Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill (53521 Views)

Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment / 5 Teachers Sacked For Impregnating SS3 Student In Kebbi; The Student Expelled / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by wahalawahala: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ezigboune:
This is a wrong move from the president
pls how?

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Richviewresort: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
This is a welcome development. I just hope it will not be another avenue to siphon government funds
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by incogni2o: 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
Increase the perimeter walls of your prisons then

Nigerians default on.loan

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Rareoil(m): 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
500k fine and 2 years in prison if you default..... Interesting

They sh8link it to NIN so people can't forge student names and collect loans.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by dejol88: 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
Are Nigeria student in federal university paying tuition fee?
I read that the loan is for tuition fee payment only.

Will this student loan not lead to massive defaults by student thereby leading to unnecessary wastage of scarce resources. We know government will go and borrow to fund this.

Since subsidy has been removed, can’t FG increase funding for our universities so that poor students won’t have to pay much for schooling I’m federal owned schools.

4 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by omojeesu(m): 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
May it work!

Payback can be a problem
Favouritism, corruption, etc
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by ghanaman5050: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
(3. Provide at least 2 guarantors (Civil Servant above Level 12 or Lawyer with at least 10 years post-call experience)
The loan is not for poor or average Nigerian.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by NOHOLDSBAR: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
I disagree with the prison part. But it's a new system and it sill be corrected and modified as we go forward.
A brilliant step in the right direction.
Nigerians hate to repay loans. Even in the US they will try anything not to pay back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by obiekunie01: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
We know the part of the country that loves taking loans - sad-waste will rush it thinking its free money.

while the mall.os will rush it thinking its their normal birth right -

you graduate - no job and they end up defaulting - then the sharks will mercilessly come for their pound of flesh!

with loan sharks on their neck day in day out!

frustration sets in - then the thought process will change to "just end it all"

NO RIGHT THINKING STUDENT WILL GO FOR THIS SHIT!

I TRUST MY BROTHERS, WE WILL NEVER EVER TOUCH THE LOAN EVEN IF ITS FORCED ON US.

He who goes a-borrowing ENDS UP A-SORROWING!

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Bsc(m): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2023
bad condition

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
Imagine lawyer or civil servant of level 12. Where I won take see that one abeg?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by aktolly54(m): 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2023
Shey if I collect the loan in 100 level, I fit collect another for 200l ? Reach 400 l? Or what

PS: am a graduate ooo, just want to know
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2023
How will they repay the loan when there is no job?

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by aktolly54(m): 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
NewSoul:
Imagine lawyer or civil servant of level 12. Where I won take see that one abeg?
if you don't have family member or any relative who can vouch for you then you don't have business with the loan

8 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Kukutenla: 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
Annual income of 500k?
Most of those bootlicking on the fp certainly won't qualify cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by newguy1(m): 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
Good move leaves room for improvement

3 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by PepeXKermit: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ezigboune:
This is a wrong move from the president

how so? when they told you people to pay your OPAY loans, una say nothing fit happen. Nothing fit happen, now you no fit get genuine loan from govt.

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by princeade86(m): 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
After nysc and no work, what will happen if he can't be able to pay due to lack of job.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Missy89(f): 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
Where is the pdf of the bill? Why is information always hard to find or hoarded in Nigeria?

The Bill is not a good idea. Govt have shifted the cost directly to young people and schools will have an incentive to increase their cost as long as the FG is paying the loans.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by princeade86(m): 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
PepeXKermit:

how so? when they told you people to pay your OPAY loans, una say nothing fit happen. Nothing fit happen, now you no fit get genuine loan from govt.
After nysc and no work, what will happen if he can't be able to pay due to lack of job.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by georgeakins: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Samirana360:
I remember Dr Chris ngige of anambra state ... when he stole peter obi’s Mandate and started working hard to win the heart of anambra people but at the end he was kicked out by the the court. So tinubu if u like turn urself to messiah just know u r working with a stolen mandate.. thank u and goodnight

Presidency dey hungry Ibos!
You go tire!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Kukutenla: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
ghanaman5050:
(3. Provide at least 2 guarantors (Civil Servant above Level 12 or Lawyer with at least 10 years post-call experience)
The loan is not for poor or average Nigerian.
A student whose parents earn less than 500k a year (40k) a month combined will be expected to produce level 12 civil servant as guarantor.
How exactly will that work?

3 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
aktolly54:
if you don't have family member or any relative who can vouch for you then you don't have business with the loan

None of my family member is a lawyer or civil servant 12 worker. Or did they say you can replace that with family members?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by hohafrank(m): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
This is called balloon policy with doubtful implementation.

3 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by obi4eze(m): 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
grin

This thing will not work. Tinubu and his fellow criminals will embezzle the money as usual.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Stevosty: 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hope we are not expecting high increment in school fees?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by darealez(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
MorataFC:
Good news,
chai,may God forgive those of us who don't believe in you.

That's democracy. It's not really about "believing in", just like tribunal resumes tomorrow, it's the process.

Logical conclusions
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by tobenuel(m): 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
Wat if the borrower later kick bucket?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by MDK777: 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
No free education in Nigeria they has forgotten that free education is very achievable
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by tunene66: 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Neco Result 2011/2012 Exams Released: Neco June/july 2011/2012 Result Checker / Meet Benefit Boys: Who Are They And What Is Really Beneficial? / See What A Student Of Godfrey Okoye University Produced (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.