Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,953 members, 7,814,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill (53534 Views)

Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment / 5 Teachers Sacked For Impregnating SS3 Student In Kebbi; The Student Expelled / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by alimaxion: 8:44am On Jun 13, 2023
Lol a lot of you guys are living in Lala land. You don't truly know what Obi wants. Obi is not seeking the overturn of the winner, he wants the court to nullify the election and INEC should conduct another election, if you think this will happen then you are surely delusional.

Samirana360:
I remember Dr Chris ngige of anambra state ... when he stole peter obi’s Mandate and started working hard to win the heart of anambra people but at the end he was kicked out by the the court. So tinubu if u like turn urself to messiah just know u r working with a stolen mandate.. thank u and goodnight
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by pacesetting: 8:54am On Jun 13, 2023
As someone who has passed through the tertiary education system in Nigeria and Europe, I can confidently tell you that this policy is whack. This policy will create more problems rather than solve them because you can't place the cart before the horse. Don't worry, you will understand during implementation.
LegendHero:

You come dey talk like say Tinubu put rope for you neck to borrow the money by fire by force.

So what stop Tinubu from solving unemployment issue and sustaining the student loan too? Do one need to stop before the other Abi you just love hating for hating sake? You well so?

Sometimes I think some Nigerians are actually mentally handicapped coz I find it weird that some people are actually criticizing this good effort from Tinubu.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by LivingSage: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2023
Oga keep quiet.
Stop diccck measurement
braine:
Nice.

Tinubu has done better in 3 weeks than Bubu in 4 years.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by noble99: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2023
Is not a bad idea, the loan is not a free education program, after education, which jobs will they do to repay the loan.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Kay25(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2023
Ezigboune:
This is a wrong move from the president
U don't know the value of education that's why well I know u are from dos who all dey think of is to open a shop at alaba once they come from the east u can't think Better than that
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by lolu2019: 9:22am On Jun 13, 2023
obiekunie01:

i dont talk to BA.Tstards so gerrof my mention.
weyrey
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by LOVEGINO(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2023
braine:
Nice.

4 years abi 8 years.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Swissli(f): 10:14am On Jun 13, 2023
I've Borrowed Money Just Once And I Regretted It For A Very Long Time
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by tabaralph: 10:39am On Jun 13, 2023
Ezigboune:

All those in my mention crying 😂 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 😂 😂 😂 😂 🤣

I will drink your tears when you can't access the loan and relealize it's only vivid imagination

Tell me how a graduate can payback the loan when there are no jobs, remember the consequence of defaulters is jail(let's not even talk about that one now). Let's be realistic in today's Nigeria, an average Nigerian graduate hasn't achieved anything in two years, so where do you intend to get the money and payback the loan. Create jobs or rather make the jobs accessible to the poor man.

Give them hope and not something that looks like hope.

Even the loan will even be a means for some group of people to cash out.

Believe it or not Nigeria shall be great again…
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by obi4eze(m): 10:40am On Jun 13, 2023
Tareq1105:

Children of perdition aren't difficult to identify.

Oga tell me how it will work when the government is corrupt, your principal is overcurrupt?

Besides, how would the students repay the loans if they're unemployed?

See ehn, your drug baron's government is bound to fail. A thief is a failure and that's what your principal is.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Acehart: 11:19am On Jun 13, 2023
The Cart-before-the-horse policy
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Smartguyboy(m): 11:19am On Jun 13, 2023
But to be honest we don’t really need this student loan 💵.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by LegendHero(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2023
pacesetting:
As someone who has passed through the tertiary education system in Nigeria and Europe, I can confidently tell you that this policy is whack. This policy will create more problems rather than solve them because you can't place the cart before the horse. Don't worry, you will understand during implementation.

Ogbeni na USA I do my masters. You’re saying nonsense bro.

What is the cost of tuition in Nigeria compared to the West? Here you go need average of $110k for undergraduate whereas in a federal university in Nigeria for example, you can spend less than 200k for your whole undergraduate.

Even if you get a job of 80k in Nigeria after school, you can easily repay the loan in few years whereas for USA, even with $100k yearly job, you will struggle to repay the loan in few years when you factor in all other bills.

I now conclude that some Nigerians are actually deluded. At this rate, even if Tinubu implement 24hrs electricity, they will still complain that it is detrimental to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Ashawoman82: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2023
Ezigboune:

All those in my mention crying 😂 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 😂 😂 😂 😂 🤣

I will drink your tears when you can't access the loan and relealize it's only vivid imagination

Tell me how a graduate can payback the loan when there are no jobs, remember the consequence of defaulters is jail(let's not even talk about that one now). Let's be realistic in today's Nigeria, an average Nigerian graduate hasn't achieved anything in two years, so where do you intend to get the money and payback the loan. Create jobs or rather make the jobs accessible to the poor man.

Give them hope and not something that looks like hope.

Even the loan will even be a means for some group of people to cash out.
bro, are u saying the nation should make tertiary education free? Are u for real right now?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by armadeo(m): 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2023
Teminio:
The student loan is a prelude of things to come....forerunner to education subsidy removal

You see it too right ?

Omo the heat about to begin. The next step would be removing hand completely from all federal tertiary institutions.

Finance yourself. Lol.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Peppysco: 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2023
dejol88:

See this one , you seem to be a learner.
The revenue generated in this country, has it been enough to fund our national budget?
is it not an open secret we borrow to fund our budget.
Where would the government source the funding from when there has not been increased in revenue ?

With this your analysis, I guess it is safe to say that the USA does not generate enough revenue to fund it's budget since the country's debt profile run into trillions of dollars.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by abbiboy: 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2023
braine:
Nice.

Small things get u excited before year runs out is curse and abuse u would start hearing..baba rest he has done nothing tangible so far.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by pacesetting: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2023
I don't think you are doing justice to this your UK's master's degree claim. The reasoning is too shallow man. You don't provide a solution to symptoms, but rather to the main sickness. I repeat again, student loan policy will solve nothing. It will rather raise more issues.

The gov't should have put certain things in place before this policy. Otherwise, it will still go the way of so many other loan policies we have had over the years. Watch as the policy unfolds. And at the bolded, this discussion is not about Tinubu, but about a flawed policy.
LegendHero:

Ogbeni na USA I do my masters. You’re saying nonsense bro.

What is the cost of tuition in Nigeria compared to the West? Here you go need average of $110k for undergraduate whereas in a federal university in Nigeria for example, you can spend less than 200k for your whole undergraduate.

Even if you get a job of 80k in Nigeria after school, you can easily repay the loan in few years whereas for USA, even with $100k yearly job, you will struggle to repay the loan in few years when you factor in all other bills.

I now conclude that some Nigerians are actually deluded. At this rate, even if Tinubu implement 24hrs electricity, they will still complain that it is detrimental to Nigeria.

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by LegendHero(m): 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2023
pacesetting:
I don't think you are doing justice to this your UK's master's degree claim. The reasoning is too shallow man. You don't provide a solution to symptoms, but rather to the main sickness. I repeat again, student loan policy will solve nothing. It will rather raise more issues.

The gov't should have put certain things in place before this policy. Otherwise, it will still go the way of so many other loan policies we have had over the years. Watch as the policy unfolds. And at the bolded, this discussion is not about Tinubu, but about a flawed policy.

Where did you see UK in my post? You sure say you get eyes like this?

I’ve passed the level of defending any policy coz I’ve seen some Nigerians are mentally unwell. If you like say the student loan na devil plan, it’s not my business.

The people that need it will collect it and enjoy the benefit. E no compulsory and they no put rope for anybody neck to collect by force.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by pacesetting: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2023
"the people who need it". That's a very poor reasoning. I won't be surprised if you're just a jobless internet troll begging for crumbs online. Saying you are a masters degree holder is the biggest lie I've ever heard this year. Because you don't even seem to grasp what you're typing here. I won't dignify you with another reply.
LegendHero:

Where did you see UK in my post? You sure say you get eyes like this?

I’ve passed the level of defending any policy coz I’ve seen some Nigerians are mentally unwell. If you like say the student loan na devil plan, it’s not my business.

The people that need it will collect it and enjoy the benefit. E no compulsory and they no put rope for anybody neck to collect by force.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by LegendHero(m): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2023
pacesetting:
"the people who need it". That's a very poor reasoning. I won't be surprised if you're just a jobless internet troll begging for crumbs online. Saying you are a masters degree holder is the biggest lie I've ever heard this year. Because you don't even seem to grasp what you're typing here. I won't dignity you with another reply.

Your father will be doing thanksgiving all day in church if he has a kid like me.

If I lie, make I perish.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Love800(m): 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2023
Sir

Pls can u kindly outline all the levels in civil service so let me understand dis level of a thing.
Omenlon:
Oga level 12 no be assistant director or director. Level 12 full everywhere, abi na bush you dey leave?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Love800(m): 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2023
Sir, pls can u kindly outline the levels in civil service, so i can understand dis level of a tin
Web2020:
Do you know what it takes to get to level 12 in civil service? The graduate entry level is level 7/8.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by DaveJacuzie: 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2023
ghanaman5050:

Tell me one developed country that youn need Civil Servant above Level 12 or Lawyer with at least 10 years post-call experience) to get studen loan. In the UK , you pay back loans when you are working.
Sincerely I agree with you! But understand they already have a system in place. That is why we call them developed countries. They have records, documentation which we unfortunately don't have.
What works for Nigeria now is bringing guarantors. I guess that will be reviewed soon. They just started.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by ghanaman5050: 6:56pm On Jun 13, 2023
[quote author=DaveJacuzie post=123774439]
Sincerely I agree with you! But understand they already have a system in place. That is why we call them developed countries. They have records, documentation which we unfortunately don't have.
What works for Nigeria now is bringing guarantors. I guess that will be reviewed soon. They just started.

I believe in Nigeria, and I believe president, Adekunle Tinubu, has good something to offer. We get there soon
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by zhirkovrado(m): 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2023
After serving two years in prison for defaulting the loan, what else? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by EasternPrince: 4:19am On Jun 14, 2023
johnjose68:

You know what. I am actually happy that you are unhappy because the president is making progress.

It begs believe that someone is actually saying that PBAT is hasty angry So the president is hasty in solving problem But Buhari was too slow in solving problem

Why not kukuma focus on the quest of searching for your god's stolen manh.ood

@XY23 kindly ignore this jobless old man. He can't help his hatred of igbos.

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by EasternPrince: 4:22am On Jun 14, 2023
johnjose68:

Okay..but you believe it is a good policy...so let's start from somewhere.... appreciate the move and criticize constructively... don't be forever pessimistic grin

On ASIWAJU's mandate I stand ♾️

Me and creolehunt invite you to stand with us on his manhood instead grin grin grin grin

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by hansomb: 7:35am On Jun 14, 2023
Judolisco:
it's a step towards university autonomy, a sch will be at liberty to dictate it's tuition fees, Federal schs will now start charging like private schs... A lot of people will apply for d loans and of its dis Nigeria I know.... Preferential treatment will be given to some
As long as federal government still pumps money into University through University commission, they will still have a big say on how things are being run.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Judolisco(m): 7:42am On Jun 14, 2023
hansomb:

As long as federal government still pumps money into University through University commission, they will still have a big say on how things are being run.
d money will stop....if you've noticed.. Universities r beginning to increase fees already and it's jst d beginning

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Neco Result 2011/2012 Exams Released: Neco June/july 2011/2012 Result Checker / See What A Student Of Godfrey Okoye University Produced (photo) / Meet Benefit Boys: Who Are They And What Is Really Beneficial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.