Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock (26789 Views)

Alleged Flouting Of Court Order: We Are Copying The FG - TUC President, Osifo / Fuel Subsidy: NLC Issues Seven-Day Nationwide Strike Notice / FG, TUC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by maasoap(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
Saao:
are you not in Nigeria? Today I left ajah to Alapere ketu. I spent 5k to and fro. I thought it will be cheaper than driving, I end up spending more. Imagine someone earning 40k a month, how would they survive? Forget the politics and face the reality.

Most of the Nairalanders and Nigerians who are in support of fuel subsidy removal, I wonder if they are working yet, paying rents, feeding family and taking care of other bills.

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by drugBaronTINUBU: 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:
I hope the TUC will be more reasonable than the NLC

Give the Government sometime to put structures on ground and the Govt must carry the TUC along

Then if the Government is not doing her part, then strike should be declared

I do not understand the kind of magic Joe and the NLC want Asiwaju to perform in less than a week
He should have put the things on ground first.
That's what responsible leaders do

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by toneroforever(m): 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Im surprised that only igbos carry the NLC nationwide strike on their head like Gala.

Very bitter souls who are always against every good thing that will move this country forward.

A shame

Like u were motivated by bitterness to carry it against GEJ in 2012. BAT go hear am. Revert to 195/liter before negotiation period.
But unlike u,
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by sixtuso(m): 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2023
smileyoo:
na waaa oooo, tribalism no dey even tire una ?
why tribalise and trivialize every sensitive issue affecting nigerians ?
Igbos have suffered so much in your people's gibberish rants, to the point of you guys sounding stupid ?
Very Very stupid. They might be kid
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by SmartyPants(m): 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Tell him to probe the $800 million World Bank gave us for subsidy palliative months back. That is enough to get busses for cheap mass transit

Break it down for me please - we need to provide transit systems for 200 million people. How may buses exactly do you think will do? What is the unit cost of each, and is there money to sustain their operations or is the 800 million meant to last forever?

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Paramount01(m): 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
Saao:
are you not in Nigeria? Today I left ajah to Alapere ketu. I spent 5k to and fro. I thought it will be cheaper than driving, I end up spending more. Imagine someone earning 40k a month, how would they survive? Forget the politics and face the reality.

I recommend we remain calm, hopeful and above all be POSITIVE. Let us consider some of the positive effects of removing subsidies .
1. Increase in competition: With the removal of subsidies, businesses will have to compete on price, quality, and efficiency to attract customers. This may eventually force down the price.
2. Reduction in government spending: Subsidies require government spending, and removing these subsidies can reduce the government's financial burden. The funds that are saved can be used for other public services such as education, health, and infrastructure. Provided the government is equally focused.
3. Economic efficiency: The removal of subsidies can help markets allocate resources more effectively, as it promotes the use of resources based on consumer preference
4.Encourages self-sufficiency: When subsidies are removed, businesses must become self-sufficient to stay operational.
5. It brings to open the essence of deregulating the oil sector. Thanks.

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by slivertongue: 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:

Give the Government sometime to put structures on ground and the Govt must carry the TUC along

I do not understand the kind of magic Joe and the NLC want Asiwaju to perform in less than a week

A compassionate leader will first put structures on ground. Those who marketed Asiwaju said he is a leader who knows the road but his first steps ain't saying so
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by richie240: 9:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Im surprised that only igbos carry the NLC nationwide strike on their head like Gala.

Very bitter souls who are always against every good thing that will move this country forward.

A shame
Even if angel gabriel and angel michael support d subsidy removal, they will insult them!

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Vischy: 9:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:

Then why declare subsidy removal when there's no structure and plan on ground to cushion the effects?

Don't tell me Tinubu came into power unprepared.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by drugBaronTINUBU: 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
femisplash:
NLC should start their strike from Agulu, as far as patriotic Nigerians are concern, subsidy is gone!
Just dey deceive urself 😂
After what obaseki did to him, he still dont want to learn a lesson?
Tinubu want to divide NLC when an Edo man is the president 🤣🤣
Una be jokers.
This one nor be Peter Obi matter o
We stand gidigba for ajeero back
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Angelfrost(m): 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
NLC is being quite unreasonable at this point!

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Paramount01(m): 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
Cloudflare:
To those "this govt will favor me and my family" gang. How far? E dey favor una abi e no dey favor una? Idiots and fools everywhere!

It will surely favor me

I dont know of u

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by maasoap(m): 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
Cloudflare:
To those "this govt will favour me and my family" gang. How far? E dey favour una abi e no dey favour una? Idiots and fools everywhere!

Easy tiger! All the three major candidates vowed to remove the subsidy. We were just hoping that they would be sensitive to reconsider their stance after the election.
Having said that, I voted for Tinubu. My income hasn't been affected a bit but I'm not in support of subsidy removal simply because whatever they save from it will still end up in private pockets.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by airsaylongcome: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

Can we do specifics? Can you give me a rough idea specifically whose allowances you would cut to add up to the figure?

Nice that you ask for data. I don't have those at the tip of my fingers but will share when I get them. One of the most visible roles is that of Media assistants. Can we do away with all of those and have employees with the Ministry of Information work those roles so we can maximally utilise employees we already pay for? I'm not even mentioning all the multiple SSAs that each of the ministers get to appoint. The SSAs in turn have their assistants.

I was in a meeting with work colleagues who asked me how can Nigeria afford to have someone hired to open the door of the person that opens the door for a Government executive.

I am not justifying the subsidy on petrol. I'm asking for government to first of eliminate all fiscal waste to show good fate. Fix electricity (6 months is enough for any serious government to fix outages right?) and see Nigerians demand for petrol fizzle out
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by GoodbutBadguy: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
IPOB NLC wants to nationalize sit at home grin no way undecided the SE NLC can go on strike bcs nobody cares in as much as the productive regions NLC (NE, NW, NC, SS, SW) are not on strke cool
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Exceed15: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:
We know who the NLC is working for.

May this hardship APC brought hit you the most. Mumu

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by simpleseyi: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:

They are working for Nigerians

Nigerians are simply reminding Tinubu of his words to Goodluck Jonathan in 2012 over the latter decision to remove fuel subsidy

NLC will soon be proscribed, then they will go to Court for several years. That's the end of NLC

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by slivertongue: 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

A shame

Others are in it too. It doesn't affect them alone. So many of you APC supporters are divisive in nature. Asiwaju took a well anticipated decision without concrete plans and measures yet you are floating ethnic sentiments

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by abiolamitodun(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
U all shouting the government didn't put in place plans to cushion the effect of subsidy romoval or let me say make plans to make live of the masses easy before the removal of subsidy
The truth is we has Nigerians are we ever ready to cooperate?...
Are we ever ready to improvise?
I swear if buhari didn't close those borders...most Nigerians won't go back to farming that's the plain truth
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by egunna(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:

y did he not put the structures in place bfr removing the subsidy?where is he rushing to?just a week of this fuel regime,do u know the hardship it will cause us?I voted for tinubu coz I Blvd in him but dis decision is hasty and shud be condemned by all ND sundry.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Blackdisciple(m): 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
Division they are not together and never will they be ... grin grin
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Adakintroy: 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
Its not sustainable. That price won't stand. Nothing g to support it at the base.

Its will collapse into itself.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Tflex01: 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:

They are working for Nigerians

Nigerians are simply reminding Tinubu of his words to Goodluck Jonathan in 2012 over the latter decision to remove fuel subsidy

Lol last last Una go still fail. cheesy

Tinubu remains your mother's husband. cheesy
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by soil4soil(m): 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
They will not come because of their support for Obi m the train have moved beyond them.

Majority of Nigerians will not support the plan
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Tflex01: 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
The leadership of Labour Party sorry NLC will be so embarrassed with how ineffective their strike will be. grin
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Deeprooted: 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
When I saw this post, I remembered the advice my grandfather gave me at my Uncle's wedding while we were sitting close to each other next to the Music Band. The music was so loud I couldn't hear what he said
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:

You will continue to know nothing grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Googledotcom: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

A shame
Stop being foolish man. You sound so dumb.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by adecz: 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
People like Emefiele and the NNPC
GMD Kyari are the main problem and
should not be present when solutions
to the problem are being discussed.

Tinubu should sack them immediately.😕😕😕
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by April4th(m): 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
Omoawoke:
Stupid NLC desperate subsidy thieves, petrol smugglers fighting for their selfish interest

The foolish obidiottt looking for opportunity to unsettle the new government.

They will labor in vain

And you, we know you are a fuel smuggler selling fuel in plastic bottles along Seme border, well its game over. Go find another hustle. Subsidy has come to stay and nothing you will do about it

Please kindly give the names on the list of subsidy thieves like you put it, without sounding stupid. Give the name of one subsidy thief the federal government of Nigeria has arrested and prosecuted or are they ghosts?
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by SILVERLINES: 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:

I guess they are working for ur fada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo / Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers / Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion