Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up (21912 Views)

Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria / The Plight Of Kids In The Midst Of Divorce And Separation / Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by savcy(m): 10:47am On Jun 13, 2023
A terribly juvenile take on this infinitely broad topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Akaujaa(m): 10:48am On Jun 13, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!!

there are more divorces today simply because...
A) its easy to get divorced today, compared to back in the days. in the past most of these women were jobless and couldnt divorce their husbands, but today, most women are gainfully employed and can manage to be on their own.
B) people marry for the wrong reasons, thanks to African culture/society....aka marriage because of RELIGIOUS/SOCIAL/FAMILY/PEER PRESSURE!
C) because lots of people have NO CLUE how hard it is to stay happily married. marriage aint a game and sadly, many only figure that out when its too late
D) because people are lazy!!!! so many were pretending to be who they were not (before marriage), in order to catch the right partner....and now that they are married, they dont need to pretend any longer,thats when their partner will discover the real character of their spouse. and sometimes it aint that great
E) what do you expect when you have so many women out there that are so FAKE (fake hair, fake foundation, fake eyelashes, fake nails, fake push up bras, fake padded underwear, fake accent, fake education, fake background etc)? some men only discover the true face of their partner after marriage, and it aint that great
F) so many women enter marriage as slim sexy princesses, and within 2/3 years (or kids) they end up looking like a baby whale version of shrek, and you wonder why so many men aint repulse by their wives?!
G) many people today marry SOLELY for money, and when a man with MORE money comes along and/or their spouse loses their money, then the marriage will rightfully be over.

Your points are very correct.
Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by DrAda(f): 10:49am On Jun 13, 2023
The causal relationship mentioned is weak, an anecdotal evidence at best.

No formal investigation was conducted to substantiate the writer's claims neither were potential confounders considered like some nairalanders have already opined.

It's akin to saying that money brings good health without consideration for other factors such as healthy lifestyle, genetic diseases etc

1 Like

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Dada4me: 10:49am On Jun 13, 2023
That is for a marriage that's without Christ.

My parents were divorced before I was 3 years old. There was a time I did not know who my mother really was.

My marriage was 10 earlier this year and we're getting stronger and closer by the day, all thanks to Jesus who is the foundation of our union.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 13, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!!

there are more divorces today simply because...
A) its easy to get divorced today, compared to back in the days. in the past most of these women were jobless and couldnt divorce their husbands, but today, most women are gainfully employed and can manage to be on their own.
B) people marry for the wrong reasons, thanks to African culture/society....aka marriage because of RELIGIOUS/SOCIAL/FAMILY/PEER PRESSURE!
C) because lots of people have NO CLUE how hard it is to stay happily married. marriage aint a game and sadly, many only figure that out when its too late
D) because people are lazy!!!! so many were pretending to be who they were not (before marriage), in order to catch the right partner....and now that they are married, they dont need to pretend any longer,thats when their partner will discover the real character of their spouse. and sometimes it aint that great
E) what do you expect when you have so many women out there that are so FAKE (fake hair, fake foundation, fake eyelashes, fake nails, fake push up bras, fake padded underwear, fake accent, fake education, fake background etc)? some men only discover the true face of their partner after marriage, and it aint that great
F) so many women enter marriage as slim sexy princesses, and within 2/3 years (or kids) they end up looking like a baby whale version of shrek, and you wonder why so many men aint repulse by their wives?!
G) many people today marry SOLELY for money, and when a man with MORE money comes along and/or their spouse loses their money, then the marriage will rightfully be over.

Co sign✍
Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by lomprico(m): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2023
It's because of social media

1 Like

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Major001(m): 10:52am On Jun 13, 2023
Currently $0.99.

Single, dating or married?
GETTING THE MARRIAGE YOU WANT has the potential to turn around your relationships and set you on the solid path to having a blissful marriage!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZJ9QX15

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 13, 2023
Dada4me:
That is for a marriage that's without Christ.

My parents were divorced before I was 3 years old. There was a time I did not know who my mother really was.

My marriage was 10 earlier this year and we're getting stronger and closer by the day, all thanks to Jesus who is the foundation of our union.

Christ is a good factor...but he wouldn't do the work for the husband and wife..they have their parts to play in keeping the marriage..there are some families both husband and wife are pastors and they gave up on the marriage tells you that marriage is no walk in the park...there are a lot of sacrifices and compromises to be made

1 Like

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Adabestseason(m): 10:52am On Jun 13, 2023
Divorce is devastating,so much of compounded interest a major problem,fake life style
Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Confirm4real(m): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2023
Ignoring red flags is the major causes of divorce.

Your wife to be can't do without eating out, then you think she would turn to chef when you probably get married.

OR

She's always demanding when she get little hint of any credit alert, then you think she would change when you get married.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Grupo(m): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2023
Money issues remain the number one cause of divorce and relationship issues all over the world.

It has nothing to do with history of parental divorce.

And as world economies collapse more and hardship bites more all over the world, divorce rates will keep soaring.

9 Likes

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by fatimaoke(f): 10:55am On Jun 13, 2023
Foundational problems affecting marriages today. God please help us.
Media145:

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Dunionk30: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2023
Simply Because the Couple Failed to Spiritualy Investigate there Partner before they went Ahead.

The Whole Secrets would be Revealed, They would be advised to go ahead OR not.

Some Relationships does not even have to be at all.
The Spiritual Controls the Physical.

Many People like to Chase the Shadows, Why because they are Ignorant, they rather Prefer to Make Noises about the Consequences ,but failed to talk about Precautions.

Same People would Go against Spiritual Investigation, same People would keep Talking about Why why and why Divorce.

Definitely there must be a reason why a Man or Woman wants to Marry but the Reason must be Justified and not that of Destruction.

A Gold Digger Man who Decided to Marry a Woman from a Rich and Wealthy Home would definitely be Exposed Spiritually.

A Man Who Went Ahead to Marry a Lady because She knows how to make love so well would be Exposed.

A Lady that does not truly love her Man but decided to tie the knot just because the Man is soooo Rich and Wealthy would be Exposed.

A Lady that wanted to Marry a Man so after one Child decided to Get to Court ,Divorce him so he could lay claim to his Property Share would be Exposed Spiritually.

A Man with the Spiritual Elements of Fire shouldn't go near a Woman with Spiritual elements of Water.. If they do, The Man must Pray well to Attain Greatness in Life.

Some Marriages no matter the storm, they would survive because spiritually they are Compatible.

Many Couples are not Spiritually Compatible, No matter the Patients, Understanding they share, Sorry it would not last.

Know your Partner Spiritually.

Investigate Her or him Spiritually.

Love is Never Enough to go on Matrimonial Trip it's long time One..

May Almighty God help Us All

1 Like

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by criuze(m): 10:56am On Jun 13, 2023
Buhari is part of it

Let's check divorce rate now there's change of government

Buhari government run excruciating drills on people's mental health

1 Like

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Angelfrost(m): 10:57am On Jun 13, 2023
Op, quit overthinking simple things!

Divorce is high because people who should be single are getting married out of peer, parental and societal pressure!

Marriage requires serious effort, commitment, compromise, and sacrifice!

This is not what everyone is willing to do especially in today's generation of "Wokeness"!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by forerunner022(m): 11:01am On Jun 13, 2023
Media145:

To suggest that divorce is now a contagious issue by reason of bloodline connection in this 21st century is the most unreasonable assertion I have ever heard in recent times. Laughable.

1 Like

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Ferdinandu(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2023
taylor89:
Your parents living together till death isn’t a yardstick for good marriage

The reason for divorce and bad marriages of today na material things

You used your C300 Benz of 12million to snatch a hustling guys babe and tomorrow you’ll expect her to be faithful when a man who divers 2022 Lexus LX600 of 80 million

Another reason is too much of sexual expectations in marriages

Man would dump his organic wife at the sight of a big ass BBL lady

Woman will dump her organic man looking for a billionaire with 6 packs that has cucumber penis that can last 80hrs

The other day I overheard a woman defending her promiscuous act shouting on top of her voice that she cheated because her husband doesn’t give her head

I shock. Bcuz since them born me till today I never hear my mom telling my dad to give him head

Who invented this head giving sef

You can’t even use the word head in public again unless you have to be specific like head of charger head of fish head of family
So you were expecting to hear your mum telling your Dad to give her head. Are you normal at all? gringringrin
Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by OboOlora(f): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2023
taylor89:
Your parents living together till death isn’t a yardstick for good marriage

The reason for divorce and bad marriages of today na material things

You used your C300 Benz of 12million to snatch a hustling guys babe and tomorrow you’ll expect her to be faithful when a man who divers 2022 Lexus LX600 of 80 million

Another reason is too much of sexual expectations in marriages

Man would dump his organic wife at the sight of a big ass BBL lady

Woman will dump her organic man looking for a billionaire with 6 packs that has cucumber penis that can last 80hrs

The other day I overheard a woman defending her promiscuous act shouting on top of her voice that she cheated because her husband doesn’t give her head

I shock. Bcuz since them born me till today I never hear my mom telling my dad to give him head

Who invented this head giving sef

You can’t even use the word head in public again unless you have to be specific like head of charger head of fish head of family
So u expect ur mama to say make ur papa give am head for ur presence or why are u thinking in inverted comma like this?
Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by bonnyhope: 11:02am On Jun 13, 2023
Media145:

Big lie

There are uncountable divorcees which their parents still live together and grand parents never had divorce.
Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by talented321: 11:03am On Jun 13, 2023
I swear, i love this fact, message to all women, the man is the head no matter who u are
Akwamkpuruamu:
Poor understanding of what marriage is! The teachings of gender equality taken into marriage. No way a man and a woman can be coequal in marriage. It could be possible in any other institution but marriage
Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Bosch10(m): 11:03am On Jun 13, 2023
Tallesty1:
Some of your points are merely circulating ideas that sound right and are assumed to be true, but surprisingly, they are not.

Starting with point A, there has never been a time in the history of humanity where women in Nigeria, for instance, were jobless. Even when men were primarily engaged in farming, wine tapping, and similar activities, women were actively involved in farming and trading.

Your point B is even more ridiculous. It is highly unlikely to find African countries listed among the top 20 countries with the highest divorce rates. Marriages tend to endure in Africa due to cultural and religious influences. No white woman anywhere could endure the challenges that someone like Kabiru's mother faces. No white woman could remain married solely because of her faith, her pastor, her church or her tradition as Chioma's mother does, and so on.

There are several reasons for the high divorce rate today, and one of them is selfishness, which is now often referred to as self-love. People are primarily focused on what makes them feel right and what benefits them, without considering the needs of others. Ask a woman what a real man is and watch how the qualities of a real man that she will list will revolve around serving her needs.

Don't ask a man such questions please, his answer will knock you off completely.

Another reason is romantic love. This notion can be destructive. In the past, when marriages lasted longer, people viewed romantic love as a form of illness. That's one of the reasons why Romeo and Juliet was written. Shakespeare intended to warn people to stay away from it. Romeo and Juliet is not a romantic tale; it was written as a cautionary tale to steer clear of such love.

Ask 20 people to define love, and each of them will give you a unique definition. Ask the same people the same question ten years later, and you will see that their idea of what love is has changed. Therefore, marrying because you love someone without considering compatibility adaptability, shared values, and a strong foundation is akin to marrying an amoeba based on its current shape.

The shape will inevitably change, and you will be fvcked

Additionally, there are unhealthy relationships, poor values, irresponsible partners, weak men etc................

you listed great and salient points up there.God bless you sire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Way4orward: 11:03am On Jun 13, 2023
Marriage is meant for mature minded people not of age or growth.

1 Like

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by omooba969(m): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2023
😂
Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by BERNIMOORE: 11:08am On Jun 13, 2023
4 REASONS FOR BOTH MAN & WOMAN
1) Bad Advisers from friends, family and On Social Media
2) Selfishness & ungratefulness
3) Me-First Attitude
4) unyielding and being Humble to Assist in House chores

1 Like

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Winters23: 11:09am On Jun 13, 2023
Media145:

Dumbest take ever

embarassed
Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by Ozigboomusi1: 11:14am On Jun 13, 2023
Marriage is based on money these days and mostly in the women's part

2 Likes

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by TheBillyonaire: 11:17am On Jun 13, 2023
Media145:

It is extra-ordinary to the common minds with basic native intelligence but just an ordinary programming of the genetics of the family neural network on Ethereal level. To understand it better, you should figure out how to delve into Consciousness Technologies and how the MindOS works as programmed by the Cosmic Programmer, of this Realm

Without telling you about Quantum Realms and what bio-neuromorphic digital neural networked units of consciousness aka fractals of consciousness; I'd like to say, what you can know and achieve is on Higg's Bossom-God Patricle Level so, I will onlly say....

Birds of the same feather, must flock together, otherwise their differences will separate them. It is called irreconcilable spiritual differences. Until there is a reunion, when you become almost perfect in your games of infinity.
Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by omooba969(m): 11:20am On Jun 13, 2023
talented321:
I swear, i love this fact, message to all women, the man is the head no matter who u are

Some of these heads don't have a functional brain you know. grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up by djon78(m): 11:21am On Jun 13, 2023
Media145:

This is a very big fallacy and lie

Many of the divorced today were not really from divorced homes

It's more about the quality of humans we have now

Characters quality have dropped very well
So people can't stand the pressure that comes with marriage

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four Generations, One Picture / Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property. / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.