Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed (3567 Views)

Why l Will Never Marry Girls In Their Early Twenties!! / OMG! This Lady Is Nearly 50 Years Old And She Looks Like She’s In Her Twenties! / Rude Questions Not To Ask A Lady In Her Twenties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Factfinder1(m): 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
If you are in your twenties or have passed your twenties, you must’ve noticed life moved really fast from 21 to 30 than it actually moved from 15 to 18 year old.

When I was fifteen, I just couldn’t wait to turn eighteen. Days crawled on forever and I thought I would never reach this eighteen which held promises of freedom, leaving home, getting into university and probably doing every adult thing I ever had in mind to do.

I never knew when eighteen came and before I stopped to take note, I am in my late twenties and within the last two years of being there. And how I got here so fast, I simply have no idea. Perhaps the son of Nebu is not the only one feeling this way and that is why I am sharing this piece with you today.

A lot of life changing events and decisions happen in our twenties and this is why time moves really fast. We get into school, some become apprentices, change cities, fall in and out of love, start up stuff and all along the way, our emotions and mindset is going through very deep changes. Oftentimes, this makes us scared, uncomfortable and afraid of the future.

This is why we worry so much and given the presence of social media and how some of us use it, you can now understand why it seems our generation is worse off in some way.

To be honest, I am not using my twenties to make many long term friends. I am making a handful of long term friends, but not too much. By nature of what I do, I encounter thousands of people annually and I don’t try to befriend them. I try to make one thing clear to all; when you think about Martin Beck Nworah, it won’t be difficult for you to know what I stand for and the ideals I am willing to uphold. I believe twenties is the perfect time to make many temporary people we meet along our way, see us for who we really are and the noble ideals we are willing to uphold. If it makes sense to them, they will always come back in the future and say, “You are an upright person and I need you to do this for me”.

In your twenties and maybe early thirties (I’m not there yet anyway), your heart will go through lots of challenges because of broken promises in business, love and career.

Those who promised to be there for you may not always come through because life might be tough for them in some way and they may not want to tell you about it. You will slowly begin to understand that being an adult means understanding that sadly, life isn’t always to be seen in white and black.

You will fail and fall many times but never give up. Take your time to refresh if need be but don’t give up entirely. Like myself, love dealt me a heavy blow years ago when my trust was broken. I have stayed away from falling in love for a while but I know someday, I sure will fall in love again and when the time comes, I’ll welcome it with open arms. And hopefully by then, I must’ve healed well and be able to trust again.

As you grow quickly and understand who you are, keep in mind that others around you are going through a similar process. Do not ask of another, that which you know would be hard for you to do if you were in their position.

So here’s a lesson worth sharing with your friends and loved ones today; life is in stages and as you reach each one, I hope you will be equipped to face it.

Till we get to the Promised Land, I shall be waiting for when you will pass me a glass of water and thank God for the gift of grace for the race.

22 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by WoundedLamb: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
Great. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
This write up make sense. cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by darthv: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nice read
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by yean1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
Martin Beck Nworah

You don come Nairaland also.....

Must you be everywhere
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by teewai3(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Inspiring
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Cholls(m): 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
My brother excellent placement. For me, moving out allowed me to slowly realize that my life was incredibly abnormal and unhealthy, which forced me to change and maintain a baseline "normal" personality.
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Enomma03: 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
Martin Beck ooo
Thanks for this piece.
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by ostechno(m): 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2021
Factfinder1:
If you are in your twenties or have passed your twenties, you must’ve noticed life moved really fast from 21 to 30 than it actually moved from 15 to 18 year old.

When I was fifteen, I just couldn’t wait to turn eighteen. Days crawled on forever and I thought I would never reach this eighteen which held promises of freedom, leaving home, getting into university and probably doing every adult thing I ever had in mind to do.

I never knew when eighteen came and before I stopped to take note, I am in my late twenties and within the last two years of being there. And how I got here so fast, I simply have no idea. Perhaps the son of Nebu is not the only one feeling this way and that is why I am sharing this piece with you today.

A lot of life changing events and decisions happen in our twenties and this is why time moves really fast. We get into school, some become apprentices, change cities, fall in and out of love, start up stuff and all along the way, our emotions and mindset is going through very deep changes. Oftentimes, this makes us scared, uncomfortable and afraid of the future.

This is why we worry so much and given the presence of social media and how some of us use it, you can now understand why it seems our generation is worse off in some way.

To be honest, I am not using my twenties to make many long term friends. I am making a handful of long term friends, but not too much. By nature of what I do, I encounter thousands of people annually and I don’t try to befriend them. I try to make one thing clear to all; when you think about Martin Beck Nworah, it won’t be difficult for you to know what I stand for and the ideals I am willing to uphold. I believe twenties is the perfect time to make many temporary people we meet along our way, see us for who we really are and the noble ideals we are willing to uphold. If it makes sense to them, they will always come back in the future and say, “You are an upright person and I need you to do this for me”.

In your twenties and maybe early thirties (I’m not there yet anyway), your heart will go through lots of challenges because of broken promises in business, love and career.

Those who promised to be there for you may not always come through because life might be tough for them in some way and they may not want to tell you about it. You will slowly begin to understand that being an adult means understanding that sadly, life isn’t always to be seen in white and black.

You will fail and fall many times but never give up. Take your time to refresh if need be but don’t give up entirely. Like myself, love dealt me a heavy blow years ago when my trust was broken. I have stayed away from falling in love for a while but I know someday, I sure will fall in love again and when the time comes, I’ll welcome it with open arms. And hopefully by then, I must’ve healed well and be able to trust again.

As you grow quickly and understand who you are, keep in mind that others around you are going through a similar process. Do not ask of another, that which you know would be hard for you to do if you were in their position.

So here’s a lesson worth sharing with your friends and loved ones today; life is in stages and as you reach each one, I hope you will be equipped to face it.

Till we get to the Promised Land, I shall be waiting for when you will pass me a glass of water and thank God for the gift of grace for the race.
This is a great share, infact it deserves the front page
And you're right, I feel same thing too, I'll turn 22 this year and I just feel like my twenties should be extended, because it feels to short for me, I mean with all the plans I have, it shows that there's no time.
When I was young I always feel like I should turn 18 faster but at the moment, I just feel like my aging should become slow.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by samtinx(m): 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
You just got me feeling so emotional cry
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Leshurr(f): 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
This write-up is Quora material. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by assistant: 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
True talk
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by olusegun60036: 11:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
Martin Beck NworahYou don come Nairaland also..... Must you be everywhere
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Cerebellum: 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
Buhahahagrin

Nah this kind of person we need for federal Seats, not all those Arindin wey dey Zombie theregrin

See as the son of Nebu talk the talk

Man is a real nigga

Anyways, I don see this guy on Fb before, Issoryt
grin
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Ezkid(m): 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
Factfinder1:

I know you on Facebook, old how can we talk privately Sir?
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Vyzz: 12:02am On Jan 11, 2021
Make I hear say u be the real Son of Nebu
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by marshalcarter: 4:49am On Jan 11, 2021
FP material
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by 1beat(m): 4:52am On Jan 11, 2021
Monday January eleventh twenty twenty one
God have mercy

at that age in our life our thinking become wired, our goals and aspirations become a must to achieve the challenges that come along with this goals make the time faster
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Nobody: 5:04am On Jan 11, 2021
Where do children leave homes at 18? In this our Nigeria or is this writeup meant for oyibos? cheesy

Nice piece though.
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 11, 2021
Martin Beck! You're everywhere
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by waynetee(m): 7:43am On Jan 11, 2021
I agree!
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by yemsai(f): 9:29am On Jan 11, 2021
So true
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Deepocean(m): 10:00am On Jan 11, 2021
Factfinder1

Please can we meet?

deepocean080@gmail.com
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 11, 2021
Nice write-up son of Nebu.
This guy the worry YabaleftOnline for Facebook ohh grin
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
adulthood na scam,
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by traihit: 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
Macobet:
adulthood na scam,

Who is scamming you? Weren't you the one seeking to become an adult in a day, thinking that adults have no problem. Now you're here and you feel like going back to those innocent childhood years where you don't worry over anything except occasional moments you get punished for flouting rules.... grin grin grin grin grin

Childhood is really the best time to enjoy life but would you know that except you've become an adult?

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by abimic(m): 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
yemsai:
So true
Yemisi
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed by yemsai(f): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2021
abimic:

Yemisi
Kini o..
Wetin happen?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Men Do This?? / If She Say This Words, The Street Got Her / Why Is a Woman's Right Breast Bigger Than The Left One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.