Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,055 members, 7,828,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law (50166 Views)

Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law / Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy / 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Patriotsleague: 11:38am On Jun 09, 2023
bayelsaowei:
now we will know the states with sensible governors or not...

I expect state governments to be ahead of schedule getting ready for electricity generation and distribution expansion like never before...

Yes, the state governors always lie, that they are not allowed to do this and that, now we have decentralization of power, let's see how gullible their followers will remain, who only like to focus on presidency forgetting that resources are shared and allocated to all states, and state governors can build airport, ports and any type of infrastructure they wish to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Bmaster(m): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2023
TheboyGhost:
Nigerians are lucky to have Jagaban around.

I pray it last for them.

We are busy getting Biafra together 🥰
it won't last.stop praying
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Image123(m): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2023
lexy2014:

Did the bill he signed originate from him? Is he the first nigerian president to sign a bill into law? When did signing a bill into law warrant ass licking as if we have never seen it before in history?

Did he sign it or he didn't sign it? You obviously don't know the impact and magnitude of the bill.
What will you do if he leaves the bill on his desk unread and unsigned like a drunk for 3 years? There are so many people in the world that their papers, applications and requests are waiting for someone to sign/approve. As we say, they sat on it. Please learn to appreciate good and right things, even the Holy Book says so.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Nwaotu10(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2023
Tareq1105:

He seems to understand the challenges of Nigeria and Nigerians.
Honestly.
Power is frustrating my efforts as a freelance video editor.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Patriotsleague: 11:40am On Jun 09, 2023
lexy2014:

Which job is he getting done? Is he first Nigerian president to sign a bill into law? Aren't you aware that signing a bill into law is a normal function of the head of the executive? Is he the one that made the bill he signed?
Hate kills.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Acidosis(m): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2023
Another electricity bill? grin
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by bentenny(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2023
Rubyjade:

The Electricity Act was first passed in July 2022 under the Muhammadu Buhari administration.
Actually the electricity act was passed by the national assembly on the said date but buhari signed it into law on march 2023!
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by SmartyPants(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2023
bigdammyj:
Okay.

Buit, I thought Buhari did that a week or so to his retirement.

Buhari ammended the Constitution to pave the way for the creation of this Act. Its like a relay race.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by bentenny(m): 11:43am On Jun 09, 2023
Acidosis:

Balablu wan take bubu shine! grin
Cos I see no difference between what he signed and what was signed by buhari!
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by SmartyPants(m): 11:44am On Jun 09, 2023
bentenny:

So I ask again what is the difference?
This act signed by bihari also gives states the authority to create their own regulatory body which can give license to private electricity companies!

There's a difference. Buhari signed a constitutional ammendment to make it possible for states to regulate power. But you still need an Act to prescribe the specifics of how it will work.
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by seunayantokun(m): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2023
That's freedom for good business
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by bentenny(m): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2023
SmartyPants:

There's a difference. Buhari signed a constitutional ammendment to make it possible for states to regulate power. But you sti need an Act to prescribe the specifics of how it will work.
What are the specifics that were not contained in the initial electricity act signed by buhari?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by SmartyPants(m): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2023
Acidosis:

Which other electricity Act (not bill)do you know of?
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by SmartyPants(m): 11:47am On Jun 09, 2023
bentenny:

What are the specifics that were not contained in the initial electricity act signed by buhari?

Buhari did not sign an electricty Act. He signed a constitutional ammendment bill. What Tinubu has signed is the only such Act.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Lalar27: 11:48am On Jun 09, 2023
Septagon:
Didn't read but i believe it will lead to more taxation and more bills,who read?

Hadley Chase available
Ok
Which one will you be happy with pay taxes and things start getting better in the country or don't pay taxes and things get more worst in the country?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by GeneralPula: 11:49am On Jun 09, 2023
MightySparrow:

You get it joor. He has been looking for away to burst forth to discharge what he has.
He once was shouting regional integration because he knows Nigeria as an entity is not easily broken into pieces.
He was desperate to make things work.
By the time he will leave the seat, Igbo presidency will be easy.

He is Yoruba, quietly he will destroy the existing system politically and prosperity. I think he the man we need for now.

Long live Jagaban
Long live Nigeria
Mehnnn. You smart! This is what many Igbos seem not to understand yet!

SS already understand this. You can see they’ve been aligning much into the center. Even tho they’re abusing them online, tomorrow will come and they’ll reap it! That’s politics!

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by bjdon: 11:49am On Jun 09, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/09/president-bola-tinubu-signs-electricity-act-2023-into-law/
Very good move.
I don't like or support Tinubu, but when he does the right thing, I will praise him. Signing this bill into law, is actually the start of Restructuring in Nigeria. Now everbody should face their STATES and demand their governors implment power genration projects. No more waiting for Abuja to solve all problems.

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by lexy2014: 11:51am On Jun 09, 2023
Image123:

Did he sign it or he didn't sign it? You obviously don't know the impact and magnitude of the bill.
What will you do if he leaves the bill on his desk unread and unsigned like a drunk for 3 years? There are so many people in the world that their papers, applications and requests are waiting for someone to sign/approve. As we say, they sat on it. Please learn to appreciate good and right things, even the Holy Book says so.

You didn't answer my questions.

Did the bill he signed originate from him?

Is he the first nigerian president to sign a bill into law?

When did signing a bill into law warrant ass licking as if we have never seen it before in history?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by lexy2014: 11:52am On Jun 09, 2023
bjdon:

Very good move.
I don't like or support Tinubu, but when he does the right thing, I will praise him. Signing this bill into law, is actually the start of Restructuring in Nigeria. Now everbody should face their STATES and demand their governors implment power genration projects. No more waiting for Abuja to solve all problems.

When did signing a bill into law become a big deal? Is Tinubu the first head of executive in Nigeria to sign a bill into law?

Did the bill he signed originate from him?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by lexy2014: 11:53am On Jun 09, 2023
Patriotsleague:

Hate kills.

Doesn't answer the questions.

Which job is he getting done?

Is he first Nigerian president to sign a bill into law?

Aren't you aware that signing a bill into law is a normal function of the head of the executive?

Is he the one that made the bill he signed?

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by AVECDEO: 11:53am On Jun 09, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/09/president-bola-tinubu-signs-electricity-act-2023-into-law/

I'm totally impressed and wowed. This is a laudable and bold step for a new Nigeria amd and the administration of Jagaban. "ITU BABA ITA EGBON IDAN!"
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by 43Ronin: 11:53am On Jun 09, 2023
but buharri signed this before he left naa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by thedio(m): 11:54am On Jun 09, 2023
Not surprised,he advocated for it when he was Lagos state gov
Tinubu is going to decentralized and reduce fed govt power. I expect him to give more power to state
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Meritjoshua(m): 11:54am On Jun 09, 2023
Tinubu on the track... BAT is ready to cook ;-) :
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by seguno2: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2023
bigdammyj:
Okay.

Buit, I thought Buhari did that a week or so to his retirement.

That’s what I thought too.
Can he be doing again something that is already done
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by nelxxy(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2023
i like how tinubu is moving.. my major worries about his government is corruption
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by AngelicBeing: 11:57am On Jun 09, 2023
cheesy
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by seguno2: 11:59am On Jun 09, 2023
Lalar27:
Ok
Which one will you be happy with pay taxes and things start getting better in the country or don't pay taxes and things get more worst in the country?

Is this what Lagosians have experienced since 1999

itubaba001:
Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria, has been ranking as one of the worst places to live in the world for the nine straight years, a BusinessDay analysis shows.

Data from the 2019 Global Liveability Index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the world’s leader in global business intelligence, shows the city has been within the range of 137th-139th position out of a total of 140 cities in the world from year 2011-2019.

Last year, Nigeria overtook India as the country with the largest number of people living in extreme poverty, thereby becoming the world capital of poverty, according to the Brookings Institute. This year, the number has risen to 91.6 million from 87 million in June 2018. Every minute, six Nigerians enter the group of extremely poor people, according to the World Poverty Clock.

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/lagos-ranks-amongst-worst-cities-to-live-in-for-nine-straight-years/
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by GeneralPula: 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
bentenny:
So what about the decentralization of electricity bill that was signed into law by the former president which gives states the authority to generate,transmit and distribute electricity in areas covered by the national grid in their domain?
It’s still in place..
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by Ellasure: 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
excellent development, long overdue for Nigerian economic development and international marketing.

local and foreign economic investors, where are you. please remember Nigeria in your industrial plan and projections. high level manpower are all over Nigeria.

this is the direction dr Jonathan should have pursued, it appears the razmatazz of the office of the president of Nigeria got a better part of him.

for buhari, he was clueless and a thief to the bone marrow, shameless maggot of a man.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by GeneralPula: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Rubyjade:
Permit will be required giving room for more corruption, My uncle runs a dredging company in Ikorodu, the PR he does for Ministry and state
is alarming
With this new law, I think your uncle can now involve police into the matter..
Re: President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
Akonimohate12:
cool angry grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin they are boarding an invinsible airplane in Ethiopea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode In Green White Green With Yerima In Zamfara (Pictures) / President Buhari's Incredible Come Back Journey In one Picture / Fayose Shows Off His "Shaku Shaku" Dancing Skills At His Daughter's Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.