Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law (50173 Views)

Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law / Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy / 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Patriotsleague: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2023
Dicado:
If the Act does not compulsorily require the companies to issue pre-paid meters for free to all consumers under their reach, it's rubbish.
Your state governors can make supply of metre for free, based on incentives they give to investors. It's like you people don't know what the term 'deregulation' means, every state now determines the type of investors and package they get in their power sector. You people act like kids who can't think for themselves always waiting for FG now the bill is passed, still waiting for FG to give free metres grin

Your state governor is the president of your state, focus more on him than you do the presidency.

7 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Patriotsleague: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2023
Tekzyflex:
I dey suspect Jagaban oooo! This guy may likely break the yoke of naija oooo. He's starting fine.
There is something about him, he gets the job done. we didn't support him based on tribal or sentimental reasons, Tinubu thinks and works.

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by BluntCrazeMan: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2023
bigdammyj:
Okay.

Buit, I thought Buhari did that a week or so to his retirement.
No.
He didn't
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by dappydozzy(m): 11:17am On Jun 09, 2023
Jeffyblaq:
Will only watch and feel his achievement after 100 days in office...

Till then..

Status quo remains the same😔

Sit don there dey watch, make you no face your life, dey watch president. Your life must be on its own, government on its own, No sitdon they watch government, no time to waste time.

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:17am On Jun 09, 2023
bigdammyj:
Okay.

Buit, I thought Buhari did that a week or so to his retirement.

Same thing I wanted to type... Buhari already signed this law na
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by SaintLucia: 11:18am On Jun 09, 2023
adefitim:
i pray Tinubu succeed
u will also succeed and come out victorious in whatever u do in life.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Patriotsleague: 11:19am On Jun 09, 2023
Jpblessed:
Na when the bill show you go know how far
You no wan pay bill?

Disconnect your light.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by InvestorsMind: 11:21am On Jun 09, 2023
Bad News For Obidients grin

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by lexy2014: 11:21am On Jun 09, 2023
TheboyGhost:
Nigerians are lucky to have Jagaban around.

I pray it last for them.

We are busy getting Biafra together 🥰

How are nigerians lucky? Is Tinubu the first president to sign bills into law?

What input did he make in the law he signed?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by saintkel(m): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2023
mosho2good:
*Yar'adua was very gentle and one of the best president has ever produced, small sickness him die.....buhari one of the worst president....a very wicked man wey no dey send anybody papa ..sick for 8 years and ruled for 8years him no die....stay wicked to live long or stay weak and gentle to die young*
dis is funny but somehow true
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Ruth1994(f): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2023
millionboi2:
Make tinubu open border make food items come down.na wetin i won hear be that.
He has
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by lexy2014: 11:22am On Jun 09, 2023
adefitim:
i pray Tinubu succeed

Do you for your tailor to succeed in sewing your clothes?

Do you pray for service providers to succeed so u can have network to browse?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Lacash: 11:23am On Jun 09, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/09/president-bola-tinubu-signs-electricity-act-2023-into-law/
Wow!!, what a welcome idea. God bless the Jagaban of Africa 💯💯🙏

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by bentenny(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2023
So what about the decentralization of electricity bill that was signed into law by the former president which gives states the authority to generate,transmit and distribute electricity in areas covered by the national grid in their domain?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by obembet(f): 11:25am On Jun 09, 2023
The Act also states that anyone may construct, own or operate an undertaking for generating electricity not exceeding 1 megawatt (MW) in aggregate at a site or an undertaking for distribution of electricity with a capacity not exceeding 100 kilowatts (KW) in aggregate at a site, or such other capacity as NERC may determine from time to time, without a license.

I think we have best president so far

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by lexy2014: 11:26am On Jun 09, 2023
Natural2Heal:
Tinubu is private sector driven and it is very good for our economy. Government has no business in business.

Now is the best time for investors to invest in good nigerian portfolios.

Did the bill he signed originate from him?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Rubyjade: 11:26am On Jun 09, 2023
Prepare for mad bill
Ok12345:
We have been having 4 days interrupted light here since last month in lagos mainland oo
What's happening?
The light choke oo
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by obembet(f): 11:28am On Jun 09, 2023
Mufasa27:

Good luck, we will be here watching you fail again

And you will wait forever, when when u reach hell, you will wait
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Rubyjade: 11:28am On Jun 09, 2023
Permit will be required giving room for more corruption, My uncle runs a dredging company in Ikorodu, the PR he does for Ministry and state
is alarming
Igwe9:
The Act also states that anyone may construct, own or operate an undertaking for generating electricity not exceeding 1 megawatt (MW) in aggregate at a site or an undertaking for distribution of electricity with a capacity not exceeding 100 kilowatts (KW) in aggregate at a site, or such other capacity as NERC may determine from time to time, without a license.
I like this part
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by lexy2014: 11:28am On Jun 09, 2023
Patriotsleague:

There is something about him, he gets the job done. we didn't support him based on tribal or sentimental reasons, Tinubu thinks and works.

Which job is he getting done? Is he first Nigerian president to sign a bill into law? Aren't you aware that signing a bill into law is a normal function of the head of the executive? Is he the one that made the bill he signed?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by bentenny(m): 11:29am On Jun 09, 2023
obembet:

I think we have best president so far
Go and check the decentralization of electricity act signed by buhari!
All you have said was contained in that electricity act!
So what is the difference?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by bayelsaowei(m): 11:30am On Jun 09, 2023
Patriotsleague:
State governors have no excuse anymore, use your leverage and invite investors to power your state. Stop waiting for FG when you have powers under the law to run things for your state and people. People be wise, state governors steal your money and lie that they are being stopped from building ports, and other infrastructure that boosts economic viability, they have rights and powers to create meaningful development, infrastructure and development for your states. Stop hating on Lagos, instead copy Lagos road map to economic viability and growth.
now we will know the states with sensible governors or not...

I expect state governments to be ahead of schedule getting ready for electricity generation and distribution expansion like never before...

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by lexy2014: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2023
Tekzyflex:
I dey suspect Jagaban oooo! This guy may likely break the yoke of naija oooo. He's starting fine.

By signing a bill into law? Is he the first president to sign a bill into law? If u saying that he will break Nigeria's yole because he signed a bill into law, then the yoke was long broken because other presidents have done the same and there was no noise and ass licking
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Rubyjade: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2023
sonature1:
Although the last assembly failed at checking the excesses of the executive arm, I must commend them for the number of bills they successively passed, including Electoral Act, PIB, this right here, etc.

For power, I want to see big companies invest in solar from generation through transmission to distribution. We have to break the 5KMegawatts of electricity jinx!
Think of the business side of these businesses
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by ellyrichy(m): 11:31am On Jun 09, 2023
Baba God abeg give our honourable President more wisdom and divine health. Amen
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Rubyjade: 11:31am On Jun 09, 2023
The Electricity Act was first passed in July 2022 under the Muhammadu Buhari administration.
lexy2014:

By signing a bill into law? Is he the first president to sign a bill into law? If u saying that he will break Nigeria's yole because he signed a bill into law, then the yoke was long broken because other presidents have done the same and there was no noise and ass licking
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by lexy2014: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2023
Image123:
Wow. This is a big step in the right direction. Many bottlenecks removed in power generation. Tinubu don turn star boy oh, just ticking all the right boxes per day.
No wonder e dey shout Emilokan.

Did the bill he signed originate from him? Is he the first nigerian president to sign a bill into law? When did signing a bill into law warrant ass licking as if we have never seen it before in history?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Alphanancy: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2023
sonature1:
Although the last assembly failed at checking the excesses of the executive arm, I must commend them for the number of bills they successively passed, including Electoral Act, PIB, this right here, etc.

For power, I want to see big companies invest in solar from generation through transmission to distribution. We have to break the 5KMegawatts of electricity jinx!
Electoral Act that they could not defend and protect from being raped by Buhari and APC. That one na electoral Act?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by eldeens: 11:35am On Jun 09, 2023
TheboyGhost:
Nigerians are lucky to have Jagaban around.

I pray it last for them.

We are busy getting Biafra together 🥰

Iswear but only ones with their heart open and has the country at heart will believe
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by bentenny(m): 11:35am On Jun 09, 2023
Buhari signs amended constitution to allow states generate, transmit electricity

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has signed into law the constitutional amendment allowing states in the country to licence, generate, transmit, and distribute electricity.

This was made known in a tweet by the presidential media spokesperson, Tolu Ogunlesi, on Friday.

He tweeted, “President #MBuhari has signed 16 constitution amendment bills into law. By this signing, State Houses of Assembly & judiciaries now have constitutionally guaranteed financial independence, while railways have moved from Exclusive Legislative List to the concurrent list.

“Another landmark change: By virtue of the presidential assent, Nigerian states can now generate, transmit and distribute electricity in areas covered by the national grid. (This) wasn’t allowed pre-amendment. This is genuine, realistic restructuring — through the constitution.”

https://punchng.com/buhari-signs-amended-constitution-to-allow-states-generate-transmit-electricity/?amp

So I ask again what is the difference?
This act signed by bihari also gives states the authority to create their own regulatory body which can give license to private electricity companies!
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by eldeens: 11:37am On Jun 09, 2023
We thank God for the gift of Asiwaju. If you are still in court to stop this man, may God never allow you out of that court, may you spend all your earnings without results. Long live Jagaban, long live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by jahsharon: 11:38am On Jun 09, 2023
Septagon:
Didn't read but i believe it will lead to more taxation and more bills,who read?

Hadley Chase available

It's like negativity is a family curse

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US DOJ Says Kingsley Kuku Used Stolen Billions From Amnesty To Fund Air Peace / Nigeria’s Untouchable Seven / Buhari's Portrait Hung On A Pole In Cameroon (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.