Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law (50165 Views)

Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law / Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy / 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Weathered: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
Patriotsleague:
State governors have no excuse anymore, use your leverage and invite investors to power your state. Stop waiting for FG when you have powers under the law to run things for your state and people. People be wise, state governors steal your money and lie that they are being stopped from building ports, and other infrastructure that boosts economic viability, they have rights and powers to create meaningful development, infrastructure and development for your states. Stop hating on Lagos, instead copy Lagos road map to economic viability and growth.
Lagos has an evil monopoly of sea ports.

Let's see Port Harcourt, Warri and Calabar ports come up again and let's see
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Patriotsleague: 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
Weathered:
Lagos has an evil monopoly of sea ports.

Let's see Port Harcourt, Warri and Calabar ports come up again and let's see
Nobody is stopping no one. Your governors are lazy thieves, lazy heads, only good in stealing allocations and lying to you.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by AfonjaScud: 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
Septagon:
soft

I think we've chatted before - on whatsAap.
I was going to buy 89 copies for #4450, then my phone went haywire.

ZeroEightZero SixFoveEithhtSevenFiveSevenThreeZero
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Arabaincubus: 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
Law passed since 2022? This Buhari na wa
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Weathered: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
Patriotsleague:

Nobody is stopping no one. Your governors are lazy thieves, lazy heads, only good in stealing allocations and lying to you.
sea ports are exclusive authority of the FG.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by bjdon: 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
lexy2014:

When did signing a bill into law become a big deal? Is Tinubu the first head of executive in Nigeria to sign a bill into law?

Did the bill he signed originate from him?
He could have eassily vetoed the bill, if he wanted to continue the corruptio in the power generation sector at the centre. To be fair to him even as gov of Lagos he was advocating that states should have the right to generate power.
We need to stop being emotional about things. For now this is a good move and should be appluded as such, trust me when he goofs, I will be one of this loudest and sharpest critics on here.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by thegrinch(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
PHZADDY1:
Let the impact be seen no be to sign be problem

Oponu ni ogbeni yi. You just must flap that ya mouth.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by thegrinch(m): 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
Septagon:
Didn't read but i believe it will lead to more taxation and more bills,who read?

Hadley Chase available

What do you want to do with Hadley Chase when you can't read a couple of paragraphs. Entertainment (JHC) is good. Information is better.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by thegrinch(m): 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
Septagon:
Didn't read but i believe it will lead to more taxation and more bills,who read?

Hadley Chase available

What do you want to do with Hadley Chase when you can't read a couple of paragraphs. Entertainment (JHC) is good. Information is better.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by nelxxy(m): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
thedio:

Incase u don't know, Tinubu was an auditor. I don't know the trick anyone would use to steal his govt money unless he decided to look away or authorized it
it is not about being auditor bro. we see how saint buhari government went
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Bimpe29: 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
Congratulations to all the Power Stakeholders.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Patriotsleague: 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Weathered:
sea ports are exclusive authority of the FG.
State governors can build sea ports, in Lagos one was completed recently, FG didn't put one naira there.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by garfield1: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
Jenn05:
On a low key

You are so hot
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by lexy2014: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
bjdon:

He could have eassily vetoed the bill, if he wanted to continue the corruptio in the power generation sector at the centre. To be fair to him even as gov of Lagos he was advocating that states should have the right to generate power.
We need to stop being emotional about things. For now this is a good move and should be appluded as such, trust me when he goofs, I will be one of this loudest and sharpest critics on here.

You didn't answer my questions.

1. When did signing a bill into law become a big deal?

2. Is Tinubu the first head of executive in Nigeria to sign a bill into law?

3. Did the bill he signed originate from him?

4. What makes you think that when the head of the executive vetoes a bill, that is the end of the bill?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by jibs4lv(m): 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
telleyway:

Oga be calming down.
This bill was passed before Tinubu's elections, give credit to the 9th assembly.
I also remember very well this is what Mneji wanted to do when he was power minister and was frustrated out of office by the cabal. Nigeria will one day be great
God bless Tinubu for this , we gave him all the credit . No time for Senseless excuse since they can't do it then.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by MSesan: 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
And u shall wait till Jesus come...

Mufasa27:

Good luck, we will be here watching you fail again
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Cromagnon: 6:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
GeneralPula:
Interesting..

As a citizen, one advantage of this is that you can invest into electricity and start making money..

Invest in Generating 100KW and start distribution while you receive your pay accordingly! This is just like owing a filling station & discharging fuel for people at a price! You don’t need a license for this so if anyone is requesting for license, just report the person!

But ensure you don't go beyond the law so you won't have problem..

The Act also states that anyone may construct, own or operate an undertaking for generating electricity not exceeding 1 megawatt (MW) in aggregate at a site or an undertaking for distribution of electricity with a capacity not exceeding 100 kilowatts (KW) in aggregate at a site, or such other capacity as NERC may determine from time to time, without a license.
Why is it restricted to 1mw
Dangote has almost 500mw
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Cromagnon: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

I'm not surprised you didn't read

What's wrong with tax if and only if the services will be provided
Tax never provide d service
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by adefitim(m): 7:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
Like I said Yes Daddy.
lexy2014:

Does that mean that you don't trust the ability of your tailor to sew your clothes well or your service provider to give u network hence your prayer?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Septagon: 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
AfonjaScud:

I think we've chatted before - on whatsAap.
I was going to buy 89 copies for #4450, then my phone went haywire.

ZeroEightZero SixFoveEithhtSevenFiveSevenThreeZero
ur no is not reflecting on wasap.just called u
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by nomolos92: 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
I'm not a fan of Tinubu

But however it is, his government will be 100 times better than Buhari, he's so open minded and civilized, unlike the coconut head heartless jihadist
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by AfonjaPriest: 8:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
Don't twist your reasoning to sound foolish. If you have been having power supply better than before, it's not magic, it's simply that we are in the rainy season. The hydroelectric power generation will be at full steam, and with the uninterrupted supply of gas to the other power stations, what could possibly go wrong?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Shurtman79(m): 2:00am On Jun 10, 2023
Ok12345:
We have been having 4 days interrupted light here since last month in lagos mainland oo
What's happening?
The light choke oo
Aswear I dey Costain I was like I'm I dreaming
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by FarmTech(m): 4:57am On Jun 10, 2023
AZGoogle:

Up to 1000KW
No. It says u can distribute up to 100kw or generate up to 1MW without license.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Dicado: 5:53am On Jun 10, 2023
You speak like a stranger. Nigeria has never had their choice president or governors, it's either one INEC drama or the other that will end in court.
Patriotsleague:

That directive can't be specified in the act, because different business contracts has different terms, this is deregularization, decentralization era, businesses are run by private entities, to optimize service and value. State governors should know what's best for their people, the people should ensure they vote in governors who wish the best for them. We have been screaming true federalism, state powers, it's here. A state governor and it's parliament has responsibility for the wellbeing of their state, stop looking to the president, look to your governors and house of assemblies to streamline this bills to suite your state's needs.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Patriotsleague: 7:11am On Jun 10, 2023
Dicado:
You speak like a stranger. Nigeria has never had their choice president or governors, it's either one INEC drama or the other that will end in court.
State politics is different from federal politics. The people determine the type of leaders they support to power. Decentralization.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by DMerciful(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2023

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Dicado: 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
Patriotsleague:

State politics is different from federal politics. The people determine the type of leaders they support to power. Decentralization.
Lma
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Dicado: 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
Patriotsleague:

Lmao
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Meritjoshua(m): 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2023
Tinubu is the right man. Even LP elect member testify to it. one of the greatest politician grin the next task is to release Nnamdi kanu
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Meritjoshua(m): 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2023
nomolos92:
I'm not a fan of Tinubu

But however it is, his government will be 100 times better than Buhari, he's so open minded and civilized, unlike the coconut head heartless jihadist
kiss
nomolos92:
I'm not a fan of Tinubu

Thanks for saying the truth a

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari's Incredible Come Back Journey In one Picture / Femi Fani-Kayode In Green White Green With Yerima In Zamfara (Pictures) / APC Youths Hold Rally For Tinubu In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.