Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,139 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why (28248 Views)

Slave Bible From 1800 Omitted Key Passages That Could Incite Rebellion / Have You Read The Bible From Genesis To Revelation In A Year Before? / The Middle Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Kingosytex(m): 6:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
BusinessPlan22:

You are an idiot and a Satan, if you ever believe TB Joshua was from the true Messiah... Yes he was worshipping something, but definitely not the Jesus of the Bible

You are an idiot, a slowpoke, and complete nonentity if you think the late prophet wasn't from the true messiah. I never knew you guys had the keys to heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by OmonnakOdapig: 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:
Yeah. I wonder how a child would be comfortable reading how 40,000 people was wiped out because of 10 commandments
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Ajofiapero(m): 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
Most of The stories in the Bible are still relatable as stories of war and crises still linger till date, "beheading of john" can still be seen in the modern day where it can happen among siblings.

As much as the bible contains good news, without a touch of horror or bad, it would look like a fairly tale, honestly. This is just the Holy book being realistic in it's teachings.

From childhood My eye don dey see shege pass the tori wey dey bible gon.

Nigeria tori suppose dey as one HISTORY TEXTBOOK used in foreign higher citadels of learning.

Simple the Antichrist bringing up reasons to stop the teachings of Christ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2023
dyera:

If you throw the baby out with the bath water, you will definitely regret it. What they should have done is ban the old testament from kids and leave the new testament. The new testament is the greatest book in the world. They will definitely feel the negative effect of banning the new testament in time.

Ah the New Testament

Which includes a gruesome description of human torture, a description of a massacare, a description of someone dying that could come from the pages of a Stephen king novel, people being stoned to death, or killed, and a book filled with eldritch abominations.

I haven't mentioned the implied racism yet.

2 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by omoadeleye(m): 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

100%

You are the demonic bro.

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by hammerT: 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
LGBT CREW AT WORK.

THEY BAN IT, BECAUSE IT TEACHES KIDS GAY IS WRONG, AND THEY HAVE MOVE LGBT HEADQUARTERS TO BABY SCHOOL.(CATCH THEM CLUELESS)

IN SOME CASES THEY MUTILATE THE CHILDREN WITHOUT INFORMING THEIR PARENTS. PUMPING THEM WITH ALL SOUGHT OF HORMONES AS THEY LIKE.

UMU EKWENSU! cc cococandy

2 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Gbeng30(m): 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Well it's a sign of end time, bible is been ban but adult or sex education where allow to be teach at a tender age
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by XAUBulls: 6:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE
True that. The so-called Old Testament contains some brutally vicious and violent texts in it relating to war and the sharing of the spoils of war. Sexually explicit texts are also contained in the Songs of Solomon.

For a couple of years now, I stopped seeing the bible as a holy book because of these vivid contradictory texts and violence it contains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Gent: 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE

Ban on the Bible which is the Word of God? I fear what will happen to America, they will sink deeper & deeper.
They consider LGBTQ okay? I can see the end of America.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by superCleanworks(m): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
GLouis:

But trans men can strip dance front of children.

you are the one that said so.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by linearity: 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
gameova:
Lol bible banned but LGBTQ nonsense will be allowed LMAO. The world is gone to shit. Accept Christ folks.

You must lack comprehension, go read it again!

Utah is an ultra religious state in the USA albeit Mormon is the dominant religion but they are heavy on morals and heavily anti LGBTQ and have ban most of those.

The removing of the Bible is a parent in Utah using the GOP playbook against them. In trying to ban LGBTQ+ law makers in Utah has ban all books that depicts violence, sexual, etc, this lead to many books being removed from schools, the main target for removal were LGBTQ+ books, books they think teaches ‘woke culture’, etc

A parent sensing an opening then uses their playbook against complained in this district that, the Bible also contain violence and sex, though the district reached a different conclusion but, they still removed the Bible.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Gent: 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE

Honestly, l really weep for America & Americans.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by sotall(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
Tommydare:
No....science too is full of theories that are not empirical or consistent....

Nope!

Science is all about research, learning, re-learning and updating knowledge.

Not standing on ignorance when new knowledge is available

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by isabi2lof: 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
Na to ban Nigerians remain grin

E better make we use our heads as Africans, all these white people dem no to well liadat
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by nairalanda1(m): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
mannatech:

Hansel and Gretel is a fairy tale. A work of fiction though depicting gruesome acts but trying to teach kids not to take things from strangers cause those strangers might be doing so to deceive them meanwhile, hippos are known to attack humans not to talk of kids.
You can't use these points as your argument is invalid when you compare this with the Bible that contains events that shows people we worship commiting acts that today are considered crimes

I suggest you read the report which states that the Bible was never part of the school curriculum
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by gaddafe(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
ppogba:

Eskis sir,
I insist, not this one.
If you know what religion means to us here, you will agree with me that civilization that will tamper with christianity in Nigeria or Islam in Northern Nigeria has not and can never be conceived.
Let the Americans do their own. Like I said, even if same will happen in Nigeria, 50 years from now is too close.

You can insist whatever you like, it doesn't erode the fact on the issue. About 150 years ago, your ancestors were not Christians or Muslims. Is that the case today? They probably also thought like you that no one could change their religion. About 30 years ago, it was seen as an abomination for a girl to wear short skimpy dress and walk freely in the streets. Infact she will be boed by passers by. Is that the case today? The Bible encourages us to spank a child when he/she goes wrong, but civilisation and the western world thinks otherwise, how is that faring where you are? Are teachers still allowed to flog today? Even though it's not expressly in our laws. If you settle down and look at it, Nigerians are not religious. Not even for one bit. We just serve God because of poverty. Take away poverty and you will see the true Nigerians.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by sonofElElyon: 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:
Yeah. I wonder how a child would be comfortable reading how 40,000 people was wiped out because of 10 commandments

or snake biting everyone

or wild bears tearing children apart because of another man's head.

Seriously I would deal with any teacher that brings religion to my child.

Feel free to buy all the versions of bible and read them to your children AT HOME. You can do it with loud speaker if you want.
keep your religion at home.

The video games aren't worse I imagine
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by superCleanworks(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
sonofElElyon:

The video games aren't worse I imagine
but video games are not the topic or subject of discussion here. you don't have to imagine to KNOW that.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by LordReed(m): 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
gameova:
Lol bible banned but LGBTQ nonsense will be allowed LMAO. The world is gone to shit. Accept Christ folks.

LoLz. It was precisely because they wanted to ban "LGBTQ nonsense" that caused this. The wording of the law means that the Bible also fell short of the standard they promulgated. There is rape, incest, adultery, etc all in the Bible so go figure.

2 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Krak(m): 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
gameova:

Both were actually banned by the district. Read the article carefully.

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Chibuezem(m): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:

or snake biting everyone

Feel free to buy all the versions of bible and read them to your children AT HOME. You can do it with loud speaker if you want.
lol we will continue to preach to your children the word of God anywhere we find them... In the bus, in schools, in hospitals, in the markets... Banning the Bible can't stop Christianity..... Many have tried and failed.

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by superCleanworks(m): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Chibuezem:
lol we will continue to preach to your children the word of God anywhere we find them... In the bus, in schools, in hospitals, in the markets... Banning the Bible can't stop Christianity..... Many have tried and failed.
Exactly what a maniac would do. keep it up.
and by the way, what is lol?
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by superCleanworks(m): 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
Krak:

Both were actually banned by the district. Read the article carefully.

leave those people and their selective reading.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by KayB: 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2023
Alihamdulilah
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Chibuezem(m): 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:

if you see me as a maniac for sharing what I love with my fellow human it's alright
Lol =laugh out loud.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Chibuezem(m): 7:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:

I like how you come online searching for scrabble players online... Trying to advertise your love for scrabble.... It's wonderful grin
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by cococandy(f): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
Do you know their mantra as Christian parents is “we do not co-parent with the government?”

Seems that’s only convenient when they don’t want the government teaching them about other people who don’t share the same beliefs as they do. But as soon as they can use the government to force Christian values on everyone else, they don’t mind coparenting anymore.

Also I’m typing this as I’m getting ready for church. So yes there are Christians who are capable of seeing the systemic hypocrisy within the religion. Obviously not everyone is that way. At least you can see it too and I urge you to remain that way. It makes you a better Christian not a dogmatic one

nairalanda1:

True to some extent

But the average Christian parent in the US is a blue collar worker who works long hours. He or she probably does not have time to monitor whar their children consume. Laws such as the book bans are a quick way of 'assuaging fears'. After all since one does not have time to check on what the children read or consume, let the law do it for me.

But laws are not meant as a parenting tool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by TenQ: 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:

or snake biting everyone till the IMAGE OF A SNAKE was created. but the same people were admonished for the image of a calf.

But they can read about
Harry Potter
Peter Pan
Superman, Spiderman, Cain comics are allowed
Alexander the Great
The Greek Odyssey
They can teach American Civil war and the defeat of Adolf Hitler in WW2
They can invite Drag Queens to school and teach that your mummy can be a man.

SMH!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Aposteli1(m): 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2023
Continue!!!
The end is nearer than before.
Please, give your life to Christ now.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by seunayantokun(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2023
For we can do nothing against the truth but for the truth.

Those who are against the Bible are hurting because its truth agrees with their pricking conscience. They desire a dead conscience and no Bible to wake it up when they depart from the morally correct human sense.

But it doesn't matter how long madness take
a man away from mother earth, he shall finally be consumed by it.

Jesus Christ who you have rejected as your Lord and Saviour you cannot avoid as you ultimate Judge for eternity.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Kay25(m): 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
Stupid moves they ain't banning guns bible is their problem wait for more deaths in the district

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"Suleman Heals The Blind & Crippled In Liberia Amidst Massive Crowd"- Says Owusu / Spiritual Grace; Amazing Pictures! / Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.