Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,581 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government (73021 Views)

Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To / Iyabo Ojo Slammed With Tax Of N38 Million By Lagos Government / Ogbonna Kanu Slammed After Amara Kanu Called Him Oloshi Oloriburuku, Borrow Pose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Emmanuel909090: 3:53am On Jun 06, 2023
Hmmm,what's her occupation? To earn heavily and accumulate such tax?
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Backpedal: 3:56am On Jun 06, 2023
leisuretym:

Don’t be rude, we both know majority of Igbos you claimed brought wealth to Lagos came with Ghana must go bag on Akporoka Night bus to Lagos , without Lagos they will be tapping palm wine in the village, go and watch Igbos nollywood movies , you will see for yourself.
Go and watch Igbo Nollywood movies

That line alone shows that you are not intellegent
How can you be basing your judgement on (some) movies you see on Africa Magic?

That's anti intellectualism there

So white people who see starving videos of Africans and then assume Africa is a wasteland and hunger republic are right too ?

Think
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by HRMK: 3:59am On Jun 06, 2023
how naive could any1 ever be!asking about what you ever gained from govt?you can only seek redress in court for stay of execution or you get jailed!that is the risk you run when you camp with opposition party!i wonder why all these people dont learn from dangote who will never go against govt of the day!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Moikiitos: 4:09am On Jun 06, 2023
What are we Nigerians paying tax for?

As a Nigerian you still pay from own pocket even you're paying tax. You're still spending from your own finances despite paying taxes to the state.

- You still have to pay for your own security
- You still have to pay to access a good functioning public healthcare ( ie if there's any...)
- Good quality education (ie public completely free or at least accessable for token fee)
- No access to other basic amenities like good road, water, power... (ie shouldn't be free but accessable for all and all areas of the state)
-A good access to public transportations (ie shouldn't be free but accessable for all and all areas of the state)
- The worst of it all is that the tax you paid is not been accounted for and the ones they use it for is not what the citizens really need.

Yes, I know tax is one means government use to generate revenue for the state in order to provide all these amenities...The ones that has been paid for, what was it used for?

Mi kant see it, ooo even when I'm paying my taxes. That's annoying 😐

lhordspy:
Lagos govt. gives Iyabo Ojo 7 days to pay N18million or go to jail.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/06/05/lagos-govt-gives-iyabo-ojo-7-days-to-pay-n18million-or-go-to-jail/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

SHE REACTS

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/iyabo-ojo-calls-out-sanwo-olu-lagos-state-over-naira18-million-tax-request/wjqwj2s?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by benqo01(m): 4:13am On Jun 06, 2023
Becos she didn't support APC in d last election that is why she is being treated this way? Is she d only one owing tax money u guys should just STFU
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Thewesterner(m): 4:15am On Jun 06, 2023
Uyi168:
its the same thing with estimated billing by phcn people.

and with all the monies, Lagos still be like wetin I nor know..
over priced piece of shit.
I understand your pains...
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by oladipuposadeeq(m): 4:17am On Jun 06, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
She is not denying, she is not running away and she acknowledges the due sum! Failure to meet deadline can only result in misdemeanor if charges are pressed which shouldn't carry a sentence of not more than six months behind bars. Under this current economic 'sukar-spree', i would gladly trade the bars for the milz. No time grin
bloody liar, I promise you won't pray for your enemy self to go to prison. Yes na humans dey there but I bet you, your mental health will be dealt with a serious blow if you go there for only 2 months talkless of 6 months. Make them come carry you go ANGOLA for just 2 weeks your own don dun be that I tell you don't even wish or imagine yourself in prison, its not ideal at all in any way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Juju70(m): 4:28am On Jun 06, 2023
Tax of how much earned on how much for what period of time?? Even 18m tax for dangote as personal income tax is outrageous!. The foolishness of these people en!
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by oladipuposadeeq(m): 4:29am On Jun 06, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
I heard she supported Labour Party during the last elections so everything is clearer now. APC is a vindictive and evil party much like Hitler's movement
she isn't the only one that supported Labour Party so many people did and were more outspoken than her so let's be reasonable but one of the things I believe affected her is the unreasonable show off I buy this 500m, I buy this 37m so show proof of tax been paid. Me wey dey earn lower than chicken change dey pay tax so why won't she? besides don't assume it's only people that supported Obi that are witch hunted, it's because na her own we hear for now I know someone that was given tax of 4.5m in isolo industrial estate and people saying they don't see the impact of tax been paid are hypocrites and shld point to what their state governors are using theirs to do. I am seeing it though but I believe they can do more and also its not only in naija people are been witch hunted even Trump is also targeted because he avoided some tax he ought to have paid aside stepping on toes, football players too so who is she that they can't prosecute for non payment of tax

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by JaneYave(f): 4:34am On Jun 06, 2023
The ' what have you done for me?' part got me grinning. Government agencies in Nigeria can be impossible most times, no wonder really wealthy people manipulate their actual worth to avoid we exhortatant tax charges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Xtristopher: 4:45am On Jun 06, 2023
Have they taxed oluomo yet?
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Focusmind: 4:55am On Jun 06, 2023
I am beginning to see Nigerian citizens as the worst and most wicked. See how people are attacking her based purely on political divide. Some people attacking her cannot even agree to pay N1000 tax assessment.

When properly computed, sometimes, taxes paid are not directly related to income earned. She is a celebrity and most of them always present an aura of affluence and wealth, which may not be real.

Those shouting she should pay should asked themselves how much they have paid on their own earnings. Hatred and political divide have made the citizens not to be objective in their thinking.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by ireke(m): 4:58am On Jun 06, 2023
Blackdeewhy:
I think they are getting back at you for supporting Obi.
God dey your side mama💝

1. It is definitely unfair if she's being targeted because she supported another candidate against them. Unfortunately, the fact that she supported another candidate against them does not exempt her from fulfilling one of the basic civic obligations.

2. He that comes to equity must come with clean hands. The only reasonable defense in this case is for her to show that she did not make the amount that is the basis of the assessment or that she has paid the income tax and it was not reflected in the assessment.

3. If you're making more than 3M per month in Nigeria as a self-employed individual, you will do yourself a great favour by ensuring that you are on top of your bookkeeping for tax purposes. If possible, spend a token to get an accountant to ensure that your records are straightforward and you're not paying more than is necessary. For example, the 35M she claimed to have spent on the dress for AMVCA could have been business expense considering the fact that it was used towards her appearance for a professional event. She would also have all sorts of professionals on her pay roll. In short, there dozens of legitimate expenses that should significantly reduce her taxable income and by extension the tax payable if she is serious. Coming to social media to cry will not help her matters in any way. If anything, she is just complicating her case.

https://taxsummaries.pwc.com/nigeria/individual/taxes-on-personal-income

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by YouandiAllofus: 4:58am On Jun 06, 2023
oladipuposadeeq:
bloody liar, I promise you won't pray for your enemy self to go to prison. Yes na humans dey there but I bet you, your mental health will be dealt with a serious blow if you go there for only 2 months talkless of 6 months. Make them come carry you go ANGOLA for just 2 weeks your own don dun be that I tell you don't even wish or imagine yourself in prison, its not ideal at all in any way.
What if the doe is increased to 100milz, won't you sacrifice angolan bars for the milz? Who knows, you might become famous like bbn starz.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by fmonigent(m): 5:04am On Jun 06, 2023
Rayban25:

You're just making a fool of yourself...what does her having to pay tax concern obi? Let's know

Some people sha
Bitter soul
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by 2sexycom(m): 5:18am On Jun 06, 2023
HacheNoire:
The same people that will tell you Nigeria is not like UK.

Common tax, they cannot pay!

Same Obidient that was running her mouth like she is a good citizens and ambassador for change, cannot pay common state tax!

She is just a scam like Peter!

who does not know that this is not about tax but because she supported Peter Obi? who? who?18M for tax? lmaooo... You people's empire will crumble before your eyes and all these madness will END.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by HacheNoire: 5:21am On Jun 06, 2023
2sexycom:
who does not know that this is not about tax but because she supported Peter Obi? who? who?18M for tax? lmaooo... You people's empire will crumble before your eyes and all these madness will END.

What’s the duties of a tax practitioner?

Cos you here lamenting like it’s an invasion! She has a right to contest the bill.

You don’t know more than the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service, so if they presented that figure, let who got the bill contest it.

Stop going political!

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by oladipuposadeeq(m): 5:22am On Jun 06, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
What if the doe is increased to 100milz, won't you sacrifice angolan bars for the milz? Who knows, you might become famous like bbn starz.
100m ke sincerely presently me no get 18m but go soon get pass am talkless of 100m abeg make we leave famous jare na peace of mind be the koko. She wey dey show off with this and that would have more than 18m chilling somewhere but at the end if she goes thru the right channel, she might even not pay up to 10m self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by YouandiAllofus: 5:29am On Jun 06, 2023
oladipuposadeeq:
100m ke sincerely presently me no get 18m but go soon get pass am talkless of 100m abeg make we leave famous jare na peace of mind be the koko. She wey dey show off with this and that would have more than 18m chilling somewhere but at the end if she goes thru the right channel, she might even not pay up to 10m self
But you can still have you peace of mind plus 100milz after completing the bar time
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by 2sexycom(m): 5:34am On Jun 06, 2023
HacheNoire:

What’s the duties of a tax practitioner?

Cos you here lamenting like it’s an invasion! She has a right to contest the bill.

You don’t know more than the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service, so if they presented that figure, let who got the bill contest it.

Stop going political!

We saw what happened to Shina Peller when he stopped being a member. They came for his club with accusations. Ogbeni go and tell that nonsense to the people that are ignorant of you people's evil MO.

One day, all these will end... ONE DAY ALL THESE WILL END and you guys will find better things to do with your life.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by HacheNoire: 5:36am On Jun 06, 2023
2sexycom:

We saw what happened to Shina Peller when he stopped being a member. They came for his club with accusations. Ogbeni go and tell that nonsense to the people that are ignorant of you people's evil MO.

One day, all these will end... ONE DAY ALL THESE WILL END and you guys will find better things to do with your life.

Are you a believer about Christ returning to Earth?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by oladipuposadeeq(m): 5:39am On Jun 06, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
But you can still have you peace of mind plus 100milz after completing the bar time
angry

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Poske95(m): 5:43am On Jun 06, 2023
[quote author=HacheNoire post=123596168]The same people that will tell you Nigeria is not like UK.

Common tax, they cannot pay!

Same Obidient that was running her mouth like she is a good citizens and ambassador for change, cannot pay common state tax!

She is just a scam like Peter!

[/quote
All the women in your harem put together couldn't make such talkless of pay such as personal income tax.
...no go collect tax from cow wey dey run up and down
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:44am On Jun 06, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by REALretep(m): 5:44am On Jun 06, 2023
Coming to social media to rant will not prevent her from paying that amount or even going to jail.
She has 30 days from the date of that letter to appeal the amount at the Tax Appeal Tribunal

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by princemillla(m): 5:44am On Jun 06, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
She is not denying, she is not running away and she acknowledges the due sum! Failure to meet deadline can only result in misdemeanor if charges are pressed which shouldn't carry a sentence of not more than six months behind bars. Under this current economic 'sukar-spree', i would gladly trade the bars for the milz. No time grin

So if she goes to jail for 6month does that cancel the 18mil?

Pls educate Me
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by ireke(m): 5:45am On Jun 06, 2023
YouandiAllofus:

Be careful what you wish for. Tax evasion is a criminal offence in most countries. The prison term may not also exempt the person from paying what is owed.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by HacheNoire: 5:49am On Jun 06, 2023
[quote author=Poske95 post=123601663][/quote]

Make sense!

Your composition was like that of a drunkard

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by MrAgbako: 5:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Idiat iyabo. Stupid girl wey think say she wise. Dem go teach am sense😂😂
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:52am On Jun 06, 2023
ImoleNaija:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

P-Square should brace up grin.

They have not had a major show in a long time,
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by seunmsg(m): 5:58am On Jun 06, 2023
Pay your tax and stop talking nonsense. If you have problem with the computation, hire a tax consultant and go through the process of appealing an unfair tax assessment. Making noise on social media won’t change anything. Pay up or face the consequences. Tax evasion is a criminal offense.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by heysquare(m): 6:04am On Jun 06, 2023
lhordspy:
I remember during the election period she was running her mouth: 'Lagos government is not working, we will chase them out, We are in bondage'.
Now Lagos is ready to work. The change is starting from you. It is either you pay your tax or go to jail. Where do you think government get money to do all these things you demanded for? To build roads, electricity, hospitals. Through money ritual or plucked from tree? Pay your tax iyabo. Your lamentation sob-stories cannot save you. Fvcking defaulter.

The entity was asking the Lagos State Government if they had ever offered her any assistance with her business and that she that single-handedly raised her kids blah blah blah. Is this Iyabo or a body-double? The same Iyab0 Ojo who antagonised Sanwo Olu's bid for a second term in exchange for social media validations. The 'I am Yoruba, but I don't think in Yoruba" gang.

This werrey was alleged to have declared a 40m naira return as income. This same faker declared she bought a dress of N37.5m for AMVCA award, and even threatened to sue a guy that recreated the dress at cheaper price. But crying over tax of N18m.

Please, Iyabo dont pay. You already brought the issue to social media instead of appealing or beg for mercy secretly. The same social media peeps you have always been trying to please will be the one to buy bread for you to eat your prison beans. Please dont pay within 7days. Nonsense ! Omo ale oshi
Baba Ijesha would welcome her

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Dressed Like A Man To Her Son's School On Father's Day / Portable Marries His Babymama, Zainab Badmus During Their Child's Naming / Nicki Minaj Marries Kenneth 'Zoo' Petty (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.