Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

So Much Fuss About Nothing - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So Much Fuss About Nothing (10389 Views)

Why The Fuss About Pocohantas Give Away? / Hmmmm! She Got Angry And Made A Fuss About FB Comment On Her Bf's Pix / "What's The Fuss About Money?" - Korra Obidi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by rawfacts2023: 2:24am On Oct 10, 2023
😄
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by ThrillPlus: 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2023
CasNova:

Yes, what about it? Is sex love? If sex is love, why did I reject Eniola.

I jumped up to my feet. "Bimpe , wait." She stopped to turn around.

"There's something I must tell too." She waited, staring at me. "Listen. I don't care about whatever may be the inadequacies. I love you and I love everything about you." There was a sparkle in her eyes as she gave me the warmest and longest embrace I had ever had.

Bimpe was with me till some minutes past seven in the evening. As we chatted, we held hands like lovers. It did not take me long to realize that I must be crazy for her to be so complacent with chatting with her and holding hands. I accompanied her to the bus stop and bade her goodnight.

She had indeed made my day. I slept that night and dreamt about Bimpe and Eniola. Eniola and her friends were jeering at Bimpe . They said she did not have what a man needed in a woman. Bimpe just sat down, looking forlorn, embarrassed and dejected. I appeared on the scene and made for her.

"You can't have her," Eniola said.

"Why not?" I demanded.

"Can't you see that she's more of a guy? Can't you see her flat chest?"

"She's the one I've chosen," I retorted. "She's my love and that's final."

I left the scene, holding Bimpe 's hand. On Monday morning, I woke early to prepare. Monday traffic in Lagos was always hectic. I was at work by few minutes to eight. I decided to call my darling Bimpe . We exchanged pleasantries. She was at her place of work too and was preparing to start the work of the day.

I soon immersed myself in work. By noon, the office assistant came to inform me that the P.M would like to see me. P.M stood for Programme Manager and was our section head. Immediately, I went to the office. She motioned to a seat as soon as I entered the office and greeted her.

Ms. Pamela Ogbon was the P.M. She should be in her 40s . She was a thorough and efficient woman. I admired her for those attributes. "Since you joined this firm, we've noted your dedication to work," she said. "I want to say you should keep it up." I nodded. "Thank you, madam."

So Much Fuss About Nothing: https://store.okadabooks.com/book/about/so-much-fuss-about-nothing/53199

1 Like

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by CasNova: 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2023
I admired her for those attributes. "Since you joined this firm, we've noted your dedication to work," she said. "I want to say you should keep it up." I nodded. "Thank you, madam."

"We reward diligence and dedication. This is to let you know that your reward will come in due course.

" I was elated. There's no one who does not like commendation.

"Thank you, madam," I said again. I made to stand up. "One more thing, Desire Bankole ."

I sat down again and looked at her expectantly. She removed her glasses and looked at me the way a doctor who was trying to figure out something about a patient would do. "This other thing is personal," she started. She looked as if she was still trying to figure out something. "Look, I'll be direct and straight forward. Desire, I like you."

For some seconds, there was pin-drop silence. Then, I put on a grin.
"I like you too, madam," I said. "Since I came to work, I've seen you display so much energy and zeal at work. I like and admire that."

I would have continued, but she put her index finger on her lips to hush me.

"Get this clear, Desire, I'm not talking about work. I'm talking about emotion. I'm talking about the way a lady likes a guy."

Now, I was shocked. It was not that I did not see it coming, but I was shocked by the way she said it so brazenly. How could a woman tell a guy such a thing? She should be in her early forties while I was just twenty-five! Maybe I was a prude, but I felt this was not appropriate. I however knew I could not voice out all these.

I had to be discreet.

"But, I'm only a young man," I said. "You are my boss and like an aunt to me."

I was surprised at her next reaction. She stared hard at me and burst out laughing. Was that funny?

"Look, stop this joke or this pretence. You look sophisticated, so you know what I'm taking about. Many young men like you will jump at this offer. I know your type, so stop pretending."

That was where she was wrong: I do not do things because others are doing them. I am self-willed. I do things out of conviction. Anyway, as far as the matter was concerned, there was nothing to jump at in this.

1 Like

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by ThrillPlus: 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
Women!
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Desire4life: 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2023
Nice one.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Saturn101: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2023
Cool.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Awesome05: 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2023
Next.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by ThrillPlus: 11:31am On Oct 19, 2023
Cool.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Saturn101: 7:38am On Oct 20, 2023
Go on.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by CasNova: 10:42am On Oct 21, 2023
Anyway, as far as the matter was concerned, there was nothing to jump at in this.

Ms. Pamela obviously made a wrong choice. But you can't tell your female boss she's wrong on a matter like this. You just have to be discreet about it.

"I find it hard to believe what you're saying, madam." I said.

"There's nothing hard or difficult about it. This kind of thing happens. The relationship I seek with you has no strings attached. I'm a single mother with a teenage daughter. I have my life to live and you have yours. We'll only be discreet about this. Is that arrangement not good enough?"

I could hardly believe my boss was the one saying all these.

An hour ago, I would never have believed she could utter a word like this. I remembered Bimpe . I loved her and would always do. No matter what, she would always remain the love of my life. As for Ms. Pamela, I would pretend to play along. I looked at her and smiled.

"It's okay, madam," I said. "I'm all for you."

She smiled expansively. "That's the spirit. That's how to be a man. Now, give me your Whatsapp number. We'll chat later."

I gave her the number and left her office.

1 Like

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by ThrillPlus: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2023
Nice update
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Saturn101: 7:40am On Oct 23, 2023
Cool.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by ThrillPlus: 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
Cool
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by BigBasher: 12:17am On Oct 26, 2023
Go on.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by BigBasher: 12:20am On Oct 26, 2023
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by CasNova: 11:06am On Oct 27, 2023
She smiled expansively. "That's the spirit. That's how to be a man. Now, give me your Whatsapp number. We'll chat later."

I gave her the number and left her office.

Hours later at home, I still had doubts about the intents and seriousness of Ms. Pamela. She was probably teasing me, part of my mind said. I guessed she should not be less than forty-four. What would a woman of that age have to do with a twenty-five years old guy? The age difference was much, and it was the woman that was the older!

In some romance stories, I read about some guys falling in love with older women and I often wondered how realistic that could be. I shook my head. Realistic or not, I already had my love. I thought of calling Bimpe again. As I picked my phone, I saw the indicator that I had some Whatsapp messages. One was from Bimpe while the other was from Ms. Pamela. I decided to read Bimpe 's own first. Hello, honey. How was your day at work? Do you miss me? I grinned as I texted my reply: Work was fine. Sure, I miss you. Then, I read Ms. Pamela's message: Call me. I read the message again and wondered why she wanted me to call her. I shrugged. and called her number.

"Good evening, madam," I started.

"Point of correction. When you call me at a time like this, drop the madam stuff."

"Okay, ma-. I mean, okay."

She laughed briefly across the line. "Anyway, you'll ge used to it. How are your lover boy?"

I grimaced slightly. "I'm fine. What about you?"

"Can't say I'm fine. I'm thinking about you."

I shook my head. This woman does not have shame, I thought. "I'm thinking about you too."

1 Like

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Awesome05: 8:12am On Oct 29, 2023
Nice one.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Awesome05: 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2023
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by CasNova: 9:40am On Nov 01, 2023
I shook my head. This woman does not have shame, I thought. "I'm thinking about you too."

"Good to hear that. Hey, why don’t you come over to my place?"

What? My heart started beating fast. "I stay at Maryland. That's not far from Ketu."

That was true, but going to her place? Oh my God! "I'm sorry that will not be possible. Em ... I took some suya and the thing has given me running stomach. I've been stool ling for the past one hour," I lied.

"Oh, oh." She sounded disappointed. "I guess by tomorrow, then. Alright, take care of yourself and good night."

"Thank you and goodnight."

The call was terminated. I sighed in temporary relief. Now, all the doubts about the intentions of Ms. Pamela were laid to rest. I could have given her a trial, but that would seriously hurt my relationship with Bimpe . In any case, if I had a choice and were to choose between the two, I would never pick Ms. Pamela. In a surprise move, I went down on my knees and prayed to God to remove Ms. Pamela as an obstacle that must be dealt with. I hardly prayed, but for a moment like this, the urge was spontaneous. I slept that night with the belief that my prayer would be answered. The following morning was busy in the office.

Ms. Pamela only made a brief appearance and then left. It was later in the afternoon that I heard she had been transferred to the Ibadan office and she was to report there that day. That was amazing.

Was it a coincidence that the transfer came that very morning, or was it that my prayer was answered? I believed it was the latter. In any case, whatever it was, the good thing was that Ms. Pamela was out of the way, at least for now.

1 Like

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Awesome05: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2023
Cool update.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Awesome05: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2023
Next please.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by CasNova: 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2023
In any case, whatever it was, the good thing was that Ms. Pamela was out of the way, at least for now.

By midday, I decided to put a call across to my dear Bimpe . I had not heard or received a message from her since morning, and I longed to hear her voice. Her phone rang on and on without being picked. She must be very busy, I reasoned.

Bank job usually makes one to be busy. About ten minutes later, I called her again. This time around, she picked it.

"Hello, sweetheart, how are you?" I asked, glad that I would be hearing her voice.

"Hello," she replied. Her voice sounded aloof and distance.

"What is the problem?" I quickly put in. "Anything the matter?"

There was a brief silence. "No, no problem. It's just that we need to talk."

"To talk? You mean right away?"

Her response was instance. "No, not right away. Can we meet at the Palm Groove bus stop by five p.m? Let's meet at the BRT shed."

I sighed. This must be quite serious. "Okay, okay," I said into the phone, but she had already cut the line.

What could she want to tell me? Why couldn't she tell me now? Why did I have to wait till five p.m and why at the Bus Stop? I tried to concentrate on my work, but was distracted. On closing time, I quickly went to the bus Stop to meet her. I had to wait for a while before she came around.

1 Like

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Ultimaximum: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
cheesy
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by ThrillPlus: 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
Interesting.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by Saturn101: 7:33am On Nov 10, 2023
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by CasNova: 9:23am On Nov 11, 2023
On closing time, I quickly went to the bus Stop to meet her. I had to wait for a while before she came around.

When she finally surfaced, she took me to a side where there was light crowd.

“Desire, I’m sorry to disappoint you, but this relationship cannot go on,” she started. “This is goodbye. Don't ask me why. Get yourself another lady. Best of luck. Goodbye, Desire."

With that, she turned and walked away. I was supposed to hold her back. I was supposed to demand for why she took such a heartless decision, but I was too stupefied to make a move. It was as if the whole world had crashed on me.

I couldn't help sobbing when I finally got home. You can call me a simp if you like. For the first time in my life, I was heart-broken. I thought all these could be a prank or something. Unfortunately, it was not. What an anti-climax the short affair turned out to be. A terrible one, at that. Till today, Bimpe remained out of life.

II

Some months after my unpleasant experience with Bimpe , I decided to move on with life. I left working for the consultancy firm. Over the months and years, I had become adept at computer software development. Now, I work mostly off- and online, so I work at home.

My work had given me some financial leverage. Now, I could afford to rent a two-bedroom flat at Ikorodu and drive a Toyota Corolla. I love the good things of life. Last week, a new lady packed into the flat next to mine. She was a fair looking lady with a pretty face.

1 Like

Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by BigBasher: 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2023
Nice update
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by ThrillPlus: 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
Ride on.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by BigBasher: 7:45am On Nov 14, 2023
Go on.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by ThrillPlus: 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2023
Next please.
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by CasNova: 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2023
Last week, a new lady packed into the flat next to mine. She was a fair looking lady with a pretty face.

When she had first moved in, she had introduced herself as Cynthia. She should be in her thirties. Pretty and desirable, or not, I was not interested in Cynthia. She had moved in with a much younger lady whose name I was yet to know.

The young lady was even fairer, and more beautiful. She was particularly busty, and to me, that made her more desirable. It was Cynthia's sister I was interested in. By Wednesday, the following week after they had moved in, I noticed the pattern of leaving early to work in the morning while her sister would remain in the house.

Sometimes, I could hear music coming from the flat. I finally decided that I should try to chat up Cynthia's sister. It was getting to noon that Wednesday before I made the move. She was playing a popular Kizz Daniel's song when I pressed the bell.

I waited for some seconds, then pressed again. The volume of music was reduced. "Yes, who's at the door?" she called out from within. Her voice sounded as melodious as the music she was playing.

"It's me, Desire, your neighbour," I answered.

"Who?" she asked.

"Desire," I repeated. "I am your next door neighbour."

Some seconds ticked by before she cautiously opened the door. I gave what I believed was a charming smile. "I'm Desire, your next door neighbour," I repeated.

"Can I meet with you?" she smiled too. "I'm Amanda."

My smile was still on. "Oh, Amanda, what a beautiful name. If you don't mind, can I have your number?"

There was no dissent. I handed my phone to her. I was sure she would be impressed by the fact that I was using a very expensive phone. She put her number and returned my phone.

"Ok. Thanks, I'll be calling you."
Re: So Much Fuss About Nothing by goodness4ever(m): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2023
Nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

End Of Time; Gay Couple Got Stuck While Having Sex / The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside / Girls Whats The Meaning Of Wearing Necklace On Your Leg Is It Fashion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.