the level of poverty is quite high.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2023
Poverty is a serious disease on its own, but it can actually be overcome, with serious determination, commitment and unrelenting hard work. Yes, you can pull yourself out of poverty if you want.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kriss100: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Because wickedness runs directly through the veins of even the poor. undecided
God bless you sir
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kajaard: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
I don't pity poor people who decide to have children like rats.

You see some having wives that are constantly pregnant every year. No pity at all for such people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by theophorus(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
Ask I just dey read some comment, I just dey laugh.

After Graduating, Your Papa link you up, you begin earn NGN500k/Month from there you run Business and side gig dey bring in some dough for you, you come think say your Guy wen the Papa na Transporter and the Mama and road side pepper seller na Lazy guy cos after Graduation na only Private school teaching of 12k he fit get cos He no get any connect.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by clockwisereport: 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
The solution to all these things is muta ke I Ja azutu

The era of NWAKAEGO or GOD WEY BRING CHILDREN GO GIVE THEM WHAT TO EAT is gone

No go born children expecting your wealthy bro or sis to take care of them for you.

Muta ke I ja azutu

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Krexpah(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
If you ask me Na who I go ask
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Metrofox(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2023
Digital204:

Ref: Taken from the book "Why People Are Poor" by David Samuel.

I was wondering why it felt like I was reading from a book and was about to applaud your wealth of knowledge but anyways nice one grin ...

Poverty is a construct that stems from beliefs, environment, perspectives, luck and other extraneous factors. But it is strongly tied to your personal systems, first and foremost are the systems you're able to setup or grow into. Eventually we all rise and fall to the level of our systems. "Dear Brutus the fault lies not in our stars but in us for we are underlings"

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by qtx(m): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2023
Digital204:

Ref: Taken from the book "Why People Are Poor" by David Samuel.
A man cant be poor unless he is first poor in the mind and brain. This statement of mine I know is pregnant. But i cant talk more than that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by eroticecstasy: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
madridguy:
Blame our wicked government.

They created mass poverty to be able to control people.

This is a poverty mentality, nullify it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by clockwisereport: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
madridguy:
Blame our wicked government.

They created mass poverty to be able to control people.

Na government force you to burn battalion wey you no fit care for?
Did they force you to get pregnant or to impregnate somebody's daughter?

Na we dey do ourself pass.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by eroticecstasy: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
qtx:

A man cant be poor unless he is first poor in the mind and brain. This statement of mine I know is pregnant. But i cant talk more than that.

Fact
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by qtx(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
Wixje9wd:
??
Stop posting this coreldraw coined graphics here deceiving people.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 12:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
qtx:

Hmmm.... Reallly??

Pregnant statement??

Explain your statement for people to learn from you.

Let everyone learn from you pls.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by NobleSeed(m): 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
the government is the primary factor of the suffering rate truth be told.
If you want to talk about large family and all then China comes to mind.
Nigeria is the most populous black nation in Africa, not just that we also very blessed in all ramifications..
Even if each family has 10 to 12 children and the system we have here is working as it ought to work I can bet you no one will be complaining of poverty and starvation. But you see the Buffon's we all have as leaders? They don't care about the people who put them there ...Sad 😢
Digital204:
And a lot of people are suffering, really, but they still have large families and many children.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by gaskiyamagana: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
Simple answer.
Because the resources with which money can be generated to do many things for the betterment of people in general, are not tap or corruptedly managed by corrupt few individuals and corrupt government officials.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kaiser20: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
The Nigerian political Elites need the poor desperately.
Poor people do not complain much, the more you maltreat them, the more they run to you.
See how the poor supporters of APC have quickly forgotten what they suffered at the hands of APC for 8 years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? / Whyme222's Wife's Response....nairalanders Be The Judge / Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.