Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why (28280 Views)

Slave Bible From 1800 Omitted Key Passages That Could Incite Rebellion / Have You Read The Bible From Genesis To Revelation In A Year Before? / The Middle Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Ayomivic(m): 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:
Y Jimeah. I wonder how a child would be comfortable reading how 40,000 people was wiped out because of 10 commandments

or snake biting everyone

or wild bears tearing children apart because of another man's head.

Seriously I would deal with any teacher that brings religion to my child. keep your religion at home.

I love my childhood days. Without teaching of the bible , I wouldn't have been alive because I will surely live a life that would ha e destroy me because that was what the society which I belongs to are.

The Bible had straight my path and mae me a person I am today.

I can never leave out Bible from my children. Ehn ! If I don't bring them up with the teaching of the bible which book outside there can be used to train children? I don't see one like bible. And if there is one bring it and tell me whom he had helped to live a good life.

Thank God they said it was ban in the school not in the homes. There is still hope for the parents to raise a God fearing Children.

A world without bible is doom.

Bible is the wisdom, it is the only solution to the problem in the world, in the countries, in the states and in the homes.

The true is that the bad person had take control of that school and it's impact had manifested

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Lol

Well someone was not looking when they showed me Disney's Snow white ( poisoning), Sleeping Beauty ( kissing a woman without her consent) and Pinocchio . All before i turned ten years old.
Who showed you?
And are you comparing fairytales to bible now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Judybash93(m): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2023
Praise the Lordaaaa
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by gloryman91: 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
So many confusing verses in the that book.

I still wondering who wrote all these rubbish inside a book called Book of God ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Couldntfigurean: 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
But they are charging Disney,Nickelodeon etc to include Gay couples in children Shows so as to “enlighten” the children about sexual preference
I was an advocate of live and let live and supported homos before but not anymore,I won’t support Gayism and Nigeria shouldn’t

4 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by odenkirk: 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
oneday religion will be banned in america

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by AngelicBeing: 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
sad
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by ReacherSaidNoth: 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
Good riddance, that book has done irreparable damage to billions. The stupidity, hatred and division inspired by it is staggering.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

Who showed you?

Lol. I read and watched a lot of stuff back then

Hey it was Disney.

A lot of fairytales including African ones have a lot of stuff . Uncomfortable stuff

Like the one from Mali where a hippo eats two people. Read it when i was ten in an anthology of african stories. Bought by my mamma.(She did not know! Lol. She saw children).

And then there are tales like Hansel und Gretel with the witch who eats little kids...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Lol. I read and watched a lot of stuff back then

Hey it was Disney.

A lot of fairytales including African ones have a lot of stuff . Uncomfortable stuff

Like the one from Mali where a hippo eats two people. Read it when i was ten in an anthology of african stories. Bought by my mamma.(She did not know! Lol. She saw children).

And then there are tales like Hansel und Gretel with the witch who eats little kids...
You can read and watch whatever you want, the topic is on “District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools”, they did not even mention high school.

2 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by okoroemeka(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
wealthyhenry:
Interesting times ahead...
very interesting times indeed,that op that posted graphic comments on red from the Bible is incredible,I thought I know the Bible but li was wrong,it is far more violent and sadistic than I previously thought, Christianity as a religion is still fairly young at 2000 years,many religions lasted far more than Christianity before they faded away,the egyptains worshipped isis,Osiris and other gods for 3500 years they were ruled continuous by the pharaohs, Damascus in Syria has been a human settlement for 10,000 yrs worshipping a mixture of many gods like Baal,Artemis,ahura Mazda,etc,by the next 500 years Christianity will fade away from it's stronghold in Africa,Asia and South America,it is already fading in America and Europe were churches are now been converted to offices,apartments and clubs,this is the reason I like science it has nothing to do with imaginative speculation but hard empirical facts and evidence.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

You can read and watch whatever you want, the topic is on “District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools”, they did not even say high school.

And i am telling you the same law they use to.ban.the.bible can.be used to ban literature and fairytales and biology books and sex ed books.

Why not ban no books?

You are too fixated on 'Christians bad' just as the people responsible for the law were fixated on 'Transgenders bad' to see the damage banning any book does.

Ban no book, I say. Including ones i hate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by superCleanworks(m): 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

P.s I.learned about worldwar 1 and 2 in primary 6 as well as the civil.war. I also did some extra.reading too. Yes including deth.

you learnt about the 1914 war in primary 6 grin amazing.

if you actually learnt anything from history class then you should know that it serves to teach about politics, differences, decisions, mistakes and we can learn CAUSES AND EFFECTS of these factors on humans. How the wars started and ended and how they still affect us. Do you want to equivocate that with destroying whole cities/kingdoms because you heard a voice instructing you to do so?

Many of those nasty killings in the bible were by the doings or instructions of an invisible being. What should a child learn from that?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by etrange: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
gameova:
Lol bible banned but LGBTQ nonsense will be allowed LMAO. The world is gone to shit. Accept Christ folks.

Did you even read the content? They banned books pertaining to sexuality and sexual orientation about a year ago. This is a direct consequence of that policy. It backfired cause the holy book could not be excluded.

4 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

And i am telling you the same law they use to.ban.the.bible can.be used to ban literature and fairytales and biology books and sex ed books.

Why not ban no books?

You are too fixated on 'Christians bad' just as the people responsible for the law were fixated on 'Transgenders bad' to see the damage banning any book does.

Ban no book, I say. Including ones i hate
What’s the correlation between literature and fairytales and biology books and sex ed books and Bible?

2 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:

you learnt about the 1914 war in primary 6 grin amazing.

if you actually learnt anything from history class then you should know that it serves to teach about politics, differences, decisions, mistakes and we can learn CAUSES AND EFFECTS of these factors on humans. How the wars started and ended and how they still affect us. Do you want to equivocate that with destroying whole cities/kingdoms because you heard a voice instructing you to do so?

Many of those nasty killings in the bible were by the doings or instructions of an invisible being. What should a child learn from that?

Don't ban any book.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

What’s the correlation between literature and fairytales and biology books and sex ed books and Bible?

Ban no book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Patrioticman007(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ayomivic:

I love my childhood days. Without teaching of the bible , I wouldn't have been alive because I will surely live a life that would ha e destroy me because that was what the society which I belongs to are.

The Bible had straight my path and mae me a person I am today.

I can never leave out Bible from my children. Ehn ! If I don't bring them up with the teaching of the bible which book outside there can be used to train children? I don't see one like bible. And if there is one bring it and tell me whom he had helped to live a good life.

Thank God they said it was ban in the school not in the homes. There is still hope for the parents to raise a God fearing Children.

Bible is the wisdom, it is the only solution to the problem in the world, in the countries, in the states and in the homes.

The true is that the bad person had take control of that school and it's impact had manifested

Which of the Bible are you talking of ?. Don't tell it's those ones that are being edited by the Church yearly. Those graphics & violent content in the bible would be removed before the end 20th century.

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Ban no book.

Ban books that are not needed and can cause violence in elementary and middle schools.

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by superCleanworks(m): 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ayomivic:

and those born into non christian homes should do what? please face your religion.

3 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

Ban books that are not needed and can cause violence in elementary and middle schools.

Ban no book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by superCleanworks(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Don't ban any book.
Thank you

buy all the versions of bible and read them to your children AT HOME. danke

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Ban no book.
Let muslims parent teach their elementary children quran and religious book they want,
let ifa worshippers teach their elementary children ifa adimula and other religious books they want, etc

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

K.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Meditation01(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
Most people abuse power.They use power to dominate others.They use power to destroy others.Ultimately,when you do this,you lose it.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

K.
Let muslims parent teach their elementary children quran and religious book they want.
let ifa worshippers teach their elementary children ifa adimula and other religious books they want, etc
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by gaddafe(m): 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
ppogba:

If your prophecy comes to pass today, be rest assured that the same thing will not come to pass in Africa or Nigeria in the next 50 years.

What legislature will pass that law in Nigeria?

Wake up sir.

It's not a prophecy, it's where civilisation is taking us to. If you studied Education, Child developmental Psychology, you will understand what I'm trying to say there. Nigeria don't need to pass the law, once it is passed in developed climes, we will just copy it as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Ezechimaobim(m): 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nice one
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by ppogba: 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
gaddafe:

It's not a prophecy, it's where civilisation is taking us to. If you studied Education, Child developmental Psychology, you will understand what I'm trying to say there. Nigeria don't need to pass the law, once it is passed in developed climes, we will just copy it as usual.

Eskis sir,
I insist, not this one.
If you know what religion means to us here, you will agree with me that civilization that will tamper with christianity in Nigeria or Islam in Northern Nigeria has not and can never be conceived.
Let the Americans do their own. Like I said, even if same will happen in Nigeria, 50 years from now is too close.

2 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by gameova(m): 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
kelvindj98:

You no get sense. Utah is one of the most conservative states in the US. It is the banning of LGBTQ books that led to this ban on the Bible.
Utah is just one state out of 50. What about the other states?
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by gameova(m): 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
etrange:

Did you even read the content? They banned books pertaining to sexuality and sexual orientation about a year ago. This is a direct consequence of that policy. It backfired cause the holy book could not be excluded.
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving / Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others / Sex Scandal: Apostle Suleman Bars Church Members From Public Comments - PT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.