Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government (72954 Views)

Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To / Iyabo Ojo Slammed With Tax Of N38 Million By Lagos Government / Ogbonna Kanu Slammed After Amara Kanu Called Him Oloshi Oloriburuku, Borrow Pose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by lhordspy: 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
Lagos govt. gives Iyabo Ojo 7 days to pay N18million or go to jail.

Lagos state government has told Nollywood actress Iyabo Ojo to pay a total sum of N18,640,092.00 as personal income tax within seven days.

According to Lagos government, Iyabo Ojo has a tax liability of N7,376,000.00 for the year 2022 and an outstanding liability of N11,264,092 for 2021 income year.

The actress was given a 7-days ultimatum to pay up of face consequences.
https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/06/05/lagos-govt-gives-iyabo-ojo-7-days-to-pay-n18million-or-go-to-jail/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

SHE REACTS
ARREST ME, JAIL ME OR KILL ME. I DONT CARE !
In an Instagram post, she shared documents of a personal income tax letter and expressed her frustration with the exorbitant amount demanded by the government.

In her post, the actress voiced her concerns directly to Governor Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State government, demanding an explanation for the hefty tax bill.

She questioned the basis for such high personal income taxes and criticised the lack of transparency in the calculation process.

The actress referred to a previous encounter where she complied with the government's request to explain her earnings and declare her income but received no response.

"Last time, you people asked me to come to your office, I came, you asked me to explain & declare what I earn, which I did with my tax consultant, but noooooooooooooo you did not respond to my letter, because you want me to pay you an outrageous amount that I do not have," she expressed in her Instagram caption.

Feeling overwhelmed by the mounting financial burden imposed on her, the mother of two raised concerns about the government's insensitivity to the challenges faced by individuals and businesses.

She questioned the contributions of the government to her life, stating, "What have you people ever done for me as a government? NOTHING!!! I have single-handedly raised my kids & so many others, plus myself without a single penny from the government."
https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/iyabo-ojo-calls-out-sanwo-olu-lagos-state-over-naira18-million-tax-request/wjqwj2s?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

57 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by lhordspy: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
As of now, there has been no official response from Governor Sanwo-Olu or the Lagos State government regarding Ojo's allegations and demands for an explanation.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by lhordspy: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
I remember during the election period she was running her mouth: 'Lagos government is not working, we will chase them out, We are in bondage'.
Now Lagos is ready to work. The change is starting from you. It is either you pay your tax or go to jail. Where do you think government get money to do all these things you demanded for? To build roads, electricity, hospitals. Through money ritual or plucked from tree? Pay your tax iyabo. Your lamentation sob-stories cannot save you. Fvcking defaulter.

The entity was asking the Lagos State Government if they had ever offered her any assistance with her business and that she that single-handedly raised her kids blah blah blah. Is this Iyabo or a body-double? The same Iyab0 Ojo who antagonised Sanwo Olu's bid for a second term in exchange for social media validations. The 'I am Yoruba, but I don't think in Yoruba" gang.

This werrey was alleged to have declared a 40m naira return as income. This same faker declared she bought a dress of N37.5m for AMVCA award, and even threatened to sue a guy that recreated the dress at cheaper price. But crying over tax of N18m.

Please, Iyabo dont pay. You already brought the issue to social media instead of appealing or beg for mercy secretly. The same social media peeps you have always been trying to please will be the one to buy bread for you to eat your prison beans. Please dont pay within 7days. Nonsense ! Omo ale oshi

464 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by HacheNoire: 7:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
The same people that will tell you Nigeria is not like UK.

Common tax, they cannot pay!

Same Obidient that was running her mouth like she is a good citizens and ambassador for change, cannot pay common state tax!

She is just a scam like Peter!

400 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
No be only 18 million! 🤣

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by solmusdesigns: 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
cool

Sanwo-Olu is now waking up.. I miss Fashola, Orji Uzor Kalu was taxed and heaven didn't fall

Ambode taxed many Lagos artist and they had to comply even Davido who claimed to work from Osun state paid

250 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Blackdeewhy(m): 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
I think they are getting back at you for supporting Obi.
God dey your side mama💝

417 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Typicool8(m): 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2023
HacheNoire:
The same people that will tell you Nigeria is not like UK.

Common tax, they cannot pay!

Same Obidient that was running her mouth like she is a good citizens and ambassador for change, cannot pay common state tax!

She is just a scam like Peter!

You can't just do without mentioning Peter obi cos he's your nightmare

349 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by HacheNoire: 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
Typicool8:

You can't just do without mentioning Peter obi cos he's your nightmare

She is an adherent supporter of Peter and it’s welcomed to state out and relate both.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
HacheNoire:

She is an adherent supporter of Peter and it’s welcomed to state out and relate both.

You're just making a fool of yourself...what does her having to pay tax concern obi? Let's know

180 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by HacheNoire: 7:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
Rayban25:

You're just making a fool of yourself...what does her having to pay tax concern obi? Let's know

It’s shows the quality of people canvassing for Peter!

Tax defaulters!

215 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
HacheNoire:

It’s shows the quality of people canvassing for Peter!

Tax defaulters!

Helinues, theres no shame in borrowing sense of you have to.

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by YouandiAllofus: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
She is not denying, she is not running away and she acknowledges the due sum! Failure to meet deadline can only result in misdemeanor if charges are pressed which shouldn't carry a sentence of not more than six months behind bars. Under this current economic 'sukar-spree', i would gladly trade the bars for the milz. No time grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by MrBiGGEST(m): 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
I laugh grin grin

Dem don reason her case

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
Iyabo Ojo being backlashed for declaring her support for Peter Obi.

May God deliver her from the principalities who called themselves government in Nigeria.

157 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by SAMBARRY: 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
grin

Ahannnn shebi you claimed that you bought your dress ₦37 million for the amvca so ₦18 Milla should be ₦70 for you wink

So all Na mouth and social media noise? wink Shebi after the Baba ijesha case,you suppose to lay low,now that pedophile rapist family members will come out to sneer you because you have given them opportunity to do so that they have been eagerly waiting for

Those ones wey body dey pepper before will now come out and be claiming God gave them vengeance

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by lhordspy: 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
She is not denying, she is not running away and she acknowledges the due sum! Failure to meet deadline can only result in misdemeanor if charges are pressed which shouldn't carry a sentence of not more than six months behind bars. Under this current economic 'sukar-spree', i would gladly trade the bars for the milz. No time grin

Charges of not more than 6months for 18m abi? No wahala. Please she shouldnt pay. Let her choose jail instead. Na measuring tape the judge go use measure her sentence.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by sentee(f): 8:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
Top 10 Nigerian Stars making it big in Hollywood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4rQBSNnMLM

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by YouandiAllofus: 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
lhordspy:

Charges of not more than 6months for 18m abi? No wahala. Please she shouldnt pay. Let her choose jail instead. Na measuring tape the judge go use measure her sentence.
grin bhad guy...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2023
What about alpha-beta that was accused of tax fraud by the former managing director?He has been silence with a bullion van.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by kmaster007: 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
She suld pay tax
Blackdeewhy:
I think they are getting back at you for supporting Obi.
God dey your side mama💝

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by kmaster007: 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2023
Story
Revolution2022:
What about alpha-beta that was accused of tax fraud by the former managing director?He has been silence with a bullion van.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by talk2hb1(m): 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
Tooh!
Dandan Lowo Ori, Tax is compulsory!

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by MrBanner(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by carreport(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
Good
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Neddstark: 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
Pay your freaking tax. Or tell ya rich boyfriend to pay for you. When you wanted to destroy Baba Ijesha career, na so your mouth dey go cho cho cho. Now pay your tax or go to jail.

89 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
Lol.... Back fire saga

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by sunnywhyt007: 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
Orisirisi 😂
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by chuose2: 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
APC is truly an evil party.

Why single her out, just becos she did not support the Agbero Party?

Have they taxed druggie ❓️

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by On25: 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Seen Smoking Shisha In A Night Club (photos) / Uti Nwanchukwu Meets His University Crush In Canada After 16 Years / Odunlade Adekola's Funny Look At AMVCA 2018 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.