Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why (28294 Views)

Slave Bible From 1800 Omitted Key Passages That Could Incite Rebellion / Have You Read The Bible From Genesis To Revelation In A Year Before? / The Middle Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
cococandy:
If only they were really trying to protect kids though.it’s the hypocrisy for me. These law makers “trying to protect kids” have in their chambers child sex offenders who they wine and dine with. Who they campaign for. Their zombies chanting protect the kids go to the polls and vote for domestic abusers and child sex offenders.
It’s has never been anything but how to protect white supremacy. The minorities who vote for them align themselves with them because of homophobia and misogyny/misogynoir.

Exactly and the Black people that support these people are clowns honestly. Imagine a Black man against what "woke" actually means. Conservatives are aiming to turn it into something else to cover their racism and other rights of people they don't like.

Also what about the guns? How does protecting the kids not include heavily restricting guns which are the leading cause of death in America? Those people are so terrible.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2023
sotall:
cool

The internet has killed Christianity.

It is also gradually eroding islam . Islam is only surviving by Polygamy and uncontrolled birth rate.

The only religion worthy of practice by humans is science.
you must be dreaming, not even Rome with all her might could extermninate Christianity, Rome ended up having more than half of her citizens converting to Christianity. No power, any where can overcome Christianity, because the message of Christianity is Jesus christ.

Is it not laughable that the more humans gain knowledge the more they become foolish.
Hahaha, they are so civilized yet can't even differentiate between a man from a woman anymore.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well the bible does depict things like INCEST and human sacrifice as well as cannibalism and hardcore violence.

Is that normal? wink
History contains incest, human sacrifice and cannibalism so History should not be taught. This is a dumb idea , don't you think?
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2023
Steep:
History contains incest, human sacrifice and cannibalism so History should not be taught. This is a dumb idea , don't you think?

Yes, which is why I do not advocate book banning of any kind.

(And the thing is, the bible was not being used to teach any class in the said school. It was just in the library.).
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

Did david not snatch someone’s else wife and killed the husband…:.. and David still got forgiven lol
Yes David got forgiveness because he realised how horribly sinful he was and he needs God.

The secular/atheistic world view can not establish objective morality, from your world view you can defend why killing a man and taking his wife is wrong.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
Chibuezem:
lol we will continue to preach to your children the word of God anywhere we find them... In the bus, in schools, in hospitals, in the markets... Banning the Bible can't stop Christianity..... Many have tried and failed.
But when they want to talk about LGBTQ you draw the line. Is it not the same thing as indoctrination?
I have nothing against religion your comment made me realise how inconsistent these American conservatives are. Indoctrinating kids with religion is not totally different from LGBTQ they hate because they are both shoving their beliefs/ideas down everybody's throats. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
Steep:

Yes David got forgiveness because he realised how horribly sinful he was and he needs God.

The secular/atheistic world view can not establish objective morality, from your world view you can defend why killing a man and taking his wife is wrong.
It was after he did it that he realised lol.

Where is the objective morality of david?
It’s theist that will kill people and say it is from their gods.
Didn’t samuel kill a king because he heard a voice, oya defend it
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes, which is why I do not advocate book banning of any kind.

(And the thing is, the bible was not being used to teach any class in the said school. It was just in the library.).
History, tells you what happens in the past but those other books are telling you it is OK to be a sexual deviant, spot the difference?
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Neoteny7: 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
So many people here said the US is a Christian country, some even said Trump was sent by the Christian god.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Firebomber: 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

I told you I’m not a muslim yet you insisted i am, and even abused me.
can’t you take what you dish out, stop acting like a little bit.ch.

How many countries are in the link you provided, most of it are Christians countries, so who is the baby factory formula now? cheesy

When you quoted me from slum, was I talking about christianity?

None of your link said anything about islam population growing in europe.

You are not ready to learn are you?

You are a dumb head slamming educated illiterate so stop denying it grin cheesy

so funny how you actually leave all the prove I sent to you and still crying. Well it just a simple hisslamic tactic, aviod and evade grin grin

I provided more than 5 links there so tell me which of them says otherwise?

1. Wikipedia says that your Islam growth is due to Baby factory.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

2. Pewresearch says you head slammers are expected to be growing buy birthing like pigs and rats cheesy grin grin

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2019/07/10/for-world-population-day-a-look-at-the-countries-with-the-biggest-projected-gains-and-losses-by-2100/

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2017/04/06/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/

3. Pew research and stastics research show that countries with fastest growing birth rate are Muslim Marjory country.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2019/07/10/for-world-population-day-a-look-at-the-countries-with-the-biggest-projected-gains-and-losses-by-2100/

Can you stop displaying your dumbness with that screenshot? Please tell us how many Christian country are on the list of that screenshot you send.

You are just a dumb head slammer grin grin. Did you neglect the part that I said the hisslam population increase in west was due to immigration policy, did I need to prove that to you too.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
Firebomber:

You are not ready to learn are you?

You are a dumb head slamming educated illiterate so stop denying it grin cheesy

so funny how you actually leave all the prove I sent to you and still crying. Well it just a simple hisslamic tactic, aviod and evade grin grin

I provided more than 5 links there so tell me which of them says otherwise?

1. Wikipedia says that your Islam growth is due to Baby factory.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

2. Pewresearch says you head slammers are expected to be growing buy birthing like pigs and rats cheesy grin grin

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2017/04/06/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/

3. Pew research and stastics research show that countries with fastest growing birth rate are Muslim Marjory country.

Uneducated Illiterate like your creator.
How many muslim countries are here compared to christians?
Who is the real baby factory formula now? grin

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
Steep:
History, tells you what happens in the past but those other books are telling you it is OK to be a sexual deviant, spot the difference?

I have read books which feature a homosezual relationship, and books which also feature some 'deviant' relationships, and that does not mean that I would wake up and decide that I would be a homosexual...especially since I don't have the orientation.

Parents should simply monitor what their children read....not be banning books up and down because as you can see what was meant to be a ban on deviance has led to the bible being caught up in the ban.

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by cococandy(f): 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
AmazonTopaz:

Since Trump came into power and Conservatives control 2/3 of the Supreme Court the Talibangelicals in America have amplified their voices. They came for Roe v Wade last year, SCOTUS may reduce LGBTQ rights in the 303 opinion they will release this month. They are more louder than ever because someone like Trump came to power and amplified their voices. The only good thing about the Trump presidency was that Democrats started to take elections seriously and realise that the Supreme Court is a political branch of government. I am glad younger generation of Americans like genZ don't share the same bigoted views like these hateful conservatives and may Trump or DeSantis not win in 2024.

You get the whole gist .

Nairaland Christians think their “hustle for heaven” type of Christianity is the same as what these white supremacist conservatives people are about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
gaddafe:
It's gradually happening. I told someone something like this last year December. I said the contents of the holy books are not suitable for kids. I said civilisation will soon take us to a stage where kids are not allowed to read the holy books until they attain certain age. Are we not gradually moving towards there now?
They can ban, but the word of God will prevail, not even the Roman empire could stop Christianity, check history Christianity grows more under persecution and hostility.
Lol
China that ban the bible and made preaching the gospel a criminal offense is having her citizens converting to Christianity in droves.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

I have read books which feature a homosezual relationship, and books which also feature some 'deviant' relationships, and that does not mean that I would wake up and decide that I would be a homosexual...especially since I don't have the orientation.

Parents should simply monitor what their children read....not be banning books up and down because as you can see what was meant to be a ban on deviance has led to the bible being caught up in the ban.
That is you, children are the target of these teachings not you.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

Is bible an history book?
And what gruesome “history” will you teach elementary and middle school?
The bible is a collection of books including history.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2023
Steep:
The bible is a collection of books including history.

Which history?

Bible literally means books, it’s a latin word not a Christian word.

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by cococandy(f): 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
AmazonTopaz:

Exactly and the Black people that support these people are clowns honestly. Imagine a Black man against what "woke" actually means. Conservatives are aiming to turn it into something else to cover their racism and other rights of people they don't like.

Also what about the guns? How does protecting the kids not include heavily restricting guns which are the leading cause of death in America? Those people are so terrible.

Ugh. Don’t even get me started.
Kids keep dying in schools everyday due to gun violence but the “protect the kids” crowd keep voting for mass accessibility to guns. Make it make sense.

I just side eye any black person supporting them. Either they are massively ignorant and just jumping on the bandwagon because it’s an opportunity to hate on gay people or they are the worse type. The kind that were used during slavery times to keep other black people in chains. Now They are rooting for white supremacy in hopes that the proximity they get can give them access to power as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

We could ban a lot of literature and fairy tales too.

Like Rapunzel and Cinderella which includes depictons of child abuse and brutality.

And don't get me started on Pinocchio.

Like i said, I don't believe in banning any book. And the bible should be taught in the church and if a.school makes provision for religious classes that involve it.

P.s I.learned about worldwar 1 and 2 in primary 6 as well as the civil.war. I also did some extra.reading too. Yes including deth.
The bible is not like fairy tales, it has real history with evidence. For example Jesus really exist, the four books of the gospel are real historical books of Jesus,
The death m, burial and resurrection of Jesus are real historical events.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
Steep:

The bible is not like fairy tales, it has real history with evidence. For example Jesus really exist, the four books of the gospel are real historical books of Jesus,
The death m, burial and resurrection of Jesus are real historical events.

Did I say that the bible was fairy tales?

You missed the point of my analogy.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

Which history?

History of the jews, history of Jesus christ, history of people like David, Moses, Joshua etc.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Did I say that the bible was fairy tales?

You missed the point of my analogy.
There is no comparison, do you compare biology to fairy tales?
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
Steep:

History of the jews, history of Jesus christ, history of people like David, Moses, Joshua etc.
They are fairy tales that are found only in your books written by UNKNOWN AUTHORS.
Which historian do you see quote New Testament or tanakh as history sources?

You are reading a jew book, don’t you think they will make their nation and their local god, yahweh superior?lol
Adding and removing so the story can be sweet to be gobbled by theists like you!

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Chibuezem(m): 10:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:

Eyyah. He is teaching me acronyms. I am touched. 😂🤣

you asked for it Sir. If I'm wrong pls do well to correct me.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

No, most europeans are converting to islam.

“Uncontrolled birth rate” lol, in America, there are more abortions than birth rate.
More Muslims are abandoning Islam.
The number of people converting into a certain belief or non belief does not necessarily proves its validity.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
Steep:

More Muslims are abandoning Islam.
The number of people converting into a certain belief or non belief does not necessarily proves its validity.
More christians are also abandoning christianity.
It also does not invalidate the validity.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by cococandy(f): 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
legitnow1:

THE ONLY TIME, I'M NO LONGER SCARED OF DIEING IS FOR CHRIST.

WHAT DO U THINK?
a simple yes or no would suffix undecided
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Amujale(m): 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

Most Europeans are Christians, Roman Catholism

I will give you that, eventhough it's false, it may sounds good to you, however, in actuality, in accordance with the evidence, most Europeans believe in the Evolution Theory.

Its possible for me to make these conclusions, as these findings are based on the results of experimental research, these aren't based on theoretical theories.

Our team of analysts spent over 1000 hours on the streets of European and American cities interviewing the specific demographic and eventhough, there was a few pockets that professed their Catholic faith, overwhelming from the Latino community it must be said, the majority spoke about the Evolution theory.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Ever8090: 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:
Yeah. I wonder how a child would be comfortable reading how 40,000 people was wiped out because of 10 commandments

or thousands of snakes biting everyone till the IMAGE OF A SNAKE was created. but the same people were admonished for the image of a calf.

or wild bears tearing children apart because of another man's head.

Seriously I would deal with any teacher that brings religion to my child.

Feel free to buy all the versions of bible and read them to your children AT HOME. You can do it with loud speaker if you want.
keep your religion at home.
this type of goat will always masturbate on things like this....
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
Steep:

That is you, children are the target of these teachings not you.

Lol, even as a child, I read a lot of books...like the one where Snow white is kissed by a prince to wake her up, ditto Sleeping Beauty.

So did that mean as a child, that I would go round kissing sleeping girls? Obviously not.

If after years of gay indoctrination by the LGBTQ lobby, the number of gay children has not gone above 50% (it is well below 10%) either it is not working...or quite simply, children read child appropriate gay material, and put it down and go back to their lives.

At the end of the day, banning books always backfires. A gay may ban a book like the Bible ..only to find out that the same parameters one used to ban the Bible would be used to ban the books the gay person likes.They can start shouting frredom of speech...but the fact is the fire they set to affect others is affecting them

There is a reason why I believe in freedom for all. If you start restricting people's rights, your rights would be restricted. AND THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED HERE. A rule meant to stop gay material from falling into the hands of children was used to ban the bible from the library.....on the same grounds. If such a rule had not been passed, the bible would have been STILL in the library, and no one would have batted an eyelid.

At the end of the day, either we teach our children to draw close to God and be discerning. ...or we use man made laws that Satan would cleverly use against us when the time comes. The road to hell is paved with good intentions afterall.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
Steep:
There is no comparison, do you compare biology to fairy tales?

Ah yeah, good e'en. I have tried.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Firebomber: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

Uneducated Illiterate like your creator.
How many muslim countries are here compared to christians?
Who is the real baby factory formula now? grin

grin grin cheesy continue with the repeat grin grin, seems that give you more joy to cry over

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: Apostle Suleman Bars Church Members From Public Comments - PT / Samuel Adefila Abidoye's 2018 Prophecy: Celebrities And Politicians Will Die / Quote Me, Pastors Use Juju To Hold Their Members! --- Guru Maharaj Ji’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.