Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,681 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? (17354 Views)

Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons / Nigeria, Where Kids That Should Be In Schools Are Breadwinners Of Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
judedwriter:
■ Poverty is a SPIRIT. Take it or leave it. There are curses and demons behind poverty. This is why Lots of people work hard and still cannot be rich. So hard work isn't the only antidote to poverty. God blessings (Proverbs 10:22) and hard work. The Holy Spirit is behind prosperity.
Stop lying! The way you folks are quick your lies using the name of God almost seems impulsive..you can't help yourselves can you? undecided

So the disciples who pretty died without a penny to their names were also afflicted by this spirit you invented after a lifetime of hardwork abi? Kai! undecided
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by judedwriter(m): 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! The way you folks are quick your lies using the name of God almost seems impulsive..you can't help yourselves can you? undecided

So the disciples who pretty died without a penny to their names were also afflicted by this spirit you invented after a lifetime of hardwork abi? Kai! undecided

Nobody is born to be poor. I don't know about you, but riches is my portion IJN.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Klass99(f): 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2023
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2023
judedwriter:
■ Nobody is born to be poor. I don't know about you, but riches is my portion IJN.
This the same Jesus Christ who says those who are His followers will abandon all they have if they wish to enter into the Narrow Gate that leads to Heaven, a gate harder to enter for a rich man than the eye of the needle is to enter for a camel? This the same Jesus Christ who said those who are poor are blessed in His Kingdom? undecided

What is clear is you have no real association with Jesus Christ as He is just another god you use for the casting of your spells and invocations and nothing else. undecided
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by DOM7: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
Because of the wicked and evil system with the people that manage it.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by xandy84: 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2023
Easy to blame government for everything but average Nigerian should shoulder more blame. In 1960, Nigeria population is less than 60 million while UK is about the same. In 2022, Nigerian population is over 220 million while UK is little over 60 millions. The major contributor to poverty is lack of family planning.

madridguy:
Blame our wicked government.

They created mass poverty to be able to control people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Goodcitizen99(m): 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2023
Exmilitant:
which government?

My tenant who is an ogwu Aja (bricklayer helper) has six children. No one dey go school. All of them dey hawk different items for Aba road. All them stays in one room.

Na government cause am? undecided
I think say you Sabi book?
technical knockout walahai 😂 this ur argument don close this Case 😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by armyofone(m): 4:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
Casting spells, curses and aspersions grin

Point is people - should not make all sexual encounters an avenue to breed like sun flies or rabbit.

Kobojunkie:
This the same Jesus Christ who says those who are His followers will abandon all they have if they wish to enter into the Narrow Gate that leads to Heaven, a gate harder to enter for a rich man than the eye of the needle is to enter for a camel? This the same Jesus Christ who said those who are poor are blessed in His Kingdom? undecided

What is clear is you have no real association with Jesus Christ as He is just another god you use for the casting of your spells and invocations and nothing else. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Chopkiss: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
Buhari is the cause
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by IVORY2009(m): 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
madridguy:
Which kind laugh be this?

I am very happy thats the reason grin
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by madridguy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2023
I will continue to blame the government. From that 1960 you quoted, how many industries has our leaders killed and how many new industries has the UK brought to their people.
UK is a small Island compare to Nigeria and till today their government never stopped creating wealth, through quality education, industries, sports to mention few.

xandy84:
Easy to blame government for everything but average Nigerian should shoulder more blame. In 1960, Nigeria population is less than 60 million while UK is about the same. In 2022, Nigerian population is over 220 million while UK is little over 60 millions. The major contributor to poverty is lack of family planning.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2023
Exmilitant:
which government?

My tenant who is an ogwu Aja (bricklayer helper) has six children. No one dey go school. All of them dey hawk different items for Aba road. All them stays in one room.

Blood of Zachariah! Are thought such things only happens in the north
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Exmilitant(m): 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Blood of Zachariah! Are thought such things only happens in the north
dem plenty for south o. Akwa Ibomites, and Ebonyi people Na dem dey lead.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by bukatyne(f): 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2023
madridguy:
Calm down boy, even people with just a kid or two are struggling to even eat as of today. So having battalion at home means nothing.

If people with one kid are struggling to east, doesn't it occur to you that some with six kids would struggle harder and sink deeper in poverty? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
Exmilitant:
dem plenty for south o. Akwa Ibomites, and Ebonyi people Na dem dey lead.
Nawoo

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Soulsymbol99: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2023
I take This 2 be a rhetorical question
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
Why You Must Not Give Up On God.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

Listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIsV9N4nElM
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Mayeldah(m): 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
CuriousStudent:
This is a reflection of the failure of Nigerian men
They, the supposed providers, are failures on multiple fonts

They are unproductive,lazy, not innovative, too relaxing, the little change they earn is spent on chasing women.

In their poverty,they will be looking for love,instead of developing themselves,with the aim of subjecting someone daughter to misery by being yoked with them.

If it's not wickedness why would you want a human that you can't take care of to be with you? A kid you can't give the best of life and buy the latest toys?

Very wicked fellows like emmaodet, reminderz,et Al were encouraging women to marry men earning 100k. How vile can someone be ? I know how much we spend on electricity bill alone( it is almost half of the 100k).
The basic things of life can't be covered by it. How much is it to fill 12kg gas? Even to braid your hair as a woman how much is attachment? Deodorants and the rest. A tin of baby food is about 3500k and most babies finish a tin in three days. Diapers cost 100 each and a baby needs like 5-7 a day.

This men won't opt for condoms or vasectomy but must selfishly procreate at they expense of their children future.

It is sad. The rich pass wealth and legacy for their children. The average naija man wants to pass leave struggling and "economizing" to his kids.

How old are you? This comment smells that of a child

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
Exmilitant:
which government?

There is something called structural poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by clockwisereport: 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Did any such Era exist to begin with? Nwakaego by butt! The average Nigerian out there considers birthing of children same as acquiring slaves for their own pleasure. undecided

Yes naah
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Exmilitant(m): 6:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
Magnoliaa:

There is something called structural poverty.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:23pm On Jun 15, 2023
theophorus:
Ask I just dey read some comment, I just dey laugh.

After Graduating, Your Papa link you up, you begin earn NGN500k/Month from there you run Business and side gig dey bring in some dough for you, you come think say your Guy wen the Papa na Transporter and the Mama and road side pepper seller na Lazy guy cos after Graduation na only Private school teaching of 12k he fit get cos He no get any connect.

See. The comments here are shocking to me, to say the least, smh.

Let's leave aside the fact that chance or "luck" plays in some sucess stories.

I wonder why all the people criticising poor people here are not billionaires themselves if it was that easy to be 'rich'. Like every billionaire today are one not because they're hardworking and not because they exploit labourers.

Like, unplanned, people's parents die or some sickness happen to them that eats all of their savings. But let's sit and speculate and condemn them.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by ogbe88(m): 6:26pm On Jun 15, 2023
CuriousStudent:
This is a reflection of the failure of Nigerian men
They, the supposed providers, are failures on multiple fonts

They are unproductive,lazy, not innovative, too relaxing, the little change they earn is spent on chasing women.

In their poverty,they will be looking for love,instead of developing themselves,with the aim of subjecting someone daughter to misery by being yoked with them.

If it's not wickedness why would you want a human that you can't take care of to be with you? A kid you can't give the best of life and buy the latest toys?

Very wicked fellows like emmaodet, reminderz,et Al were encouraging women to marry men earning 100k. How vile can someone be ? I know how much we spend on electricity bill alone( it is almost half of the 100k).
The basic things of life can't be covered by it. How much is it to fill 12kg gas? Even to braid your hair as a woman how much is attachment? Deodorants and the rest. A tin of baby food is about 3500k and most babies finish a tin in three days. Diapers cost 100 each and a baby needs like 5-7 a day.

This men won't opt for condoms or vasectomy but must selfishly procreate at they expense of their children future.

It is sad. The rich pass wealth and legacy for their children. The average naija man wants to pass leave struggling and "economizing" to his kids.
Another rabbit have spoken.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by ogbe88(m): 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wow...and if he adds this burden called marriage marriage his father continues to offload his burdens on him then what? The adviser there will ask him to have children too? undecided

If the man wants to get rid of his dad, he has a better chance by cutting ties with the deadbeat and working to find his footing first before then considering either marriage or helping his sick family. undecided
This one is always bitter.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by professore(m): 7:18pm On Jun 15, 2023
You have raised a lot of issues that are correct
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Princewill1(m): 7:20pm On Jun 15, 2023
The Formula for Wealth is:
"Reduce Liabilities, increase Assets"

Anything that takes away money from you is a liability. Too many children takes away money from you, reduce them drastically.

A family of 4 with total monthly income of 250k in Nigeria will live more quality life than a family of 10 with an income of 400k.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
Magnoliaa:
■ There is something called structural poverty.
Structural wetin? A bricklayer barely able to feed himself going on to have 6 kids, none of them in school, is structural? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
judedwriter:

Poverty is a SPIRIT. Take it or leave it.

There are curses and demons behind poverty.

This is why Lots of people work hard and still cannot be rich.

So hard work isn't the only antidote to poverty.

God blessings (Proverbs 10:22) and hard work.

The Holy Spirit is behind prosperity.

Well said. Noted.

Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
armyofone:

You better understand and learn.

Break the cycle of poverty by having few children.
You have no business having kids if you and your spouse are not bringing home at least 500k or more a year.

Hmmmm......
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
holadfikky:

Seriously all what you people are taking up and down just dey make me laugh 🤣🤣🤣.
Do you think you can deliberately think this is the number of children you can cater for?

How do you mean? What exactly are you saying pls?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Digital204(m): 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
armyofone:

Having 1 or 2 or 3 is a blessing. Isn't one or two or three blessings enough?

Why have more only to make them hawk to survive?

People have different kinds of mentalities and reasons for their actions.

It's best to plan well before taking action.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? by Lannister360: 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2023
Exmilitant:
which government?

Yes, na government, in a sane country, people with poor jobs can still take care of their children and send them to school because this he minimum wage is reasonable and education is free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don't Receive Call In Kitchen / Nigerian Couple Welcome Their First Child After 19 Years Of Waiting (photo) / Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.