Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju (43218 Views)

NNPCL GMD And Acting CBN Governor Visit President Bola Tinubu In Ikoyi / Profile Of Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi: Acting CBN Governor / Osinbajo To Hope Uzodinma: You Didn’t Become Governor Because Of Smartness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by dondo83(m): 9:57am On Jun 10, 2023
He’s acting , to be retired in October! When you want to criticize do your findings
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by GUNITGuy: 9:57am On Jun 10, 2023
OriOko88:
And so what.?? The Yoruba control d financial sector of Nigeria. If not for d federal character,no tribe is more qualified to be in d helm of affairs than d Yorubas. We have many antecedents that confirrm that.
Yet would never be allowed to head stock exchange, min of finance, Security and exchange commission,
But only examination bodies like ican, acca, jamb, and waec even common entrance......we are not playing second fiddle too

1 Like

Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Myer(m): 9:58am On Jun 10, 2023
Onyiridike:

We don't have only one deputy governor in CBN who automatically assumes office if the governor is sacked.
We have four of them and Shonubi is the least qualified.

Ok thanks for the clarification.
However ideally Acting Governor goes to the Deputy Gov, Head of Operations who is Shonubi.

1 Like

Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Kukutenla: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2023
GUNITGuy:

So to you all obj appointment was only based on competency alone and not on rewarding faithful and loyal party members candidates.....You better wake up obj worked more with ibos that's why he ensured the Senate President never left them despite they were impeachment 5times in 8yrs ....
Obj is just like many typical Yorubas in fg they tend to be fair even if it would offend their own people but as soon as he left we know how others did theirs so Yorubaz loose out against their own still loose out to others tribes this have been going on for years without any uproar despite being majority ....Go to Ministries and see what's going on there you would thank God for them
I attended one of the fg schools in Lagos and I knew how the indigenes had to demand a quota whether their children were bright or not .....
You're totally ignorant of how OBJ ran his govt. In his first term, in a bid to ensure stability and prevent issues like coup, he worked with loyal party men and ex-military men like Anenih, Ciroma, TY Danjuma, Gusau etc.
But in his second term, in a bid to get debt forgiveness and FDI, he worked more with intellectuals and Nigerians in Diaspora. So quit the lies.
The Senate presidency was zoned to SE by PDP so it was theirs to keep no matter what happened to anyone occupying the office. Just as Speaker was NW to keep and Masari replaced Na'Abba and party chair was NC to keep which was why all the PDP chair under him were from NC.
FG schools are meant to admit throughout the federation not based on indigeneship. That's not the idea behind FG schools. I'm surprised you attended one yet you don't know this. You can go to FGC Sokoto and meet more Yorubas or Igbo. It has no bearing on anything.
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by fredoooooo: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2023
Na u sabi...go sack am , where were you during johnathan era when yoruba hold no tangible position in the country , e ti ya werey .
Who no like am can leave the country or better still kee yaself

2 Likes

Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:01am On Jun 10, 2023
amanda2013:
so what makes you think that the person you quoted is Igbo? He or she may even be a Yoruba, Hausa bu or tiv etc but you assumed he or she is Igbo because he criticized Tinubu? You are guilty of what you are accusing other people of doing.
bottom line is nothing tribal about tinubu or buhari appointment u guys should stop unnecessary criticism period
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

This dude is counting photographer. Maybe you can also count the maigaurd in Aso Villa.
Buhari's photographer was Yoruba yet everyone accused him of nepotism.
While I think it's too early to accuse Tinubu, the fact is he must depart from that nepotism style if he wants to rule a United country.
no photographer nobi work na those who accused PMB of tribalism were just myopic and foolish Nigeria has over 300 tribes ok... Adamu from kogi is different from adamu from katsina or benue or yobe... Incase u don't know Hausa Never rule Nigeria since Independence yet u don't see them shouting marginalization... But u guys always think north is one tribe and assume others should queue behind Yoruba Igbo...
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by richie240: 10:05am On Jun 10, 2023
jconsulting:

Continue wishing him to fail and you think you will progress, point one finger at someone the rest four is facing you.

God will continue to give Tinubu the wisdom and knowledge like he gave Solomon to drive the affairs if the country in the right path.
This unwarranted hive-minded mass hatred from dt region is one of d reasons Tinubu will not appoint ppl from dt region to key/sensitive positions. Not bcus he hates them, but their unpatriotism and disloyalty will most surely rub off on their work.

They had rather watch their duty fall just to pepper Tinubu. Shey na doze Kain ppl Tinubu go entrust vital positions to?

Make den dey play!
cool
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:05am On Jun 10, 2023
Offpoint1:

How does your comment relate with what I typed? You ended up with tribal line as I stated.
read it again and get the message...
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Minjim: 10:06am On Jun 10, 2023
Ezeama400:
They should fill all positions in Nigeria with Yoruba people.. Nice one..

Tinubu is setting his tribe against other tribes in Nigeria tomorrow..
It's a welcome development anyways..

I pity his kinsmen after Tinubu's disgraceful exit ..

Sensible Yoruba should speak out now to save yourselves the inevitable tomorrow..

STFU!
When Ironsi was Head of State , he filled every appointment with igbo people.
Gen did same. Once someone retires or was sacked, Buhari replaces the person with a Northerner.

As long as the person is competent , Tinubu should keep helping his own people too. Because when he leaves people will question him," what did he even do for his people?"

1 Like

Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by joeyswift(m): 10:07am On Jun 10, 2023
Ezeama400:

Sensible Yoruba should speak out now to save yourselves the inevitable tomorrow..
There is nothing to speak out. When buhari was appointing his northern brothers and sisters with impunity,everybody sat down and watched. Nobody has the monopoly of tribalism.For the record I am not yoruba. Buhari has set the pace for others to follow.

1 Like

Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by GUNITGuy: 10:08am On Jun 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

You're totally ignorant of how OBJ ran his govt. In his first term, in a bid to ensure stability and prevent issues like coup, he worked with loyal party men and ex-military men like Anenih, Ciroma, TY Danjuma, Gusau etc.
But in his second term, in a bid to get debt forgiveness and FDI, he worked more with intellectuals and Nigerians in Diaspora. So quit the lies.
The Senate presidency was zoned to SE by PDP so it was theirs to keep no matter what happened to anyone occupying the office. Just as Speaker was NW to keep and Masari replaced Na'Abba and party chair was NC to keep which was why all the PDP chair under him were from NC.
FG schools are meant to admit throughout the federation not based on indigeneship. That's not the idea behind FG schools. I'm surprised you attended one yet you don't know this. You can go to FGC Sokoto and meet more Yorubas or Igbo. It has no bearing on anything.
You're right any way .....I agree with you
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Okwyjesus(m): 10:11am On Jun 10, 2023
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by 1Dray(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Y'all gotta start trusting Tinubu's discretion.

Like you cajoled us to trust Buhari's discretion, we all know how it ended.

1 Like

Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by richie240: 10:14am On Jun 10, 2023
Obviously it's either u don't know d definition of 'peace' or u r a troll.

You want cold water, but you want it in a hot kettle.

Dey play!
cool
franchasofficia:
All we need from you in Southeast is security, peace.....release Nnamdi Kanu, stop Fulani herdsmen invasion of rural communities and share your appointments as you like, mostly to Yorubas, Hausa-Fulanis can go to hell!

Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by saintkel(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
Tinubu will continue making mistakes that will destroy him at the end, na like this pharaoh do before he was destroyed by his own foolishness. God can never be mocked.
I don't like Tinubu but if he goes about appointing southern person's whether Yoruba or Ijaw or Igbos, I am in support 100 percent.....d north has held us captive during Bubus tenure ....make Tinubu give all positions to d south too....infact it should be all Yorubas
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 10, 2023
Ezeama400:

How many sensible IBOS spoke about Jonathan appointments? It is on record that Obasanjo and Pa Edwin Clark fought openly and intensively and seriously about lopsided appointments under Jonathan to the extent that Pa Edwin Clark went on a paid advertisements on National Newspapers. Yet, despite omitting strategic MDAs in the paid advertisements, the lopsidedness were made barely opened.

Later, they said it Anyim Pius Anyim and the IBOS that made those appointments.

Give the breakdown of appointments under Obasanjo, Yaradua, Jonathan, Buhari and Tinubu.

The new governor can come from anywhere. Nothing stops Tinubu from appointing a competent person from South West. Obasanjo appointed Baba Sanusi as CBN governor and Baba Ciroma as Minister of Finance. Later, he brought Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala as Minister and Soludo as CBN governor.

You should give us a breakdown of appointments made by Jonathan let us see.

Each region has appointments quota. South West quota can be positioned in strategic positions for optimum delivery.

Jonathan appointed Eugene Juwah as NCC CEO, after one time, Buhari came and replaced him with Prof Umar Dambatta. Tomorrow, if a Yoruba man is appointed as the next NCC CEO fools will be shouting tribalism.
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Obagreatdatoye(m): 10:15am On Jun 10, 2023
Why is deji crying like pig now....what kind of nonsense is this
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by tnerro1(m): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2023
But when Buhari was appointing only his people, they said in was based on competence, Abeg tinubu should appoint all the heads of security and service chiefs from the south, na that one go sweet me pass
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Olumaeme: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2023
I don't understand. An Engineer can't be an economist?

I studied woodwork technology, I am working as a procurement advisor and transitioning to finance and economics. I am about finishing my PgD in accounting, will do MSc in Economics or Business Administration and do. PhD later in Economics or finance.
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by richie240: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2023
And emefiele is who? A Carpentar?
kelechiodo:
Deji is absolutely right. We need economist to occupy that position even in acting capacity. Appointing a mechanical engineer whose role has been restricted to ICT department of every bank he worked with is absolutely nonsense. Tribalism promax is loading.
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by MT: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2023
Ezeama400:

Are you this docile?

Sometimes, you need to subject criticism to deep critical thinking before taking a position.
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by 9jaRealist: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2023
While if Buhari had made a similar appointment of his ethnic kinsman, many defending this appointment would lead/join the charge of “tribalism”, I could care less about this dude’s ethnicity. Howe, let’s engage in SERIOUS, FRANK AND HONEST DISCOURSE.

First, the dude was NOT “next in line” to the ousted (or suspended) CBN Governor, and thus all of the “next in line” argument, as if the dude is merely an administrative placeholder, is frankly BS! There are at least 2 other Deputy Governors AHEAD of this dude (including 1 who often represents the CBN in the absence of the Governor), and thus it is rational to assume that this dude was appointed for more than just administrative continuity. Of course, what those other reasons may be is anyone’s guess here on NL, but in the absence of such information we cannot really blame those who choose to speculate (particularly based on the Buhari and general Nigerian antecedents and experience).

Perhaps more importantly, when one sees statements such as (and pardon any paraphrases) “the man is qualified” or ”he’s the right man for the job” or “he’s has an MBA and 30 years experience of working in banks”, one is frankly left bemused. First, NOT EVERYONE WHO WORKS/WORKED IN A BANK IS A “BANKER”! And, in this particular case, apart from arguably a couple of years very early in his career in “Treasury Operations” (which could well mean merely managing platforms) about 30 years ago (ending in 1993), this dude has been in IT virtually throughout his ENTIRE employment in various banks! Even the NIBSS, where he was MD/CEO prior to joining the CBN, is merely a settlement platform (NOT core banking).

Accordingly, the question would be what exactly is this dude purportedly “well qualified” for? At first blush, and quite frankly by any rational metrics, it would be a hard sell to posit that he is “well qualified” or “eminently qualified” (as some others have proclaimed) to be a central bank governor - and to be honest, I didn’t think Mr. Emefiele was “eminently” qualified either nor as it turned out a particularly good central bank governor. Nevertheless, since this is supposedly merely an INTERIM appointment, let’s just hope that the dude would not do anything disastrous, pending the appointment of a substantive CBN Governor who (as some others have proffered on this thread) should ideally have an Economics background or grounding.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL…
The appointment of a CBN Governor is not one to be handled as if a civil service appointment (or worse, patronage).
>
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by FireUpNow(m): 10:18am On Jun 10, 2023
If he likes let him appoint Yorubas in all aspect provided they perform well.e nor concern me
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Tchinaidi(m): 10:19am On Jun 10, 2023
Tinubu with his appointments has shown He is Yoruba Tribal irredentist,an ethnic jingoist with his recent appointment.We have always known that this man will be bias and will not in way appoint competent hands to run this country.Honestly we have a long way to go in achieving the greatest we do desire for this country.What a crying Shame!
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by emu22(m): 10:20am On Jun 10, 2023
Deji,you just criticizing for criticizing sake'how can you be talking about tribalism on an appointment that is only temporary! Perhaps the President knows the people he wants to work with,so if a Yoruba man is capable and competent he shouldn't get the appointment because of fear of being criticized?Competence and capacity over every other consideration ooo.
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by 9jaRealist: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2023
FireUpNow:
If he likes let him appoint Yorubas in all aspect provided they perform well.e nor concern me

Given that Tinubu is actually the President of Nigeria, and not the Kabiyesi of Yorubaland…
It would be much better if he appointed non-Yorubas as well and they perform well - or even better!

>
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Kukutenla: 10:24am On Jun 10, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
no photographer nobi work na those who accused PMB of tribalism were just myopic and foolish Nigeria has over 300 tribes ok... Adamu from kogi is different from adamu from katsina or benue or yobe... Incase u don't know Hausa Never rule Nigeria since Independence yet u don't see them shouting marginalization... But u guys always think north is one tribe and assume others should queue behind Yoruba Igbo...
So you mean the President must appoint from all the tribes or what? I thought our politics is North vs South. So what's so this talk of different Adamus. What tribe was Murtala Muhammed? Hausa and Fulani see themselves as one. So you don't expect much noise from them. Just as Igbo saw Goodluck as one of them.
One North is a political term that exists and is virile as we saw with buhari's reign. Or did you see any part of the North complain if marginalisation even though most of his appointments were from North West and North East?
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by funshint(m): 10:27am On Jun 10, 2023
Thought this one has sense. Despite the nepotism exhibited by Buhari you'll never hear a northerner say something like this even if they are not in good terms. Yorubas are their own worst enemies.
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Oneeyesunday: 10:28am On Jun 10, 2023
Mechanical engineer in central Bank? Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Shonubi Was Appointed Acting CBN Governor Because He Is Yoruba - Deji Adeyanju by Kukutenla: 10:28am On Jun 10, 2023
Olumaeme:
I don't understand. An Engineer can't be an economist?

I studied woodwork technology, I am working as a procurement advisor and transitioning to finance and economics. I am about finishing my PgD in accounting, will do MSc in Economics or Business Administration and do. PhD later in Economics or finance.

Dey play

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Visits Osun-Osogbo Sacred Grove In Oshogbo (Photos) / FG Files Fresh Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu / I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.