Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why (28284 Views)

Slave Bible From 1800 Omitted Key Passages That Could Incite Rebellion / Have You Read The Bible From Genesis To Revelation In A Year Before? / The Middle Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by superCleanworks(m): 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Chibuezem:
I like how you come online searching for scrabble players online... Trying to advertise your love for scrabble.... It's wonderful grin
Trying? what a funny boy.
yes you are right. I also have a scrabble club and I have played with some of the best hands in west Africa with a few medals to show for it. What else?
You need to spend time searching your own life profile because your like or dislike is irrelevant.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by emmaitive(m): 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
the gospel will still be spread, wether they like it or not. Jesus is the way the truth and the life
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by superCleanworks(m): 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
Chibuezem:
if you see me as a maniac for sharing what I love with my fellow human it's alright
Lol =laugh out loud.

Eyyah. He is teaching me acronyms. I am touched. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by legitnow1: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
cococandy:
Do you know their mantra as Christian parents is ā€œwe do not co-parent with the government?ā€

Seems thatā€™s only convenient when they donā€™t want the government teaching them about other people who donā€™t share the same beliefs as they do. But as soon as they can use the government to force Christian values on everyone else, they donā€™t mind coparenting anymore.

Also Iā€™m typing this as Iā€™m getting ready for church. So yes there are Christians who are capable of seeing the systemic hypocrisy within the religion. Obviously not everyone is that way. At least you can see it too and I urge you to remain that way. It makes you a better Christian not a dogmatic one

LOOK WOMAN, U EITHER ON THE LORDS SIDE OR WITH THE LGBT CREW.

I DOUBT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RESIST WHAT IS COMING.

U HAVE NO IDEA, WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, AS USUAL.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Tommydare(m): 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2023
There some things science can't solve bro. Life is transcendental. I repeat, most of the scientific theories are not empirical or reliable. They are always controversial. Scientists only makes their conclusions on what they saw or observed which someone else will fault later. As Africans will say, what faces you might be backing someone.
sotall:

Nope!

Science is all about research, learning, re-learning and updating knowledge.

Not standing on ignorance when new knowledge is available
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by fabolouz1(m): 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
The world needs prayers now more than ever.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by sotall(m): 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
Tommydare:
There some things science can't solve bro. Life is transcendental. I repeat, most of the scientific theories are not empirical or reliable. They are always controversial. Scientists only makes their conclusions on what they saw or observed which someone else will fault later. As Africans will say, what faces you might be backing someone.

This is a myopic conclusion and doesn't represent the result of mainstream science.
The world as we have it today works and runs on the many science discoveries and inventions.

Yes there are areas of dispute in science or where scientists do not agree but that's very insignificant few.
And with time as more research is done and more knowledge becomes available, everyone comes to an agreeable conclusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by billyG(m): 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
The violent passages most pastors used to preach with vigor Amelika want to ban it.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Khafsun: 9:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
gameova:
Lol bible banned but LGBTQ nonsense will be allowed LMAO. The world is gone to shit. Accept Christ folks.
It's because the republican govt. banned that that they eventually banned the bible

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Firebomber: 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

Islam is one of the fastest growing religion in the world, especially in the west.

Smile, no one dispute the fact that your hisslam is fastest breeding religon in the world, grin cheesy, you guys should be competing with rats and pigs in term of breeding. You mean through the immigration policy in west. Hilarious
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
Firebomber:

Smile, no one dispute the fact that your hisslam is fastest breeding religon in the world, grin cheesy, you guys should be competing with rats and pigs in term of breeding. You mean through the immigration policy in west. Hilarious
Iā€™m not a muslim.

And using your logic, muslim countries should be the most populated countries then.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Firebomber: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
Patrioticman007:

Which of the Bible are you talking of ?. Don't tell it's those ones that are being edited by the Church yearly. Those graphics & violent content in the bible would be removed before the end 20th century.

You mean the way your haddith are been review every month grin grin
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Firebomber: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

Iā€™m not a muslim.

And using your logic, muslim countries should be the most populated countries then.

You are not a muslim but reason like one grin grin, why denying your identity.

You use my logic to make an irrelevant comparison. You should have said that Muslim countries should have the fastest growing rate, which is true.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/264687/countries-with-the-highest-population-growth-rate/

You see one thing about you head slammers, you tend to behave like an educated illiterate sometimes, the same statistics that said that your hisslam is the fastest growing religion also clarify it that because of high birth rate but you people neglect that part and start copy and pasting the " fastest growing religion" part since you know that majority of the followers are dumb and tend to act like a programmable computer( garbage in garbage out).
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
Firebomber:

You are not a muslim but reason like one grin grin, why denying your identity, come out plan.

Exactly.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/264687/countries-with-the-highest-population-growth-rate/

You see one thing about you head slammers, you tend to behave like an educated illiterate sometimes, the same statistics that said that your hisslam is the fastest growing religion also clarify it that because of high birth rate but you people neglect that part and start copy and pasting the " fastest growing religion" part since you know that majority of the followers are dumb and tend to act like a programmable computer( garbage in garbage out).
You are a liar like your creator.
Your link didnā€™t say anything about islam as fastest growing religion talkless of ā€œclarifyingā€ it is because of high birth rate.

Using your logic muslim countries should be the most populated or they just started breeding like rats?
Islam has existed for hundreds of years.

And also, the link you provided how many musiim countries are there?
MOST of it are christian countries lol

you see that you are the uneducated illiterate now, you and your creator competing with rats and pigs in term of breeding.

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by cococandy(f): 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
Are you on the lordā€™s side?
legitnow1:

LOOK WOMAN, U EITHER ON THE LORDS SIDE OR WITH THE LGBT CREW.

I DOUBT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RESIST WHAT IS COMING.

U HAVE NO IDEA, WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, AS USUAL.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
I don't understand the reason why American conservatives are banning books. It is based on hate and it has come back to bite them.
gaddafe:
It's gradually happening. I told someone something like this last year December. I said the contents of the holy books are not suitable for kids. I said civilisation will soon take us to a stage where kids are not allowed to read the holy books until they attain certain age. Are we not gradually moving towards there now?
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by legitnow1: 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
cococandy:
Are you on the lordā€™s side?

THE ONLY TIME, I'M NO LONGER SCARED OF DIEING IS FOR CHRIST.

WHAT DO U THINK?
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Overwokeness and liberalism would finally collapse americans. They founding fathers were christians.
American founding fathers stated that America was not a Christian nation and established the first amendment's establishment clause which separates the Church from the state.

Read the article before talking about woke and liberalism. It is conservatives that are banning books and the laws are coming back to bite them.

2 Likes

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

We could ban a lot of literature and fairy tales too.

Like Rapunzel and Cinderella which includes depictons of child abuse and brutality.

And don't get me started on Pinocchio.

Like i said, I don't believe in banning any book. And the bible should be taught in the church and if a.school makes provision for religious classes that involve it.

P.s I.learned about worldwar 1 and 2 in primary 6 as well as the civil.war. I also did some extra.reading too. Yes including deth.
I agree with this, the book banning issue is a very slippery slope and quite stupid. Their aim is to attack the black and LGBTQ community but they are so dumb to know that there could be repercussions such as this one.

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Amujale(m): 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
gameova:
Accept Chris.

You cannot give unto someone, the precise thing that one already has.

The term 'Christ' is an adaptation of African intellectual properties.

Africans invented all the better things in life

Jesus is a fictional character.

You are better off accepting the legacy that came about due to the brilliance of our parents and feed off of that in order to make our world a better place opposed to giving your soul away to fictional characters that were created by foreign extremist ideologues.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

No, most europeans are converting to islam.

ā€œUncontrolled birth rateā€ lol, in America, there are more abortions than birth rate.
Based on which data is the above assertion true?

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Amujale(m): 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
Bravo! Utah District are making the correct moves šŸ‘
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Firebomber: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

You are a liar like your creator.
Your link didnā€™t say anything about islam as fastest growing religion talkless of ā€œclarifyingā€ it is because of high birth rate.

Using your logic muslim countries should be the most populated or they just started breeding like rats?
Islam has existed for hundreds of years.

And also, the link you provided how many musiim countries are there?
MOST of it are christian countries lol

you see that you are the uneducated illiterate now

Smile, why are you in pain? I thought you claim not to be a muslim but already angry with the Truth just like a Muslim grin

I thought we are discussing about how islam was growing by baby factory formular, so how is my link not proving it?

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2019/07/10/for-world-population-day-a-look-at-the-countries-with-the-biggest-projected-gains-and-losses-by-2100/

Seems you are one of the educated illiterate in nairaland, did I need to remind you that Christianity still hold the record of the highest religious population in the world.

I'm here telling you that your hisslam was projected to be the fastest growing religion not because of convertion but breeding rate ( baby factory religion)

The main reasons for Islamā€™s growth ultimately involve simple demographics. To begin with, Muslims have more children than members of the seven other major religious groups analyzed in the study. Muslim women have an average of 2.9 children, significantly above the next-highest group (Christians at 2.6) and the average of all non-Muslims (2.2). In all major regions where there is a sizable Muslim population, Muslim fertility exceeds non-Muslim fertility.
https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2017/04/06/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/

It is projected that birth rates ā€“ rather than conversion ā€“ will prove the main factor in the growth of any given religion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

So next time learn to be questioning every trash that your cleric tells you.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:
Yeah. I wonder how a child would be comfortable reading how 40,000 people was wiped out because of 10 commandments

or thousands of snakes biting everyone till the IMAGE OF A SNAKE was created. but the same people were admonished for the image of a calf.

or wild bears tearing children apart because of another man's head.

Seriously I would deal with any teacher that brings religion to my child.

Feel free to buy all the versions of bible and read them to your children AT HOME. You can do it with loud speaker if you want.
keep your religion at home.
Why should kids be thought the gruesome history of world War 2?
The bible contains history.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
cococandy:
They didnā€™t think far ahead enough. As they usually donā€™t. In their eagerness to oppress those who donā€™t believe in the Bible, they ended up passing a law that oppresses themselves too.
Thatā€™s why thereā€™s nothing better than live and let live. Even the Bible says it. US conservatives want to be the Taliban so badly

Since Trump came into power and Conservatives control 2/3 of the Supreme Court the Talibangelicals in America have amplified their voices. They came for Roe v Wade last year, SCOTUS may reduce LGBTQ rights in the 303 opinion they will release this month. They are more louder than ever because someone like Trump came to power and amplified their voices. The only good thing about the Trump presidency was that Democrats started to take elections seriously and realise that the Supreme Court is a political branch of government. I am glad younger generation of Americans like genZ don't share the same bigoted views like these hateful conservatives and may Trump or DeSantis not win in 2024.

1 Like

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Steep(m): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
chemystery:
Great move. Ancient books that glorifies violence, profanity, slavery, magic and the rest, should be done away with in this modern age.
So history textbooks glorifies violence?

So children should not be taught history, because it contains slavery and war?
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

I'm a Christian myself, and i think the laws were made out of a misguided attempt to protect children from sometimes extreme material that mutated into a witch hunting and book burning exercise

Indeed one thing i hate hearing is 'We must protect the children ' because while that is true ( there is a reason why we have ratings systems) taken to an extreme it can lead to things like the above.

Banning books always backfires. Whoever does it
If they care about protecting the children they should start with heavily regulating guns.
Guns are one of the leading causes of death for American children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
Firebomber:

Smile, why are you in pain? I thought you claim not to be a muslim but already angry with the Truth just like a Muslim grin

I thought we are discussing about how islam was growing by baby factory formular, so how is my link not proving it?

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2019/07/10/for-world-population-day-a-look-at-the-countries-with-the-biggest-projected-gains-and-losses-by-2100/

Seems you are one of the educated illiterate in nairaland, did I need to remind you that Christianity still hold the record of the highest religious population in the world.

I'm here telling you that your hisslam was projected to be the fastest growing religion not because of convertion but breeding rate ( baby factory religion)

The main reasons for Islamā€™s growth ultimately involve simple demographics. To begin with, Muslims have more children than members of the seven other major religious groups analyzed in the study. Muslim women have an average of 2.9 children, significantly above the next-highest group (Christians at 2.6) and the average of all non-Muslims (2.2). In all major regions where there is a sizable Muslim population, Muslim fertility exceeds non-Muslim fertility.
https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2017/04/06/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/

It is projected that birth rates ā€“ rather than conversion ā€“ will prove the main factor in the growth of any given religion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

So next time learn to be questioning every trash that your cleric tells you.

I told you Iā€™m not a muslim yet you insisted i am, and even abused me.
canā€™t you take what you dish out, stop acting like a little bit.ch.

How many countries are in the link you provided, most of it are Christians countries, so who is the baby factory formula now? cheesy

When you quoted me from slum, was I talking about christianity?

None of your link said anything about islam population growing in europe.

Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Amujale(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
Maynmann:

No, most europeans are converting to islam.

That's untrue.

Most Europeans don't subscribe to neither Christianity nor Islam, most are 'free thinkers'.

The irony is that its us Africans that amount for some of the largest amount of following in either of these foreign extremist ideologies.

These are the reasons that anyone could come up with what you spouting here.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
cococandy:

Letā€™s be clear. Porn was never accessible to kids at school. This is the language they use to make it seem as if some inappropriate thing was sanctioned and being taught to kids in school.

What they banned was any teaching that made it so kids are more aware and accepting of other kids from other races, family structures and religions. Itā€™s the classic ā€œgive a dog a band name so you can hang itā€ situation going on here. But the summary is that itā€™s white supremacy trying to hold onto power using religion as they always have.

They even started false teachings saying that slavery was a choice and black slaves were treated like family. They are banning accurate historical teachings that portray their forefathers as the true monsters they were and hoping they can keep their kids on the path to upholding white supremacy
In summary, they are White Conservatives who are scared of being the minority groups in the West so these are part of their efforts to strike back. It is all coordinated by Right-wing billionaire elites too, that's why they wanted Roe gone because there is this propaganda that the White race is being reduced through abortions, they are attacking LGBTQ people for fear of their population and are also hostile to immigrants. I cannot in my right senses support such platforms filled with hate and wanting to control people's lives from a false sense of superiority.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Firebomber: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
AmazonTopaz:

Based on which data is the above assertion true?

The guy is one of the dumb educated illiterate nairaland head slammers claiming to be an atheist. So funny the dummy don't know that it hisslam would have gone into extinction if not for the death penalty for islam revert.
Re: Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why by Maynmann: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
Amujale:

That's untrue.

Most Europeans don't subscribe to neither Christianity nor Islam, most are 'free thinkers'.

The irony is that its us Africans that amount for some of the largest amount of following in either of these foreign extremist ideologies.

These are the reasons that anyone could come up with what you spouting here.
Most Europeans are Christians, Roman Catholism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others / Sex Scandal: Apostle Suleman Bars Church Members From Public Comments - PT / Samuel Adefila Abidoye's 2018 Prophecy: Celebrities And Politicians Will Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.