Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,488 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Meditation - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meditation (7776 Views)

Insights Into My Meditation - Podcasts By Moyosore Ola-oludiya / Prayers & Meditation: Big Advantage Religious Folks Have Over Atheists / Meditation on The Omnipresence Of The Christ Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 10:28am On Feb 04
Phat
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 11:52am On Feb 05
Great desires.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 3:37pm On Feb 06
“When we are at last freed from the body that has defined and dominated our understanding of ourselves for so long, the karmic vision of one life is completely exhausted, but any karma that might be created in the future has not yet begun to crystallize. So what happens in death is that there is a “gap” or space that is fertile with vast possibility; it is a moment of tremendous, pregnant power where the only thing that matters, or could matter, is how exactly our mind is. Stripped of a physical body, mind stands naked, revealed startlingly for what it has always been: the architect of our reality.” ~ Sogyal Rinpoche,
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 3:39pm On Feb 06
Planning for the future is like going fishing in a dry gulch; nothing ever works out as you wanted, so give up all your schemes and ambitions. If you have got to think about something ~ Make it the uncertainty of the hour of your death.” ~ Sogyal Rinpoche
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:17pm On Feb 06
The use of the powers, of the siddah powers, is actually a very scientific application of occult energy through the occult body to do something specific. If you went to a very rudimentary tribe that had never seen modern technology. And if you whipped out a little butane lighter and lit it, they would be astonished perhaps. They’d think you had done a miracle. Somehow, just by moving your finger, you’d caused flame to sprout out of that little device. You know it’s not a miracle, its just a lighter. You know how it works. There’s gas, there’s a spark, gas ignites and burns. Gas is stored in a little canister. That’s what the siddah powers are like. There just an intelligent application of energy. Like using a lighter, it’s like doing anything technological. It’s not a big deal. It’s only a big deal to someone who doesn’t understand what it is. Some of the more common siddah powers are, of course, physical healing, obviously empowerments and transformations of consciousness. But physical healing to heal somebody of a disease they might have, or an ailment. To bring them back from the brink of death to life just with pure energy, pure power. There are siddahs, of course, that you’ve heard about, levitation, that kind of thing. There’s the siddah, the tumo, to be able to create a lot of heat so that you’re not cold, even in a very cold environment. Very useful in caves in Tibet, by the way. There are a lot of different siddahs, you can read about them in mystical books. I think personally, though, the most convincing miracle is the miracle of light, that you see when you’re with someone who’s Enlightened. When you visit an Enlightened teacher, if you have the opportunity meditate with them, if they sit in meditation, for a period of time, you should close your eyes and meditate. But you should also once in a while open your eyes and observe them. Look at the energy field around their body. You will see if they’re Enlightened, if you’re not complete blocked up psychically, you will see a number of emanations, a number of different lighting effects that are beautiful to watch. You may see golden lights all around them, diffuse light all around them. You may see them go into a photo negative where it looks like everything reverses. You may see them dissolve in light, the light may grow so thick that you can’t see them, you can’t make out their body. You can see through them sometimes. Sometimes you can actually see right through them and see what’s behind them. Depends upon the state of attention that they are in. But as you watch an Enlightened teacher, You will see this light after a while. Some times people come to an Enlightened teacher and they don’t see the light at all. They’re just blocked up. Their mind is so caught up in the world of the senses and thought, that they simply can’t let go and allow their occult eyes to see. So they need to practice meditation for a while. But most people can see the light. Even the first time. Sometimes it’s funny, they don’t even know what they are seeing. Its so natural that it doesn’t seem like its unusual. Well, I’ll tell you a story.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:30pm On Feb 06
When I meditate, people see manifestations of light when I go into samadhi and through the samadhis. And sometimes when I meditate, if I’m doing a public meditation, the energy of Enlightenment is very clear, it’s very high, its very beautiful. And it’s so clear that people don’t realize that their attention has been elevated. When you’re dealing with someone who is fully Enlightened, the energy is so perfect, in a way of speaking, it’s so shiny, that you really don’t know its there. I once had a judo teacher and he explained, he was telling stories about great black belts and stuff, and he said there would be an opportunity, he had a 5th degree black belt, to work with a 6th degree black belt and get thrown by him. Now immediately, I was filled with terror. I was quite young at the time and I said, “Gosh, wouldn’t it be better to be thrown by a first degree black belt and not a 6th degree black belt. I assumed that the 6th degree black belt would just sort of mop you up all over the floor. And the first degree black belt would be easier to deal with. And he said, “No, no, no. It’s much better to be thrown, if your new, by a 6th degree black belt, not by a first degree black belt. A first degree black belt is still new to the world of martial arts and when they throw you, they might injure you. They can’t see that you’re a beginner, they don’t have complete control yet. They might know you’re a beginner, but they just don’t have the control to get you to land correctly, to compensate for your lack of knowledge. A 6th degree black belt on the other hand, is so good at what they do, that they will place you on the ground just perfectly, without injuring you. They will be able to compensate for your lack of knowledge. So the same is true with teachers and with miracles. There are some teachers who just perform miracles, they can manifest things from the other world into this world. They’re not necessarily Enlightened, they have siddah powers. And they may even be spiritual. But the energy field around them, if you’re a consour of energy fields, is a little bit rough. There is an intensity to it, that is not completely pure. If you’re with someone who’s truly Enlightened, a fully Enlightened being, jivanmukta, liberated sole, the light, the quality of the light, is so clear, it’s so perfect, you don’t really know that it’s there, until later. In other words, their energy field, when you’re with them, lifts you up and you don’t really recognize that you’ve been lifted up into altered states of attention, higher states of consciousness, until you come down later. It’s so clean, it’s so pure, it’s so natural, that there is no sense, they’re so good at it, they through you so perfectly, into higher states of consciousness, that you don’t get injured. You don’t even realize that you’re in higher states of consciousness. It’s so subtle until later when you come down from that state of attention and then suddenly you realize how high you were. So as I was saying, once I gave a talk at UCLA, and I was sitting meditating, it was many years ago. And there was a large crowd there who had come to meditate with Rama. And I’m noted for colors and white lights, special effects. And there is just a tremendous amount of visible light around me when I meditate. So I got a kick out of it cause I was mingling with the crowd afterward. I did the meditation, I gave a talk on Enlightenment and Buddhism and then afterwards everyone was walking out. And sometimes I like to walk with the crowd, I just like to just be part of it, not necessarily be stand offish and go hide behind the curtain or anything. Sometimes I like to be stand offish. But, on that particular day, I felt like walking with the crowd and just walking around. So I ended up walking behind two women. And they were having a conversation. And it was interesting. Because they were talking what they had seen. And one of the women said to the other, “Oh, did you notice when he was surrounded by red light.” And she said, “I saw the red light, I saw the red light.” Then the other one said, “Oh, yes, then there was the gold light and then he just disappeared for a while. I couldn’t see anything, the room went gold.” She said, “Oh, Yea, I saw that. Did you see when everything went into reverse, everything kind of solarized.” And she said, “ Oh, Yea, I saw that.” And they chatted back and forth about what they had seen. And after they had this conversation, said, “Well, what are we going to do tomorrow night? Tomorrow night, let’s go to the opera.” And I was listened them converse and it was interesting because they were so high, they had no idea what they were saying. The things they were describing you would class as miracles to see someone manifest all the astral lights, to be surrounded by light and have so much light emanating from their body pulsing waves of gold light that you couldn’t even see anything else in the room. We would consider that a miracle. Again it’s the miracle of Enlightenment. And these gals were up so high, that they were talking about was an ordinary every day experience. They didn’t even realize what they were saying. Because the energy of Enlightenment had elevated their attention field so far, that they were in a world where that was a normalcy. Miracles were the norm. And that’s the world AI live in. I live in a world where there is nothing but the miraculous. There is nothing but continuous light. There’s nothing but continuous perfection. That’s the world of Enlightenment. Everything is subtle, everything has a million sides, everything is a manisfessation of God. Everything is light. All beings are infinite. All thing are perfect in their own way. That’s the greatest miracle. To see things in the light of eternity.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:26am On Feb 08
Fearless
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:37am On Feb 08
Worry less.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:57am On Feb 08
Touch God.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 4:15pm On Feb 08
Cemetaria
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08
Phat
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:34pm On Feb 08
Great.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:35pm On Feb 08
Inquisitiveness.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:38pm On Feb 08
Peaceful.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:38pm On Feb 08
Baton.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:42pm On Feb 08
Eater.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:42pm On Feb 08
Delight.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:43pm On Feb 08
Mighty.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:45pm On Feb 08
Big nose.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:45pm On Feb 08
Thunderbolt.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08
Woman.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:49pm On Feb 08
Wind.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:22pm On Feb 08
Water is the driving force of all nature.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:32am On Feb 09
The function of muscle is to pull and not to push, except in the case of the genitals and the tongue.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:33am On Feb 09
Om
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:33am On Feb 09
Phat
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:38am On Feb 09
The human bird shall take his first flight, filling the world with amazement, all writings with his fame, and bringing eternal glory to the nest whence he sprang.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:43am On Feb 09
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:48am On Feb 09
The natural desire of good men is knowledge.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:41am On Feb 10
THE RIVER OF LIFE

Imagine that you are sitting on the bank of a great river. The river is so wide that you cannot see across it. As you look into the distance, you can see nothing but a constant movement of water. The volume of water that is flowing through the river is incomprehensible. It is all the water that has ever existed or that will ever exist. As you watch the river flow, relax and let your life flow with it. Feel that the river is taking you back through everything you have ever known. If you look deeply into the river, you will be able to see all of the people, places, and things that you have experienced in your lifetime. Watch them pass by as you sit on the bank of the river of life. Listen to the sound of the river. You can hear its steady sound as it passes in front of you. It is the pulse of all life. Lose yourself in the sound of the river. Feel that you and the river are merging and becoming one. Allow yourself to flow along with the river of life and let it join you as it will with any elements it contains. Flow on endlessly with the river of life. Don’t try to direct your course. You are flowing on, protected by the strength and the guidance of the river. Relax and picture yourself endlessly flowing on with the river of existence... When you feel you have relaxed as much as you would like, visualize that you are again sitting on the bank of the river. You have been totally relaxed by your journey and now are ready to re-enter peacefully the flow of your own life.

-Rama
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:42am On Feb 10
Phat
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:41am On Feb 11
In meditation all the fake dull thoughts that you think, all the ridiculous philosophies, the necessities, all the things that won't matter a bit when you are dead - fade away.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (32) (Reply)

Will Only Hundred And Forty Four (144) Go To Heaven? / What Occupies The Minds Of Atheists 24/7 / The Water Spirit Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.