Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] (5859 Views)

We Will Vote Edeoga Out In Four Years, If He Fails Us - Kenneth Okonkwo / 2023: Nigerians Will Regret For 20 Years If Tinubu Loses – Adamu Garba / Peter Obi Shouldn't Be In The Midst Of Massive Crowd Like This - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Ttipsy(f): 8:21am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
All you have listed here are Nigerian-specific issues. Kigali is a city in the middle of nowhere. Uyo has more resources than Kigali but Kigali looks more modern and urban with skyscrapers than uyo..and I can tell you now that people are occupying the skyscrapers in Kigali..they are not abandoned. Remove corruption and half of Nigeria's problems is solved within 12 years
Kigali in the middle of nowhere??

I think you should make more research about Kigali Rwanda

The city keep attracting international opportunities
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

What is burindi has far less revenue bless economically viable
why
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:22am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
first of all Nigeria is less than 200 million, secondly, there is 24 hour power supply in Ghana without oil which already starts telling you that our problem here is corruption and not lack of resources

Ghana was blessed with nature to have resources for hydro power that's why there' own is easy

We you aware ghana produce less than 5000mw ?

That aside the main reason we don't have power is 1 it's centralised ...now states have been given power to generate n distribute I expect changes in 10 years
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
why
Location,bad leadership, structure etc
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2023
Ttipsy:

Yes Kigali is in the middle of nowhere as you can see from the map here. It is the yellow dot.
Why does it attract international opportunities? Is it because it is peaceful? Nope...Rwanda genocide was just in 1994.
Is it because it is rich? Nope it has no resources.
Is it because of its beaches or ports? Nope it is landlocked.
Is it because it has a rich neighbour? Nope it's neighbours are poorer than it.

Let me tell you why....Paul Kagame is the y and zed.
A Paul Kagame will put Enugu on the map too

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:27am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
I was involved in the construction of Qatar petroleum headquarters. Ned Nwankwo also does sand-filling in a large swamped land before building his estates. In the case of a modest skyscraper, you don't need to do much of that
How much d the Qatar building cost 2.7 billion dollars ,has Enugu gotten that amount since 1999 combined ?

3 Likes

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

Ghana was blessed with nature to have resources for hydro power that's why there' own is easy

We you aware ghana produce less than 5000mw ?

That aside the main reason we don't have power is 1 it's centralised ...now states have been given power to generate n distribute I expect changes in 10 years
lol...we have all that too plus gas with poor power supply because of corruption and the type of stupid policies people like you were making
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

How much d the Qatar building cost 2.7 billion dollars ,has Enugu gotten that amount since 1999 combined ?
an engineer in Qatar is paid 100 thousand dollars a year. An engineer in Nigeria is paid about 20 thousand dollars
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Greyworld: 8:29am On Jun 05, 2023
Ttipsy:

Why please Why is it attracting international opportunities

Truth is every where is nowhere till people make it somewhere.

Banana island was nowhere till elites moved there.
Nigeria was just southern n northern protectorate til the British made it Nigeria.

If cities don't grow it remains no where. Nigeria cities are crawling with development with special reference to the East
Imagine a city as popular and old like Aba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:30am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
lol...we have all that too plus gas with poor power supply because of corruption and the type of stupid policies people like you were making
I don't know your background in engineering but Nigeria has more installed capacity than Ghana most times produce more electricity than Ghana

And no we are not really blessed with hydro power resources we have maxed them out

Gas is not free can Nigerians play enough to warrant investors to come in ?
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

I don't know your background in engineering but Nigeria has more installed capacity than Ghana most times produce more electricity than Ghana

And no we are not really blessed with hydro power resources we have maxed them out

Gas is not free can Nigerians play enough to warrant investors to come in ?
ghana built volta dam when Nigerians were stealing their own resources in 1960s
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Jamestown123: 8:32am On Jun 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

Enugu Onitsha express is abandoned because of lack of revenue

Bros sky scrappers doesn't have to be expensive ? Lmfao Bros can you build a 30 store building with less than 50 million dollars ? Even with our cheap labour

Ok let's say we build 30 story apartment buildings with 50 million dollars

Say each floor contain 10 flats of 3 bedroom flats that's 300 flats abi ?

You want this house to cost 1 million per year abi ? ....that's 300 million naira .... yearly

Let's assume we give the building light for free, all the staffs work for tree, the maintainace is done for free

300 million that's $400k pet year revenue

At this rate it would take 125 years to break even assuming no inflation

Do you still think it's a good thing to do ?
$50,000000 for weytin? How much Mrs alakija building cost?
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:33am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
an engineer in Qatar is paid 100 thousand dollars a year. An engineer in Nigeria is paid about 20 thousand dollars
Average engineer earns less than $5000 per year in Nigeria ....that's my point Nigeria is not yet economically viable for skyscrapers yet

What we need now is provide access to create for our local business to become multinational corporations ...then they would need skyscrapers offices and would be able to afford n build one

2 Likes

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
All you have listed here are Nigerian-specific issues. Kigali is a city in the middle of nowhere. Uyo has more resources than Kigali but Kigali looks more modern and urban with skyscrapers than uyo..and I can tell you now that people are occupying the skyscrapers in Kigali..they are not abandoned. Remove corruption and half of Nigeria's problems is solved within 12 years

Culture play important roll in economy and architecture.
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:35am On Jun 05, 2023
Jamestown123:
$50,000000 for weytin? How much Mrs alakija building cost?
There you go sir

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

Bros a family of 3 that makes 200k a month is richer than a family of 10 that makes 1 million monthly

My issue is majority of Nigerians think like you
actually majority thinks like you. They want to trade. They want yoot empowerment. They love tribal discussions. They believe we are not capable of being like white people so no need to try...zero ideas. That's you bro. Not me. Make me governor of enugu state and I will focus on enugu city until it looks like a real city. Funny you were praising Enyimba city a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

Average engineer earns less than $5000 per year in Nigeria ....that's my point Nigeria is not yet economically viable for skyscrapers yet

What we need now is provide access to create for our local business to become multinational corporations ...then they would need skyscrapers offices and would be able to afford n build one
what we need is to be more like Rwanda...that's all
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2023
Thanksful:

Culture play important roll in economy and architecture.
and in poverty too...ergo Nigeria's situation
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:38am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
actually majority thinks like you. They want to trade. They want yoot empowerment. They love tribal discussions. They believe we are not capable of being like white people so no need to try...zero ideas. That's you bro. Not me. Make me governor of enugu state and I will focus on enugu city until it looks like a real city. Funny you were praising Enyimba city a few weeks ago.
As governor of Enugu ...what would you do differently

Hope u know the revenue, wage bill of Enugu

Boom go let's see what you can do ...write those ideas

What you would do ,how much it would cost ,where the money would come from n durations let's go

1 Like

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
culture is fluid. People do culture according to what they know. Show them something else and they leave the old culture for good.
Also what stats tells you shopping centers in filling stations don't do well? Skyscrapers in Eko Atlantic are all mixed used not just offices...in the same Nigeria. What happened to the culture?

Shopping Mart in filling station don't do well all over Nigeria. If you are not in Nigeria ask.

In fact nothing work as a business in those building they set up in filling stations all over Nigeria but they copied it from abroad.

2 Likes

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
ghana built volta dam when Nigerians were stealing their own resources in 1960s
Kanji was built when again ?
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
and in poverty too...ergo Nigeria's situation

Yes! But culture is a bigger player. People die to keep their culture or to seem to keep their culture.
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2023
Greyworld:

Why please Why is it attracting international opportunities

Truth is every where is nowhere till people make it somewhere.

Banana island was nowhere till elites moved there.
Nigeria was just southern n northern protectorate til the British made it Nigeria.

If cities don't grow it remains no where. Nigeria cities are crawling with development with special reference to the East
Imagine a city as popular and old like Aba

if Aba was left to the whites with the same resources, it would look like Durban of South Africa today. Our leaders don't have foresight beyond dumb politics and 'empowerment '

4 Likes

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by ghettochild(m): 8:40am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
lol...people like you are the reason Nigeria has made zero progress in 60 years. Nay sayers with zero practical alternative. I remember how you were insulting igbos here in 2015 because of Buhari. Nobody could call you to order. Now you run around insulting yorubas because of the same buhari. Zero direction.
Now let me explain the poverty circle to you. It starts with you telling yourself you are too poor to save. And because you don't have savings, you can't invest and because you can't invest, you make no extra income and the circle completes with you remaining poor.
In this case, we won't be able to build skyscrapers that could be used as offices and residences of modern, urban igbo youths who have lived abroad and have who have become used to a certain European lifestyle and who can bring in capital and expertise in our state because we are too busy paying an overbloated civil service with our little income. In turn this igbo youths take their investment to cities like Abuja and lagos and go there to build the same skyscrapers you don't want in the east and you go to their instagram page to insult them for abandoning igboland and igboland remains poor and unable to build these skyscrapers. Meanwhile many skyscrapers in Eko Atlantic are owned by Igbos
U get sense my brother...
Any city that wants investor need to build high rise building...
The Eko altantic someone mentioned... I guess he didn't know it was to bring in investors into that place n rich folks who can afford to live in there..
I really agree with everything u have said...
Because infrastructure brings urban development

2 Likes

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Greyworld: 8:40am On Jun 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

Going by this mind set Nigeria will never get any new thing done. Perhaps we should just revert to living in mud houses till multinational corporations come.

If people considered this thing the way yu are sayin it means by now we won't even have a 3storey building o.

1 Like

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 05, 2023
Thanksful:

Yes! But culture is a bigger player. People die to keep their culture or to seem to keep their culture.

you didn't understand what I said.
Let me explain....lol
I said people's culture also keeps them poor.
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by FairlyUSEDpussy: 8:44am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
Now to the purpose of this thread. Let's say every Enugu governor builds two skyscrapers at the New Enugu Centenary City every 8 years, Enugu will have 10 skyscrapers in 40 years.

The photo here shows The Cocoa house built by Awolowo in 1960s in Ibadan. Do you see how it elevates Ibadan? Now imagine that there are 9 more Cocoa houses built over the years by successive Ibadan governments. Do you now see how Ibadan would have looked?

Too early to day dream pls........
Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:44am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
what we need is to be more like Rwanda...that's all
Rwanda is a country of two ethnic nationalities forced together in forced fake peace user a dictator

Yes it's economically progressive now but it's not sustainable since kigami want live for ever

What we need in Nigeria is Germany system where each nationality is semi Independent

Igbos what we need now is a 5 trillion Naira credit facilities over a span of 10 years for Industries in import substitution or export oriented products

How do we raise 5 trillion ? Tax ,loan , revenue
Do this and GDP of south east would be over 150 billion in 10 years ... sky scrappers would naturally sprint out if we do the right urban planning

2 Likes

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Greyworld: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
if Aba was left to the whites with the same resources, it would look like Durban of South Africa today. Our leaders don't have foresight beyond dumb politics and 'empowerment '
Bros you are wise. Like development would have spread to other regions join from the core (Aba)

But someone will say we are too poor to have electric trains or good road or fly overs but not too poor to pay senators 30million monthly.

Calabar was so beautiful attracting tourists and once it died... if that momentum was maintained from Duke to Ayade, you know what that means

1 Like

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2023
Greyworld:

Going by this mind set Nigeria will never get any new thing done. Perhaps we should just revert to living in mud houses till multinational corporations come.

If people considered this thing the way yu are sayin it means by now we won't even have a 3storey building o.
What drive supply is demand , if there is a demand for skyscrapers Nigerians would supply it

Why is there no iPhone shop in Nigeria ? Mercedes Benz shop, BMW?

3 Likes

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

As governor of Enugu ...what would you do differently

Hope u know the revenue, wage bill of Enugu

Boom go let's see what you can do ...write those ideas

What you would do ,how much it would cost ,where the money would come from n durations let's go
I will develop Centenary City enugu to look like a typical abroad city. It will be a tourist city that igbos will love to visit often. I will build 2 fairly tall buildings...say 20 storeys under PPP. They will be mixed used as hotel and shopping plus offices. I would organise the churches to build at least one gothic-style cathedral for interfaith worship...any economic building gets free land. Roads will be built by the estate developers and we will give them house and street plans to build to avoid random buildingWe as government will build power and water plant under ppp just the Centenary City. Remember it is a marathon..I may not finish within 8 years but we would go so far that after 8 years, The city will be developing on its own even if the next governor discontinued our project.
See if I am Enugu governor, I won't steal one kobo. Just my allowances.

2 Likes

Re: How Enugu Would Look In 50 Years If Govs Do This [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 8:53am On Jun 05, 2023
Razgas:
I will develop Centenary City enugu to look like a typical abroad city. I will build 2 fairly tall buildings...say 20 storeys under PPP. They will be mixed used as hotel and shopping plus offices. I would organise the churches to build at least one gothic-style cathedral for interfaith worship...any economic building gets free land. Roads will be built by the estate developers. We as government will build power and water plant under ppp just the Centenary City. Remember it is a marathon..I may not finish within 8 years but we would go so far that after 8 years, The city will be developing on its own even if the next governor discontinued our project.
See if I am Enugu governor, I won't steal one kobo. Just my allowances.
Awww nice ideas , you never said no much it would cost

Let's us alakija building as reference it said to cost 145 million dollars ...but lest as Igbos say we can build 30 stores for 50 million ....says as am investor I want to o PPP with you ...I want to invest 40 million dollars, ....how much are we going to rent out each floor ....

When can I break even ....go I would wait.

Let's do numbers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet No 1 Council Chairman In Enugu, / Attention!!! Saintsamurai's Prophesy Confirmation Concerning Niger Delta. / Reps To Investigate $17bn Undeclared Crude Oil Exports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.