Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock (26790 Views)

Alleged Flouting Of Court Order: We Are Copying The FG - TUC President, Osifo / Fuel Subsidy: NLC Issues Seven-Day Nationwide Strike Notice / FG, TUC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by OgbeniOja1: 9:17pm On Jun 04, 2023

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by bionixs: 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:
We know who the NLC is working for.
whoever they are working for , Nigerians are suffering. If they fight for interest of the masses, it means they are working well

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by OgbeniOja1: 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
N

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by SMJay: 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
Saao:
are you not in Nigeria? Today I left ajah to Alapere ketu. I spent 5k to and fro. I thought it will be cheaper than driving, I end up spending more. Imagine someone earning 40k a month, how would they survive? Forget the politics and face the reality.
it will be worse off tomorrow
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by fredoooooo: 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
Dem don start to dey play opposition already ..
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Frankie6835: 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
Wish NLC chairman can remix Adams Oshiomhole character while in office

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by obyno82: 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Im surprised that only igbos carry the NLC nationwide strike on their head like Gala.

Very bitter souls who are always against every good thing that will move this country forward.

A shame

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, NLPolicewoman. Rule violation

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by patrickcollins: 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
Cloudflare:
To those "this govt will favour me and my family" gang. How far? E dey favour una abi e no dey favour una? Idiots and fools everywhere!
Favour wetin e go touch everybody

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Eriokanmi: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:
The masses ,.of course. 30k minimum wage is worthless under the current subsidy regime. Stop politicising this.

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Petacephas: 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
You are either an Apc man or a yoruba man. I pity you. Do you know what people are facing at all? Why would a right thinking person remove subsidy without putting right measure to cushion the effect. Is he thinking at all?
Confirmedzombie:
Im surprised that only igbos carry the NLC nationwide strike on their head like Gala.

Very bitter souls who are always against every good thing that will move this country forward.

A shame

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by SmartyPants(m): 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Stop this. We need to hold our leaders accountable. That's how you build corrupt free nations that work. Even in the US evenbif its over 50 years a crime against the people is committed the leaders or govt is held accountable.

You can't just declare no subsidy with nothing on ground to alleviate the suffering of the people to an extent. The least they could do is import busses to high density areas with subsidised bus fares .

Sis where is the money?

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Pat081: 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:
To me they are not working for anybody when Goodluck was in power what did this so call Tinubu do at that time So what goes around comes around let him too face it this time

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Khyrvxjzy: 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2023
Saao:
are you not in Nigeria? Today I left ajah to Alapere ketu. I spent 5k to and fro. I thought it will be cheaper than driving, I end up spending more. Imagine someone earning 40k a month, how would they survive? Forget the politics and face the reality.

bro no vex wetin i won talk, b4 subsidy so that tfare supposed b 2k or 2.5k but bro that still much ibadan that journey no supposed pass 5h, lagos is rubbish they sud fix transportation, danfo won kill me

Mai b governor i get plan for transportation for lagos
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by chariiks(m): 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
Saao:
God bless you my brother. Don't mind that fool that is feeding fat from this evil. I e way or the other it ll affect him or those close to him. Nothing on earth is permanent

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by ivandrag0n: 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:

Very true. Ajaero is Aja = Dog & Ero = Mob. Ajaero = Dog of the Mob. So, you see, the AJAERO IS THE DOG OF THE LP/OBIDIENTS MOB. May God frustrate his wicked schemes and shame him and his evil backers.

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by chariiks(m): 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

A shame
Na so tribal bigots. Bringing in ethnicity into everything. And later they ll call themselves patriots. Using the old tricks of divide and rules them

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by airsaylongcome: 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:
I hope the TUC will be more reasonable than the NLC

Give the Government sometime to put structures on ground and the Govt must carry the TUC along

Then if the Government is not doing her part, then strike should be declared

I do not understand the kind of magic Joe and the NLC want Asiwaju to perform in less than a week

You want to know the kind of "magic" they can perform to show good faith? Reduce the cost of governance. A situation were you have multiple SA, SSA, TA and several other useless "assistants" roles needs to be dealt with first. Nigeria is "broke" shebi? Then reduce the cost of governance drastically. Eliminate all useless allowancea and estacodes. Then government can ask Nigerians to reciprocate the gesture.

NLC absence is just a charade though. They've all been bought out.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by chariiks(m): 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Saao:
God bless you my brother. Don't mind that fool that is feeding fat from this evil. I e way or the other it ll affect you or those close to you. Nothing on earth is permanent
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by OneCandleAway(f): 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

Sis where is the money?

Tell him to probe the $800 million World Bank gave us for subsidy palliative months back. That is enough to get busses for cheap mass transit
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by leo22(m): 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:

Here goes another ode. Mugu

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by drugBaronTINUBU: 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:
Tinubu is not as stubborn as OBJ
If Oshiomole an Edo man as NLC president can deal with OBJ, who is Tinubu that Ajeero (Another edo man) can't deal with🤣🤣
NLC is about to be active again
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:
I hope the TUC will be more reasonable than the NLC

Give the sometime to put structures on ground and the Govt must carry the TUC along

Then if the Government is not doing her part, then strike should be declared

I do not understand the kind of magic Joe and the NLC want Asiwaju to perform in less than a week

Why didn't the government the government out that structure in place that you talk about and carry all stakeholders along so they don't be on this loggerhead? It's good to be proactive at all times.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by airsaylongcome: 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

Sis where is the money?

The money to pay for subsidy? Reduce the cost of governance. Eliminate all profligacy by not appointing several "special assistants". Do away with all allowances for government officials. We will easily see ₦2 trillion if they do those

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Judolisco(m): 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2023
TUC Don use back knife chop NLC yam
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by backnbeta(f): 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2023
Let's be realistic for once. FG should have had a concrete negotiation with the stakeholders before announcing subsidy removal. Negotiation should be held while we are still buying at the old price. TUC o gbodo gba bo de.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by drugBaronTINUBU: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

A shame
Lolz
Suffering and smilling

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Bebissa: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
Las Las tinubu no go hear dem

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by dominic17: 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2023
It's obvious NLC is working for common good of Nigerians while TUC has sold out Nigeria workers.how can someone wake up one day and stabilize the entire country economy in the name of subside removal without stake holders engagement,is Nigeria is personal property?
seanfer:

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by drugBaronTINUBU: 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2023
Raf4:

Let them go and declare strike in aba, enugu, awkwa etc. We'll be observing them from other parts of the country.
Eyah
Ajeero is not an igbo man
Nor be everything dem dey use robbed the igbos
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Kay25(m): 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:

They are working for Nigerians

Nigerians are simply reminding Tinubu of his words to Goodluck Jonathan in 2012 over the latter decision to remove fuel subsidy
Yes tinubu could tell Gej then not to remove subsidy cos it wasn't ripe then
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by SmartyPants(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

The money to pay for subsidy? Reduce the cost of governance. Eliminate all profligacy by not appointing several "special assistants". Do away with all allowances for government officials. We will easily see ₦2 trillion if they do those

Can we do specifics? Can you give me a rough idea specifically whose allowances you would cut to add up to the figure?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arrested Boko Haram Member Planned To Launch Bomb Attack In Ondo (photos) / FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre / Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy