Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,418 members, 7,853,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

Meditation - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meditation (8659 Views)

Insights Into My Meditation - Podcasts By Moyosore Ola-oludiya / Prayers & Meditation: Big Advantage Religious Folks Have Over Atheists / Meditation on The Omnipresence Of The Christ Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 10:18am On Jan 20
Nidhema
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 10:18am On Jan 20
Dhupema
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 10:21am On Jan 20
Brahma
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 10:32am On Jan 20
Mamaki
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 10:52am On Jan 20
Aum
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 10:53am On Jan 20
Samantha badra
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 10:53am On Jan 20
Padma sambava
Re: Meditation by Luna65: 1:14pm On Jan 20
I bought the three main text books for introductory psychology and I read through them. And of course being Charlie Munger, I decided that the psychologists were doing it all wrong, and I could do it better. And one of the ideas that I came up with which wasn’t in any of the books was that the Lollapalooza effects came when 3 or 4 of the tendencies were operating at once in the same situation. I could see that it wasn’t linear, you’ve got Lollapalooza effects. But the psychology people couldn’t do experiments that were 4 or 5 things happening at once because it got too complicated for them and they couldn’t publish. So they were ignoring the most important thing in their own profession.
Re: Meditation by Luna65: 2:00pm On Jan 20
And yeah, I’d been educated at Cal Tech and the Harvard Law School and so forth. So very eminent places miseducated people like you and me
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 11:03pm On Jan 21
Joshua tree
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 11:04pm On Jan 21
Phat
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 11:04pm On Jan 21
Heruka.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22
Dolma
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:50am On Jan 23
The imagination.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:31pm On Jan 23
Touch the words.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:59pm On Jan 23
Tin.
Computers.
Anoint cloth.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23
Is this wise?
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 3:38pm On Jan 23
Fork!!!!
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:38pm On Jan 23
Career success is using your daily work, school work, work in the world, work at home, doing the laundry, doing anything, all physical tasks, cleaning the car, any kind of work and specifically career itself, using career as a way, and scholastics, of advancing your mental state. Also obviously career success means making enough money to lead the kind of life you would like to lead as a practicing Buddhist. To be able to live in the kind of house, in the right energy area, to have the kind of car, whatever it is you need to shelter yourself from the abrasive forces of life that would be draining to you and keep you in lower states of mind. So the purpose of work is to make enough money to exclude the abrasiveness, to shelter yourself, to live well in other words and happily and successfully in a material sense. Also, with work to make money to assist others, if you enjoy that. To pay for your own spiritual practice, to advance yourself, and just to have fun. But by and large, I define career success as using your work to advance yourself spiritually. And you can do that with any kind of work, if you use work as meditation. Work becomes meditation, then 8 hours of work is 8 hours of meditation. It’s still important to do a morning meditation and evening silent meditation, meaning a sitting meditation, because it’s an entirely different level of experience. By doing a proper meditation in the morning, a good sitting meditation, you’ll open yourself up to the planes of light and that will enable you to do a strong work meditation all day, just to be in high states all day. And then of course, if you do that, when you come home, you will be able to meditate well again, because you won’t be exhausted as everyone else is because you have been gaining a kind of Ki or power from your work. That’s the secret. So meditation comes in different forms. And the best form of meditation, of course, is the one that makes you smile the most. And that’s the sitting meditation, but next is work. Work is a great way to meditate.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:23pm On Jan 23
"Imagine God"
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 6:26pm On Jan 24
Say it slowly.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 11:49am On Jan 25
MARIA

It was dark and windy the night of our journey to the desert. Fall had set in. Banks of clouds were chasing through the sky. The moon was hiding out somewhere behind a cloud. Only the stars shone as brightly as ever. We were sitting on the sand during one of our meditation breaks. Robert was standing next to Atmananda in the middle of the half-circle we formed. In the dark the two of them looked like faint shadows. Robert was receiving his spiritual name. Straining to penetrate the darkness with my eyes I saw Atmananda put his hand on Robert's forehead. He gave him the name Hanuman. Robert was not the only one to receive a new name that night. After the little ceremony was over we were waiting for Atmananda to begin his play with the desert forces. Instead he just stood there silently. Suddenly his voice came out of the dark: “I have to disappoint you,” he said. “I am not who you think I am.” There was great puzzlement in the audience. He went on: “I don't really know how to tell you this. It's like breaking up with an old girlfriend, and I have never been good at that.” By now he had us all keyed up. I wondered what he was up to this time. Atmananda loves to surprise us with unexpected news, constantly unsettling people like myself who cling to old ways. Somehow I felt that what he was about to reveal to us went beyond his normal change of plans. My heart began to pound. He continued: “You think I am a person, but I am not, although I used to think so too. I took myself for a spiritual seeker, for an English professor. During the years I spent meditating I felt my identities fade away one after the other. I was fighting the process tooth and nail, just like all of you are doing now, but in vain. I couldn't stop the dissolution of myself, and I finally had to realize that I was no longer a person. “After many years of studying with a spiritual teacher I was given the name of Atmananda. It is a beautiful name which means 'Bliss of the Soul,' or the 'Soul's Ecstasy.' I was very happy with that name until I began to feel that the being named Atmananda was dissolving. “I didn't understand what was happening. I felt the powers from my past lives come back to me with unbelievable speed. I became enlightened, then self realized. The process hasn't stopped. I have no control over it. “Time and again I asked myself who I was. As I watched myself being transformed into a vortex of energy, I kept wondering who all this was happening to. Here I was, this ridiculous being, cycling rapidly through a process that has traditionally taken spiritual teachers many years. “Then this morning I suddenly knew who I was. I woke up surrounded by a field of luminosity; a river of light was streaming through me. I suddenly understood. It was all so simple.” Needless to say, by this time we were bursting with curiosity. “Before I tell you who I am,” Atmananda went on, “I want to hear from you who you think I am.” Silence. Then a hesitant voice from the dark: “I thought you were a doorway to eternity.” “You are a spiritual teacher,” somebody else said. “Doorway to eternity, spiritual teacher! Come on, none of this philosophy, please. Any other suggestions?” Again, puzzled silence. The tension became unbearable.
“You are Rama,” someone said calmly. “Yes, I am Rama.” The revelation was overwhelming. “Rama is an incarnation of Vishnu,” Atmananda/Rama explained. “In a way I was aware of it even before I consciously accepted my destiny. I named our center Lakshmi after the consort of Vishnu. I gave the name of Lakshmana (who was Rama's brother) and of Hanuman to two of my students. This morning it became clear to me why I had done this.” Reactions among the students varied from hysterical laughter to dead silence. After all, one doesn't get news like this every day. The fact that your teacher is somehow associated with a Hindu god can be quite a shock. Atmananda/Rama (I hadn't made the full transition yet from one name to the other) foresaw the perilous turn our consciousness was about to take. He eased the growing tension with a few jokes. Then he became serious. “I want you to be very clear about what I just told you. I am not the Rama who was alive many years ago. Rather I am an incarnation of that type of energy which in Hindu mythology is associated with Vishnu. Gods and goddesses are not what people think they are. Their names are terms with which we try to convey a certain experience, a state of consciousness. “You have to understand that everything is Light. Human beings are Light. There are different types or aspects of Light. Rama is one particular aspect — a very flashy one. “You, too, are Light. Do you understand? This is why I am sharing all of this with you. What I just told you doesn't really concern me so much as it concerns you. I am a reflection of your Self, nothing more or less. I am your dream. Look at me and remember who you are. If you keep forgetting it, all we are doing together is a waste of time. Watch me; I will help you understand.” Rama lifted his arms to the sky. Light was emanating from them. He was growing very tall. “You are gliding above the ground,” one of the students exclaimed. At first I could barely see him. Then it suddenly looked as if his body exploded into light. From then on I saw him dissolve again and again, his body giving way to rays and swirls of light. For a moment I was fighting the feeling of Atmananda dissolving and of Rama being born. Just as I was getting used to Atmananda, was he no longer to exist? Rama as a figure in Hindu mythology didn't mean much to me. The sound of the name, however, was somehow familiar. As I listened to it being repeated over and over again by students asking questions, I calmly accepted my teacher's new identity. I began to feel the name. It was old, clear, and strong. Although short and simple, it carried the vibrations of infinity. It was the right name. When we walked out of the desert in the early morning, the sun was rising and the world began to shine. We formed a circle at the entrance to the desert. Rama was standing in the middle. For a short moment he looked like Atmananda again. As he meditated on us I realized that he was Rama. Atmananda was gone. I looked at the other students. We all had changed that night, and I felt that we would never be the same again.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:23pm On Jan 25
“You don't have to be enlightened to go there. I'm returning to the world where I first took incarnation. It's much more fun there. We can go on crusades and have adventures. It's not exactly a physical world. And it's much easier to know God there, to become Self Realized, because the Maya isn't as thick. The Maya is very thick here and it's going to get much thicker, much darker here soon. “You all understand Karma? The law of cause and effect? It's a karmic law that you'll return to whatever you love the most. Through the law of attraction you'll be drawn into incarnation by whatever you love the most.
“But you have to be yourself and love what you love and be who you are. If it's the Dharma, you'll be born where I am. If not, you'll be born wherever that which you love is, and that's appropriate.”
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:49pm On Jan 25
“Yes, but I never remembered in those lives. A few years ago the thought came that I was an incarnation of Vishnu. I treated that thought as I treat all thoughts; I pushed it away and continued to meditate ... until this morning when Eternity gave me my new name.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:09pm On Jan 25
Think about it and say,"Is this wise?"
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:44pm On Jan 25
Phat
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:45pm On Jan 25
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:59pm On Jan 25
No I,me and my.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 2:22am On Jan 26
All religions are true. God can be reached by different religions. Many rivers flow by many ways but they fall into the sea. They all are one.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 2:26am On Jan 26
If you meditate on your ideal, you will acquire its nature. If you think of God day and night, you will acquire the nature of God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply)

Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year / Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions / Joagbaje This Will Shock You , A Very Short Message By Zac Pooen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.