Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,670 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? (1415 Views)

5-year-old Boy Reveals His Past Life As A Black Woman Who Died 30 years Ago / Life As An Albino (my Experience) / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? by barikay: 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2023
What you are asking for can not be giving by man, in fact every man is looking for it. There is hope, what you are hoping for can only be giving by Jesus Christ, the saviour of the world. Give your life to him and join us every Sunday here www. Smhos.org. since I found him. I have joy and peace
Re: How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:23am On Aug 30, 2023
@SeaTrade

Couple with great suggestions here as I'll add.

First fulfilment remains the basic pursuit of life and this boils down to something we want done, a pain we don't want to see or a solution we know will make the world a better place even if we don't benefit from it.

Places to look in: do you need to scale up your business and bring it into bigger leagues, most times when you've reached the apex of something, the thrill goes down, also when the zeal is not there it could be a pointer to a greater cause waiting for you to search it out.

For me, being in the manufacturing space gave me fulfilment some time ago, but again I reached the apex and wasn't finding fulfilment, ventured into oil and gas, and I'm loving the new experiences, at the end of all this, what I want to bring is a targeted solution towards energy crises, defense gadgets and space exploration. In all my pursuit I've discovered these three is what will make me fulfilled even if I have nothing to my name.

You just have to find that one thing, I'll advise you look up the guy called Dan Lok, especially how he transformed after he came to a point when he felt empty and wanted meaning out of life. The answer always comes from the unseen, then you'll be guided to a book or a mentor.

The danger of not finding your path to fulfilment will make you end up empty, feeling unfulfilled even though with great wealth around. Either up your current business (by going for a course on how to scale up) or you search out why you are here and principally who you are.(this one will involve interaction with God, you know what to do here.) And then begin to work it out.
Re: How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? by Nobody: 4:18am On Aug 30, 2023
Begin to study stoic philosophy. Its helped me a lot to find understanding, meaning and inner peace.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? by demanuel(m): 10:19am On Aug 31, 2023
Skyview01:
Begin to study stoic philosophy. Its helped me a lot to find understanding, meaning and inner peace.
Please Can you suggest your top 5 books in this area? Thanks
Re: How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 31, 2023
Stay where u belong and get away from where u doesn't belong will get u PEACE smiley
Re: How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? by ChiefOkporghe: 7:32am On Jan 28
Proserpina:
To be honest, I don't blame you for feeling this way. As a matter of fact I'm glad to read this from a guy, it shows my mediation wasn't amiss. Sometime last week I thought on the life of an average Nigerian Man and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I'm not a guy, I know so I may be wrong in some things but seeing this thread shows I am on the right path with some of the things I came up with.

The average Nigerian man is what I would describe as a snake on a hill, a shadow of himself, a body without a head. These words may be harsh but it is what it is. If you have better words I'm open to them. Take away family, wife or children from him then you leave him a naked man. A being with no direction and impact. Africans are big on family, culture and religion so they nurture, mould and raise their young ones around these things, this is not a crime but the problem is taking away the essence of one's life to suit the existence of other lives.

A typical male child in Nigerian is raised to tend to others, he is guided to choose is career path for others, he gets a job to provide for others, his enjoyment comes from paying or taking more responsibility for others to make him happy. He is practically raised for those around him then you ask if he is fulfilled. The truth is He doesn't know what fulfilment is without validation of others and that isn't Fulfillment. When God made all things, his fulfillment didn't come from the hails or cries of his creations but from his inner satisfaction of him achieving things he wanted to do.

First question to you op, aside what society expect of you have you achieved that one thing you want? If no, then you have your first step to fulfilment.

Life goes beyond hustling, making money, having twelve wives and 1000 sidechicks. Our society makes it seem like having money is all to life but it isn't. "The goal isn't to live forever but to create that which will" my favorite quote that year. Lol I always smile when people say enjoy life once you die people will forget you. No that will only be true if you die the average Nigerian person, if you don't you will be remembered forever. The likes of Darwin, Faraday, Mayo, Aristole etc are still mentioned today even though they are long gone.

My second question to you Op : What is your purpose on earth? What do you want to be remembered for?

Peace comes not from the east, north , south or west but from your inner self. One of the things that disrupt human peace is lack of contentment. Do you give yourself some accolades or you keep pushing yourself? . A former employer once told me, "Nigerians rush a lot but they are not moving" . Around the clock the average Nigerian is on about patching his or her life, sadly only a restful mind can think about making his or her life better. When your pain is more than your gain you end up feeling cheated, lost and drain. Only you can give retain your peace by the choices you make.
My last question: What do you choose peace or chaos?

Re: How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? by akaahs(m): 5:37pm On Jan 28
Ibechris2:
If u are not okay yet,get a ministry job and see what it means to be monotonous.

I tell u ....
Re: How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? by ChiefOkporghe: 12:57pm On Feb 23
pansophist:
If you're lucky, you'll start experiencing the difficulties that is intrinsic to life from 20 upwards, and by being lucky, I'm assuming your parents were your shield against the brutality of the outside world.

If you're unlucky and have to suffer from a child, the world will pretty much to you, be a jungle. A place of strength to oppress the weak, no empathy, and cut throat survival.

You're feeling void not because it's a new phenomena, but because you've been sheltered away from it. The world have always been like this. It's meaningless until you give it a meaning yourself.

At the very basic, fast forward maybe 20years ago (assuming you're 21), you're a sperm waiting to loaded in your moms womb. This is not to offend, but you have to accept that you're nothing. There is nothing special about you.

Billions of ejaculations annually would have produced billions of people, but they were all flushed off, with a hot spank on the woman's arse thanking her for making him come. That's a human being flushed off like it's nothing.

But to fill in that void, the answer have always been the same. And it's to find something that will make all the struggles, disappointment, depression, poverty, rejection etc worth it. There should be something more to your existence.

There is this place in the Bible where the Devil went to tempt Jesus when he was fasting on the mountain. The devil promised Jesus the whole world if Jesus will bow to him. And Jesus response is where your answer lies.

He said, "man shall not live by bread alone". Jesus's answer shows that fleshy desires should not be what you're living for only. When you live for something bigger, fleshy desires will not tempt you, and life's problem would just be ignored just like you ignored the dog barking.

Where the issue is for most people is to find that thing that awakens them, makes them feel alive everyday, and return back to their childhood, where everyday is an adventure, and they are filled with energy to discover the day.

It is only those that don't have money thinks money is the answer. Money is like a car, those that have it can reach their destination faster and those who don't will have to crawl, but money is not a purpose.

Purpose is something unique to you, that can't be replicated, and even the wealthy cant buy it. I mean, Dangote is richer than Usain Bolt, but he can never buy Bolt's record of being the fastest man. That's purpose. Bolt trained for over 20 years to break that record.

So purpose have a price tag. And your inability to pay it will keep the void open, and deeper, and you'll become sad as times goes by. Also, purpose is not something the world have to recognise. It's uniquely you.

Sometimes I'll see this gospel preachers as early as 5am, preaching about God, to them, that's a purpose and it keeps them alive that they are winning souls for God. You might think they are mad, but it doesn't have to make sense to you.

Having said that, the antidote is in you. You have to find it. You're both your own oppresor, and your own liberator. If you face this void and pursue a purposeful life even if hard, you'll liberate yourself. If not, well, enjoy the slow ride to hell.
Re: How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? by tosinhtml: 6:00pm On Feb 23
Proserpina:
To be honest, I don't blame you for feeling this way. As a matter of fact I'm glad to read this from a guy, it shows my mediation wasn't amiss. Sometime last week I thought on the life of an average Nigerian Man and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I'm not a guy, I know so I may be wrong in some things but seeing this thread shows I am on the right path with some of the things I came up with.

The average Nigerian man is what I would describe as a snake on a hill, a shadow of himself, a body without a head. These words may be harsh but it is what it is. If you have better words I'm open to them. Take away family, wife or children from him then you leave him a naked man. A being with no direction and impact. Africans are big on family, culture and religion so they nurture, mould and raise their young ones around these things, this is not a crime but the problem is taking away the essence of one's life to suit the existence of other lives.

A typical male child in Nigerian is raised to tend to others, he is guided to choose is career path for others, he gets a job to provide for others, his enjoyment comes from paying or taking more responsibility for others to make him happy. He is practically raised for those around him then you ask if he is fulfilled. The truth is He doesn't know what fulfilment is without validation of others and that isn't Fulfillment. When God made all things, his fulfillment didn't come from the hails or cries of his creations but from his inner satisfaction of him achieving things he wanted to do.

First question to you op, aside what society expect of you have you achieved that one thing you want? If no, then you have your first step to fulfilment.

Life goes beyond hustling, making money, having twelve wives and 1000 sidechicks. Our society makes it seem like having money is all to life but it isn't. "The goal isn't to live forever but to create that which will" my favorite quote that year. Lol I always smile when people say enjoy life once you die people will forget you. No that will only be true if you die the average Nigerian person, if you don't you will be remembered forever. The likes of Darwin, Faraday, Mayo, Aristole etc are still mentioned today even though they are long gone.

My second question to you Op : What is your purpose on earth? What do you want to be remembered for?

Peace comes not from the east, north , south or west but from your inner self. One of the things that disrupt human peace is lack of contentment. Do you give yourself some accolades or you keep pushing yourself? . A former employer once told me, "Nigerians rush a lot but they are not moving" . Around the clock the average Nigerian is on about patching his or her life, sadly only a restful mind can think about making his or her life better. When your pain is more than your gain you end up feeling cheated, lost and drain. Only you can give retain your peace by the choices you make.
My last question: What do you choose peace or chaos?

God bless you for this post.

Reading your post and I agree with every analysis you made.
Comparing my Nigerian experience to living in other African countries, I can tell you the difference is super clear. Whatsoever life we think we live in Nigeria is not worth it at all.

The worse part of the conversation is Nigerian men boast of what they are victims of.
I left the country for a year during my teenage years and believe me, my mentality turned around. Suddenly everything I thought was normal was so weird.

Our society makes it seem like having money is all to life, Nigerians worship money so much, I hate it.
In Nigeria, for people to respect your wisdom they need to see monetary proof.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Bought Soured Meat Pie From A Notable Eatery Today Pics. / What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. / My Wife Against My Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.