Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,090 members, 7,859,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

Yoruba And Igbo Women Have Passed The Stage Of Who To Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yoruba And Igbo Women Have Passed The Stage Of Who To Marry (988 Views)

If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed / Difference Between Fulani Girls Beauty And Igbo Girls Beauty / Schoolboy Looking At A Curvy Lady's Backside Who Passed Him On Road (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba And Igbo Women Have Passed The Stage Of Who To Marry by banku: 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2023
There used to be a time when Yoruba men in the name of culture dictated to Yoruba young ladies who and what ethnic group they could marry.

Actually, they coul only marry Yoruba men. Those days are gone.

Until recent, Igbo men were still dictating to their young ladies. Of course, like Yoruba young ladies, they are rebelling. But Igbo men have not given up like Yoruba men did long ago.

So Igbo men are trying to shame Igbo women that marry Yoruba or Hausa. Then lately trying to shame Yoruba men.

Give it up. Ko le work. It has nothing to do with marrying down or up. Humans have curiosity to try other ladies and men. Those who did for money or status found out the hard way that men are men and women are women.

By the way, you cannot compare it to inter racial marriages where white men and women have a higher status in Western countries.

Who have a higher status in Nigeria depends on location most of you move to and money!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Igbo Women Have Passed The Stage Of Who To Marry by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
Na Hausa men I wan dey eye now ...

PS: Rich and faithful Hausa men oo grin grin
Re: Yoruba And Igbo Women Have Passed The Stage Of Who To Marry by Jaybee3456: 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
Persephone1:
Na Hausa men I wan dey eye now ...

PS: Rich and faithful Hausa men oo grin grin

Faithful? you go be 3rd wifey😂
Re: Yoruba And Igbo Women Have Passed The Stage Of Who To Marry by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
Jaybee3456:

Faithful? you go be 3rd wifey😂
I no do again o
Re: Yoruba And Igbo Women Have Passed The Stage Of Who To Marry by IkeIgboNiile(m): 5:22am On Jun 07, 2023
Until recent,yet davido's grandmother was igbo. We have never told our women who to marry as long as he can pay her bride price.

Only speak about your tribe and their hatred towards others.

(1) (Reply)

. / Advice Needed: Should I Go Back Because Of My Kids? / What's The Whole Celebration With Asake & His Music? It's D Same Naija Crap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.