Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her (24229 Views)

Can You Date And Marry A POS Operator...? / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by mastermaestro(m): 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
pachigo001:
I have been dating this girl for a year now and we planned getting married this year but my problem is her brother always tell her not to marry me because Im not from the same tribe with her.

The thing is really affecting our relationship her brother is trying everything to manipulate her into hating me and the thing is affecting my mental health we love ourselves and she is the woman I need.

just need an advise from you guys if I should go ahead or end the relationship for good

I am not suggesting you back off and I do not also wish you evil. But in the instance that something bad happens to her while in your care, her family will show you real hell.

Seek your longterm peace. If possible marry from your own people. Just my little piece of peace. sad

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by fohlarp: 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
Try n see her decide,test her by asking shd we call it a day,if she would resist or oblige,cos u cant jst impregnate her n later fall into trouble
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by mrblessed(m): 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
Leave her make she go marry someone from her ethnic group. You don't have to give yourself headache.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by fyzaila: 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2023
pachigo001:
we are the same religion

Ok fair enough, try the speaking with the brother and see

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by savcy(m): 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2023
Sisora:
I have one rule as a man.

If someone else influences my woman's decision more than I do, she's not and will never be the one.

Just this one rule.

This.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by Enemyofpeace: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
You're not yet married to her, the problem is lready affecting your mental health, imagine what will happen to you when you eventually get married to her? Is she the only girl in the world? It's better to have a bad wife than a bad in-law who doesn't like you. You better talk to yourself now and waka away from accident waiting to happen
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by dfrost: 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
tiswell:
Oga,rest,you are not a full blooded NWA AFO.

Igbo guys are the prize, when it comes to marriage, anywhere in naija.

Is this chest-beating or what? or pride? grin

Una sef...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by isabi2lof: 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2023
I know his fears cos you guys do end up with your tribe later in the future
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by nony43(m): 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
fyzaila:

You're telling him to go and marry his tribe, didn't you read where he said he is Igbo and the girl isn't. Abi isn't it igbo that gives ridiculous and outrageous bride price list?

Says who. Go and marry Efik girl na the list they will give you will make you give up on the wedding.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by thegooddieyoung: 2:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
So we hate you then

Brownshoe:
I hate people who use deep English just to make us intoxicated by exuberance of verbosity betaprutal contraption.🥴🙄🤷🏼‍♀️
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by superCleanworks(m): 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
Shedrack777:
shay na her brother dey deny you from her? simple! just pour hot akamu inside her konkoni, na him go dey beg you make you come marry her

for fulani family. even in your dreams your shock will wake you up.
seems you think this is Nollywood

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by braine(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2023
The relationship has to end.

You cannot marry from a place where there is an active hostility against tyou.

Find someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by sylve11: 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2023
pachigo001:
her brother said he don’t like igbos

Hmmmm cool
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by 00FFT00(m): 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2023
pachigo001:
her brother said he don’t like igbos

Oga, shaparly give her belle, then hide her in your house for 3 months.
Na dem go beg you to marry her las las with a huge discount on the marriage list.
Don't bother thanking me. You're already welcomed.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by dawnomike(m): 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
pachigo001:
I have been dating this girl for a year now and we planned getting married this year but my problem is her brother always tell her not to marry me because Im not from the same tribe with her.

The thing is really affecting our relationship her brother is trying everything to manipulate her into hating me and the thing is affecting my mental health we love ourselves and she is the woman I need.

just need an advise from you guys if I should go ahead or end the relationship for good
Have you tried speaking to her brother about it to know his reasons and opinion?
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by Anonymoususher: 2:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
I will never marry a girl that the family is not OK with me. No matter how good she is or how much I love her, I will never proceed with the planned marriage because I wouldn't want to spend my marriage trying to please or get to their good books. Also I'd love my kids to have good relationship with their uncles and aunties not the ones that will push them away because of issues they have with their father.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by Ndidi2: 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
Sisora:
I have one rule as a man.

If someone else influences my woman's decision more than I do, she's not and will never be the one.

Just this one rule.

u just nailed it..
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by zanebaddo(m): 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2023
incandescentena:
Atiku married Yoruba. Davido married Igbo. FFK married Igbo. Bashir el-rufai married Igbo, and many moore. So whats the issue?!
Bashir Elrufai.?? Please get your facts right! He never married Igbo! Will never! His hatred for the tribe can never allow his small dick rise! I remember vividly how he foolishly played on igbos when he announced he was going to marry nwakaego on twitter and people actually took hom serious lol. He got married that time but it was never to any Igbo woman
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by marvy7: 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
Op... I hope u see this..
The girl likes u that's why she tells u... As a man it's expected u are or should be smarter and more matured than her... So if she saying this you ask her the reasons her brother isn't down with it... And seek to be close to the her brother and figure what it can be ....
Bt if go no go.... Turn back o... Family is important in marriage
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by bigpicture001: 2:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
pachigo001:

na una two dey marry not the brother nd u....if sh is down with u nd parents are cool with u both...abeg forget siblings

na so my ex sister push her to dump me say i no get big money...the mumu geh listen to her even when our relationship na model relationship...sh dump my sorry arss...

nd went after richer guy...now sh dey 32, sh nd richer guy everday na " i caught u" i caught u"... no proposal, na only... how was ur night, hv u eaten...

babe wey dey disturb me for marriage den nd i dey plan in next 12 months don nack another 3 years waiting for proposal from mr...cheat...

abeg marry only who send u..leave siblings, dem dey dey too emotional

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
incandescentena:
Atiku married Yoruba. Davido married Igbo. FFK married Igbo. Bashir el-rufai married Igbo, and many moore. So whats the issue?!

The issue is the OP isnt in the category of the people you mentioned

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by 00FFT00(m): 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
marvy7:
Op... I hope u see this..
The girl likes u that's why she tells u... As a man it's expected u are or should be smarter and more matured than her... So if she saying this you ask her the reasons her brother isn't down with it... And seek to be close to the her brother and figure what it can be ....
Bt if go no go.... Turn back o... Family is important in marriage

Exactly how is family important in marriage?. By dictating to others who they should love or spend the rest of their lives with?. Does she get to dictate who her ignorant brother marries as well?.

Black people and your backward mindset is the reason a thief and Cocaine sniffer/Heroin dealer, like Tinubu now calls himself president.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by Lobotomy02: 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
pachigo001:

Marry her brother instead.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by jagabanksa: 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2023
if you really love her and she loves you too, that is all you need. I know someone in similar scenario but the guy had a lot of patience and ensure that he is excelling in his career enough for them to allow them marry cos they were looking at his background as being the son of a sweet seller. He also ensure that he chose an older man to plead with the lady's family and the rest is history. they have a baby boy and are so happy together.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by gassbee: 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
pachigo001:
we are the same religion
which state is she from
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by randymirrors(f): 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
Go and marry from your tribe na abi Igbo girls don finish? Nobody wants anything to do with your tribe anymore let alone marriage. All of us don wise up.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by Nonywendy(m): 3:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
pachigo001:

If ur girl loves u much both of u can conquer dis cankerworm called tribalism in this country. If she doesn't love u much she will yield to her brother's wish

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by pachigo001(m): 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2023
gassbee:
which state is she from
ondo
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by pachigo001(m): 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2023
bigpicture001:

na una two dey marry not the brother nd u....if sh is down with u nd parents are coll with u both...abeg forget siblings

na so my ex sister push to dump me say i no get big money...the mumu geh listen to her even when our relationship na model relationship...sh dump my sorry arss...pathetic

nd went after richer guy...now sh dey 32, sh nd richer guy everday na " i caught u" i caught u"... no proposal, na only... how was ur night, hv u eaten...

babe wey dey disturb me for marriage den nd i dey plan in next 12 months don nack another 3 years waiting gor proposal from mr...cheat...

abeg marry only who send u..leave siblings, den dey dey too emotional

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by Dshocker(m): 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

I am going to tell you the gospel truth that I will tell my sibling with hope you will hear. The way Nigeria is now, there is a high tense moments between tribes especially people from the SE and the hate is manifesting. The "sensible" thing to do is STICK TO YOUR OWN because the hate the family had for you might transcends the love she had for you and you will have yourself to blame.

Watch her moves and if she is having double mind don't force her and quietly move on and limit your risk, love alone can't sustain marriage that is just the truth many will not tell you, it is too early to start fighting that battle and at the end is all going to be a pyrrhic victory, I have no issues with inter-tribal but only when the two families agreed to do it in peace anything outside that just move on it doesn't worth the fight in long run.

You are not far from being called a fool.

So only the Southeast is filled with hate abi?
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by pachigo001(m): 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
dawnomike:
Have you tried speaking to her brother about it to know his reasons and opinion?
her brother don’t want anything to do with me have tried several times to contact him but he will snub me

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her by pachigo001(m): 3:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
Mcslize:

First, does she know how to speak her language? If she doesn't know how to speak her language, then the issue of you not being from her tribe doesn't hold to me.
she can’t speak her language fluently

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Our Pre-wedding Pictures / I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend / Things Girls Should Know About Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.